PDA

View Full Version : Death Note 2 WW Sign-Up (Recruitment over)

Dragoon
2009-01-03, 05:35 PM
Narrator Dragoon, Co-narrator Istari

After the success of the defeat of Kira, a few national agency put together an academy to train officers to deal with another possible situation. The last test for the graduates is about to begin...

The roles

The police academy and friends
New Graduates- (villagers) You are almost finished with the academy, and this was supposed to be a last test. You win if all the Kira are killed.
“Criminals”- You were picked to be criminals, even though your record is clean, to replicate L’s successful capture attempt of Light. You win if Kira are killed and you survived.
“L”- (seer) The best in the class, if you pass the test, you will become the new L. Every day you can scry someone to determine their role. Wins if all the Kiras are dead.
“Mello”- (seer and thief) The “second” best in the class, you have to be more careful to identify the truth, can scry every three days. However, you also have the ability to steal a “death note.” Win if Kiras and Near are dead. Draws if only Kiras are killed.
“Near” (back-up seer) One of the best in class, however, none really know your ability, except for Mello, who can’t believe that anyone one else could keep up with him. Scries every three days unless L is “killed,” then you will scry every day, but are more vulnerable. Win if Kiras are killed.
“NPA”- (mason) You know each other too well, and that the professor knew that separating you all would endanger the effectiveness of the tests. Wins if all the Kiras are dead.
Aiber- You’re a con man and a smooth talker. Both you and Wedy decided to help out after suspecting foul play. You are able to influence one person’s vote each day, however, it can’t be the same person back to back.
Wedy- (voider) You also wanted to help with the “test,” though like Aiber, you knew it was probably trouble. Though you do know how to be disruptive. Each night, you can void the next person’s day or night phase action, depending on when it happens. However, to avoid suspicion, you cannot void the same person twice in a row.

The Kira
Kira’s team wins killing every criminal, NPA, L, Near, and Mello. Kira gets to pick his team. Those with death note can write a name of a person that they have gotten at night.
Kira- (alpha) You want to show the world that Mello’s victory was a fluke. Though like Light, you want to rule the world without losing half your life. Everyday you can determine someone’s role and possibly their real name. L, Near, and Mello see Light as a villager.
Kira Right Hand Man- (voider) You trust Kira and wish to stand at his side in his new world. You don’t have a death note, but can void one person’s action each day. Though you can’t void the same person twice in a row. If one of the followers is killed and Mello hasn’t stolen the death note, you can lose your ability to void to gain the follower’s ability. Scries as Kira’s Follower.
Kira’s Followers- (wolves) You were picked by Kira to bring a new world order. You have accepted the shinigami eyes and each day can scry someone’s name. Scry as Kira’s Follower.

Special Rules

Everyone will be given a real name, that the Kira’s will need to write in the death note to kill a person. Just like the manga/anime, the Kira’s can control a person’s actions and time of death somewhat. If they try too much control, then the person will die instantly instead. Example, Dragoon writes that Naomi Misora (Shadow) will die in four days and on that day, point at Freshmeat, saying he is Light Yagami, that would work. Also, if someone is under the control of the death note, Aiber’s ability will not work.
There are couple more abilities only the role that has them will know about.
Also, names from Death Note may be used, but does not mean they are the same roles.
Just a reminder to possible players that the wolves have a limited ability to control their votes before they die. I appreciate that people want to win, but part of what makes death note, death note, is the uncertainty of knowing whether someone’s being controlled. So unless the message asks you to act dramatically different than you have been, please try not to act too differently.

Recruitment will last until the 13, and then once the alpha picks his people, the game will start the 15.

Auto-lynching happens after three days of missed voting, the days don't have to be in a row.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Players 30
Catseye2121
Jontom Xire
FF fanboy
Emperor Demonking
Fin
lamech
Korias
bayar
Recaiden
The Rogue Monk
Aemoh
Murska
Allysian
dallas-dakota
Aether
Lex-kat
Raistlin1040
Vampiric
hap_hazard
Moon_Called
Shadow
banjo1985
iceddragons
Blue Umbrella
Cpt. Soup
Murska
Queenfange
Trixie
Artemis97
Griever

Alpha has been chosen, game to start soon.

TFT
2009-01-04, 05:29 AM
I'm surprised no one else has signed up yet, in.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-04, 05:43 AM
The last one was reported as awesome, so count me in.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-04, 05:57 AM
In if I was in the first one, otherwise not.

Fan
2009-01-04, 06:04 AM
I'm in. Now ot hold true to the anime, and concot ridiculously over complicated plans.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-04, 07:14 AM
No Baner? Intersting.

Sign me up.

Also "Voider" isn't in bold.

Fin
2009-01-04, 08:09 AM
In, with Cake!

Lamech
2009-01-04, 08:33 AM
Let try this again!

Korias
2009-01-04, 09:17 AM
This will prove to be interesting. Sign me up please.

Bayar
2009-01-04, 10:44 AM
Oh yeah, let the heart attacks roll. (in)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-04, 10:46 AM
In if I was in the first one, otherwise not.

Waait, Korias, KORIAS! I haven't seen you for some time, where 'ave ya been?

In then.

Recaiden
2009-01-04, 11:09 AM
The last one was awesome. In.

Fin
2009-01-04, 11:33 AM

Woo Hoo Korias is back, I'd like you to declare the Cybermen as the winners of the Tardis WW game please! Do it, do it now...:smallwink:

TRM
2009-01-04, 11:43 AM
In, please.

Aemoh
2009-01-04, 12:16 PM
In, says I.

Murska
2009-01-04, 12:32 PM
In! I was SO CLOSE last time... :smallwink:

Allysian
2009-01-04, 02:29 PM
O.K! In! I shall not die!

Dragoon
2009-01-04, 03:26 PM
Also "Voider" isn't in bold.

Thanks, can't believe I didn't notice that.

And then, since you pulled out last time a wee bit before the game started, Dallas-Dakota, does that mean no, or perhaps since if you weren't busy you were going to play its a yes?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-04, 03:30 PM

In then.
That means In, in a poor job of Sneak language.

Reinholdt
2009-01-04, 03:51 PM
Trying to cut down on WW games? Check.
WW game with chance to control people's actions? Check.
Hopelessly addicted? Check.
In? Check. :smallfrown:

TRM
2009-01-04, 04:01 PM
If you want, tell me your role and I will play for you; all you will have to do is send the messages that I tell you to send, point at whomever I tell you to point at, and say only what I tell you to say.
Don't bother to reply, I'll simply assume compliance.
>_>
I like controlling people's actions too...

Korias
2009-01-04, 04:07 PM
Woo Hoo Korias is back, I'd like you to declare the Cybermen as the winners of the Tardis WW game please! Do it, do it now...:smallwink:

Hahaha:smallbiggrin: I'd love to restart that game, actually. Things got... hectic. Family buisness, plus school just consumed my life (Plus slipping grades meant that the router was disconnected, yeilding no internet. And the school monitors and tends to block any sites that dont have to do with school). Either way, I got my internet back, plus my grades ARE back up. With Midterms just around the corner, I wont be doing any hosting for a bit. After though? Definitely. I'll see what I can do about it.

Aether
2009-01-04, 04:18 PM
Sign me up.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-04, 05:04 PM
I'll join. :smallsmile:

Raistlin1040
2009-01-04, 06:29 PM
In, please.

Vampiric
2009-01-04, 08:12 PM
Definitely in. Last time was fun! :smallbiggrin:
I will take a chip... AND EAT IT!!!
If only Haruki could send that funny pic he made...

hap_hazard
2009-01-04, 08:34 PM
In. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2009-01-05, 08:07 PM
I'm in.

Thanks for letting me know about this, Dragoon.

Istari
2009-01-05, 08:46 PM
Just popping in to say I'm helping out as co-narrator
May we have mercy on your souls :P hehe

Edit: Ask if you have any questions

Shadow
2009-01-08, 11:24 PM
Count me in since I missed the last one.
Plus, you used me as an example in your explanation , so how could I not play? :smallamused:

banjo1985
2009-01-09, 06:20 AM
I think I'm available just enough to sign up to a WW game again, so I'm in. Take note that as my only WW game I expect it to be a bloody good one! :smallamused:

Dragoon
2009-01-09, 09:50 AM
I think I'm available just enough to sign up to a WW game again, so I'm in. Take note that as my only WW game I expect it to be a bloody good one! :smallamused:

We'll try, but I can't guarantee your teammate won't backstab you again.

Hyozo
2009-01-10, 01:54 AM

Take this, add in the fact that I love the series, and you have my position on this game.

Yes, that does mean I'm in.

Boo
2009-01-10, 02:06 AM
I am, what you may call, IN.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 03:08 AM
I wish to join!

This is the second game of the same version right? So did the last one go well?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-10, 03:27 AM
The first one was awesome!

Murska
2009-01-10, 03:06 PM
Yeah. The last game was epic. I still claim that I could've pulled out the victory from my horrendously difficult start position if only I had had one more night. I scried Misa the same night she killed me, and I had already controlled Light to be my pet Kira. :smallbiggrin:

Dragoon
2009-01-11, 03:11 AM
Of course if you didn't get Saint Nil, he would have walked away laughing from what I remember.

Also just a reminder to people, if you have a particular name you would like to use for your real name, pming both Istari and I would be great.

Now I just need to have my opening ready. And a last thing of note in this thread, since the thread doesn't always go up the day I post, The first day will be 72 hours long.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-11, 03:13 AM
What do you mean real name?

I'm called Dallas-Dakota..Or the cookiemonster..or DD..or Dallas....

>>
<<

TRM
2009-01-11, 12:05 PM
What do you mean real name?

I'm called Dallas-Dakota..Or the cookiemonster..or DD..or Dallas....

>>
<<
For the night kills, darling.

Everyone will be given a real name, that the Kira’s will need to write in the death note to kill a person. Just like the manga/anime, the Kira’s can control a person’s actions and time of death somewhat. If they try too much control, then the person will die instantly instead. Example, Dragoon writes that Naomi Misora (Shadow) will die in four days and on that day, point at Freshmeat, saying he is Light Yagami, that would work. Also, if someone is under the control of the death note, Aiber’s ability will not work.
There are couple more abilities only the role that has them will know about.
Also, names from Death Note may be used, but does not mean they are the same roles.
Just a reminder to possible players that the wolves have a limited ability to control their votes before they die. I appreciate that people want to win, but part of what makes death note, death note, is the uncertainty of knowing whether someone’s being controlled. So unless the message asks you to act dramatically different than you have been, please try not to act too differently.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-11, 03:51 PM
This sounds quite intriguing. I would like to play. :smallsmile:

Trixie
2009-01-13, 02:53 PM
Can I join, too?

Boo
2009-01-13, 03:22 PM
Can my real name be Tom Tommy Tomson Tommingham? :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-13, 03:35 PM
For the night kills, darling.

I don't watch anime....
*runs from the horde of anime-fans*
*then runs from the group of anime-fans I know irl*

Artemis97
2009-01-13, 03:40 PM
Sign me up. The last one was fun. I do have one question, though. How are the wolves working, specifically? The rules mentioned Shinigami eyes, so they can all scry? Do they all have deathnotes? What's the deal?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-13, 03:41 PM
*tries to burn the silly notes*
What do you mean this game is based on these silly notes?:smalltongue:

Dragoon
2009-01-13, 04:52 PM
All the Kira except one will have a death note, that one may get one of the dead Kira's note, though "Mello" can steal one if the time is right. The alpha scries usually gets role (not always) and sometimes a name, the ones with the eyes get only names. Assuming that the voider does not get to them either.

To explain how it works, DD, the death note can kill someone if you can write their name as you picture their face, and have limited control over their actions before dying.

And Blue Umbrella, if you really want to, I bet the wolves would be thrilled with that. :smallbiggrin:

Boo
2009-01-13, 05:21 PM
And Blue Umbrella, if you really want to, I bet the wolves would be thrilled with that. :smallbiggrin:

Yes, I really want to. :smallsmile: I'm sure it'd be funnier if I turned out to be a wolf myself. :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2009-01-13, 10:05 PM
In as Mr. Pro Kira, The Sequel!

Dragoon
2009-01-14, 02:34 AM
Ok, recruitment is closed, and the alpha will be shortly told of his selection. Roles will go out after I receive who the alpha wants under his/her wing. Cue the music.

Bayar
2009-01-14, 03:53 AM
It would be awesome to be the alpha.

Just think of the ability to choose yur allies, to choose who to control, how to control your pawns while trying to be inconspicuous towards the authorities.

:amused:

Dragoon
2009-01-15, 09:11 PM
A heads up, the game thread should be up soon, and the roles should be out, pm me and Istari if you didn't get one.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-16, 03:52 AM
Just to make it easier to find, the thread is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102313)