PDA

View Full Version : Our memory is still in mind...

Gardakan
2009-01-01, 08:35 PM
Day : 24th september 1500 after the SunWar. Outside, this is the King's Week. There are so much people in the street. The festivities of the week of the king are under way for over 4 days. Moonrise is a square of 2 kilometers by 2 kilometers and is under the autority of Harton the King.

You're in the tavern of the ''last way''. You're here for 1 week, resting, drinking, eating and doing all the stuff a normal adevnturing party do. Your last quest, investigate on the murder of the minister of justice solved by a success. You find the murderer and put him in jail.

Harton award you by the investigator medal, a silver medal shape like a crown. This is another success for the Shadow Company. Your reputation increase well and the people often say ''hello'' or ''thank you'' to you in the street. Many girls have approched the boys. Your well known in the community of Moonrise.

Your group woke up in the morning. All of you are sitting at the table. A messenger enter in the tavern and go to the bar and give a box to the innkeeper.

The innkeeper shout : Who'z... Almaz Raellenn...

Almaz : It's me...

Innkeeper : I have something for you...

Almaz : OK

Almaz stand up and walk to the bar. He take the letter and open it.

Dear Almaz,

It's me... maybe i need to write it was me... if you read that i'm dead. Who am I... you will probably say. Your uncle, Remediaz Rallen. I am the twin of your brother. You don't know me... but me i saw you when you were little.

I want you to know that i let my work about the...

Remediaz

The rest of the letter is unreadable. Maybe blood, or tomato saucage. But that letter contain the mark of the Almaz, a white eagle. With the letter there is a little bag with a ring, a chain and a map.

Demons_eye
2009-01-02, 03:51 AM
"Almaz Whats you got over there?" Janis ask as he spills some beer on to his robes."Sod it"

Johel
2009-01-02, 05:49 AM
Sven stopped drinking his "morning hale" to look at Almaz. The barbarian wiped the froth from his mouth and spoke.
"-What's this ? Good news, I hope. I'm not moving from here before another two or three days !! Still gold to spend and I found this little cuttie last night near the docks... Mew, 'tell you latter. So, what's all about ?"

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 06:02 AM
Nesil sits in the corner sipping on a little mug.
"Hope It's something we can take action to. It's boring here." Nesil comments looking on the barbarian well on the way to "stoned" "And I'm not the type to get myself wasted for three days in an inn."

Johel
2009-01-02, 06:23 AM
Sven snored.
"-Wadaya mean, wasted ? I wasn't even close to it, just a bit dizzy. And what's boring here ? I though you liked the cities, Nesil."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 06:29 AM
"Boring is, sitting around drinking stuff." Nesil answers "I'd much rather do something"

Johel
2009-01-02, 06:34 AM
"-You don't know what's quality time !!"
He sipped the rest of the mug.
"-So, What is it ? Da King lost another minister or what ?

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 06:43 AM
"Whatever" Nesil says going back to sipping his ale.

Midboss
2009-01-02, 08:56 AM
While his friends were inquiring about the letter and getting in a small argument, like usual. He was in a bit of a shock, he certainly didn't remember such an individual. He fiddled around with the items, having a look at them.

It then suddenly dawned on him his friends were waiting for an answer. His brain took a few seconds to formulate an answer:

"Errr.. Apparently, according to this letter... Some uncle I never knew I had died.... This is rather disturbing..."

He plunged into deep thought again. There was of course the chance of some scam or joke, but he needed to check it out, just to be sure. He opened the little bag, to check its contents.

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 09:38 AM
All the farmers, soldiers and others peoples in the inn look at you. The subject of their discussion change suddenly for the men with the bag.

At your table Sven and Nesil were just trying to conserve when Almaz take a risk a take in his hand into the bag. You retrieve your hand with a ring with a diamond on the top, a map of the Kingdom of Berethar and a silver chain with the Rallen's mark.

At the same moment, a guy stand up of it chair, he seems to have drunk many beers, and walk in front of Almaz.

-Hey you, he just said un a voice desesperatly, that's me.... Almaz... please give me my bag.

So he put his hand on the bag and try to pull it off the hand of Almaz...

Midboss
2009-01-02, 09:45 AM
Alamz swiftly pulled the bag backwards, keeping eyes on the drunk.

"And you would be ?..."

He did an eye signal at his friends, sort of asking for help in case things got hairy.

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 10:07 AM
The men just try to put his hand in the bag, but miss it by one feet. He fell on the floor, and by honor just stand up in one second. He fart in your face and insult you. He return to his place with a stance of king.

The principal subject of the discuss have change now. From the letter to the guy who try to steal the letter.

Almaz return to his seat and put on the table from the bag : a diamond on a gold ring, a silver chain with an eagle, the Rallen's mark, a map of the kingdom of Berethar and the letter form his uncle. Also there is a little chest in the bag.

Johel
2009-01-02, 11:28 AM
Early morning bar fight nearly avoided :smallbiggrin:

Sven nodded discretely at Almaz as the drunk man approached. As usual, he was ready to play "dumb and tough" if needed. When the man felt on the ground, the barbarian couldn't hide a smile.

As things were back to normal, he turned to Almaz and saw the ring.
"-Hey... Maybe you don't know that dead uncle but I bet you already like him !! That's a bit expansive for a prank, no ? Is that all the letter say ?"

Midboss
2009-01-02, 12:07 PM
(Almaz speaks in dark blue)

"You have a point. If it is a prank, that is the most expensive prank I have ever seen."

Yeah, diamond ring and silver chain, at least if it was all bogus, he could always sell the stuff.

"Well the rest of the letter is somewhat stained. (he shows the blood traces.) Comes also with a map and..."

He starts thinking that it may be a good idea to move. Things could get ugly quickly if some other drunk came to them.

"You know what guys, lets go have a walk. I need fresh air."

Maurkov
2009-01-02, 12:12 PM
Otho

Otho, who has been busy feeding table scraps to Max, looks up. Unsure of the social situation, he trusts Alamz to handle himself and to call for help if he needs it. Still, the stranger seems to be behaving oddly. Otho looks around and tries to understand.

"You know what guys, lets go have a walk. I need fresh air."

Otho shrugs and clambers on the back of Max. "Can I see the map?"

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 12:33 PM
-------------------

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 12:35 PM
After Alamz and Sven discuss about the jewelry the bag contain, 4 guys with club or wood piece approach the table with some ugly face. They were 4 thugs walking slowly but with solid conviction. The first who was close to Almaz just swing his club on the head of Almaz and hit him solidly to knock him on the table. The second just pass his head.

(almaz the club deal you 9 damage)

Initiative order : Sven 20, Janis 19, Nesil 11, Thugs 9, Almaz 9, Otho 4

The chief thug say : Give me your bag and i will let you live. Desobey to Karl the chief and you will die.

The three others just laugh of the situation.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3464/tavernfightbn6.png

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 12:47 PM
I cast charm person at the thug closest to me "hey now, you wouldn't let your 'buddy' here get away with that kind of jerkorffing would you"

Johel
2009-01-02, 01:00 PM
Sven stood up, taking a deep breath as he gave a quick glance at the four thugs, then to Nesil. The "little" rogue had always been able to trick death with his magic but, just in case it didn't work, the barbarian was ready to act, thrusting his chest and tensing his muscles to look more intimidating.

Already, a nearby chair had catch his attention. If things got ugly...

If the charm doesn't work, I grab a nearby chair and use it as an improvised weapon. We don't want to use a axe in our inn, don't we ? :smallwink:
See the roll thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101133)for eventual rolls.

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 01:25 PM
Sven just make a little step closer to the thug close to him. He take his chair and swing it violently at the face of the thug. The chair just knock him down on the floor, in a blood river. The chief thug, under effect of the spell of Nesil :

-Sorry my old friend Nesil, I haven't recognize you, please accept my apologize for attacking you and your friends. We are sorry Almaz, have a nice day. For the trouble take that... i'm very sorry.

The two others thugs just run when they saw their friend felt on the ground with the nose broken and blood rushing out of it. The chief put a bag on the table containing 3 gold piece, all he have and leave without any trouble.

Innkeeper : Thank you very much. Those guy made trouble in my inn for a few weeks. Thanks a lot. For the guy on the flood, it's my trouble. I will put him at the door like a drunken guy that fell on the corner of a table. he say with a little twinkle.

The innkeeper give you a full barrel of beer and don't blame you for the chair that Sven broke. He take the thug ''sleeping(as he say...)'' on the floor and throw it outside the inn.

Some people yell at you : Houray for the Shadow Company.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 01:41 PM
Wow.:smalleek: My highest hope was one fo the thughs attacking another thug not that everyone would take a walk. Oh well:smallbiggrin:

"There, that settles that" Then he looks at Almaz and walks to him helping him back up "What's in the bag?"

Maurkov
2009-01-02, 01:41 PM
Otho

Edit: You guys are too quick.

Otho snarls like a cornered opossum and ducks under the table. There he fumbles around, muttering. As an after-though, he shouts, (gnomish) "Max! Tsukumen tsu!"

5' step NW
Move Action: Ready shield
Standard Action: Cast Bull's Strength on Alamz (hopefully unnoticed in the melee)
Free Action: Handle Animal (companion), telling Max to Come.

Rolls in OOC thread

"They seem to know more about all this than we do; Can we ask them some questions?"

Johel
2009-01-02, 02:00 PM
"-I love my job..."
Sven tapped the barrel, a large smile on his face. He then answered to Otho.
"-They're just a bunch of sissies who think they are lions !! They saw gold and that's what they were after. But if you insist, I'm ready to *chat* with them again. Let me first take my axe upstairs..."

Midboss
2009-01-02, 02:01 PM
Alamz had his face on the table, the strike having hit him quite hard.

"Errrr.... what just happened now ? My head hurts..."

Almaz painfully got up, moving his head around to avoid a stiff neck. In this period his brain registered what had happened and the current situation. He put his coat on and picked up his gear, including the bag.

"I think I might wanna stop at some potion place or something. That bastard really hurt."

He whispered to his friends:

"I think it's best we discuss this somewhere a little less crowded."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 02:13 PM
"I agree" Nesil says and takes the stairs up. Assuming others follow suite and go with him to their room he says "I'm going to check this place for scrying, detect any magic here" Nesil says "It's technically illegal, but hey, Any method of finding it out would be illegal too so, there" Nesil .says as he starts chanting and waving his arms

Maurkov
2009-01-02, 03:13 PM
Otho

"Almaz, I believe I can mend your head, once we are outside."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-02, 04:06 PM
"I have the ability too as I carry a wand"

Johel
2009-01-02, 05:19 PM
"-Otho'll do it.
Your wand has limits. Otho, he has plenty of magic where it comes from.
Haven't you, Otho ?!"
Saying that, Sven gave a friendly slam in the back of Otho before following Nesil to the rooms.

Unless we had already packed our stuff to leave, most of it should be in the rooms. I'm not relaxing in a inn with around 70+ pounds of equipment on my back. Sven is strong but he'll not wear an armor unless necessary.

+ the room is a lot more private than the street. It's morning and, as we are unemployed and wealthy, I don't think we woke up with the chicken. So the city's streets are probably crowded.

Demons_eye
2009-01-02, 05:38 PM
"sorry about that sir" Janis says as he cleans up some of the things they spilled. "sorry to here about your uncle "He mutters to Almaz as he walks with the others.

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 05:52 PM
So the fight was short and sweet... like the innkeeper love them. The entire group go to their room and take their stuff. When the moment come to leave the inn and pay your room, the innkeeper just make it free for the Shadow Company. A gift of circunstance.

Going outside, Janis just notice that he know something about the uncle of Almaz. Remediaz was a guy who had a jewelry shop localized on the merchant street. It's close from where you are.

For the hit :

Almaz you had a big ''puck'' on the right side of your head.

Midboss
2009-01-02, 06:00 PM
"It's ok Janis. I doesn't really traumatize me since I didn't even know the guy. Don't get me wrong, his death is tragic like death always are but you know..."

Almaz started walking on the street, looking for some park or square where they could discuss in relative peace. He passed his hand on his headwound.

"That bastard really left a mark. I'm lucky my skull isn't fractured."

Maurkov
2009-01-02, 06:17 PM
"-Otho'll do it.
Your wand has limits. Otho, he has plenty of magic where it comes from.
Haven't you, Otho ?!"

"Sure. I have infinite magic as long as you have infinite time."

"Feel better, Almaz?"

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 06:42 PM
Almaz, on the way to Jewelry shop, find a park at your right. It's a little park like 50 meters by 40 meters. A little fountain in the center border by some bench and a mini-forest. They are 3 people talking on a bench.

Demons_eye
2009-01-02, 08:06 PM
"Hmm let mogget look around for a bit." I open my pack to let mogget (my Fimilar a Cat) walk around and tell him after 5 minutes to report back.

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 08:17 PM
Mogget get out of the bag and just walk around. He just walk calmly and came back to Janis after 5 minutes report with a mouse always living between his mouth. He just eat his mouse and jump into the backpack of Janis.

A little girl advance and try to catch the kitten when he was walking to Janis.

''Cutie, stay here, i want to play with you.''

The little girl don't see the Shadow Company and she hurt Janis. She lift up his head and look at Sven...

''I'm sorry...'', she says just before running between his mother legs.

Demons_eye
2009-01-02, 08:22 PM
"Damn flee bag" Janis mutters so only the cat can hear him.

"Its ok little girl Sven's bark is worse then his bite." Janis waits for the girl to leave then tells the others mogget said the area was clear

Johel
2009-01-02, 08:28 PM
"-Yeah...Northmen only eat children when They're really hungry. Damn you, Janis. Like I'm not scary enough."

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 08:45 PM
The mother take his children by the hand and came out the park. When passing close to Sven, she just spit on Sven and insult him.

''Stupid bastard.. go hang yourself in the mountain...''

She leave with his children. The little girl cry and want to play with the cat.

Demons_eye
2009-01-02, 09:08 PM
I cast light on her nose. As she is leaving.

Gardakan
2009-01-02, 09:25 PM
The women just see light appear on his nose.

GUARDS!!!! A magic user in the city... i don't see anything... please help me.

She fake to be blind and fell in the middle of the street. Soldiers come block the only way to get out from the park.

Of the 3 soldiers one make one step forward,

''On the order of the King, all the user of magic must have a... oh sorry i don't recognize you. You are Janis from the Shadow Company... may I have your autograph for my little girl.'' he says with admiration.

The men walk close to Janis and Janis sign his name on a piece of paper.

''I'm sure this was an accident mister Janis. I'm sure he won't do it again. Have a nice day.'', he says with a sarcastic voice to the women.

He just returned to his watch way then he returns again.

''Thanks a lot Janis.''

Johel
2009-01-02, 10:49 PM
Sven nodded at the guards then, as soon as they can't hear him, looked at Janis, half a smile on his face.
"-See, I know we have this whole "hero thing" right now. But I'm sure we shouldn't push our luck too far with this. It'll put us in trouble on day...Real trouble, I mean. But anyway, thank you."

Demons_eye
2009-01-02, 11:06 PM
Meh the hag needed it but I will tone it down. So Almaz what we doing?

Midboss
2009-01-03, 05:50 AM
"You mean aside from scaring people and destroying carfully cultivated goodwill from the locals ?"

Almaz pulled the small chest out of the bag and opened it:

"I wanted somewhere private to check out what was in that thing."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-03, 08:19 AM
"Yeah me too." Nesil says "We should get back to the inn after we visit the jewerly shop."

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 09:54 AM
The chest contain a little key in copper. The key is like a normal key but with the Rallen's Mark.

Johel
2009-01-03, 10:11 AM
Sven looked curiously over Almaz's shoulder.
"-A chest with a key...which maybe open a bigger chest. If you want to find out more, I'm in, Almaz ! Nesil is perhaps a party pooper but he was right : the city is boring without secrets to unveil, treasures to loot and skulls to crush. To the shop !! Janis, lead the way."

Midboss
2009-01-03, 10:40 AM
"Yeah, we might as well stop there. Might even have some cousins I haven't met yet."

Almaz got up, their course of action apparently dictated. After this place, if nothing else popped up, he would have to go back to his parents and have a talk with his father about that. After all, he would have to be told about such an event happening to his own twin. He heard that twins were usualy close. Also, his father might have some insights on the whole thing.

"I'm not sure how my family business would bring us interesting adventures, but lets not be pessimistic. I'm sure whatever perverse inteligence out there is guiding us will have many opportunities for us to defy death, get beaten up, and cry like little girls."

Demons_eye
2009-01-03, 12:52 PM
"Defying death and cryin like girls is ok with me, might even get to blow some thing up, but really geting beaten? Still I am with you." Janis opens his bag and looks around in it. Sod it damn cat ate the ring I was gona pawn. Shops to the left mate.

Maurkov
2009-01-03, 03:37 PM
Otho

"You should get a dog."

At the shop, Otho stands up in the stirrups so that he can look in the window, then climbs down and commands Max to stay.

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 04:05 PM
So all your group walk to the store. You arrive in front of a two stage building. The store is in wood crack by many place. You are in a small street and now they're no people (not counting you...).

The front door is locked. They're 2 windows in the front of the store at the upper floor.

Demons_eye
2009-01-03, 04:16 PM
I knock on the door

"Some one there? Are you open?

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 04:34 PM
After few minutes of waiting, no sound came of the shop. Some people cross the street and look strangely at you.

Midboss
2009-01-03, 04:41 PM
"Lets try that instead."

Almaz pulled out the key and put in the lock. There were chances that it might be the right one.

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 04:55 PM
The door open on a empty room. Only dust cover the wall and the baywindow at the back. A chest was at the upper floor and a bag is in chest. Nothing except that bag in the chest.

Demons_eye
2009-01-03, 04:57 PM
Fancy that. Janis says as he looks around.Whats in the bag Almaz?

Midboss
2009-01-03, 05:14 PM
Almaz was a little surprised of the inside of the shop. There were no wares and the quantity of dust suggested it had been the case for quite some time now. Either this place was deserted for some reason... or the shop was just some cover up for something else:

"Shouldn't shop have wares ?"

Fancy that. Janis says as he looks around.Whats in the bag Almaz?
Today 09:55 PM

"Oh well lets find out..."

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 05:52 PM
So Almaz take the bag and just look at the interior... nothing. Someone have stole the thing that was inside the bag before you because the chest have been forced and the bag open....

Maurkov
2009-01-03, 06:49 PM
Otho

Once someone has explained the situation to Otho, his brow furrows. "Well. Lets find out where it went."

He hands his eye lenses to Nesil. "Stay alert."

Otho transforms into a riding dog not unlike Max and sniffs around.

He'll try to identify all the individual scents he can pick up in the shop. The stalest should be that of Remediaz. The thief's (or thieves') scents should be fresher. He's quiet familiar with his friends' smells, so he should be able to rule those out. If the trail is fresh enough, Otho will follow it. While in animal form, he'll explain to Max what he's up to, and if he's identified the thief's smell, show it to Max for later tracking.

Lenses are Eyes of the Eagle; +5 to Spot.

Looks like Otho got a natural 20 on his tracking roll, for a 37. He can get to 39 if Max takes 10 to assist.

Johel
2009-01-03, 07:27 PM
"-What kind of jewelry is that ?!! Just so we don't come back later, check if your key match the chest. I'll search for evidences as well.

And so, Sven went at the back of the shop.

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 07:50 PM
Otho, transforme into a dog, use his nose and his natural sense to detect the odor of the human pass through the shop. Otho identify 8 people in that test.

1-Almaz
2-Otho
3-Sven
4-Max
5-Nesil
6-Janis
7-Unknow odor(human)(last of 5 days to 1 week)
8-Unknow odor(human)(few hours between you pass and he pass...)

Maurkov
2009-01-03, 08:41 PM
Otho

"Woof!"

Max joins Otho in checking a scent. With noses to the ground, they head for the door.

He and Max will attempt to track #8

Demons_eye
2009-01-03, 09:13 PM
"What is it boy?"
Janis ask trying not to smile. He pulls mogget out of his pack and places him on his Shoulder looking back at Otho
"Really now, lead the way man er dog. I am geting tired of this place its kinda creepy with no one in it"

Gardakan
2009-01-03, 10:12 PM
Otho and Max... followed by Sven, Nesil, Janis and Almaz run in the street. The human who stole the shop was not so far from the store. 200 meters of running and Otho stop in front of the Thieves Guild of MoonRise. no mention of the thieves guild was on the building but all the Shadow Company know that building(in the murder of the minister of Justice you have work in small relation with the Thieves Guild...).

A big building of 5 floor, with no window. The roof is too high to be climb. The door is open and it seem to be a tavern.

Maurkov
2009-01-03, 10:31 PM
Otho

Otho whines. He looks at the ominous building and back to the Shadow Company.

Johel
2009-01-04, 10:52 AM
Sven stopped running and looked at the building for a few seconds. He then takes check that his axe is at hand reach and walks to the door.

"-I guess it's time to pay a visit to our friends. Do we play it smooth or rough ?"

Midboss
2009-01-04, 12:11 PM
"Hmmm, lets not go there just for the moment. I don't really feel like waking up tomorow with a dagger in my heart."

Almaz took a bit of time to think. So far, this story, thugs excluded, had not being really dangerous, but messing with the thieves guild was a quick way to the bottom of the river. He first had to get a better idea of the whole thing before unecesseraly risking their lives.

"I think I'm first going to have a chat with my old man. He might have some more information on this whole thing."

Maurkov
2009-01-04, 02:02 PM
Otho

Otho tells Max, "Woof. woof." Then he trots over to an alley so he can transform back without disturbing the locals.

"Max, remember that smell. We might want to track him again."

Gardakan
2009-01-04, 05:31 PM
Max just go in a street near the Thieves Guild and transform himself into human. Of the bunch of guy in the ''tavern'' entrance of the Thieves Guild, some of them just remark your group. They approach of you.

''What are you doing here... if you want to enter... enter or leave. We don't want tourists at the Rat and the Lady. So pass your way of enter.?

The guy you say that just look like a fat man. He got a grey beard and a nude head. 5''8, like forty years old... and he smell the *******.

Johel
2009-01-04, 06:07 PM
Sven looked at the old man when he approached. He then speak quickly to Almaz.
"-Your father, does he live in Moorise ? If yes, let's save time : I, Otho and Nesil can handle the thieves. You and Janis go to your family's house. I swear we'll not screw it. With Nesil's big brain, Otho's smell and me to cover their backs, nothing can go wrong. What do you say ?"

Frog Dragon
2009-01-05, 03:06 AM
"I'm fine with that," Nesil says to the others "But come to think of it the thugs we encoutered at the inn might be here."

Midboss
2009-01-05, 05:37 AM
"Well in that case, just be carefull, guys. TRy talking first."
Almaz was ready to walk away. He looked at Janis for confirmation.

Demons_eye
2009-01-05, 07:14 AM
"I am ok with it"

Maurkov
2009-01-05, 10:40 AM
Otho

Otho adjusts his pants as he rejoins the party. He addresses the bouncer, "Oh, good day. My friends were waiting for me while I... made use of your alley there. And now, I'm thirsty again."

Gardakan
2009-01-05, 07:14 PM
Janis and Almaz just walk to his father house, about 2 kilometers away of the Thieves Guild. At the same moment they left, Otho just saw Janis and Almaz getting out of the street.

The bouncer ask you : What are you doing here... please leave or i call the guards.

Otho take the lead and speak. The bouncer's face just change from angry to happy.

''So enter. We serve beer, meat and just ask and you will know. Our room are full but we can do a place for you at the fireplace. Do you want cards... or anything other. We have some cuties girls... just for you at the upper floor.''

He lead you to a table in the corner of the inn. The table in a shadow place. The place is small but they're 5 tables. 21 humans are standing in the place, including the innkeeper. Some are playing dice or cards.

A cute girl came back with three beers that smell very good.

''A gift of the innkeeper. Feel free to ask for some more... our basket are full. Well i'll be right over there if you need me, call Anastasia.''

She leave with a twink to Sven.

@ Janis & Almaz

Almaz remember the way to get back to his family home. He don't put the feet in that house for over one year. He had the same key at the epoc.

You arrive to the house in 20 minutes and don't encounter any troubles on the way to it. Many people just say hello to you.

Maurkov
2009-01-06, 12:55 PM
Otho

"Beer, bread, and cheese for me, please."

When it looks like we'll be left alone a while, Otho speaks quietly to the others. "I had something stolen once, when I first emerged from the jungles into human lands. A nice watchman explained how this sort of thing works. Right now, the thief trying to find a stockade."

<blank looks>

"A person who takes the stolen stuff? Fence. Right."

"Max and I know the thief by smell, but once we find him, he won't have what he stole, and we don't even know what we're looking for. Does someone more persuasive than me want to try talking them into helping us? We are famous.

"The other idea is to locate the thief and then persuade him to recover the goods, but that might require a lot of persuasion." Otho avoids looking at Sven.

Johel
2009-01-06, 03:09 PM
Sven smiled as Anastasia went back to the counter, his eyes following her. He didn't even listen when Otho explained how to get the thief...except the very last words.
"-Gné ?...Oh, yes, I'm the very persuasive type."
The barbarian waved at the counter, as to attrack the attention of the waitress. He then spoke quietly to his friends.
"-But why don't we just try to contact the guild like the last time ? I'm sure at least one of those guys remember us. If they wanna protect the man and hide him, let's just explain we don't want his head or even his identity, just what he stole from the chest. If they still refuse, Nesil can probably negociate a fair price but I'd rather avoid that."

He then took his beer and swallowed it at once, ready to order an other one.
"-Anastasia might be helpful to establish contact. And failing that, it's still worth knowing her more..."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-06, 04:29 PM
"Do you know a thieves guild member in high position that is not known for willpower?" Nesil whispers to the others "Alternatively we could get someone to find our info." Nesil continues "Bribe someone in the guild?" "Would cost less than going to the leader people."

Midboss
2009-01-06, 05:11 PM
After finaly finding his place, Almaz knocked at the door, a little unsure of what to say. He was about to annonce him his brother's death, asuming it was true. He didn't know how well they got on, but it was still important. He turned to his friend Janis:

"Not that I don't trust you, but please let me do the talking on that one. It might come to him as a shock."

Demons_eye
2009-01-06, 06:23 PM
"Well it would be kinda weird for me to tell him so you can do all the talking. They have any truble with cats?" Janis pulls mogget off himself then puts him in the pack.

Gardakan
2009-01-06, 09:13 PM
@ Almaz and Janis...

An old women come and open the door. This girl was not of your family for sure. When you ask her about the ancient owner she answer that...

''The man who leave the house about 1 week with some stuff. He sell me that house for 40 gold piece(she laugh), good things for me. Maybe i don't know him very well. He says that he was going to Blackheart, in the north of the mountain... for business.''

As you remember, your father didn't business and don't talk to you about business in your childhood. The women just close the door and your hear the sound of a lock that turn on and an object pull on the door.

@Otho, Sven and Nesil...

Anastasia just came back with cheese, bread and beer. After few minutes you seem to find the way to sleep. Morgan's arm open to you. All of you fall into a deep sleep.(Automatic fail on the fortitude save so i don't roll...)

Sven woke up in a little room entangle in something like rope. Spider rope. Too hard to be broke. You contract your big muscle but you can't get out of that. Two minutes pass and Nesil woke up... and Otho ten minutes later. You can talk but the room is small(3m x 3m...). Max, Otho's dog, isn't here. Max you can sense him in the room... but not exactly where. Your weapons and stuff(just your armor or clothes still on you) have been taken.

A man enter in the room. He's young looking, with a beard brown and blue eyes. Tall and slim. He carry the sword of Sven.

''You littles thieves... tell me what you're doing in that building and i will make death more fast for you. If you don't tell me what you are doing here.... i will have fun.''

He carry a torch in flame with him...

Maurkov
2009-01-07, 01:43 AM
Otho

Otho waits for Sven to get belligerent, and while our captor is distracted, Otho attempts a spell.

Casting Produce Flame (Components are V and S, so he can try even without a divine focus.) [roll0] vs. DC 16 (15 for Entangled, +1 for first level spell). If successful, he'll burn himself and his allies free of the webs (Sven, then Nesil).

Edit: No luck. If he's got traces of mistletoe left on him, he'll try again with Flame Blade (concentration DC17).

Midboss
2009-01-07, 06:23 AM
"Ok, talk about a unwelcome coincidences. So much for that, lets go back and fetch the others. Maybe they were more productive than us. Or more probably they are already in trouble."

Gardakan
2009-01-07, 07:43 AM
Otho just try to cast his spell but i don't do it well. The men just say :

''Try to escape yourself and you'll be in trouble. More than you even know.''

He laugh and left the the room.

@Janis and Almaz... you walk back to the home... you arrive in front on the door close.

(For the time you are currently in the same time...)

Maurkov
2009-01-07, 11:41 AM
Otho

Otho watches the man leave, and says to Nesil, "I haven't got much motivation to behave when he already said they're going to kill us either way. If we could stall until I can shapeshift again.... Rats."

Otho stands a little straighter in his bindings. "That's it! Rats!"

Otho invokes his gnomish heritage to speak with burrowing mammals. (rat-speech) "Guys? Hey! Rat buddies. A little help in here."

Johel
2009-01-07, 03:00 PM
((OOC : I had a sword ? I didn't know that :smallsmile: You mean "axe", right ?))

Sven was a bit slow on that one, the mind probably still clouded by the drug.
He staid mute until the man departed.
Then, suddenly, he had a genius moment :
"-Eh !! You !! That's my axe !! Give it back !! Come untie me and give it back or I swear you gonna regret it, you slug !! Who's the thief, here, hey ?!! Why can't an honest man just drink his stuff and...Oh, go to hell !!

As the door shut, he turned to Otho :
"-What are you muttering again ? Stop squeaking like that and work on something to untie us. I can't wait to break the neck of this one. Nesil, any idea ?"

Demons_eye
2009-01-07, 05:19 PM
"Well if the dark dont take the 9 gods" I try to oopen the door if that dosent work I knock on it.

Gardakan
2009-01-07, 08:20 PM
@Almaz and Janis

The women just shout :

''Go away... i don't want your company...''

@Nesil, Otho and Sven...

I mean axe(sorry...). Otho talk to speak with rats... maybe he's just crazy at the eyes of Otho... but mouse, rats and other kind of mouse came to Otho and begin to bite the rope. After few minutes Otho is free and can move...

Maurkov
2009-01-07, 10:25 PM
Otho

(rat speech) "Thanks, guys. Lay low, and tomorrow I'll steal the cat, just like I promised."

Otho quickly frees the other two. "Until I get some mistletoe, all I can do is... some really minor illusions. I say we wait here until that guy comes back, and then Sven can strangle him with the rope."

Johel
2009-01-08, 12:30 PM
"-Gotcha !!"
Sven tested the rope between his hands. Then he looked around, hoping to find something which could be used as a club.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-08, 01:47 PM
"They took my bag of ingredients, but I have spells that don't require any" Nesil says to the others "But I have a plan" "If you're okay with getting back in the bindings Sven." "Otho could take some inconspicious form to hide in" Nesil continues "I can find my spell bag and other equipment in the form of a thief" (Something like the people in the tavern with disguise self) "With that I can make Sven become invisible and Otho can flee in animal form." "I think we'll be far before they suspect anything" "If someone comes in here and wonders what happened pretend to raise in to consciousness and squeal about how we freed ourselves and knocked you out" "How's that sound" Nesil finishes

Maurkov
2009-01-08, 02:22 PM
Otho

"I can't take animal form again until tomorrow. I think we need to plan to fight, but sneak if we can. Finding our gear would make me happy, but I don't know if it's nearby. We could ask the human before we kill him."

Demons_eye
2009-01-08, 06:14 PM
I knock again till some one come out and ask if they have seen are friends.

(occ: Me and almaz are at the bar right? We are not still at almazs home right?)

Gardakan
2009-01-08, 06:29 PM
@ Sven, Nesil and Otho...

There is three chairs in that room. Nesil explain his plan and do all he wants. Nothing could be use as a club except the chairs(Sven add some experience in chair profinency. Only a few second after Sven take a chair you hear a voice in the corridor in the other side of the door. Someone approache.

(You have one full round to prepare yourself and to cast your spells. Otho do not sleep enough to get his animal transformation for a new day. Just to firuge it out... the room is a piece of 3 meters by 3 meters. So you have 4 cases. The case A and B are near the door and the C and D are the most far from the door. When they enter yo had a surprise round. So roll your dice here in spoiler with your action.)

@ Almaz and Janis...

The door of the bar open. Someone old-aged with grey pilosity talk to you.

''We are close for the day. Pass tomorrow...''

He close the door...

Maurkov
2009-01-08, 07:16 PM
Otho Init 10 AC19 (touch 13 flat footed 16) HP 47/47

Otho hears the sound in the hallway and bares his teeth.

As the door opens, Otho moves. Careful not to block Sven's assault, he makes a nuisance of himself by grabbing at our captor's knees.

[roll0]

Sven can pick A or B. Otho takes the other.

Using the [roll1] action (against AC 10) to give Sven +2 to hit.

I assume Otho's shield is missing. If he has it, add 3 to regular AC and to flat footed AC.

Hmm. About Max, I don't understand this part:

Max, Otho's dog, isn't here. Max you can sense him in the room... but not exactly where.

Is Max in the room? Can Otho hear him nearby?

Johel
2009-01-09, 03:16 PM
Sven step right in front of the door, giving it just enough space to open. Gripping the chair, he waited until the sound of voices reasonated from the outside. When the door opened, the barbarian shooted a warcry when swinging the chair like a experienced barfighter.

"-The toothfairy's there !! Anything for me ?!!"

Rage : +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Will save, -2 AC.
For 6 rounds.

[roll0]
1d20+5(Level)+6(strength)+2(help)
[roll1]
1d6+(Strength x 1,5)

Gardakan
2009-01-09, 07:03 PM
The chair just knock off the guard. He was kill by the shot apparently... Nobody's seeming to be in the corridor. You can go at your left or your right... there are doors of both way..

Maurkov
2009-01-09, 07:34 PM
Otho

While Sven drags the body in to the room, Otho casts prestidigitation and uses it to clean up any spilled blood.

Assuming the chair broke, Otho will take a piece to use as a club. He will help Nesil search the body for anything useful.

Gardakan
2009-01-09, 11:03 PM
The guy had the axe of Sven, 12 gold piece and a key. The chair broke into two pieces of wood. One small club and one normal club.

Maurkov
2009-01-09, 11:58 PM
Otho

Otho takes 4 coins.

"We should go," he says, but hesitates at the door. He looks left and right and he listens.

hide +3, spot +9, listen +5. Any sign of Max? I don't think Otho can track indoors, but if it might help, survival +13

Frog Dragon
2009-01-10, 06:58 AM
Nesil

"Okay I have a better idea." "I can use a spell to look like that guard and pretend to be transfering you two" "The spell only works on the caster" "If they wonder why I'll say there's a weakened wall which you could easily punch through given a little strenght" Nesil suggests "We can get our stuff and high tail it out."

Johel
2009-01-10, 09:08 AM
Still breathing hard because of the adrenaline rush, Sven looked down at the guard. This one was not going to cause problems anymore. But more interesting was the weapon at his side.
"-Mimine !! Here you are !! Daddy'll never leave you again, I swear !!

He needed another few seconds to focus on the group's situation and catch his breath but soon, a axe in one hand, the foot of the guard in the other, he dragged the body at the bottom of the room.
"-I like your plan, buddy. I said to Almaz we wouldn't screw it, after all. But I'm not letting them have Mimine back. You'll have to carry it. Can you also conceal it ?"

The barbarian handed the finely crafted axe to the rogue, hesitating when his eyes felt upon the weapon's head, where silver had been sculpted to look like a large wolf mouth from which the blade went out. He finally let Nesil take it. The rogue found that the weapon, while not lighter than a normal battleaxe, was somewhat better balanced. A true masterwork.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-10, 12:04 PM
Nesil swings the axe a few times "This is of good make though I prefer rapiers." then he chops the head off the guard Sven knocked. "Sorry for the mess, but if we are to get out of here we must avoid attention" He says "If someone comes checking and sees an identifiable body of the guy I'm impersonating then there's a good chance our cover is blown that much faster" He takes a look at the severed head and casts disguise self mimicing it's appearance. "Ready?" Nesil says now looking perfectly like the guy who's head he just chopped off. "Sorry I would cast It on one of you, but I don't have the requisite spells" He says as he binds the others hands behind their back in a purposefully lousy manner. "Those should be easy to get out of and they're there only for sights." "Lets go" He says as he finally sweeps the axe clean of blood in the clothes of the decapitated Guild member.

Midboss
2009-01-10, 12:07 PM
"Great, where do you think the others are now ?"

Do we hear any combat inside ?

Demons_eye
2009-01-10, 01:57 PM
"Knowing them? They destroyed the place and got kicked out" I try to knock one last time and if they answer I ask. "Sorry but have you seen our friends?

Gardakan
2009-01-10, 04:17 PM
@Almaz and Janis. You was from a window, Nesil that cast a spell. But he don't see you often... and he leave...

@Nesil, Sven and Otho...

Otho didn't find Max. I can't hear him, sense him and detect him. Nesil just cast his spell and disguise himself in the guard. Otho clean the ground with his spell and Sven carry the body at the back of the room to hide him.

Nesil take the axe and walk trhough he corridor with Sven and Otho in front of him.

(Tell me what door you choose...)

Johel
2009-01-10, 07:47 PM
((...So, there are windows ? If necessary, we gonna get out of here more easily than I though :smallsmile:))

Sven was worried. He felt a little tired but couldn't tell if it was his outburst during the (short) fight or the drug still kicking his brain. Even if Nesil's disguise was impressive, the barbarian hoped that nobody found them. Even if Nesil hadn't tied them up, they were disarmed. Well...most of them, at least.
"-You think they'll give us our stuff back if we hit hard enough ? Usually, we are drugged AFTER causing trouble but here, they've earned what's coming, no ?"

Maurkov
2009-01-11, 01:14 AM
Otho

Otho sadly leaves the club behind and pretends to bind his wrists. "What's coming to them? I going to cast Spike Growth in front of this place every day for a month."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-11, 04:29 AM
"Our stuff is likely deep in the guild" Nesil whispers "I we wan't them back we should go there."

Gardakan
2009-01-11, 10:41 AM
(So decide wich door you choose 1 is at your right... 2 on the other side.)

On the door to your right there are noise coming in the room. The door at your left seems to be locked because there are two lockets.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-12, 09:00 AM
I shove the axe blade's tip into the lock of the right door and twist hoping to crank the lock.

Maurkov
2009-01-12, 11:23 AM
Otho

"Nesil, try the key (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5616457&postcount=98)."

Frog Dragon
2009-01-12, 12:23 PM
"Oh yeah, that" I take the axe out and try to open it with the key. If that fails I shove the axe back in.

Johel
2009-01-12, 12:56 PM
Seeing Nesil use his axe like a mere lock pick, Sven shouted.
"-Hé !! Be careful with Mimine !! She's a delicate flower and you DON'T want to break her, trust me..."

He hadn't notice the key on the guard's body, all that had mattered for him was his axe. So, he didn't taunt the rogue when Otho reminded him about the most elementary way to open a door.

Gardakan
2009-01-12, 10:21 PM
The door just open on a reserve of object. They are all your stuff, including Max in a big cage. He's sleeping currently. As the door open, he woke up and begin to be happy to see Otho.

The door on the other side just open and two guys cry...

''The prisoners are trying to.... Mark... what are you doing here...''

The one who just open the door... did not recognize Nesil as Mark...

Maurkov
2009-01-13, 12:49 AM
Otho

While Nesil keeps him talking, Otho looks around for his pack and visually inspects the cage. The former might still contain his components. Is the latter locked, or just latched?

Johel
2009-01-13, 01:14 PM
Sven reacted quickly. Both his hands were hidden behind his back. He then spoke with an annoyed voice :
"-So, what now ? I've already told your boss I'll give him the...thing only if my friend can take his medicine. Otho, you found it ? The weaklings are getting nervous, here !!"
He then laughed.
"-They are only three, after all, and my feet are free... Be careful, guys, I could grab your swords between my legs and shove it up your ass !!"

[roll0]
Do I get a bonus because not believing me would make them look like idiots and cowards ? My hands are tied, after all.

Gardakan
2009-01-13, 09:42 PM
The guy who ask you just say :

''Ok... so do what have to do...''

He took his bow and fire an arrow on Sven in like half a second.

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

His frien imitate him in 2 seconds.

''Surrender!!! Or die... in name of the high thief...''

(Sven without your shield your AC is at 16... so the two arrows pierce your armor and flesh... retrive 29 hit points from your total...)

Sven had one arrow in the chest and one in the right lef before he could realize what was happening.
(Sven take your axe is a movement action... like to take anything in the room you have open...).

The corridor is long of 12 meters by 3 meters. Nesil and Otho are localized at the right side on the two case near the closet.

Initiative check :

2 rogues [roll]1d20+7
Sven 1d20+5
Nesil 1d20+3
Otho 1d20+2

Frog Dragon
2009-01-14, 04:27 PM
Nesil [roll]d20+3[roll/] you failed to roll Initiative apparently:smallwink: (Btw my character has Sven's axe right now)
I pass the "Mimine" on to Sven. Then
I grab the nearest thug by the middle of his bow. Turn it sidways and pull my hands outward, hitting the thug and trying to force him to release the bow.
(Disarm[roll0])

Gardakan
2009-01-14, 07:21 PM
(I roll myself for that initiative... Nesil, Sven, Rogues, Otho...)

Maurkov
2009-01-14, 07:28 PM
That needs to be [/roll].

Otho

Otho lets the rope fall from his hands. He scoops up a scroll and reads.

Otho casts Obscuring Mist from scroll. While concealment is going to make it very hard to locate the rogues, it also prevents them from making effective ranged attacks or sneak attacks of any kind.

Gardakan
2009-01-14, 09:08 PM
(New initiative...)

2 rogues [roll0]
Sven [roll1]
Nesil [roll2]
Otho [roll3]

The 2 rogues see you just getting your things. They get out and close the door. You hear voice cried of something like ''Help...''...

(You can act you two for 2 rounds. Grabbing all your stuff take 12 seconds(2 rounds...).)

@Almaz & Janis

You see the door opening and a boy say...

''Are you coming, we have finish to wash the floor....''

Maurkov
2009-01-14, 10:07 PM
Otho

"We have to go before the enchanter comes back," says Otho, grabbing his things. Then he lets out Max and climbs on.

Johel
2009-01-15, 01:54 PM
((OOC : Wait, so do I still get shot ?))
"-Hurf !!"

Sven let out a grunt of pain and step back. He didn't expected this. Since when did prisoners get shot when they were still tied ?
His hands no completely free from the lose knot, he took Mimine and charged, his wounds still hurting but the barbarian had seen worse...

The door closed just in front of him.
"-By the gods !! Yeah, Otho's right, let's grab the stuff and get the hell out of here...whenever "here" is. And...mmh...let's keep this between us for now. Almaz's going to be disappointed if he hears about this."

((EDIT : I go grab my stuff as soon as they close the door. If reinforcement burst in, I charge. Concider I'm going berserk if they are at least three.))

Gardakan
2009-01-15, 07:09 PM
In a hurry you grab all your stuff. Nothing happen. You have the choice to came back in the room and get out by the window or to find your way by the door the rogues step back.

Maurkov
2009-01-15, 10:10 PM
Otho

"Sven, I'm hard to hit. I'll go first. Do you need healing before we go?"

<If so, Otho will use a few charges from the Wand of Cure Light Wounds>

Otho casts Barkskin on himself, sharing it with Max, Bull's Strength on Sven, and then Flame Blade.

On full defense, he'll push the door open and advance.

Cures from the wand are 1d8+1.

Otho's augmented AC is 28 (+6 Armor +3 Shield +2 Dex +1 Size +2 Natural +4 Dodge)
Max's AC is 25 (+4 Armor +3 Dex +8 natural), but if Otho sees it coming, he'll use Mounted Combat to try to make it better (Ride +12).
Otho's Spot is only +9 unless he remembered to get his eye lenses back from Almaz.

Gardakan
2009-01-16, 07:49 AM
Max push the door and open it. Another corrider in front of you, a ladder on your right and a door on your left.

[roll0]Otho spot [roll1] Otho reflex [roll2] damage

Gardakan
2009-01-16, 07:52 AM
Max push the door and open it. Another corrider in front of you, a ladder on your right and a door on your left.

[roll0]Otho spot [roll1] Otho reflex [roll2] damage

Otho just saw the little piece of wood in the middle of the floor. He avoid it and pass on the other side of the silk thread.

(I wait for your two posts the others... Janis... Almaz go go go...)

Frog Dragon
2009-01-16, 02:14 PM
I follow after picking up my stuff (tell me if I'm missing any stuff right now)
I look at Otho an say "Wow these guys chuck a lot of crap on their floors. Wonder why no-one's left because of the dangerous work site."

Midboss
2009-01-16, 04:14 PM
"Err, are our friends still there ? Three weirdoes... One big tough guy, one gnome and his dog and a sneaky mage guy... ?"

Johel
2009-01-16, 06:57 PM
Answering to Otho :
"-Bah !! Just a scratch...Ggggnnnnnnn"

With a moan, the barbarian get the arrows out of his body then followed the druid, axe ready to chop heads if their owners weren't wise enough to run away. His bag of holding and his bagpack ready, he walked past the door. Revenge was not to be delayed...

As the magic of the druid was cast, Sven felt...good. Like when he let himself sunk into this sweet frenzy before battles. Feeling stronger than ever now that he had his "fix", he was ready to attack whoever would try to attack his "dealer".

I follow Otho and Nesil. I'm confident in their ability to find traps and the like so I'm not really watchful, more the overconfident kind ready to charge. After all, the thieves shot me and got away with it !!

Maurkov
2009-01-16, 07:55 PM
Otho

Otho points out the trap and guides Max around it. He chooses the corridor, alert for more suprises.

Gardakan
2009-01-16, 09:35 PM
@Almaz and Janis...

''I don't know of those weirdoes...

As he just say that... he close the door. You could hear some noise from the upstairs.

@Nesil, Otho and Sven...

(I need to know wich way you choose... make new posts...)

Maurkov
2009-01-16, 09:50 PM
((I misunderstood. Otho chooses the door.))

Johel
2009-01-17, 06:09 AM
((Sven follows))

Gardakan
2009-01-17, 12:13 PM
As Otho try to open the door, somethin magic try to enter in your head. Otho and Nesil are enough stronger to resist but Sven fell on the floor like a sac of potatoes. Sven is paralyzed by something of strange. He can't move, talk or watch. He's just breathing by the death. 6 rogues with crossbows, bows and rapier are waiting for you with a sarcastic smile.

Will save Otho Nesil [roll1] Sven [roll2]

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5514/quadrilldebatailleya9.png

[roll]1d20+5Sven Otho1d20+2 Nesil 1d20+3Rogues 1d20+7

Gardakan
2009-01-17, 12:40 PM
Initiative

[roll0]Sven Otho[roll1] Nesil [roll2]Rogues [roll3]

Sven and Nesil
Rogues
Otho...

act...

Frog Dragon
2009-01-17, 01:11 PM
"We don't stand a chance in fair fight, but the fight need not be fair" I throw a smokestick in the middle of the room.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-17, 01:13 PM
attack roll (if needed) [roll0] (Not sure about what penalties or bonuses I should apply so just a plain old roll.)

Maurkov
2009-01-17, 02:16 PM
((Better to put the smoke in the hallway. Concealment means they can't get sneak damage. If you put the smoke in there, they can use it to hide, and get extra sneak attacks on us.))

Otho

"We're leaving. If you'll stand aside, fine. If we have to climb over a pile of your corpses, that's fine too."

"Now how do we wake him up?"

((I'll post an action after the rogues move so I can see their new positions.))

Gardakan
2009-01-17, 04:54 PM
The rogues just look at your stick that you throw in the middle of the room.

''You know you need to light up the stick...'' , one of the rogue says in a sarcasm.

Otho had not time to react that he saw three bolts hit his body. (46 damage...). The others just miss the dog and Otho. They all start to recharge and put some poison for the next shot...

[roll0][roll1] [roll2][roll3] [roll4][roll5] [roll6][roll7] [roll8][roll9] [roll10][roll11]

Maurkov
2009-01-17, 06:00 PM
Otho

"Bad choice," says Otho, and he closes the door. He uses his club to brace the handle against the frame. He sets fire to the base of the door with his flame blade.

While they think about that, Otho draws his wand and applies a few cures.

Gardakan
2009-01-17, 07:03 PM
((Does that include Otho's barkskin?))
(Yes... our AC is supposed to be 24 minus 2 for your exterity bonus you lose... edit your last post and i will edit mine)

Johel
2009-01-18, 11:59 AM
((...If there is anything to do to get up, please tell me. Also, guys, if you plan to light a fire, DON'T FORGET MY BODY IS SOMEWHERE ON THE GROUND.))

Frog Dragon
2009-01-18, 01:43 PM
((Expletive! I forgot that I have to light it. But smoke in there might actually be good. It's miss chance at range while I can sneak attack with impunity. Also concealment disallows sneak attack at range while leaving it free for melee sneaks and the rogues have crossbows))

Gardakan
2009-01-20, 07:53 PM
*We consider that Nesil light up the smokestick...*

The smoke cover the entire piece and the rogues begin to shout some insult.

''Bastard... come here and i'll get your skin...''

You hear some rogues try to walk and no one throw something to you...

(Otho act and you don't have any damage...)

Maurkov
2009-01-21, 12:00 PM
Otho

"Thanks. Try to wake Sven. I'll hold them off."

Otho readies an action to attack any rogues that come into his range, and command Max to do the same.

[roll0][roll1] [roll2]
[roll3][roll4] [roll5] [roll6]

Frog Dragon
2009-01-22, 09:40 AM
"Come on you big oaf, wake up! I cast rouse on Sven

Johel
2009-01-26, 05:27 PM
As a sleep spell wouldn't have work on 5HD character, I don't suppose I'm about to wake up...

Maurkov
2009-01-26, 06:13 PM
You're probably right. It could be Deep Slumber, but more likely it's a paralysis effect. I don't think we'd know that, though, without taking a the time to check him over.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-27, 11:31 AM
I can't Dispel Magic or Break Enchantment. Rouse is pretty much my best bet here. I can't really do anything else even if I suspect its actually paralyzation.