Immune disease, poision; Resist 10
Saving Throws +2
Action Points 1
Speed 5
(!) Slam (standard; at-will)
+8 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage and target is pushed 2 squares
! Smash (standard; at-will)
+8 vs AC; 1d10+ 4 and target is knocked prone
-> Debris Toss (full-round; encounter, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; +6 vs AC; 3d10+4 and target is knocked prone
Tank's Fury
When the Tank is first bloodied in an encounter, he regains one use of the Debris Toss power
Alignment Unaligned Languages-
Str 20 Dex 14 Wis 6
Con 16 Int 4 Cha 4

Tank Tactics
The Tank will generally open a fight by targetting the nearest enemy with Debris Toss, then moving in, scattering Enemies with Slam and then continuing to hammer them with Smashes until they stop fighting back

---

Hunter Infected Level 5 Skirmisher
"Careful, people...I hear a Hunter..."- Bill
Medium natural animate (undead) xp 200
Initiative +3 Senses Darkvision, Perception +1
HP 60; Bloodied 30
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Immune disease, poison
Speed 8, climb 8
(!) Claw (standard; at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d10+4 damage
! Pounce (standard; at-will)
The Hunter moves up to 8 squares and makes a claw attack. If the
attack hits, the target is knocked prone
! Rend (standard; at-will)
Only against prone targets; The hunter makes two claw attacks. If both
hit, the target is immobilized (save ends).
Skills Stealth +12, Athletics +14 Acrobatics +12
Alignment Unaligned Languages
Str 18 Dex 15 Wis 12
Con 12 Int 6 Cha 6

Hunter Tactics
Hunters prowl and circle around targets, picking out the one that looks the easiest to take down with Pounce or has isolated itself before knocking them down and using Rend with abandon. If spotted from outside pounce range,
Hunters will flee and try to attack from an unseen angle.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/GildedKrayt/smokerpic.png
"Smoker got Zoey!"- Francis
Smoker Infected, Level 5 Lurker
Medium natural animate (undead) xp 200
Initiative +5 Senses Darkvision, Perception +2
HP 46; Bloodied 23
AC 19 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 15
Immune disease, poison
Speed 5
(!) Claw (standard; at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d10+4 Damage
(!) Tongue Snatch (full-round; at-will)
Reach 8; +12 vs AC; The target is grabbed (until escape) and is pulled 3 squares. A target trying to escape the grab takes a -4 penalty to the check
Sustain minor: Target is pulled 2 squares.
-> Constrict (minor; encounter recharge on 4,5,6)
Grabbed target only; +8 vs Fortitude; 3d8+4
# Noxious Cloud (When reduced to 0HP or less)
Burst 3 centered on Smoker; +8 vs Fortitude; Target becomes Weakened and Dazed (Save ends both). In addition, the area of the burst is considered Heavily obscured for 3 rounds and Lightly obscured for 2 rounds after that.
Alignment Unaligned Languages-
Skills +14 Stealth
Str 14 Dex 18 Wis 10
Con 10 Int 6 Cha 4

Smoker Tactics
Smokers skulk in the shadows, using altitude and cover to their advantage. They wait for enemies to be
suitably distracted before attacking with Tongue snatch and pulling the
target away to either Claw or Constrict to death

--

This is my first attempt at homebrewing monsters, inspired by the game Left 4 Dead and my new 4e MM.

EDIT1: Re-did the Smoker a bit, lowering his range on Tongue Snatch, Re-doing the Noxious Cloud power, and added immunities to disease and poison to it and the Hunter.

EDIT2: Added quotes, for fun

Starsinger
2009-01-02, 10:04 AM
Bravo! I'd never want to fight one of your Tanks, my characters don't have auto-shotguns. :smalltongue: I like these, they have the tactics and feel of the zombies from L4D. A proud addition to any necromancery's army I'm sure.

Shadow_Elf
2009-01-02, 10:22 AM
I haven't played this game, but is it correct to assume that the Smoker Infected does not have a 50' tongue? Apart from the fact that there is nothing with Reach 10 (it only goes up to 4) and that there are no longer full-round actions in 4e, these are very well done.

Starsinger
2009-01-02, 11:53 AM
I haven't played this game, but is it correct to assume that the Smoker Infected does not have a 50' tongue? Apart from the fact that there is nothing with Reach 10 (it only goes up to 4) and that there are no longer full-round actions in 4e, these are very well done.

Smokers do have exceptionally long tongues, not sure about 50 feet. However, I think the effect he was going for with reach 10 was bow range, but it's not seperate from the Smoker's body like a projectile attack.

String
2009-01-02, 02:54 PM
I'm a notoriously bad judge of distance, but I do know that I have been surprised with the length of the Smoker's reach. I will probably scale it back. I have also realized that I forgot to put Immunities on the Hunter and Smoker. Thanks for all the feedback.I'm working on the Boomer and Witch now, but they are proving problematic to model.

There are no longer full-round actions? So the longest it can take is a Standard? Hm. Interesting.

watsyurname529
2009-01-02, 03:28 PM
In the actual game Left 4 Dead, Smokers have at least a 100 foot tongue and I think the max is 200ft.

As for the Boomer it needs to have little health compared to the hunter/smoker, at least half. And the main attack at medium range is the Boomer Bile, which should summon a bunch of Infected. When he blows up, anyone with in 1-2 squares gets a Reflex save or gets covered.

String
2009-01-02, 04:16 PM
I'm having trouble picking role for the bOomer, and all similar mechanics (summoning allies) seem to belong to really high-level Controllers or Solo's (Pit Fiend, Berbalang)

So I don't know how to balance it.

But I'm gonna try to write up the common Infected and Boomer today.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-01-02, 04:20 PM
Well, instead of summoning them, what if it allowed all Infected within a certain area to Shift closer to the target of the attack? That accomplishes the same thing without the summoning aspect...just make it a big range.

String
2009-01-02, 04:52 PM
Do you think letting the Infected shift their speed toward the slimed target would be too much?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-01-02, 05:01 PM
Well, not for an encounter power. For an at-will though, I'd say no more than 1 square. Maybe an encounter power with a recharge of 6...just enough to get the effect, and then keep everyone at melee range.

Something like that. :smallbiggrin:

String
2009-01-02, 06:05 PM
"No zombie is safe from Chicago Ted!" - Chicago Ted?
Common Infected Level 5 MinionMedium natural animate (undead) xp 50
Initiative +2 Senses Darkvision, Perception +1
HP 1, a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15 Fortitude 15 Reflex 10 Will 8
Speed 5
Immune disease poison

(!)Claw (standard; at-will)
+8 vs AC; 8 damage

Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 16 Dex 15 Wis 12
Con 10 Int 4 Cha 6

Infected Tactics
Run towards anything that isn't an Infected. Hit it. A lot. If it makes noise and lights, then thats even better.
---

Common Infected. Essentially the Zombie Rotter pumped up a bit

Baxter190
2009-01-02, 06:46 PM
This is pretty cool. How about you make witches lvl 7 solo's. They could have a -5 stealth check too cover the whole crying thing, and make sure they don't attack off the start. Also, are you going to be covering the characters?

String
2009-01-02, 06:59 PM
I wasn't planning on statting the survivors, if only because they are completely statisically identical, and also not your standard Sword and Sorcery characters. If I were to do fantasy versions of them, they'd all end up being Archer Rangers or something...

The Witch is coming along. I'm scouring my MM for ideas.

Moose Fisher
2009-01-03, 12:37 AM
I suggest making Common Infected level 4 minions, maybe a lower level than that.

That way you can chuck a lot of them at the players to simulate the Horde.

watsyurname529
2009-01-03, 11:46 AM
Well the Boomer Bile in the game causes a bunch of infected to just swarm and attack that one target. So to avoid summoning more of them, even if that is what it does, just have all the Infected in a large area shift their speed toward the target and can only attack the target like what other people said. This would be an encounter power with a slowish recharge.

Then when they kill it, all targets in melee range get slimed and those 10ft (2 squares?) get a reflex to avoid the bile.

Maybe for another minor thing, you could have Infected be attracted to the Boomer so they already start following it even if it hasn't exploded or vomited.

Don't forget to have the bile screw up the vision/aim of the person who was vomited on.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-03, 11:56 AM
Pills

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/376/grabbinpeelsxv5.png

'Grabbin' peels.'

Item, 50 gp
Use as a minor action.
You may take an extra second wind this encounter.

Sorry, I don't know how one would formulate it in 4e.

Starsinger
2009-01-03, 12:18 PM
Pills

'Grabbin' peels.'

Item, 50 gp
Use as a minor action.
You may take an extra second wind this encounter.

Sorry, I don't know how one would formulate it in 4e.

I'd go with temporary HP equal to your healing surge value.

String
2009-01-06, 01:53 AM
Inspired by the pills...

Ranged Weapons
Simple Ranged Weapons
One-Handed
{table]Weapon|Prof.|Damage|Range|Price|Group|Properties
Pistol|+2|1d10|12/20|50gp|Firearm|Magazine(15),Offhand, Load Move, Small[/table]
Two-Handed
{table]Submachine Pistol|+1|2d6|8/16|65gp|Firearm|Magazine(20), Load Move,
[/table]
Military Ranged Weapons
Two-Handed
{table]Shotgun|+1|2d8|5/10|50gp|Firearm|Load Standard, High Crit
Automatic Rifle|+3|2d10|10/20|80gp|Firearm|Load Move, Magazine(30)[/table]
Superior Ranged Weapons
Two-Handed
{table]Automatic Shotgun|+2|2d8|5/10|80gp|Firearm|Load Move, Magazine(10), High Crit
Hunting Rifle|+3|2d12|15/30|65gp|Firearm|Load Standard, Magazine (15), High Crit[/table]

New Weapon Group
Firearm: A firearm is a ranged weapon, and can be used with any power that requires a ranged weapon, but not one that specifies a particular weapon.

New Weapon Properties:

Magazine: This weapon has an internal or external magazine for holding ammunition. As such, the weapon can fire more often before needing to reload. The number of shots a weapon can fire before needing to reload is included in parentheses after the property (ie. a weapon with the Magazine (8) property could fire 8 shots before needing to reload)

That's it for now.