PDA

View Full Version : Domino's vs. Subway...

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-03, 08:29 PM
Those of you who know me reasonably well are probably clued in to the fact that I really don't like Subway. However, lately Domino's has been doing a series of commercials in which their oven-baked subs beat Subway's 2-to-1 in a taste test.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a "jerk" move on their part? Don't get me wrong, I still loathe Subway's attempts to overcharge me in new and inventive ways, but the commercials I'm seeing for Domino's seem to be a very childish way to speak directly to Subway, saying, "Haw, haw, we are better!", rather than, y'know, advertising.

kpenguin
2009-01-03, 08:33 PM
They're not trying to say anything to Subway. They're trying to tell you, the viewer, that you should go to Domino's rather than Subway because it is better.

This tactic is no different than how other products are said to perform X% better than another, usually the leading brand. Its just done in annoying way, similar to the Mac commercials.

Mr. Mud
2009-01-03, 08:38 PM
I agree, and I personally agree with you, Subway does overcharge you... but when I not paying for it, it just taste so very good :smallamused:. But do you really think that a Pizza place, that has just recently been making subs, has a better sub than SUBway? Of course not. It might taste better, but you might die an hour later. Subway might not taste as goo,d but it still taste very good, and I'm fairly positive it's better for you than greasy ole Dominoes. But I'm not a nutritionist :smallbiggrin:.

Anyways, did dominoes ever release the actual results of said survey?

Edan
2009-01-03, 09:56 PM
Anytime I see ads like these, I remember this: lies damn lies and statistics. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics)

Personally, I find both to be terrible.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-03, 10:36 PM
Honestly, if this turns out to be an effective marketing strategy, I think Pepsi really needs to use it. They tend to be much preferred in taste by consumers in blind taste tests (where the sodas aren't labelled); people just like the branding of Coke better.

It is a bit of a "jerk" strategy, but marketing isn't the kindest field and I don't find it all that offensive. I mean, they use enough other strategies which I'm sure we'd disagree with if we discussed them (use of suggestive ladies, associating their product with making your neighbors envy you, etc), so this one doesn't seem much worse than those.

Cheesegear
2009-01-03, 11:15 PM
but the commercials I'm seeing for Domino's seem to be a very childish way to speak directly to Subway, saying, "Haw, haw, we are better!", rather than, y'know, advertising.

It's called Smear Campaigning. Those few people running for public positions of authority use it all the time.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-03, 11:19 PM
Did the Mac v. Windows commercials bother you? Gotta ask.

As for taste, its all up to personal preference, the majority of people they tested might have said two to one they liked it. How many other people did they not test? I wasn't tested on it. Were you? Chances are, no one on this forum underwent the taste testing. Marketing can't lie to you, at least here stateside, but they can sure as heck make sure they only tell you what they want you to hear and use every trick in the book to make sure it fits.

Tirian
2009-01-03, 11:24 PM
But do you really think that a Pizza place, that has just recently been making subs, has a better sub than SUBway?

Actually, I don't believe you can automatically conclude that. Subs and pizza are both meat, cheese, vegetables, and bread. Your local pizza chain has had subs on the menu for decades, and they're just as tasty as Subway's and cheaper. Subway's business model is not putting enough meat on their sandwiches and charging more for a premium "healthy" product, and it's not hard to do better. Having not had it, I can only assume that Domino's loads their subs up with yummy grease before running them through the oven, and it's no surprise that Americans prefer the taste of irrationally fat-laden food.

My biggest problem with Domino's taste tests is that their product quality is far more erratic than any other national chain I can imagine. Every Big Mac you've ever had is identical, but pizzas are completely at the mercy of the person who is pounding out the dough and watching the oven. I've worked for Domino's off and on over the course of my life, and they're capable of making some of the best and worst pizzas even over the course of two different shifts at the same store. Now, when you order this prize-winning sub, is it going to be prepared by the same person as the ones who won the taste test? Not a bit, which is why I am never taken in by the taste promises of their ads.

Still, to the OP's question of whether this is a jerk move? I say no. Coke vs. Pepsi and McDonald's vs. Burger King taste tests are jerk wars because we've both had both products for our entire lives and we don't need to be told which the "average" person prefers because we already know which one we prefer. But when you're rolling out a new product, I think you have more latitude in claiming that you are worth checking out.

kpenguin
2009-01-03, 11:30 PM
Personally, I find the "Hi I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" far more distasteful. They seem to have crossed the line between "Our product is better" to "Our product is better and you guys are idiots for using our competitor"

But maybe that's just me.

mathemagician
2009-01-03, 11:35 PM
I agree with kpenguin. Their goal is that when you say "What should we eat for lunch" and someone says "Let's get subs," your immediate proposed solution is no longer Subway or even any other "traditional" sub shop.

I'll stick to Quiznos myself.. mm.. prime rib and pepper corn..

Collin152
2009-01-03, 11:42 PM
I thought one commercial compared the IQ of 100 to that of someone who prefers Subway, and an IQ of 200 to one who prefers DOminos?
That seemed kinda jerkassy.

kpenguin
2009-01-03, 11:44 PM
I thought one commercial compared the IQ of 100 to that of someone who prefers Subway, and an IQ of 200 to one who prefers DOminos?
That seemed kinda jerkassy.

Okay... that's just wrong.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-01-04, 12:04 AM
I just have one quick thought here. How can you say that Subway is so over priced, when their big thing now is the $5 footlong subs. You're not likely going to get that good of a deal at any other sub place. Most pizza places that I know of that have subs, are far more expensive than the average sub at Subway. Personally I like Subway, and absolutely despise Quiznos with every fiber of my being.

de-trick
2009-01-04, 12:36 AM
well cause my town doesnt have a Domino's, im going with subway, and i do like oven roasted chicken, ham, bacon, and cheese sub.

But even thou I never ate there, my favorite cause i got a workers pass to the biggest consert/party in my province for free, from Quiznoes. Didnt even need to work:smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2009-01-04, 12:44 AM
Personally, I find the "Hi I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" far more distasteful. They seem to have crossed the line between "Our product is better" to "Our product is better and you guys are idiots for using our competitor"

But maybe that's just me.

Not only that, it's an imprecise comparison. A "PC" is a piece of hardware. They mean "Windows", but say "PC". As a computer guy, the imprecision bothers me a great deal. And it's really quite low-class imaging: "Mac equals young and hip, PC/Windows equals old and boring". Just...yeah.
As for Dominos versus Subway...just go to Quizno's or something. Domino's pizza, as I recall, isn't very good. Doubt their subs are better.

Alleine
2009-01-04, 12:52 AM
I stopped paying attention to commercials that didn't entertain me. The ones that do, I laugh at because they're funny. I'm so busy laughing that I don't even notice what they're selling.

Then I go make a sammich or something.

Advertising stopped bothering me when I stopped caring.

Raiser Blade
2009-01-04, 02:41 AM
Advertising stopped bothering me when I stopped caring.

Sez the guy with a commercial quote in his sig.

Em Blackleaf
2009-01-04, 02:51 AM
Well, Skittles commercials are funny. :smalltongue:

I think the best sandwiches ever are the ones my mom makes, because I swear she somehow makes food taste loving. :smallsmile:

I've never had the Dominoes sandwiches, but I know I really like Subway (except that when you ask for olives, they only put on about five). Also, I don't like greasy food, and the Dominoes subs look kind of greasy.

Alleine
2009-01-04, 03:00 AM
Well, Skittles commercials are funny. :smalltongue:

+1. And I'm pretty sure they don't have "BELIEVE THE RAINBOW". That might be kinda weird for a lot of people.

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-04, 05:52 AM
Marketing can't lie to you, at least here stateside, but they can sure as heck make sure they only tell you what they want you to hear and use every trick in the book to make sure it fits.

Just like the "Whopper Virgin" commercials (which I also found distasteful). I'm fairly certain that at least some of the people surveyed preferred the Big Mac over the Whopper, but they simply were not aired.

Personally, I find the "Hi I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" far more distasteful.

What I find funny about it is the fact that "PC" stands for "Personal Computer." Is Apple saying that their computers are not personal? :smalltongue:

I just have one quick thought here. How can you say that Subway is so over priced, when their big thing now is the $5 footlong subs?

Because Subway has never charged me just $5 for a sub, and before all the "five-dollar foot-long" hype, some of their foot-long subs were available for less than five dollars.

SoD
2009-01-04, 06:01 AM
Well, I know which one I prefur. Domino's isn't (hopefully) going to imploy me.

Destro_Yersul
2009-01-04, 06:12 AM
We are talking about the same Subway, right? The one where I can get a 6" sub for cheaper than a large hamburger at pretty much any given fast food place? The one where they will happily add on as much extra lettuce and stuff as I want without charging anything extra? That one, right?

Admittedly I'm kinda biased. Subway is one of my favourite places to eat, and (IMO) it beats the pants off Quizno's. I've never liked Domino's either. I've just never seen Subway's food as expensive.

Fan
2009-01-04, 06:19 AM
+1. And I'm pretty sure they don't have "BELIEVE THE RAINBOW". That might be kinda weird for a lot of people.

I think the one wih the guy who has everything he touches turns to skittles commerical was hilliarious. Me, and my freinds had abotu a 6 hours discussion on how he could get around the with gloves made out of skittles, and one person adamantly refusing that this would work claiming that the "Skittles would turns into More Skittles", and how much of a crime threat he would be as he could just hold up his hand, and instead of bullets he'd be getting pelted by slow moving skittles.

Anyway, back on topic.
Subway is meh, as is Domino's. I personally could care less as whatever I can afford, and my car can reach is my motto for food so long as it isn't the fast food kind.. as that just riis you off in general.

Castaras
2009-01-04, 06:19 AM
Hooray for never having had a subway or a domino's! :smallbiggrin:

Boo
2009-01-04, 06:24 AM
I'm sorry, but for a company to create something as awful as the cardboard-paste Oreo Pizza, I have to say that no matter what they say, they will never be as good as Subway. Although, I prefer Quizno's.

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-04, 06:28 AM
We are talking about the same Subway, right? The one where I can get a 6" sub for cheaper than a large hamburger at pretty much any given fast food place? The one where they will happily add on as much extra lettuce and stuff as I want without charging anything extra? That one, right?

Admittedly, I'm a bit biased as well, albeit negatively. Simply put, Subway has never offered me anything that could be called a fair deal. One of the last times I had gone, they charged me $20 for two "five-dollar" subs.

Destro_Yersul
2009-01-04, 06:44 AM
I think I remember you telling that story. By contrast, I've got nothing but good experiences going there. I usually get the meatball sub, which happens to be one of the cheapest items on the menu, and then get them to put loads of veggies on it. Which is one of the things I really like Subway for over the other choices. At Subway, you get to pick what and how much extra stuff you want.

dish
2009-01-04, 07:21 AM

But your sig says "belEIve" ... now I'm confused.

I'm not quite up to Cassie's level, but I think I may have had both Domino's and Subway ... maybe twice in my life? So I really have no opinions on this matter, except that advertising is probably a blight on our lives.

Cheesegear
2009-01-04, 07:56 AM
I was assisstant manager for a Dominos store for almost six months (And I was working with them all through High School before that) and then University accepted me, and I was like "So long, s**tsville!"). So, people are right, not every pizza you get is going to be the same as the one you got last time. And with the amount of staff-changes and different ingredients Dominos uses, I don't think two pizzas will ever taste exactly the same.

As far as advertising goes, I think someone's idea is wrong when instead of say, thinking; "Hmm...What's for lunch? I'll have Dominos.", what they're seemingly trying to tell you is "Hmm...What's for lunch? I wont have SubWay." It just seems wrong.

I don't like it when politicians do it, and as for the Mac vs. PC ads... Anyone with a brain can 'turn off' or alter all the 'bad points' that 'Mac says...'

Just be informed and bad marketing strategies wont affect you.

reorith
2009-01-04, 11:03 AM
I just have one quick thought here. How can you say that Subway is so over priced, when their big thing now is the $5 footlong subs. You're not likely going to get that good of a deal at any other sub place. Most pizza places that I know of that have subs, are far more expensive than the average sub at Subway. Personally I like Subway, and absolutely despise Quiznos with every fiber of my being.

of the eight subs on the five dollar every day value menu,
the black forest ham, veggie delite, blt, cold cut combo, meatball marinara and tuna were already $4.99 for a foot long. the spicy italian, oven roasted chicken breast are made from components that have recently gone down in bulk price.

Admittedly, I'm a bit biased as well, albeit negatively. Simply put, Subway has never offered me anything that could be called a fair deal. One of the last times I had gone, they charged me $20 for two "five-dollar" subs.

this one time, a drunk dude came into subway while i was working and ordered a sub in the most obnoxious way as well as puked in the sink in the men's restroom. as a result, my coworker over charged him by a great deal and then demagnetized his credit card.
tl;dr: it could be worse.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-04, 12:41 PM
Just like the "Whopper Virgin" commercials (which I also found distasteful). I'm fairly certain that at least some of the people surveyed preferred the Big Mac over the Whopper, but they simply were not aired.

They were actually in the minute long version, which showed a good 10-15 people and some picked the Big Mac.

Not only that, but its the wording of the commercial, they didn't say "everyone that tried it loved the Whopper" they said, of those we tested, most -prefered- the whopper over the big mac. And that makes all the difference.

As for them being distasteful...eh, they were at the very least interesting. The Mac V. PC ones are pretty nasty. Not that Vista can hold up against it, but we still have XP

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-04, 12:53 PM
I just cut out both of them and go to Quiznos. Better sandwiches all around.

As for them being distasteful...eh, they were at the very least interesting. The Mac V. PC ones are pretty nasty. Not that Vista can hold up against it, but we still have XP

I did love the ones that went after Microsoft for spending money on advertising...my only thought was: "Wait, you've been running these ads for over 5 years now, and you're calling them on running commercials?"

Boo
2009-01-04, 04:40 PM
I just cut out both of them and go to Quiznos. Better sandwiches all around.

I did love the ones that went after Microsoft for spending money on advertising...my only thought was: "Wait, you've been running these ads for over 5 years now, and you're calling them on running commercials?"

Well, to be fair, the mac commercials are low budget. The PC commercials, advertising, and everything else just sorta overshadows their budget for fixing Vista. Mac was pointing this out at the time, and not the actual cost.

On topic: Woo! You, me, Quiznos. Now.

Lupy
2009-01-04, 05:19 PM
Well, to be fair, the mac commercials are low budget. The PC commercials, advertising, and everything else just sorta overshadows their budget for fixing Vista. Mac was pointing this out at the time, and not the actual cost.

On topic: Woo! You, me, Quiznos. Now.

But on the otherhand, Microsoft's budget is much larger than Apple's.

Also: I like subway, but my local ones are much nicer than ones I've been to on vacation. I'm a bit skeptical about Dominos making subs, but I'll give them a chance before I make any judgements.

Neko Toast
2009-01-04, 05:53 PM
Domino's vs. Subway... I don't think I'll ever touch one of those Domino's sammiches. They don't look very appetizing. Subway, meh. I go there occasionally.

I agree, the adds are just stupid. Since when have cheap marketing ploys been successful, honestly?

On Mac vs. PC - Hate those adds as well, for several reasons. One, when you're buying a mac, you're not buying a computer. You're buying their name that just so happens to have a computer attached to it. I've seen their prices, and it's just so ridiculous. Two, Macs have just as many bugs as any other PC. All computers are going to have bugs.

But the advertisements, where Microsoft takes the PC stereotype that Mac created, and then shows several other people who use Windows, those are crafty. At least they know how to handle marketing in a mature manner.

Jack Squat
2009-01-04, 06:37 PM
Honestly, if this turns out to be an effective marketing strategy, I think Pepsi really needs to use it. They tend to be much preferred in taste by consumers in blind taste tests (where the sodas aren't labelled); people just like the branding of Coke better.

People also hear "Coke" much more, as it's commonly used to refer to pops (soft drinks, sodas, ...) of all types. If you hear it, you'll prefer it...same with how Band-Aids are normally bought over the competition (mostly 3M and a bunch of crap house brands). There's also selective surveying done on for these things, so if a certain age group or location prefers one product, they use that. I actually prefer Coke between the two (Pepsi tastes harsher to me), but I like Cherry Pepsi better than Cherry Coke, and I prefer Mt. Dew over anything else.

On My views of these types of ads, it doesn't bother me too much. The Mac vs. PC ones did, but that had more to do with presentation.

On which I prefer, I haven't had Domino's subs, but I don't doubt that they're better than Subway's normal ones. The toasted ones, I have my doubts.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-01-04, 10:49 PM
About an hour ago, I had an epiphany on this thread. If you want healthy, and fast food, Subway far and away remains the best choice. that, and it is still really the only sub place I know of where you can customize what you get on it. Both Quiznos and Jimmy Johns, are you pick the sub, and it comes with X, Y, and Z, and you don't get to choose exactly what you'd like on it. To me, that's the number one reason I'd go to Subway over any other sub shop.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-04, 11:34 PM
About an hour ago, I had an epiphany on this thread. If you want healthy, and fast food, Subway far and away remains the best choice. that, and it is still really the only sub place I know of where you can customize what you get on it. Both Quiznos and Jimmy Johns, are you pick the sub, and it comes with X, Y, and Z, and you don't get to choose exactly what you'd like on it. To me, that's the number one reason I'd go to Subway over any other sub shop.

This is what I go for honestly, I rather eat something I want and not have it coated in grease then not get a choice and have it taste like the best thing in the world while it kills me with fat.

Orzel
2009-01-05, 01:27 AM
Luckily I live in Brooklyn. We have a pizzeria or deli 1/2 mile in any direction. Better price and taste (depending on the neighborhood). So i've touched neither in years. And no ad will change that.

Chain pizzerias lack the drivers to get your food at a decent time here anyway.

Khanderas
2009-01-05, 02:56 AM
Those of you who know me reasonably well are probably clued in to the fact that I really don't like Subway. However, lately Domino's has been doing a series of commercials in which their oven-baked subs beat Subway's 2-to-1 in a taste test.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a "jerk" move on their part? Don't get me wrong, I still loathe Subway's attempts to overcharge me in new and inventive ways, but the commercials I'm seeing for Domino's seem to be a very childish way to speak directly to Subway, saying, "Haw, haw, we are better!", rather than, y'know, advertising.
Not an expert in wherever it is where you are from, but where I am from, to mention another company and say you are better then they are, like in your example, is illegal. Hence all commercials compare themselves to "a leading brand" a more acceptable option.

kpenguin
2009-01-05, 03:53 AM
Not an expert in wherever it is where you are from, but where I am from, to mention another company and say you are better then they are, like in your example, is illegal. Hence all commercials compare themselves to "a leading brand" a more acceptable option.

They don't outright say "Subway", but they do use a fake subway chain in their commercials called "Submart" or something similar to that is obviously supposed to be Subway.

Philistine
2009-01-06, 02:20 AM
My bias runs the opposite direction. Ever since some smarmy little chickenlicker at the local Domino's told me that they don't deliver to my address (they do deliver to the address directly across the street from me), I have renounced them and all their works.

And perhaps it varies from location to location, but at the Quizno's I usually patronize you can order a "customized" sub. I've done it, and they handled it just fine. I usually don't bother - the prime rib and peppercorn sandwich already mentioned is one of several "stock" sandwiches which do just fine without a lot of fiddling - but I've never had any problem when I did feel like going off-menu.

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-07, 06:49 AM
They don't outright say "Subway", but they do use a fake subway chain in their commercials called "Submart" or something similar to that is obviously supposed to be Subway.

The commercial I'm referring to does outright say "Subway." They make a point of saying, "Subway" in the commercial. They then imply that those who eat at Subway are as intelligent as fifth-graders.

Tirian
2009-01-07, 04:56 PM

Unfortunately, the United States loosed regulations like that a few decades ago, and we can have actors and voice-overs freely expressing opinions. There isn't even a problem with paying an actor to pretend to be a "man on the street" who is "amazed" to "learn" that Brand X is inferior.

Indeed, you are even allowed to lie, as long as a reasonable person would know that you were kidding. (For instance, after one of the Olympics a few years back a lemonade mix company proclaimed itself to be "the official drink of summertime," trying to cash in on people's associations with Olympic sponsorship. Obviously they have no such certification because summertime does not hand out sponsorships, but it was found to be not illegal because anyone would be expected to come to that conclusion if they thought about it for a moment.) This wouldn't be such a problem if we taught viewers to be skeptical of all ad claims, but I fear that we don't follow through on the education end of it.

bilyso
2009-01-07, 09:18 PM
I personally perfer Subway and I think Dominos is being mean:smallfrown:

snoopy13a
2009-01-07, 09:24 PM
Luckily I live in Brooklyn. We have a pizzeria or deli 1/2 mile in any direction. Better price and taste (depending on the neighborhood). So i've touched neither in years. And no ad will change that.

Chain pizzerias lack the drivers to get your food at a decent time here anyway.

Well, Brooklyn might have the best pizza in the country. There's no sense going to a Domino's there...

I love NY style pizza by the way.

kpenguin
2009-01-31, 02:17 PM
It seems that Domino's has taken its aggressive ads up a notch (http://adage.com/article?article_id=134070).

Relevant part:

Subway responded to the Domino's campaign quickly, with a cease-and-desist letter from the Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, the franchisee organization that controls the brand's ad spending. Franchisees cited concern about Domino's methodology and the ability to make fair comparisons between the products.

But Domino's made it clear it wasn't going to quit running the taste-test ads. In its response to Subway's letter, CEO David Brandon declares, "Everything's better when it's oven-baked," and tosses the letter into a pizza oven. "Let's roll the commercial," he says.

The video in question. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_V_r6RCjNs)

Innis Cabal
2009-01-31, 02:37 PM
Wow, well....this is going to be interesting

Felixaar
2009-01-31, 07:20 PM
Why would anyone buy subs from Domino's? They sell pizza, a far superior life form.

UncleWolf
2009-01-31, 07:23 PM
Why would anyone buy subs from Domino's? They sell pizza, a far superior life form.

When it is after midnight and Subway is closed?
Their subs are actually pretty good. The only problem is that they have a very small selection.
Subway is good if you want a variety to choose from and if you have time.

Dihan
2009-01-31, 07:26 PM
I liked Subway. I liked it so much I had a sub every day for a week for my school lunch... Now I don't like them so much. That was a while ago, though.

I'm hungry now.

Felixaar
2009-01-31, 07:41 PM
When it is after midnight and Subway is closed?
Their subs are actually pretty good. The only problem is that they have a very small selection.
Subway is good if you want a variety to choose from and if you have time.

If you live here, everything is closed after midnight.

Except maybe in the city.

Moff Chumley
2009-01-31, 08:21 PM
I agree, and I personally agree with you, Subway does overcharge you... but when I not paying for it, it just taste so very good :smallamused:. But do you really think that a Pizza place, that has just recently been making subs, has a better sub than SUBway? Of course not. It might taste better, but you might die an hour later. Subway might not taste as goo,d but it still taste very good, and I'm fairly positive it's better for you than greasy ole Dominoes. But I'm not a nutritionist :smallbiggrin:.

Anyways, did dominoes ever release the actual results of said survey?

Did someone say, NUTRITIONAL ANTHROPOLOGIST?

I am SUCH a geek...

Felixaar
2009-01-31, 08:48 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if theres a word you can't but infront of Anthropologist and come up with a proffesion.

But then, that's not a bad thing....

Freako
2009-01-31, 10:03 PM

I am SUCH a geek...

*cue catchy theme music*

Great, now I have an irresistible urge to watch Good Eats. Not that that's a bad thing. Alton Brown is like, a culinary min/maxer or something.

On-topic: I haven't eaten at Subways or Domino's in years, so I don't care one way or the other. As for the ads, I can't say I approve, but advertising can be a dirty business. Best thing to do is ignore it and decide for yourself what's better.

By the way, anyone else prefer Publix subs over Subways, Quizno's, etc.? I dunno if my local Publix's deli is better than average, or what, but their subs are delicious.

Ravens_cry
2009-01-31, 10:31 PM
First off, I love pizza. It's a tomatoes cheesy goodness, jam packed with whatever you want else.
Thing is though, I like good pizza. And to me that means homemade. It's cheaper, and it's better. And, if you have pizza bottoms (or pitas, or soft tacos, or tortilla wrappers) and some sauce, it's probably quicker. I do know of one or two places that make such a damn good pizza, I will eat theirs.
But Dominoes isn't one of them.
Subway, I like them. By fastfood standards, most of it's pretty healthy, especially if you pile on the veggies. And I do like my veggies. Plus it's tasty, another advantage for Subway.
So, in comparing Dominoes to Subway, Subway winds hands down for me.
Your results may differ, but hey, your you, and I'm me. This is my opinion, and I stand on it, as my opinion. Unless you can prove that Subways vegetable suppliers water their crops with the tears of orphans, your not likely to change my mind.
But you can try.
edit: Quisnos, overpriced **** of grease.
In my opinion.