PDA

View Full Version : Critical Hit Feats

Harperfan7
2009-01-06, 03:09 PM
Some feats in my campaign that give warrior types high-end power.

Greater Critical
Pre: Bab +16, Improved Critical
Benefit: Increases crit multiplier by 1.

Slayer/Sniper (based on fallout perks)
Pre: Bab +18, Improved Crit, Power Crit, Greater Crit
Benefit: Threatened crits are automatically crits (requiring no second attack roll)

Martial Paragon
Pre: Bab +20, Slayer or Sniper
Benefit: Anytime you roll a natural 20 with the weapon you took the Slayer or Sniper feat with, roll against the same AC with the same attack bonus, if this second attack hits, the target must make a Fortitude save against DC 10 + 1/2 your Bab + your primary weapon ability modifier (Str or Dex) or be killed/brought to 0 hit points, regardless of type. The attack has to bypass damage reduction in order to be effective.

Baron Corm
2009-01-06, 04:08 PM
What's Power Crit?

Also, it's impossible for any class but a fighter to get more than one of these. You get one feat at BAB +15 and one feat at BAB +18. And Martial Paragon says you need to take them with a specific weapon, but the others don't.

I don't think these increase the power of melee types. None of them take effect unless you actually critical... which is rare. They don't increase the chance at all.

Harperfan7
2009-01-06, 04:55 PM
Power Critical is a feat from Complete Warrior, it adds +4 to the confirmation roll of any critical hit from a specific weapon.

You can always multiclass into fighter for a couple extra bonus feats, especially if you get into the low epics.

All of them are only with a specific weapon, just like improved critical.
(A melee weapon is Slayer, a ranged weapon is Sniper)

A scimitar with improved Crit is 15-20, so with slayer, a quarter of your attack rolls are automatically crits (Vorpal? Two Weapon Fighting? Speed?)

A waraxe with Slayer would be 19-20/x4, so one tenth of your attacks would do quadruple damage.

A 20th two weapon fighter can have up to 9 attacks with speed weapons.

With Martial Paragon, you can take down big monsters, constructs, undead, elementals, whatever, in one hit if you get lucky and they fail a save.

Do I have to explains everything:smallwink:?