PDA

View Full Version : Second Ed Exalted Character Creator?

lisiecki
2009-01-02, 09:19 AM
Hello all

I'm going to start in a new Exalted game this weekend.
The ST is throwing XP at us left and right.
For some reasion when ever im given XP at character creation, I find my self baffled and confused :((
Dose any one know a good Exalted Character creation program
or an excel sheet?

Thanks

Pete

Talya
2009-01-02, 09:27 AM
Anathema (http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=122320&filesize=4921856&filename=anathema_outcaste_r3.exe&31529789) is nice, if you get enough plugins to fill in its missing charm trees, and you're playing a solar.

EdExalted (http://www.edexalted.com/) is more customizable, but limited to essence-5 and a pain in the ass to use.

lisiecki
2009-01-02, 11:02 AM
Anathema (http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=122320&filesize=4921856&filename=anathema_outcaste_r3.exe&31529789) is nice, if you get enough plugins to fill in its missing charm trees, and you're playing a solar.

Wow that looks very nice.
The game is for Abyssal's but from what I can recall (and going back through the books seems to confirm ) there's ENOUGH crossover that it should work, at least in a general sence.

Ive been keeping up with 2nd Ed, but only reading the books, not playing

EdExalted (http://www.edexalted.com/) is more customizable, but limited to essence-5 and a pain in the ass to use.
[/QUOTE]

I down loaded it and applied for a the serial number, but since you know more than i on this topic, im not holding my breath.

Hey as long as Im asking about these things the XP the GM has listed is
Attributes (80/52/40)
Abilities 83(at least 3 each in favored)
Charms 90(at least 40 in favored)
Virtues 21
120 Discretionary

Is that common for exalted games?
I plan to stop by and ask her tonight, but i want to make sure that theres some logic behind it

Talya
2009-01-02, 11:17 AM
There is a downloadable plugin to enable 2e Lunars, Sidereals, Abyssals and dragonbloods in Anathema Outcaste, but I've never gotten it to work.

Jerthanis
2009-01-03, 03:47 AM
Hey as long as Im asking about these things the XP the GM has listed is
Attributes (80/52/40)
Abilities 83(at least 3 each in favored)
Charms 90(at least 40 in favored)
Virtues 21
120 Discretionary

Is that common for exalted games?

Whoa, I misread this at first as

"We have 80 dots to put into primary abilities, 52 into secondary..." and so on. That gives numbers that... well, let's just say you might as well play a Dragonball Z RPG with how high those numbers are.

Anyway, reading it without that misunderstanding... That totals to 486 total experience points. I've heard of people playing games starting with 200 experience points, so I wouldn't expect 486 to be out of the realm of possibility. However, the way you seem to be forced to allocate points is really bizarre if you ask me. I'm certain you can't actually use up 80 experience points on your primary three attributes at less than essence 6. The most efficient way to spend xp on attributes is to have 5/5/1, and to get up to 5/5/5 with exp is a mere 40 exp. Even the most inefficient method of splitting points; 4/4/3 only takes 60 to get up to 5/5/5, so... I have to conclude I still don't understand what you really are saying. Otherwise, you MUST buy at LEAST essence 6 at character creation, and your primary attributes will be 6/6/5

In terms of whether it's normal for Exalted... I don't think so... but playing characters that strong isn't inappropriate in Exalted. Personally, the most XP I'll start players with is 50, and that's because suggested annual automatic exp gains for a character is 10 per year for the first 100 years of exalted life, and the plot device that let abyssals exist, and 90% of Solars return happened 5 years before the canon timeline ends. Still, if that's the exp level your ST is giving, they must have reason for it, so I'd suggest just enjoying the prospect of actually putting together a real powerhouse with all sorts of awesome abilities.