PDA

View Full Version : [Screen name] Mohkomancer

Mohko
2004-07-29, 05:41 PM
Many paths lead to knowledge. Research is the common method. Some sell their souls. Some transform themselves into Mohkoes. These individuals, known as Mohkomancers learn the secrets of Mohkoes, or möhköes as they are called in their own language.

Hit die: d4

Requirements: To qualify to become a Mohkomancer, the character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Base Will save: +6
Skills: 10 ranks in any knowledge skill.
Feats: Skill focus: knowledge (any)
Spells: Able to cast 4th-level arcane spells without preparation.

Class skills: The Mohkomancer's class skills (and the key ability to each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (int), Disable Device (int), Escape artist (Dex), Knowledge(all skills taken seperately) (Int), Profession (Wis) and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill points at each level: 4 + Int modifier

{table]

Level

BAB

Fort

Refl

Will
Special
Spells

1st

+0

+0

+0

+2
Tendrils
-

2nd

+1

+0

+0

+3
Mohkomancy 1/day
+1 existing caster level

3rd

+1

+1

+1

+3
Language of Mohkoes
+1 existing caster level

4th

+2

+1

+1

+4
Mohkomancy 2/day
+1 existing caster level

5th

+2

+1

+1

+4
Size of Mohko
+1 existing caster level

6th

+3

+2

+2

+5
Mohkomancy 3/day
+1 existing caster level

7th

+3

+2

+2

+5
Shape of Mohko
+1 existing caster level

8th

+4

+2

+2

+6
Mohkomancy 4/day
+1 existing caster level

9th

+4

+3

+3

+6
Speed of Mohko
+1 existing caster level

10th

+5

+3

+3

+7
Mohkomancy at will, True Mohko, Liquid form
-

[/table]
Class Features
All the following are class features of the Mhokomancer prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Mohkomancers gain proficiency with tendrils.

Spellcasting: When a new level of Mohkomancer is gained except for 1st and 10th, the character gains new spells per day and spells known as if he had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class in which he could cast 4th level spells without preparation. He does not, however gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (such as bardic music of bardic knowledge.) If the character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a mohkomancer, the player must decide to which class to add each mohkomancer level for determining spells per day, spells known and caster level.

Tendril: At 1st level Mohkomancer a pink tendri growsl out of Mohkomancer's skull. Mohkomancer gains a tendril slap attack for 1d4 points of damage (for medium sized tendril). This tendril can also be used to hold items and cast spells.

Mohkomancy(ex): At 2nd level Mohkomancer can tap into the knowledge of all living mohkoes and add his mohkomancer level to a single knowledge check. This ability can be used once per day for every two mohkomancer levels. Additionally, when Mohkomancer is using mohkomancy, he is considered trained at the knowledge he is using even if he has no ranks in it.

Language of Mohkoes(ex): At 3rd level Mohkomancer learns the language of mohkoes. As a side efect he gains the ability to pronounce "möhkö"

Size of Mohko(ex) At 5th level Mohkomancer's size changes into tiny. Tendril slap does now only 1d2 points of damage.

Shape of Mohko(ex) At 7th level Mohkomancer transforms into a Mohko. He becomes a pink half-ball with two eyes and a mouth at one side. His hands transform into tendrils like the one on his head. Because Mohkoes lack legs, Mohkomancer's land speed becomes 10 ft. It now gains a +2 circumstance bonus on all diplomacy, bluff and gather information checks when dealing with people who think it's cute. It also gains a -2 circumstance penalty on all intimidate checks when dealing with people who think it's cute.

(If you have trouble picturing what a Mohko looks like, just look at my avatar. 8))

Speed of Mohko(ex) At 9th level Mohkomancer has learned to move faster in it's new shape. It's speed is now 20 ft.

True Mohko(ex): At 10th level mohkomancer has attuned itself so close to Mohkoes, that it becomes one. It becomes an aberration and immune to critical hits. At this point Mohkomancer has accumulated all the knowledge of Mohkoes. It can use mohkomancy at will.

Liquid form(ex): At 10th level mohkomancer can change into a liquid form and back as a standard action at will. This doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. A Mohkomancer in liquid form can't cast any spells involving somatic, verbal, material or focus components.
When a mohkomancer changes into liquid form it and all its gear become a pink watery substance. Any material armor, natural armor becomes useless, though it's size, dexterity, deflection bonuses, and armor bonuses from force effects still apply. the subject gains damage reduction 10/magic and bludgeoning and becomes immune to poison and critical hits (though it's already immune to critical hits.) Mohkomancer loses supernatural abilities while in liquid form. If it has touch spell ready to use, that spell affects the first creature that steps or otherwise touches Mohkomancer. A mohkomancer in liquid form can't run, but it can slide in ground at a speed of 10ft (20 ft if it moves downhill) It can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks as long as it remains in liquid form. It can't manipulate objects or actiivate items. Continously active items remain active.
If mohkomancer is grappling when he transforms into liquid form he isn't grappling anymore.

clarified prerequisites, liquid form, cuteness modifiers and fixed a few typo's.
added "and bludgeoning" to liquid form's DR, fixed a few typo's.

Fsi-Dib
2004-07-29, 05:54 PM
Hahaha! This one has a great humor value!

Funny that it gets an Intimidate penalty... I, for one, would fear a tiny pink tentacle monster that can cast fireballs. Yes, sirree. :-X

Mohko
2004-07-29, 06:02 PM
That intimidate penalty comes from cuteness. You might fear a tiny pink tentacle monster with fireballs, but a cute tentacle monster is a different thing. ;)

kirellagen
2004-07-29, 08:42 PM
This class should definately win the humorous award. I love it

Kire

Gilgamesh
2004-07-30, 04:59 AM
What do you mean by spontaneous casting? Like a druid or cleric?

Mohko
2004-07-30, 05:09 AM
Like a sorcerer or bard.

Oh well, I'll modify it to be better understandable.

mimicgogo
2004-07-30, 05:36 AM
Heh, this is just hilarious. I can't even say Mohkomancers without laughing. Just out of the most morbid of curiosities, where does the Mohko come from? Heh, seriously, hilarious.

Mohko
2004-07-30, 05:42 AM
Well, one day at 6th grade (or was it 5th? Can't remember.) I was really bored. That's how Möhkö came to be. But since most people don't know the letter "ö" it changed into Mohko.

Zherog
2004-07-30, 02:17 PM
http://www.wizards.com/community/images/boards/graemlins/roflmao.gif

Thanks for the laugh, Mohko! Comments are below.

Requirements: To qualify to become a Mohkomancer, the character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Base Will save: +6
Skills: 10 ranks in any knowledge skill.
Feats: Skill focus: knowledge (any)
Spells: Able to cast 4th-level arcane spells without preparation.

Decent requirements. So, basically, you have to be an 8th level sorcerer to get in. Or an even higher level bard of course.

Class skills: The Mohkomancer's class skills (and the key ability to each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (int), Disable Device (int), Escape artist (Dex), Knowledge(all skills taken seperately) (Int), Profession (Wis) and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill points at each level: 4 + Int modifier

The skill list and skills per level are improving for a sorcerer. Somehow, though, I don't think it's a great bonus to this class. ;)

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Mohkomancers gain proficiency with tendrils.

Always good to specify that. ;)

Tendril: At 1st level Mohkomancer a pink tendri growsl out of Mohkomancer's skull. Mohkomancer gains a tendril slap attack for 1d4 points of damage (for medium sized tendril). This tendril can also be used to hold items and cast spells.

Does the tendril qualify as a "hand/arm" for the purposes of the "Multiweapon" feat? ;)

Mohkomancy(ex): At 2nd level Mohkomancer can tap into the knowledge of all living mohkoes and add his mohkomancer level to a single knowledge check. This ability can be used once for every two mohkomancer levels. Additionally, when Mohkomancer is using mohkomancy, he is considered trained at the knowledge he is using even if he has no ranks in it.

Provide me a little clarification. This would be a per day ability, and the Mohkomancer can pick a different skill every time he wants to use it?

Language of Mohkoes: At 3rd level Mohkomancer learns the language of mohkoes. As a side efect he gains the ability to pronounce "möhkö"

I guess I'm not a 3rd level 'mancer. I would assume it's pronounced moe KO. I'm probably wrong.

Size of Mohko At 5th level Mohkomancer's size changes into tiny. Tendril slap does now only 1d2 points of damage.

Being size tiny means he will have to move into an enemy's square to attack. This provokes an attack of opportunity. Just making sure you're aware.

Shape of Mohko At 7th level Mohkomancer transforms into a Mohko. He becomes a pink half-ball with two eyes and a mouth at one side. His hands transform into tendrils like the one on his head. Because Mohkoes lack legs, Mohkomancer's land speed becomes 10 ft. It now gains a +2 circumstance bonus on all diplomacy, bluff and gather information checks when dealing with people who think it's cute. It also gains a -2 circumstance penalty on all intimidate checks when dealing with people who think it's cute.

http://www.wizards.com/community/images/boards/graemlins/roflmao.gif

True Mohko: At 10th level mohkomancer has attuned itself so close to Mohkoes, that it becomes one. It becomes an aberration and immune to critical hits. At this point Mohkomancer has accumulated all the knowledge of Mohkoes. It can use mohkomancy at will.

So what this essentially means is he can add a +10 to every knowledge check, and treat each check as though he had at least one rank in the skill. Is that correct?

Liquid form(ex): <<snipped>>

Interesting ability. Some other DR's might also apply - for example, I would think DR 10/Magic and bludgeoning would make more sense. Essentially, it would have to be a magical bludgeoning weapon (such as a mace) to overcome the DR. I can't really see a piercing or slashing weapon harming a puddle. ;)

This class was a very fun read. Thanks!

Mohko
2004-07-30, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the laugh, Mohko! Comments are below.

My pleasure.

The skill list and skills per level are improving for a sorcerer. Somehow, though, I don't think it's a great bonus to this class. ;)

The focus of this class (aside from being silly) is knowledge. It seemed fitting.

Does the tendril qualify as a "hand/arm" for the purposes of the "Multiweapon" feat? ;)

Yes.

Provide me a little clarification. This would be a per day ability, and the Mohkomancer can pick a different skill every time he wants to use it?

Yes.

So what this essentially means is he can add a +10 to every knowledge check, and treat each check as though he had at least one rank in the skill. Is that correct?

Yes. Mohkoes are about knowledge.

Interesting ability. Some other DR's might also apply - for example, I would think DR 10/Magic and bludgeoning would make more sense. Essentially, it would have to be a magical bludgeoning weapon (such as a mace) to overcome the DR. I can't really see a piercing or slashing weapon harming a puddle. ;)

You have a point there.

Thanks for the input.

This (http://www.mikropuhe.com/demo.asp?f=1010460827376) is what a "Möhkö" sounds like. Type "Möhkö" in the big white box and click on "Kuuntele puhe" button. Now you can proudly claim to be a level 3 mohkomancer if you have a tentackle in your head.

Starbuck_II
2004-07-30, 05:02 PM
"Size of Mohko At 5th level Mohkomancer's size changes into tiny. Tendril slap does now only 1d2 points of damage."

Being size tiny means he will have to move into an enemy's square to attack. This provokes an attack of opportunity. Just making sure you're aware.

Maybe make the reach of a tendril is now 10 feet or 5 feet so he can reach the opponent?

Mohko
2004-07-30, 05:28 PM
Maybe make the reach of a tendril is now 10 feet or 5 feet so he can reach the opponent?

Why would a mohkomancer want to reach an opponent? I don't see it really neccessary. If you want to, you can just take the feat from savage species that makes your tentackles have a longer reach. Extended reach it was called I think.

Starbuck_II
2004-07-30, 06:50 PM
Shouldn't you post that ability yu can take: befcause many people including me do'nt know about it.

You say why longer reach when tiny? Because you can't do attacks of opportuity as well and must move into enemies space or you can't attack with it.

Why make a tendril have damage if he can't use it ???

Zherog
2004-07-30, 08:39 PM
Shouldn't you post that ability yu can take: befcause many people including me do'nt know about it.

I'll cover that one, since I brought it up. Multiweapon is a "Monster" feat that can be found in the Monster Manual. Here's the text from the SRD:

MULTIWEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: Dex 13, three or more hands.
Benefit: Penalties for fighting with multiple weapons are reduced by 2 with the primary hand and reduced by 6 with off hands.
Normal: A creature without this feat takes a –6 penalty on attacks made with its primary hand and a –10 penalty on attacks made with its off hands. (It has one primary hand, and all the others are off hands.) See Two-Weapon Fighting.
Special: This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.

Mohko
2004-07-31, 04:33 AM
Why make a tendril have damage if he can't use it ???

Why does unarmed strike do damage? Any spellcaster worth his salt won't use it anyway. Tendril slap is Mohkomancer's unarmed strike even though it does real damage. It's Mohko-like to have three tendrils, so tendrils they shall have.

If you really want to use those tendrils for attacking, I suppose you could wield a two handed weapon with three tendrils and gain your STR*2 to damage instead of STR*1,5. If it's a reach weapon you have once again your 5' reach.

Oh, and as for Extend reach I can't post it, because Savage Species isn't OGL and by posting specific things from it breaks the copyright laws.