PDA

View Full Version : Electric Guitar (Wondrous Item)

Bakkan
2009-01-04, 06:18 PM
Saw someone mention that they wanted to see an elecric guitar statted up and thought I'd give it a go. Enjoy!

Guitar, Electric

This thin plastic or metal guitar is strung with metal strings the guitar is considered a masterwork instrument. Anyone using the Guitar who has at least 8 ranks in Perform (Electric Guitar) can cause the guitar to emit a very loud screech. This screech causes 4d6 sonic damage to and deafens all creatures in a cone-shaped emanation 80 feet long. A successful DC 17 Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the deafness. Additionally, any wielder proficient with the Electric Guitar can use it as a weapon once per day as a standard action. The guitar is treated as a +2 Greataxe for all effects related to weapon attacks and damage. On a successful critical hit with the guitar, the guitar also deals 3d6 electricity damage to the target.

Moderate evocation; CL 9th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, shout, shocking grasp; Price 20,000 gp; Weight 4 lb.

Debihuman
2009-01-04, 06:38 PM
I would think using an electric guitar as a weapon would cause bludgeoning damage rather than slashing damage. I'd put it more like a Greatclub for damage On a critical failure, the electrical guitar short circuits and bursts into flames.

Debby

Limos
2009-01-04, 06:39 PM
I would think using an electric guitar as a weapon would cause bludgeoning damage rather than slashing damage. I'd put it more like a Greatclub for damage On a critical failure, the electrical guitar short circuits and bursts into flames.

Debby

http://www.kmate.com.au/images/uploads/Guitar/Electric/elec-axe-main2.jpg

^ This is why it would do slashing damage.

Debihuman
2009-01-04, 06:46 PM
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sq/squier-cyclone-electric-guitar-black.jpg

This is one that does bludgeoning damage.

Debby

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-01-04, 06:51 PM
Did someone say Piercing?

--Picture of spiky guitar here...until Debihuman pointed out what was on it. I swear...I hadn't noticed :smalleek:--

Debihuman
2009-01-04, 06:55 PM
Now Djinn, that's a thong and buttcheek stealing guitar!

Debby

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-01-04, 07:02 PM
Wow. I hadn't even noticed. I just looked at the shape.
:smalleek:

DracoDei
2009-01-04, 07:07 PM
The limitation on being used as a weapon seems SLIGHTLY out of place...

And I think the paint-job on that last one indicates it has the anarchic and/or unholy enchantments on it...