PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Two-fisted shooter

Hal
2009-01-04, 10:40 AM
What's the best way to utilize Two-Fisted Shooter?

At first I went straight to a character dual-wielding hand crossbows. However, that really only gives you the benefit of making an extra attack when you score a critical hit.

My next thought was a crossbow in one hand and a blade in the other. This gives you versatility; select powers that can use either a light blade or a ranged weapon, and you can do the same things wherever you are on the battlefield. The only downside to this is that you'll provoke an AoO if you score a critical hit while in melee range.

Or am I missing something? Is there a better use for this? Or is there a better way to get the same outcome?

NPCMook
2009-01-04, 10:43 AM
What's the best way to utilize Two-Fisted Shooter?

At first I went straight to a character dual-wielding hand crossbows. However, that really only gives you the benefit of making an extra attack when you score a critical hit.

My next thought was a crossbow in one hand and a blade in the other. This gives you versatility; select powers that can use either a light blade or a ranged weapon, and you can do the same things wherever you are on the battlefield. The only downside to this is that you'll provoke an AoO if you score a critical hit while in melee range.

Or am I missing something? Is there a better use for this? Or is there a better way to get the same outcome?

Playing a Drow with the Drow Fighting Style Feat, it allows them to use a hand crossbow in Melee without provoking AoO