PDA

View Full Version : Not Serious! : Religion

ArlEammon
2009-01-02, 11:47 PM
Which religion is right? I have friends who worship Mystra. I have friends who worship Asmodeus? I choose not to believe in religion. I believe in the power of dragons! I even have some friends who worship the High God. I choose to believe in the power of Dragon.

afroakuma
2009-01-02, 11:50 PM
*taps fingers irritably*

I note this is dangerously close to the recently posted (and recently sealed) thread in Friendly Banter.

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-02, 11:52 PM
And this should probably go in Gaming, not Homebrew, in any case.

ArlEammon
2009-01-02, 11:53 PM
Ehehe. Its actually a friendly joke on my part. I want to know as a PC which god is the best.

afroakuma
2009-01-02, 11:54 PM
*shrug* Which game?

Depends on which domains are being authorized and whether or not specialty spells are being allowed.

Vadin
2009-01-02, 11:55 PM
...that might have been useful in the opening post, that you weren't serious. I was a little weirded out there for a minute.

It really depends on your character, doesn't it, man? If you're a nature-guy, a nature-god would be appropriate, but if you're a necromancer, someone evil might be a better choice. It's not like there's one ALWAYS BEST option for something without any real gameplay effect beyond RP.

afroakuma
2009-01-02, 11:57 PM
And yes, this should also go in Gaming.

Zeta Kai
2009-01-03, 12:21 AM
We don't take kindly to folks coming into our Homebrew Forum & not brewin'. Nope. No, we sure don't.:smallannoyed:

Assassin89
2009-01-03, 12:23 AM
We don't take kindly to folks coming into our Homebrew Forum & not brewin'. Nope. No, we sure don't.:smallannoyed:

The only way to turn this into a homebrew is to create specific gods or domains otherwise:

*stabs out-of-place thread*

ArlEammon
2009-01-03, 12:25 AM
The only way to turn this into a homebrew is to create specific gods or domains otherwise:

*stabs out-of-place thread*

o.k...o.k

Saradinus; Overgod of Manna, acadamies, dragons, and life.

Cyrus; god of the forge

Ikassi, the Voice of Planet

Brom
2009-01-03, 12:26 AM
Since this thread already seems out of place, I suppose I'll use it to post a question I'd feel otherwise embarassed about asking.

How do you use a spoiler?

afroakuma
2009-01-03, 12:30 AM
your message

ArlEammon
Since this thread already seems out of place, I suppose I'll use it to post a question I'd feel otherwise embarassed about asking.

How do you use a spoiler?

Like this

Post a reply and look at my post.

Inyssius Tor
"The best god is the Lady of Pain, because She's --glark!
Ac-c-kl-AAughhelpmeplease
ohgodno"
shhnk

Zeta Kai
2009-01-03, 12:57 AM
Dakor, the Goddess of Fire

Dakor the Creator
Dakor the Destroyer
Dakor the Transformer

There, I just leaked something from my own on-going campaign. Feel special.

Lappy9000
2009-01-03, 01:30 AM
Ooooookay. Homebrew Pantheon GO!

Rising from the seaaa,
Homebrewed so perfectlllllyyyy,
Here it comes, it's on the runnnn,
It's time to have some fuuuunnnnn!

Go Go Pantheon of Failure!
Go Go Pantheon of Failure!
It's a Pantheon of Failure ba-bah,
Yeah Yeah YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!

The Pantheon of Failure
Aimlesoneon: His Indecisiveness, The Directionless
Portfolio: Purposeless Beings, Stupid Monsters, Wanderers
Domains: (Pointless) Knowledge, Travel, War
Alignment: Neutral
Favored Weapons: Gyrspike, or other ridiculous weapon
Aimlesoneon is a wanderer, but not like those other ones. He wanders because he's not sure what to do, or where to go. Even if he does know, he simply can't make up his mind, and such policies extend to granting powers to his worshippers. Followers of Aimlesoneon are few and far between, since most get fed up with waiting for Aimlesoneon to approve requests for spells. The holy symbol of Aimlesoneon is any pointless bauble.

Agnosticus: Skepticism Embraced, The Confounded One
Portfolio: Disorganization, Unbelievers
Domains: None
Favored Weapons: None
Brother of Apathitus, Agnosticus is an odd deity. Believers of The Confunded One aren't sure if he's even a deity. Unbelievably, Agnosticus isn't sure himself. Followers of Agnosticus likely aren't sure they're worshipping him, but who doesn't like a bit of divine blessing, eh? Agnosticus' holy symbol hasn't been determined since Agnosticus wants to make sure he really exists before committing.

Anemoscolese: The Delicate Deity, Weakest One
Portfolio: Elves, Fragility, Irresoluteness
Favored Weapons: Unarmed Strike
Anemoscolese is the weakest deity of them all. So weak, in fact, that he is unable to grant his followers any divine assistance at all. Worshippers of The Delicate Deity mostly take pity upon his fragility, and are usually quite feeble themselves. The holy symbol of Anemoscolese is a band-aid (preferably Hail Kitty or My Little Riding Pony brand).

Apathitus: Avatar of Uncaring, The Aloof One
Portfolio: Dispassion, Stoicism, Uncaring
Domains: Eh, Whatever (Replace with the domains of another true neutral deity)
Favored Weapons: Eh, Whatever (Replace with the favored weapon of another true neutral deity)
Apathitus is the completely uncaring deity of apathy. He demands nothing of his worshippers and gives nothing in return. The following of Apathitus is extremely unorganized, since noone within the faith can spur themselves to get things together. It's not that Apathitus is lazy, he just doesn't care. His holy symbol is any knicknack available tied with a plain piece of string, usually worn as a necklace.

imp_fireball
2009-01-03, 01:52 AM
What man? Don't mention those deities man, they're crazy. You want another joint, man?

The Pantheon of.... wha -???

Exigousi: The Scattered Omnipotence, The Overbearing Narrow, The Complete *******
Portfolio: Confused Practicioners, Misinterpreters
It's hard to say if this one is father, cousin, sister, mother, aunt/uncle twice removed to Agnosticus or Apathitus, or if there is absolutely no relation whatsoever. Nevertheless, while there's been no hint of his existence, there are those that try to prove his existence through their own definitions and there own take on theology. Although disagreement arises, all generally agree that this deity pretty much exists everywhere. Or in a lot of places at least. Many wars have been fought over everything down to the precise co-ordinates of the 'heart' of this deity, or the center of his psychic mark as it were. It's become apparent, that this deity is perhaps the greatest ******* of them all, leaving people completely clueless as to how to best worship him and/or gain his favor.

Azathoth: Pure Evil, Destruction, WHAT PURPOSE IS THERE!!! AH!!!
Portfolio: Doomsayers, The Insane, Other Deities on the neutral/evil spectrum
Alignment: Neutral/Evil
The outer gods dance in the court of Azathoth for unknown reasons. But perhaps it's to keep this big guy sleeping. Because if he awakens, he'll order the destruction of the universe, which cannot be prevented and then all that worship will be for naught anyway.

Erraticus: The Unpredictable Rage, The Ungrateful SOB, The Emo Deity
Portfolio: Self Repugnant Teenagers, Deaf Dumb and Blind... and Retarded
Alignment: Neutral Chaotic
Worshipping this deity will get you absolutely nothing. And it's not like there's any set regimen either. Literally, every hour a new prophet is up and about shouting out a list of new preachings that must be abided by in order to gain favor of this diety. This has lead to much upset among the local selfless worshipping monks (whom happen to be ignorant of the diety as a whole). Eventually all are smitten, and none are repaid. This diety basically hates everyone and never accepts your gifts as good enough. Mortals will never truly understand him!

Gourmandiginous: The Consumer, The Horder, The Pimp, The Lard Dump
Portfolio: Overly generous people, people who need constant reassurance from others
There was once a man by the name of Mr. Scrooge who had embraced his better ways, choosing to adopt generosity in the form of worshipping this diety. Who's to say it proved a mistake. Gourmandiginous demanded food sacrifice. Scrooge sacrificed an animal in his name each and every day for years and years. Never did Scrooge recieve any blessing in return. Eventually crooked 'ol Scrooge once again tipped over to other extreme of the spectrum, adopting tyrannous methods of gold allotment so that he could give it all away to his deity. Eventually he abandoned Gourmandiginous altogether having realized once again how much fun it was to actually keep all the crap on planet earth for yourself if you could get your hands on it.

Gourmandiginous does not care how its done, he demands something from you. Sacrifice. He lies and takes all he can from you before you abandon him for a more promising opening in the pantheon elsewhere. He spreads rumor about how much of a faith flip-flopper you are. What a bastard.

Some opposing theologians have argued that Gourmandiginous is evil because he instills greed in those whom attempt to please him. Really, the deity doesn't give a rats ass about the mortal world: there's nothing they could offer him that would make his presence there a worthy use of his own precious time.

Lappy9000
2009-01-03, 01:55 AM
Exigousi

Nice :smallcool:
Let's keep this trainwreck a-rollin'!

Alteran
2009-01-03, 01:59 AM
I choose not to believe in religion. I believe in the power of dragons!
It seems to me that either Bahamut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahamut_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)) or Tiamat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)) is the god for you, depending on which way you lean (good or evil).

And in the interest in keeping up the homebrewing, here's something I made on the spot.

Scepter of The Twin Dragons
One of the few items left behind by Io, this magical scepter was forged by the great dragon god himself before he was killed and reformed into two new gods, Bahamut and Tiamat.
Lvl 30 - +6 - 3,125,000 gp
Implement (Staff)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +6d8
Property: This implement deals ongoing 10 damage of the type that it is attuned to on a successful attack.
Power (At-Will): Free action. All damage dealt by this implement is acid, cold, fire, lighting, or poison. This implement is considered attuned to that damage type. Another free action returns the damage to normal, or to another type. You can only select one type at a time.
Power (At-Will): Standard action. Ranged 20; Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs. Reflex; the target gains vulnerability 5 to the type of damage that this implement is attuned to until the end of the encounter.

There's some dragons for you.

imp_fireball
2009-01-03, 02:11 AM
Erraticus: The Unpredictable Rage, The Ungrateful SOB, The Emo Deity
Portfolio: Self Repugnant Teenagers, Deaf Dumb and Blind... and Retarded
Alignment: Neutral Chaotic
Worshipping this deity will get you absolutely nothing. And it's not like there's any set regimen either. Literally, every hour a new prophet is up and about shouting out a list of new preachings that must be abided by in order to gain favor of this diety. This has lead to much upset among the local selfless worshipping monks (whom happen to be ignorant of the diety as a whole). Eventually all are smitten, and none are repaid. This diety basically hates everyone and never accepts your gifts as good enough. Mortals will never truly understand him!

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-03, 02:19 AM
"Smote". Sune's followers are smitten.

Roland St. Jude
2009-01-03, 06:29 PM
Ehehe. Its actually a friendly joke on my part. I want to know as a PC which god is the best.

Sheriff of Moddingham: I am.