PDA

View Full Version : Wondorous Item : Gem of Soul Alignment

Voldecanter
2009-01-06, 10:09 AM
Base Item Ruby Gem (5,000gp aprox.)

Requirements : Magick Jar (Partial)

Item : Single use , Use-Activated

The Item when Firmly grasped will tap into the caster's soul and change one aspect (Ability Score) of him and interchange it for another .

The user must sacrifice something of himself in order for the gem to sync with his soul .
- 1 ability score
- 1d4 hit points permanently
- Years of Life (%d100)

Cost to Make : Magick Jar*4750gp , 190 xp , 4.7 days to make
After that , the Gem of Soul Alignment will be created .

DracoDei
2009-01-06, 01:43 PM
So you reduce one ability score by one point (or lose some other thing) and gain one point in any ability score?
And I assume you didn't remember what level magic jar is, so you just left it in there to be multiplied by all the other stuff (since your base is more expensive than the cost you list)?

Voldecanter
2009-01-06, 02:41 PM
So you reduce one ability score by one point (or lose some other thing) and gain one point in any ability score?
And I assume you didn't remember what level magic jar is, so you just left it in there to be multiplied by all the other stuff (since your base is more expensive than the cost you list)?

Well actually , Magic Jar is a level five spell , and I used half of 5,000 g as part as the main creation cost , along with magic jar , becuase , that is what the rules state , However , I did assume that one would already have the Ruby Gem in their possesion , but if they don't then I guess they can add the Item cost to the Item Creation Cost .

And the Way the Gem Works is that : You Switch One (WHOLE) Ability Score for another (Whole) Ability Score but you have to give up something for the gem to get a feel for your soul .

For Example : You make this Item , You have 15 Strength and 17 Dexterity but you want the 17 in Strength , So you Use this Gem , and decide to give up 1d4 health permanenty , then the gem recognizes your soul and you Switch Dexterity for Strength and Now you have 17 Strength and 15 Dexterity .

I hope that clears things up for you .

Luean
2009-01-06, 04:18 PM
When i saw this thread, i thought it would be about a gem, that changes ones alignment (like, good to evil) ^^

In my oppinion, changing (for example) strength and dexterity (or constitution) has nothing to do with your soul. :smallconfused:

Voldecanter
2009-01-06, 04:28 PM
When i saw this thread, i thought it would be about a gem, that changes ones alignment (like, good to evil) ^^

In my oppinion, changing (for example) strength and dexterity (or constitution) has nothing to do with your soul. :smallconfused:

Thank you For your feedback

Through the necromatic energies that one employs when using this item , The Gem "Aligns" With ones soul , and thus through more necromatic energies one can warp and change their spirits , bodies and minds through a "deal" or pact or whatever you want to call it , with the Extremely Powerful Forces attracted to the magick of the Gem . You in all cases must give up a part of yourself to get what you want , (Some can Argue that you taint or give up a portion of your soul ) .

Although , one could make an item based on what you though the gem would do , a cursed Gem that when touched by a greedy adventurer would be completely tainted , or purified through the magick of the gem , for as long as the gem remained in the adventurers possesion .