yup, it's official, I am an uncle to my brother's daughter, Emma Rose ____

my first reaction?
WHAT!?
then i realized my niece is tiny, adorable, and awesome :smallbiggrin:

I'll have pics up in the next few days
*commences dancing*

BizzaroStormy
2009-01-04, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the club... the buffet is over there... but we're out of EZ Cheese and crackers, so all we have is plates.

Alleine
2009-01-04, 03:09 AM
Aww, I want a niece!
I bet they're cuter when they aren't yours :smallamused:

thubby
2009-01-04, 03:28 AM
Aww, I want a niece!
I bet they're cuter when they aren't yours :smallamused:

seeing as how my brother hasn't gotten a decent night's sleep in 2 days (not to mention a shower:smalleek:), i would agree.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-04, 04:59 AM
Grongratulations!

Does your cousin having a baby count to?:smalltongue:

dish
2009-01-04, 05:02 AM
Does your cousin having a baby count too?:smalltongue:

If you are close to said cousin, yes it does.

Congrats thubby - once she gets a bit older you'll be able to do fun uncle things - like giving her noisy toys, and taking her out on trips to wind her up with artificial additives and then then returning her to her parents as soon as she gets difficult!

Allysian
2009-01-04, 12:15 PM
Exactly! Omg! Emma? Das my sisters name, a very fine name, I might add. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2009-01-04, 12:25 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin: And a beautiful name!

As an oldest child AND oldest cousin, I doubt I'm getting any nephews or nieces anytime soon. :smalltongue:

ghost_warlock
2009-01-04, 12:30 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin: And a beautiful name!

As an oldest child AND oldest cousin, I doubt I'm getting any nephews or nieces anytime soon. :smalltongue:

That's partly why I stole me a Rabbit. :smallamused::smallwink:

But, seriously, cousin-slash-best-friend has a daughter. Incidentally, she's named Emma Marie Caroline ________. She calls me 'cousin.' Would've been nice to have been considerd an uncle, but I suppose it's as good as I'll get. She's already got two actual uncles anyway.

Moff Chumley
2009-01-04, 01:26 PM
Congratulations!

I'm the oldest brother, but I have a (loser of a) cousin with two kids. They all live at my aunt and uncle's place. :smallyuk:

Fredthefighter
2009-01-04, 01:27 PM
I have too many cousins, I forget some of their names, but thats because I don't see them often, because they live in Ireland.
And good luck to you with your new and precious neice (Or is it spelt niece) may she grow up to be morally correct, intelligent, generous, noble and courageous.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2009-01-04, 01:38 PM
Congratulations, Thubby, and welcome to the club. (Your membership card is in the mail.) I am both an uncle and an "uncle."

When I found out my brother was going to have a son, my first thought was, "Dear Lord, he's breeding. He must be stopped!" But Xander turned out to be kinda cute anyway.

I am an "uncle" to my dearest friend Julie's kids, Kelier and Ruby.

But the title of the thread reminded me of a tale from before I was born. My father was in the Marines, and his older sister was about to give birth to her first child. Technology wasn't what it is today, so knowing the sex of the baby was a mystery. Thus, to save money, they worked out a code for the pending telegram my father would receive, with "aunt" for a girl and "uncle" for a boy.

My father must have been so proud on the day the telegram arrived. "You're an aunt!" :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, to you and your family, a hearty MAZELTOV! May little Emma Rose grow up happy and healthy.

Linkavitch
2009-01-04, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the club... the buffet is over there... but we're out of EZ Cheese and crackers, so all we have is plates.

That's okay. I like plates. Unless they're ceramic.

Fostire
2009-01-04, 08:25 PM
yup, it's official, I am an uncle to my brother's daughter, Emma Rose ____

my first reaction?
WHAT!?
then i realized my niece is tiny, adorable, and awesome :smallbiggrin:

I'll have pics up in the next few days
*commences dancing*

Awesome :smallbiggrin:. Curiously enough my 22nd cousin was born today as well. :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-01-04, 08:58 PM
I'm the eldest child. No neices for me, not for a long time.

Some of my cousins have children though...