PDA

View Full Version : Caster Classes

DarkGary
2009-01-02, 11:32 PM
What is the funiest caster class to play?

Eldariel
2009-01-02, 11:35 PM
Define "fun". Also, depends on the day.

DarkGary
2009-01-02, 11:57 PM
It has to have a roll play element to it, needs to do alot of damage, i have Crystal Keep, the complete books, i have almost every thing. we are playing3.5 and have considered Dread Necromancer, but my mind isnt made yet and im open to any thing anyone has to say

Prometheus
2009-01-03, 12:06 AM
It is ambiguous as to whether you meant fun-est or funny-est. In either case, the answer probably has more to do with what you like about them. Possibly: a wizard focusing on illusions or enchantments for hilarity; a batman-style wizard for maximum power; an archivist, who gets every spell known to man for maximum flexibility; a druid, who gets an animal companion and wildshaping, for abilities besides spellcasting; or a bard, who is quite unconventional;

Glimbur
2009-01-03, 12:09 AM
A warmage will do a lot of damage. That's kind of their thing. It's considered suboptimal because there are better things to do than direct damage and a wizard sufficiently optimized can do more with very metamagic'd Orbs, but they have a lot of blasting spells and class features that make them a touch more blasty.

Dixieboy
2009-01-03, 03:43 AM
I like the roleplaying fluff of a warlock

A wizard can be intriguing to play roleplaying wise, if you do it right :/

Druids pretty much gives you four ways to play a character. (Not really, but that's how it often ends anyway)

Bard is hilarious to play if you don't mind losing a bit o' power

The Neoclassic
2009-01-03, 01:14 PM
Roleplaying is entirely up to the player. No one class is particularly good or bad for roleplaying. It's all dependent on your creativity.

Anyway, if you want to deal a lot of damage, just look at arcane casters rather than divine ones for the most part. Assuming they still have that distinction is 4.0. :smallannoyed:

Tengu_temp
2009-01-03, 01:28 PM
Psion. More balanced than most other casters, good blasters while still maintaining a high level of versatility, and power points are much better than spell slots.

Animefunkmaster
2009-01-03, 01:33 PM
Lots of RP ability: Binder (Tome of Magic)

RP ability while doing a good amount of damage: Warlock (Complete Arcane)

Binder/Warlock/Hellfire Warlock is probably something your looking for.

Morty
2009-01-03, 01:35 PM
As far as I'm concerned, wizard wins all around. He's the most powerful, has the best fluff and it's much fun to gather as much spells as possible. And spell slots are the best casting method by far. However, it's not what you're looking for, since there are classes that are better at blasting that wizard. Sorcerers tend to do it better.

lord_khaine
2009-01-03, 01:48 PM
Psion. More balanced than most other casters, good blasters while still maintaining a high level of versatility, and power points are much better than spell slots.

i agree, Psions are a lot of fun to play.

gibbo88
2009-01-03, 06:15 PM
Beguilers are pretty fun too, you have a lot of flashy spells, great skill points for extra mundane fun, and using glibness to lie straight to someones face pretty much never gets old. Free metamagic feats are also really handy.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-03, 07:13 PM
Funniest? Bard. You can have a lot of fun with illusion spells.

JaxGaret
2009-01-04, 02:46 AM
It has to have a roll play element to it

Did you mean to type rollplay or roleplay?

Either way it's a silly statement, but I want to know which silly statement it is.