PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! I just relised who Celia reminds me of.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-02, 01:57 PM
You ready. Okay. Celia is basically...

Nia from Gurren Lagann.

-Long white hair
-Thin build
-Acts dumb most of the time but has some moments of not utter stupidity
-Doesn't understand how humans live
-Assumes there's good in everyone
-In a relationship with the protagonist
-Can enter and exit our plane of existence

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-02, 03:41 PM
Not moe enough. Although she'd be pretty hot in that Evil Ninja outfit.

Tholok Razescar
2009-01-02, 05:23 PM
Oh, Christ. *craddles head in hand*

Morty
2009-01-02, 05:27 PM
Yet another proof that no matter what an author comes up with and what were his or her intentions, there will always be someone whom it'll remind of an anime.

Tholok Razescar
2009-01-02, 05:28 PM
Yet another proof that no matter what an author comes up with and what were his or her intentions, there will always be someone whom it'll remind of an anime.

I'd put that quote in my signature, but I don't hardly think I have enough space.

Siosilvar
2009-01-02, 05:37 PM
I'd put that quote in my signature, but I don't hardly think I have enough space.

You have plenty of space.

Learnedguy
2009-01-02, 06:00 PM
I liked Nia, she was a nice character. Nice mix of support, strength and naiveté.

Anyway, with that said, I don't think Celia reminds me of Nia at all.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-02, 06:08 PM
Oh, Christ. *craddles head in hand*

This had me LOLing.:smallbiggrin:

That's not true, but then again, Roy is kind of like Inuyasha:

-big sword that was shattered but got repaired and now is super awesome
-dead father
-one of his allies is a chick with a bow
-antagonist who once was human but using foul magic became an unholy creature of great power
-macguffin that is separated in different parts around the land that will grant one person insane power

Also, another similarity between Celia and Nia:

They both have a red headed female friend with a powerful ranged weapon.

Traker
2009-01-02, 06:52 PM

you have enough

Euron
2009-01-03, 12:09 AM
hai guise u wont beliv what i just found!!!!!!!!

roy is like goku!! you know from dargonball!!! eh kills skeletons and doesnt afraid of anything!!!!!

Yeah. A few braincells just died.

Boaromir
2009-01-03, 12:12 AM
eh kills skeletons and doesnt afraid of anything!!!!!

Ok, yeah, I laughed.

Celia doesn't really remind me of anyone to be honest.

Fitzclowningham
2009-01-03, 12:56 AM
Manga, eh? So what is MiTD?

And, no, 7-foot Godzilla/Godzuki/etc. doesn't qualify.

Optimystik
2009-01-03, 03:32 AM
"No!" Roy shouted, "I must kill the liches!"
The sending said, "No Roy. You are the liches."
And then Roy was a dragon

dish
2009-01-03, 06:38 AM
Manga, eh? So what is MiTD?

And, no, 7-foot Godzilla/Godzuki/etc. doesn't qualify.

Someone, somewhere in one of the MiTD threads had that idea. And made it plausible. (Not the seven foot bit, though.)

Berserk Monk
2009-01-03, 04:10 PM
So earlier today I final saw the last couple episodes of Gurren Lagann. The ending kind of changed my impression of Nia. Throughout the series, I never liked her, and I really wanted her to die at some point, but the last couple of episodes changed my view of her. I do like the character, but she is the Celia of Gurren Lagann. Anyway, I hope want happened to Nia at the end of the series happens to Celia.

Jaysyn
2009-01-05, 04:50 PM
All I want to know is who cast the permanent Enlarge Person (Outsider?) spell on her & why.

David Argall
2009-01-05, 07:29 PM
All I want to know is who cast the permanent Enlarge Person (Outsider?) spell on her & why.

The same archmage who liked medium goblins. As to why, to save Roy from being charged with sex with a minor.

Vemynal
2009-01-05, 07:48 PM

Well...its kinda impossible not to I mean...when you start doing little boys with trans-galactic portals in their head, guitar wielding moped riding badass chicks with pink hair, pyromaniac pedophilic ex-gfs and a sentient robot she worships?

btw if you can name the anime/manga I just described you get a cookie^^

Berserk Monk
2009-01-05, 07:51 PM
Well...its kinda impossible not to I mean...when you start doing little boys with trans-galactic portals in their head, guitar wielding moped riding badass chicks with pink hair, pyromaniac pedophilic ex-gfs and a sentient robot she worships?

btw if you can name the anime/manga I just described you get a cookie^^

FLCL. I want my cookie.

Vemynal
2009-01-06, 03:49 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/Vemynal_photo/lol%20folder/cookie.jpg

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-06, 03:54 AM
Anyway, I hope want happened to Nia at the end of the series happens to Celia.Harsh, dude.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-06, 03:06 PM
First off, Vemynal, I don't care if you did eat my cookie. Make me a new one.

Second, Nerd-o-rama, if that is your real screen name, do you really want Celia to stay in this comic. I mean, I loved Celia when Rich decided to make her a full character and not just a monster in a dungeon, but at this point, she's too much of a bimbo. I could over look not knowing humans couldn't fire lightning out of their fingers. I could over look her insane passivism. But handing Roy's body over to Grubwiggler, you can't over look that. If Rich wants be to like this character again, she'd better go through some major character development...soon.

Prock
2009-01-06, 06:15 PM
The same archmage who liked medium goblins. As to why, to save Roy from being charged with sex with a minor.

-Adding to signature...-

NeonRonin
2009-01-07, 11:12 PM
Actually I can't say for sure who Celia reminds me of. Perhaps a female version of Rock from Black Lagoon? Both a little naive about the world they've been caught up in, predominantly pacifist, can get vicious if pushed beyond their breaking point, excellent strategist, utterly useless in combat?

Yep. Celia is Rock's long-lost twin sister with wings. :smalltongue:

Firewind
2009-01-11, 02:16 AM
This is who Celia really is:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Lisa_Simpson.png

Berserk Monk
2009-01-11, 02:35 AM
This is who Celia really is:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Lisa_Simpson.png

No. Lisa has a high int score. Celia can't tell the difference between a cleric willing to resurrect her boyfriend and someone about to turn him into a bone golem.

Morgan Wick
2009-01-11, 03:34 AM
Here's who Celia reminds me of: :elan:

Tholok Razescar
2009-01-11, 04:59 AM
You have plenty of space.

No. *prod* I. *prod* Don't.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-11, 05:28 AM
Second, Nerd-o-rama, if that is your real screen name, do you really want Celia to stay in this comic. I mean, I loved Celia when Rich decided to make her a full character and not just a monster in a dungeon, but at this point, she's too much of a bimbo. I could over look not knowing humans couldn't fire lightning out of their fingers. I could over look her insane passivism. But handing Roy's body over to Grubwiggler, you can't over look that. If Rich wants be to like this character again, she'd better go through some major character development...soon.I don't think "bimbo" means what you think it means.

Yes, I do want Celia to stay in this comic. Sure, she was an idiot and needlessly prolonged a subplot, but Rich seems intent on dragging that one out as long as humanly possible anyway, regardless of what circumstances he needs to invoke to do it. In general, she forms an interesting foil for the other characters in the comic; she is ignorant of and unwilling to submit to the expectations and ideals of a D&D campaign, unlike everyone else (hero and villain alike) that play to their genre's archetype without question. She is quite annoying about it, but I have faith that she'll eventually get the character development to realize where her "principles" are misguided, while still acting as an anchor in real-world sanity. Meanwhile, she's proven herself useful if still misguided. In short, I don't want her to die just because she's mildly irritating and naive. I want her to grow and develop as a character like everyone else, and I believe that Rich is a good enough writer to make that happen.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-11, 09:40 PM
I don't think "bimbo" means what you think it means.

Really, Celia isn't a bimbo? Name one semi-intelligent thing she's ever done. Hell, Elan's done more intelligent acts than her. Celia didn't even win that trial. It was rigged. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the giant gave Celia "fake" glasses to more closely resemble Sarah Palin.

"I can see the outer planes from my house."

Rotipher
2009-01-11, 09:47 PM
Nope, I'd say that clinches it: Berserk Monk, you don't know what "bimbo" means. At least, not the full definition ... which implies promiscuity and lack of brains.

Optimystik
2009-01-11, 09:55 PM
Nope, I'd say that clinches it: Berserk Monk, you don't know what "bimbo" means. At least, not the full definition ... which implies promiscuity and lack of brains.

She puts out on the first date... :smallwink:

zach12376
2009-01-11, 09:59 PM
Really, Celia isn't a bimbo? Name one semi-intelligent thing she's ever done. Hell, Elan's done more intelligent acts than her. Celia didn't even win that trial. It was rigged. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the giant gave Celia "fake" glasses to more closely resemble Sarah Palin.

I hate politics, but that was still so funny it took me like 5 trys to type this correctly because i was laughing too hard

Moff Chumley
2009-01-11, 10:20 PM
This thread is made of win...

tribble
2009-01-11, 11:17 PM

We do not discuss politics on this board. I should be getting a mod.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-12, 01:53 AM
We do not discuss politics on this board. I should be getting a mod.

I wasn't trying to bring up politics. I was trying to point out a character trait of someone famous. Sorry if I crossed a line. That was not my intent.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-01-12, 02:00 AM
She puts out on the first date... :smallwink:

So do Roy, Durkon, Elan, Samantha, and Hilgya. Applying the same standard, are they all bimboes and mansluts?

Berserk Monk
2009-01-12, 03:03 AM
So do Roy, Durkon, Elan, Samantha, and Hilgya. Applying the same standard, are they all bimboes and mansluts?

Now technically, not counting Roy, none of those instances were dates. Take that! That disproves your theory!

Raging Gene Ray
2009-01-12, 03:04 AM
Take that! That disproves your theory!

Sigh...what else is new?

Finwe
2009-01-12, 04:18 AM

No, men who have sex on the first date are 'players.' :smalltongue:

Ganurath
2009-01-12, 04:21 AM
Now technically, not counting Roy, none of those instances were dates. Take that! That disproves your theory!Actually, it just means that they started sprinting around the bases before the first date, which makes them even looser.