PDA

View Full Version : Reactions To The Ending To The New Prince Of Persia (Spoiler Ahead, Of Course)

Leliel
2009-01-06, 03:56 PM
OK, this is a place where you can post your thoughts on the new Prince of Persia game's ending.

So, here's mine:

Great going, Prince. You've completely screwed over the world to save a woman you've only known for a week or so, and it is probable that you will be turned into a Corrupted.

Oh yeah, and she probably hates you now.

It was still a good ending though.

Comet
2009-01-12, 12:25 PM
My first thought was that there must've been an alternate ending I missed.
But then I realised that they were setting things up for a sequel. A sequel of REDEMPTION. Very hip, like.

Liked the ending, suited the prince's character to a dot.
"I've had too many experiences of men doing stupid things for women."
"Don't worry. I only do stupid things for myself."
And so he did.

The Evil Thing
2009-01-14, 11:42 AM
I guess the chap who wrote the endings fell victim to the anti-smile culls when Ubisoft was making Warrior Within.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-14, 01:35 PM
I don't think he'd have done what he did if he didn't think he could take Ahriman down once and for all. You've gotta admit that caging the Big Bad is rarely an effective solution, Ahriman himself being a prominent example. The only way to rid the world of his influence is to kill him once and for all. Odds are the sequel(s) will involve weakening him enough that he can be truly killed.

psycojester
2009-01-17, 10:01 AM
Personally i think it was happened too suddenly for it to be an effective ending. I mean the two of you have gone through all this work to cure the land and she obviously knew what it was going to involve and then the Prince turns around undoes all their work and repeats the same mistakes as her father at the drop of a hat. It just makes him seem like a selfish moron.

It would have been a more effective ending if they'd had the credits playing as the Prince carried her body down the hallway and placed it on the tomb and then had, for example, the Prince sitting at the foot of the tomb with his head in his hands, Ahriman constantly whispering to him. Two days past in fast-forward as the credits continue to roll, when they eventually end the Prince gets to his feet, looks down at Elika and then proceeds to chop down the tree.

At least that way it would have seemed like he actually thought about what he was doing instead of just "lulz i go chop teh treez undoing hard werk is da fun :smallsmile:"