PDA

View Full Version : Buying Iron Kingdoms Books

Waspinator
2009-01-04, 03:37 AM
I've decided to finally get my own copies of some of the Iron Kingdoms books instead of just mooching off of one of my friends but am having trouble finding them. Does anyone know where or how I could get the Character and World Guides for a reasonable price?

Curmudgeon
2009-01-04, 04:57 AM
That's a tough one. The Privateer Press online store doesn't list any of their books. I'd contact them: [email protected] or call at 425.643.5900.

Leon
2009-01-04, 06:04 AM
I was going to suggest Amazon and then i looked and saw they prices that were being asked for some of them...

Ellisande
2009-01-04, 06:06 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe they've gone out of print. I'd check used bookstores, either brick & mortar or online. That's where I got the couple I own, and I'm glad I found them!

Panda-s1
2009-01-04, 07:41 AM
No, they're definitely out of print. My coworker got both the character and world guide for Christmas from his mom. All I could say was "You have a really nice mom."

Ebay is probably the best place to look, but people know the worth of those books. Hell, a scan of the world guide doesn't even exist as far as I can tell.

RTGoodman
2009-01-04, 03:32 PM
I was going to suggest Amazon and then i looked and saw they prices that were being asked for some of them...

Yeah, me too...

I'm gonna have to agree with Ellisande - your best bet is gonna be a used bookstore of some sort. I think the major "chain" around here (Edward McKay's, which is really only like 4 stores) occasionally has IK stuff. Unfortunately, apparently, I've never picked any of it up.

Waspinator
2009-01-08, 03:41 PM
Did they massively under-print or something? These books are not that old and yet there much more difficult to find than any other d20 book I know of.

Another_Poet
2009-01-09, 11:03 AM
No, I think they did a pretty reasonable print run, for an independent 3rd party publisher. The problem is that IK was way MORE popular than expected. So well-written... so cool. I suspect it's probably the best-selling NON-wotc 3.5 setting.

The real shame here is that Privateer Press hasn't released the books as pdfs. They could make so much money.

Waspinator
2009-01-09, 05:24 PM
The obvious question is then "why haven't they made more of them?" Privateer hasn't done any 4th edition stuff, so they can still make 3.5 books. They could reprint the Iron Kingdoms books with no legal problem whatsoever and the insane eBay and Amazon prices imply to me that it could be very profitable.