PDA

View Full Version : Bowsneak

Frog Dragon
2009-01-04, 08:03 AM
This is a little something my brain farted out last night.

Bowsneaks are rogue who have dedicated more effort to using a bow. They learn to use the bow along with stealth to a devastating effect

Entry Requirements
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Special: Proficiency with a bow or a crossbow, Sneak Attack 2d6

HD: d6
BOWSNEAK
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|Sneak Attack 1d6, Vital Shot

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+0|Bowsneak Shot +3 40ft, Uncanny Dodge

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|Sneak Attack 2d6

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|Bowsneak Shot +6 50ft

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|Snak Attack 3d6, Improved Uncanny Dodge

6th|
+6|
+2|
+5|
+2|Bowsneak Shot +9 60ft

7th|
+7|
+2|
+5|
+2|Sneak Attack 4d6

8th|
+8|
+2|
+6|
+2|Bowsneak Shot +12 70ft

9th|
+9|
+3|
+6|
+3|Sneak Attack 5d6, Masterful Firing

10th|
+10|
+3|
+7|
+3|Bowsneak Shot +15 80ft[/table]
Class Skills
The class skills for a Bowsneak are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge: Local (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), (Profession) (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Rope (Dex)
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int Modifier

Weapon Profiencies
Bowsneaks get no additional weapon or armor profiencies

Class Features
Sneak Attack (Ex)
See rogue class feature

Bowsneak Shot (Ex)
You learn to shoot precisely from a longer distance and hide yourself more effectively when shooting.
You gain the indicated bonus to hide checks when sniping and your Sneak Attack range increases to the indicated amount starting at level 2 and increasing every two levels.

Vital Shot (Ex)
You learn to strike in vulnerable spots of your enemy. Not punch through by sheer force
You may apply your Dexterity bonus to damage to all attacks made with a bow/crossbow. This may be done even if the bpw wouldn't normally allow a Strenght bonus. You have a cap of +1 dex bonus per class level. At tenth level the cap is remover

Masterful Firing (Ex)
You learn to dodge effectively while you fire
You no longer provoke Attacks of Opportunity while shooting with a bow or a crossbow

Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
See rogue class feature

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
See rogue class feature

This is a little bit of option for ranged rogues. This one can do good with mostly just Dex. Dex does hitting, damage and AC for you. So what do you think is it balanced?

Athaniar
2009-01-04, 04:17 PM
I don't know if the class is good or not, but the name needs improvement. Also, based on Haley?

Baron Corm
2009-01-04, 04:31 PM
Looks pretty darn good to me. It's just overloaded with the miscellaneous rogue class features, though. I would get rid of Trap Sense and Uncanny Dodge. If you're focusing on the bow, and getting such great bonuses to it, you should have to give up something. Also I would move Masterful Firing to level 10 to keep people interested in taking all 10 levels, not sure why you put it at 9.

Frog Dragon
2009-01-04, 04:45 PM
Yeah I might remove trap sense. Well I had a bit of haley imagery rolling around, but I made it mostly for my friends character who plays an archer rogue. But I'll not edit now. must sleep. Tomorrow night maybe because I'm gone most for the day to DM a game.