PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Storm

DrizztFan24
2009-01-02, 03:09 PM
So does anyone have any experience with the new touchscreen blackberry? I was thinking about getting one and I don't know if it worth the cash to buy the darn thing and then have it die due to massive bugs.

Mr. Mud
2009-01-02, 03:15 PM
Well from my limited expirence at the Verizon store, and reading up a bunch online, I've found the Storm to be extremely buggy, on the touch screen, and I'm not sure in there is a stylus or not. If you really want a touch screen phone, and have no problem with Alltel/ATT&T/Cingular or whatever, check my blog, and read the post "The Super phone, goes Bitsized... :smallwink:" But its not for verizon, as the Storm is. I'd suggest going with a Voyager Titanium for the touch screen-ness, unless you need to frequently Email... or have a buisness you need to keep in touch with 24/7. Either way read the blog :smallbiggrin:!

skywalker
2009-01-03, 03:38 AM
@^: I find it slightly annoying that you couldn't come out and say what your recommendation is...

I have a Storm, actually.

I find it to be less and less buggy with each software upgrade I download, and tho it can occasionally have a glitch, I think that happens with most accelerometer devices from time to time.

The rest of the phone isn't buggy at all.

Most touch screen phones these days don't actually have a stylus, and you certainly don't need one for the Storm. I think styluses are leftovers from the Palm era. (my friend has been a loyal palm customer for years, and has the new Centro. I don't think that's going to work out. Palm swung for the fences one last time with that "Santa went Centro" campaign, and if it doesn't go well, I think Palm is done. Their market share is miniscule)

The touch screen was completely intuitive for me, I had limited experience with the phone in the store, took it out of the box, and within 5 minutes I was able to work everything I needed to. By the end of the night, I was typing e-mails and text messages with aplomb.

Personally, I find being able to browse the web and check my e-mail from anywhere rather convenient.

One other thing to note, if you've never had a blackberry before, Verizon adds a $30 charge per month for the unlimited data plan which gets you unlimited internet access and e-mail.

Mr. Mud
2009-01-03, 12:17 PM
@^: I find it slightly annoying that you couldn't come out and say what your recommendation is...

I'd suggest going with a Voyager Titanium for the touch screen-ness, unless you need to frequently Email... or have a buisness you need to keep in touch with 24/7. :smallconfused:.

I did recommend something, just not the storm, or against the storm... and then I directed him to a link about touch screen phones..? What is wrong with that :smallconfused:?

KuReshtin
2009-01-03, 03:19 PM
A couple of my friends have Blackberries, although I'm not sure which model they have.
They think they're pretty awesome.

I just upgraded my phone for the fiirst time in about 5 years and I got the G1 Google phone. Actually, I just had it delivered this morning.
It's got the slide-open touch screen that reveals a proper QWERTY keyboard, it's always connected online and is generally pretty cool looking.

Best part about it was that I got it for free since I've been a customer with my provider since about 1999 on the same contract.

DrizztFan24
2009-01-04, 09:35 AM
So you get the phone but is it activated?:smallwink:

KuReshtin
2009-01-04, 03:20 PM
So you get the phone but is it activated?:smallwink:

Yep, it is. Since it was just a contract upgrade with a new free phone, all I had to do was to switch over the SIM card, and I was good to go.