PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Quick Question about the Gnome

Burley
2009-01-05, 09:33 AM
I'm gonna be playing a Gnome Swordmage soon, and the DM is allowing this under the clause that when the PHB2 comes out I rebuild my character with the gnome that is rumored to be in there.
So, my question: Is there already a preview or anything about what the new'd gnome will be? I'm hoping for some ability bonus changes (as charisma will be effectively useless to me...), and maybe a little bit more background into the societies that 4e assumes.
Spoilers if you can, Links if you must. Thanks, Playground.

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-05, 09:37 AM
Nothing. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-4th-edition-rules/224280-compiled-info-upcoming-classes-races.html)

They're short mischievous fey with a penchant for illusions and shrubbery.

Don't expect any changes.

Blackfang108
2009-01-05, 09:40 AM
The bonus won't change.

They've done Drow, Warforged, Minotaur, and Gnoll, and none of the bonuses have changed.

Some things might change for the Gnome. Minor changes, though.

Talya
2009-01-05, 09:42 AM
Interesting link. Adding (renamed) Aasimar back in? Sweet. There's still hope I'll someday play a 4e game.

Suleman
2009-01-05, 10:13 AM
The bonus won't change.

They've done Drow, Warforged, Minotaur, and Gnoll, and none of the bonuses have changed.

Some things might change for the Gnome. Minor changes, though.

Well, the minotaur and the bugbear lost their Oversized ability, and the various racial feats and such can really give the race additional possibilites.

KKL
2009-01-05, 10:22 AM
Well, the minotaur and the bugbear lost their Oversized ability, and the various racial feats and such can really give the race additional possibilites.

Correction, Bugbears haven't lost them yet. They will, though.

Izmir Stinger
2009-01-05, 12:44 PM
I'm gonna be playing a Gnome Swordmage soon, and the DM is allowing this under the clause that when the PHB2 comes out I rebuild my character with the gnome that is rumored to be in there.
So, my question: Is there already a preview or anything about what the new'd gnome will be? I'm hoping for some ability bonus changes (as charisma will be effectively useless to me...), and maybe a little bit more background into the societies that 4e assumes.
Spoilers if you can, Links if you must. Thanks, Playground.

I don't expect the stuff in the back of the Monster manual to change much, if at all. Drow didn't. Bad news on CHA. The racial encounter power won't help your Swordmage either. Might want to change races (if only we could do that in real life).

RTGoodman
2009-01-05, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I doubt the ability bonuses will change, and I can't really think of anything else that might (except the addition of racial feats), so I think you're probably out of luck on the PHB2 front.

Fortunately, I've got another idea - over at the Dragonlance Nexus there's a Races of Ansalon 4E Conversion (http://www.dlnexus.com/fan/rules/20555.aspx) PDF you can download, and it has not one but FOUR Gnome races (Tinker Gnomes, Half-Gnomes, Mad Gnomes, and Wild Gnomes). Take a look at those with your DM and see if you might can use some of those stats instead (particularly the Half-Gnome - +2 Con, +2 Int is pretty good for a Swordsage, I'd say).