PDA

View Full Version : Your Alignment

Thurnis
2009-01-06, 11:01 PM
I may or may not be the only person who does this. But sometimes when thinking about how I describe people I know, I cant help but think of them in terms of the moral/ethical 3rd edition D&D alignments.
Needless to say this has caused me to scour the web in search of well constructed alignment quizzes. It didn't take long to find the "official" one, but I wonder about its accuracy.

So I'd be curious to have other people take the test, answering more or less as they would in real life, and report back.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

For my part, I tend to end up with Lawful Good, but depending on my mood I could change an answer or two to get Neutral Good or Lawful Neutral. Generally consistent I suppose. Thoughts?

lisiecki
2009-01-06, 11:04 PM
Oh this one i know
I'm chaotic evil
Not because im a bad ass, but because
"He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized."

And yet, my employment is advocating for the mentally and physical disabled...
Makes ya wonder

RTGoodman
2009-01-06, 11:10 PM
Like most of us NPCs, I'm Neutral. Not like "defend the Balance" Neutral, but like "I'm not really Good, but I'm not really Evil, and not specifically Chaotic or Lawful, either" Neutral.

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-06, 11:17 PM
Like most of us NPCs, I'm Neutral. Not like "defend the Balance" Neutral, but like "I'm not really Good, but I'm not really Evil, and not specifically Chaotic or Lawful, either" Neutral.

This. According to that test I'm Lawful Good, but it's biased.

SadisticFishing
2009-01-06, 11:22 PM
Lawful Good. Yup.

Assassin89
2009-01-06, 11:24 PM
I usually get Lawful Good or one step from it

Blue Ghost
2009-01-06, 11:34 PM
Strangely enough, I consider myself Lawful Good, though the test gives me Neutral Good. I'm definitely Lawful in the sense that I have a strict moral code which I adhere to under all circumstances. But I'm Neutral, leaning toward Chaotic, with respect to my feelings toward authority and tradition.
Lately, I've been kind of leaning toward neutral on the law/chaos axis. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Harperfan7
2009-01-06, 11:34 PM
Chaotic Good

The Neoclassic
2009-01-06, 11:41 PM
I can never think of real-life people in DnD alignments. It's hard enough for me to keep imaginary characters in those boxes, much less my friends. :smallsmile:

LN is my result. Yes, I like bureaucracy and organization. However, I mostly stay in line with the rules to stay on the good side of the powers that be (parents, professors, etc) so that I can have more freedom. I am also annoyingly strange at times and have a serious lack of respect for tradition.

Again, I don't think AL fits in real life, useful as it is in-game.

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-06, 11:43 PM
Again, I don't think AL fits in real life, useful as it is in-game.

That's because you, and most of the people you know, are neutral.

Tengu_temp
2009-01-06, 11:46 PM
That's because you, and most of the people you know, are neutral.

If you ask me, roughly 50% of real life people are neutral, 25% are good and 25% are evil. And similar case with neutral/lawful/chaotic. You don't need to be a saint to be good, you don't need to be a monster to be evil - it's the intentions that matter most. And many more people walk through life with good or evil intentions than you think.

Harperfan7
2009-01-06, 11:56 PM
I agree, I think a lot of the people who don't understand alignment are neutral. Same for people who think it's "too restrictive."

Ozymandias
2009-01-07, 12:12 AM
Tested Neutral Good, agree.

I think most people are good, insofar as people can have alignments (which really isn't very far at all). I think that people have impulses towards good and evil, and can obviously go to either extreme, but in my opinion the median is that of someone who is shaped principally by society, and societies generally favor altruism and kindness and selflessness and almost never favor murder or anarchy or whatever.

One could argue that they aren't "inherently" good and therefore are neutral, but I don't really like that argument because it implies that peoples' reactions to their environments are not part of their selves at all.

I don't think that alignment applies very well to real life in the first place, but I realize that like all moral philosophies (and, come to that, all philosophies) are subjective and ultimately arbitrary. I still don't find it as satisfying as my "religious" views (secular humanist, if that counts, which it doesn't.)

It's not really fair to say that people who don't like Dungeons and Dragons' alignment system tend not to care about good or evil, though. That's kind of a low blow.

monty
2009-01-07, 12:25 AM
I vary among (Neutral/Chaotic) (Good/Neutral), based on the several tests I've taken.

Mando Knight
2009-01-07, 12:31 AM
Lawful Good, born and raised.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-07, 12:36 AM
Definitely true neutral. I believe in good, but there are times when I just don't care and believe more in being bad ass. I also believe in law and order, but again, depending one the situation, I think it's okay to break the rules.

I'm also Lawful Awesome, Neutral Kick-Ass, and Chaotic Sexy.:smallbiggrin:

The Neoclassic
2009-01-07, 12:43 AM
I agree, I think a lot of the people who don't understand alignment are neutral. Same for people who think it's "too restrictive."

Sorry, but hogwash. We cannot respond it kind because we do not so classify, heh. I think it gets down a lot to one's view of morality, especially absolute vs. relative.

Yes, but D&D rules I'm probably neutral because I am indecisive. However, most people I know have done some pretty bad things and some pretty good ones. No, no one has killed anyone or saved someone's life, but if those are necessary for evil and good, then the vast majority of the population is neutral! I view alignments in D&D as representing trends over time, a mix of intent and action, and take them realistically. Low-level evil that goes around stealing and murdering is quickly dead; clearly there are subtler ways.

I'd also like to point out that in such quizzes we often tend to idealize ourselves. I mean, look at the Zimbardo prison experiment; no one thinks they'd do something like that but normal people do crazy stuff. I know most of our decisions are not so serious, but the quiz asks about stuff like saving the king or risking our lives. I know I was biased and picked the more cowardly of two when I was up in the air. Why? I think it'd be unrealistic to get overly optimistic in how I'd act under pressure. So, quiz accuracy, not too swell, and it is the official WotC source on finding our AL!

And, yeah, if you make things loose enough, of course everyone can fit into an alignment. My point is that it is not a good way of describing the character of real folks. Too restrictive is not the best way of putting it, since you can act however you want; too poorly descriptive I think is far better. Heck, even compare Roy and Miko: both were LG and the contrast was striking. Now, take those personalities and make them a dozen times more complex.

This is no offense to people who like to organize their world as such - goodness know I keep enough rows for my ducks - but don't generalize me and how I act because I prefer a different way of boxing things up. :thog:

Lastly, I'd like to tip my hat to Ozymandias who said much of my view on this in a rather more efficient manner than I seem to be able to muster lately.

Harperfan7
2009-01-07, 12:43 AM
No, no, no, I'm not saying that peolple who don't like the system aren't good.

I'm saying that "it lacks flexibility" isn't true, and to me anyways, sounds neutral. The alignment system DOES have flexibility, in fact, the PHB says that alignment isn't a straightjacket, people can sway, but if they are good, then they act good most of the time and regret any/most of the bad things that they do. If you think it lacks flexibility, you are probably neutral.

Also, if you think it doesn't apply to real life, consider that we live in a neutral world. Most people aren't good, they are neutral. The people who have a descriptor in their alignment (good, law, chaos, evil) are the ones who try (to be that alignment), even if they don't realize it (although some people try to be neutral). If you don't think you fit into the system, you are more than likely neutral and alignment is probably just not important to you.

I'm not saying anything bad about being neutral. Some of my best friends are neutral:smallsmile:.

Harperfan7
2009-01-07, 12:45 AM
and i got ninjad like 5 times right there

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-07, 12:47 AM
... then the vast majority of the population is neutral! Yes, it is! Exactly!

Other than that, very insightful post. Cookie for you.

EDIT @ Harperfan: I feel your pain, and have taken to posting my thoughts by the paragraph or even by the sentence to mitigate this incredibly familiar situation. Oh, and welcome to the Playground!

The Neoclassic
2009-01-07, 12:52 AM
Yes, it is! Exactly!

Other than that, very insightful post. Cookie for you.

Heh, thanks. Though, I guess my point is: Way too many people will agree to that (that being that the vast majority of people are neutral) /and/ claim to be one of those few good people. T'is inconsistent. I shall now wander off and let you guys talk more before I shove my LN goblin nose back in your discussion. :redcloak:

chiasaur11
2009-01-07, 01:11 AM

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

You Neutral types make me sick. Pick a side, hippy!

RTGoodman
2009-01-07, 01:15 AM
What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

You Neutral types make me sick. Pick a side, hippy!

Pick a side? Pish-posh! We Neutral folks get to pick ALL the sides (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0343.html)!

Harperfan7
2009-01-07, 01:16 AM
"If I don't make it, tell my wife... I said hello"

JaxGaret
2009-01-07, 01:21 AM
I'm Neutral, but I definitely lean towards Chaos and Good. Pretty close to Chaotic Good, actually. It really depends on where you draw the line.

lisiecki
2009-01-07, 01:25 AM
Heh, thanks. Though, I guess my point is: Way too many people will agree to that (that being that the vast majority of people are neutral) /and/ claim to be one of those few good people. T'is inconsistent. I shall now wander off and let you guys talk more before I shove my LN goblin nose back in your discussion. :redcloak:

Not at all.
Im a jerk.
Now, i work for a corporation that dose a lot of good in the world, but i do this, mostly because i get to direct our demon winged hell lawyers at other bad people and ruin there lives.
But i do this, because it alows me to be a jerk in a way that society accepts and rewards.
(I thought i was a good person, untill i started reading CSS case files, then my perspective changed)

Tequila Sunrise
2009-01-07, 01:43 AM
Heh, thanks. Though, I guess my point is: Way too many people will agree to that (that being that the vast majority of people are neutral) /and/ claim to be one of those few good people.
Heh, I've always considered myself TN but the test says I'm...LG! :smalleek: WTF?!

TS

Heliomance
2009-01-07, 03:22 AM
Judging by the way my characters all seem to turn out, due to me being somewhat unable to separate my real-life scruples from the game world, I'd probably place myelf as NG. I've never really understood the law-chaos axis though. Always seemed a bit arbitrary.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-07, 03:31 AM
I took that test before and it claimed I was chaotic neutral somehow (I class myself as Neutral (Chaotic) Good, and most people on this forum class me as Lawful Good, so the test isn't that accurate (at least as far as I'm concerned).

Stephen_E
2009-01-07, 03:43 AM
> Your Character’s Alignment

>Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

>Neutral

This wasn't a particuly good test for real life people because it was designed for a RPG world.

I'd also note that many of the questions were way to vague. When asking how you'd react re: your king it needs to state how you feel about him. Same re: your community.

In general on these tests I score N/NG/CN/CG. Depending on the test it varies what I score highest on. I ussually rack up few if any pts for Evil or Lawful.

Stephen E

Solaris
2009-01-07, 03:44 AM
Before I joined the Army, I used to consistently place LG. Now, depending on the test, I'll get NG, LN, or (very rarely) LG. Mostly NG, though. I only get LN if I'm feeling pissed off.
And they say the Army instills discipline in people. Feh.
Perversely, most people assume I'm well on the opposite end of the alignment spectrum. I think it's got something to do with the fact that the thought of violating the Geneva Convention is one of those things that makes me giggle. A lot. That, and I'm generally not a nice guy if you just go by what I say.
I do believe I fall into the category of "Evil impulses, but tries to be Good," and "Seems foul, but feels fair."

Conversely, one of my best friends almost always grades as CE. She is, too, but she's surprisingly nice to people. This is a case of "Seems fair, but feels foul."

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-07, 03:46 AM
Now that I think about it, I've taken several other similar tests, and I've manages to get evey non-evil alignment apart from True Neutral. (Class tests range from things like Rangers and Monks to Wizards and Druids as well. Archivist would be the best fit for me if I could use Int for bonus spells rather then Wis. If not, Wizard would fit well for me.)

Kurald Galain
2009-01-07, 04:34 AM
I got nature: architect and demeanor: bon-vivant...

Ravens_cry
2009-01-07, 05:26 AM
The test described me as Lawful Good, and that is generally how I would describe myself, though more edging towards Lawful Neutral and/or Neutral Good, because I can be a bit evil sometimes and I don't think of the law as the final morality, in fact I would find it dangerous if it tried to be.
Justice and Mercy.
And there are no monsters.

UnChosenOne
2009-01-07, 05:44 AM
Lawfull (stupid) good. Somehow i'm not supriset.

Random NPC
2009-01-07, 05:47 AM
Neutral Good... and I do try to be good

So that means you got VentrueLE on your alignment?

Tafkan
2009-01-07, 06:00 AM
I have done that test several times before, and I'm actually surprised to see that it I'm the only one here who keeps getting "Lawful Evil" as the alignment. It's consistient, sure, though I'm not sure about accuracy... I can't even imagine what Lawful Evil is like, other than some warlord or something. :smallconfused:

Sereg
2009-01-07, 06:14 AM
I like to think of myself as Neutral Good, especially after reading the more detailed descriptions of the good alignments in BoED. The official test calls me Lawful Good as does one other. 2 call me Neutral Good, another 2 Chaotic Good, 1 True Neutral and 1 Lawful Evil. A pretty good test considering its only one question is the "I'll heal you because..." test here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2309230

Though Chaotic Goods answer should probably be "I won't trust society to" (Which may actually make me Chaotic good)

Lawful Nuetral should probably also be changed slightly to "it is my duty"

Chaotic evil should also have the option of "I'll enjoy the havoc that results"

Eldan
2009-01-07, 06:16 AM
I usually get Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic good on these tests, which, asking people around me and thinking about my worldviews seems to fit.
Note: I'm not chaotic in a "screw society" way. I like society. But the thought of tyranny or the believe in concepts such as absolutes or destiny makes me cringe. Literally. Apart from that, I have trouble concentrating on one thing at a time, I have a huge mess in my room (according to other people. They just don't understand my system of organizing files in a way that I can reach them all with one grab into a huge pile) and I probably lie way more often than I should, (Well, I am good at lying, it seems. Peopel believe me), but I do sometimes feel bad about it afterwards.
What else... I don't have anything against laws per se, but hell, breaking them should be an option if it's necessary. No law can be written in a way that applies to all situations.

Narmoth
2009-01-07, 07:47 AM
Neutral Good.
I've actually always thought of myself as LG

Kurald Galain
2009-01-07, 07:59 AM
So that means you got VentrueLE on your alignment?
Really? I've never thought of the Ventrue as architects (they're way too conservative for creativity) nor as bon-vivants (they're way too busy with their many agendas to ever focus on simply having a good time).

Riffington
2009-01-07, 08:01 AM
Heh, thanks. Though, I guess my point is: Way too many people will agree to that (that being that the vast majority of people are neutral) /and/ claim to be one of those few good people. T'is inconsistent.

Well, sure. The average IQ might be 100, and the average IQ here might be 120, but if we each listed our IQ, I suspect the median claimed IQ would be 150.

/tested LG
//considers himself between NG and CG.
///thbppt

lisiecki
2009-01-07, 08:04 AM
Well, sure. The average IQ might be 100, and the average IQ here might be 120, but if we each listed our IQ, I suspect the median claimed IQ would be 150.

/tested LG
//considers himself between NG and CG.
///thbppt

acually it was closer to 200...
having an IQ of 70, it made me a sad panda

metagaia
2009-01-07, 09:09 AM
I am curious how many of these 'good' people would actually risk some part of their lives for someone not personally important to them (which is what good seems to be). I 'test' as CG, but like probably about 90% of people, I am a classic TN in the sense of disliking evil but can't be bothered to risk fighting it.

Dacia Brabant
2009-01-07, 09:21 AM
Really? I've never thought of the Ventrue as architects (they're way too conservative for creativity) nor as bon-vivants (they're way too busy with their many agendas to ever focus on simply having a good time).

Yeah that sounds more like a typical Toreador to me.

And, as usual, I score as Lawful Neutral. Sigh, I actually tried to be Good this time, but I just can't go against my nature.

Drakefall
2009-01-07, 10:14 AM
Neutral... yeah that's about right. I'm very much against evil but I don't strive to be good either. Just watching out for number one and his close personal favourites... and sometimes kicking number seventeen in the face if he's being an extreme ass near me:smalltongue:

Saph
2009-01-07, 10:27 AM
Neutral. Sounds about right.

Like metagaia, I think most of the 'Good' results should really be Neutral. Genuinely Good people are pretty rare.

- Saph

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-07, 10:31 AM
I know that a lot of good people never risk their lives to stop evil, but I tend to think that helping in other ways can still make you good (eg: Bor the Barbarian Monk and I both enjoy helping people, which is presumably why we came 1st and 2nd for Goodest itP a few months back).

Tengu_temp
2009-01-07, 10:55 AM
I know that a lot of good people never risk their lives to stop evil, but I tend to think that helping in other ways can still make you good.

I agree with this. It's worth noting that many people simply do not have enough individual power to stop evil, and by doing so they'd only risk their lives senselessly. But helping people who need it is enough to make you good.

Kurald Galain
2009-01-07, 11:08 AM
Yeah that sounds more like a typical Toreador to me.
Aww, and here I was aiming for C of X.... :smallbiggrin:

Like metagaia, I think most of the 'Good' results should really be Neutral. Genuinely Good people are pretty rare.
I concur. I know three people whom I truly believe to be "Good", as in, honestly wanting the best for everybody, being literally unable to think badly of people, and so forth. On the other hand I know several dozen who believe themselves to be "good", but who are actually blind to their own flaws (and generally enough of a hipocrite to blame others for having the same flaws).

The Neoclassic
2009-01-07, 11:40 AM
I concur. I know three people whom I truly believe to be "Good", as in, honestly wanting the best for everybody, being literally unable to think badly of people, and so forth. On the other hand I know several dozen who believe themselves to be "good", but who are actually blind to their own flaws (and generally enough of a hipocrite to blame others for having the same flaws).

Precisely. T'is what I see as well. :smallsmile:

Tengu_temp
2009-01-07, 12:13 PM

So in order to have good alignment, you need to be a saint?

Ozymandias
2009-01-07, 12:28 PM
Call me optimistic (in this regard), but I believe that most people have a genuine desire for "what's best for everybody". I hate needless suffering and pain and everyone else I know does, too.

As for "being literally unable to think badly of people", one of the greatest heroes in history was Raoul Wallenberg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raoul_Wallenberg), and he was intimately familiar with evil in some of its vilest forms. It's possible to think badly of people, to hate people, and still be good.

Plus, good people can and do have flaws. Everyone has flaws. One can still be a good person if one is blind to some of them. Hypocrisy is mean but generally not especially evil, and if it's unintentional, it's more unfortunate than repugnant.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-01-07, 12:30 PM
Most tests tend to place me as Neutral Good. I tend to agree.

Kurald Galain
2009-01-07, 01:01 PM
So in order to have good alignment, you need to be a saint?
That's a novel definition of "saint" you're using there.

As you can probably tell by your own rhetorical question, you're missing the point by quite a bit.

Pie Guy
2009-01-07, 01:25 PM
I came out as CG, but mainly because of what the answers said, as I'm extremely anti-royalty.

Ceannaideach
2009-01-07, 01:30 PM
Neutral which was a surprise because I normally end up with Good alignments on these things.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-07, 01:33 PM
Why would thinking badly of people stop someone from being good? I tend to think that ignoring other people's flaws is always a mistake (also, I tend not to trust people that due to past experience teaching me that it's a bad idea to do that most of the time).

chiasaur11
2009-01-07, 01:57 PM
That's a novel definition of "saint" you're using there.

As you can probably tell by your own rhetorical question, you're missing the point by quite a bit.

Besides, most saints admitted even they were, on many levels, scum.

Really, if we hold good to the standards a decent amount of prominent philosophers and theologians do, it becomes nearly worthless to have it as an available alignment.

Grey Paladin
2009-01-07, 02:09 PM
Used to be a Lawful Evil Templar type, now I'm Lawful Neutral through realizing that sacrificing the people I'm trying to protect is counter-productive despite being the best strategic choice.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-07, 02:15 PM
If you do that, it at least means you don't have to protect them anymore.:smalltongue:

Oracle_Hunter
2009-01-07, 02:49 PM
So LN.

I was surprised the first such test that turned out this way, but in thinking about it, it makes perfect sense.

This is also why I think "self-reporting" alignments are suspect. Take the test and see what it says - it seems pretty accurate to me, and people routinely lie to themselves.

See Revealed Preference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revealed_preference).

EDIT:

Hey, where did you find a WoD test? Link please!

SurlySeraph
2009-01-07, 04:58 PM
I got Lawful Good. Every alignment test I have ever taken (except one, which gave me Chaotic Neutral) has pegged me as Lawful Good.
Personally, I consider myself much more lawful than good, but I think it fits.

Lycar
2009-01-07, 06:10 PM
Neutral.

But then again, depending on the test I take, I end up somewhere near the 'good' sphere and seem to lean towards chaos too.

At the TheSpark.com website, they used to have a pretty neat 'personality test'. Well, they still have it but you have to register to take it nowadays. :smallyuk:

This (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) test is pretty much the same thing though.

Apparently I'm 100% Introvert, Sensing, Feeling and Perceiving, or in the words of the test: A composer.

The test at TheSpark pegged me as a 'dreamer' as far as I recall.

Too bad I don't really seem to be terribly creative though. :smallconfused:

Oh and the Personality Disorder Test (http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv) is fun too. :smalltongue:

Lycar

Tequila Sunrise
2009-01-07, 06:52 PM
This (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) test is pretty much the same thing though.

Apparently I'm 100% Introvert, Sensing, Feeling and Perceiving, or in the words of the test: A composer.
I'm still INTJ after 10+ years, with 100% emphasis on introversion. The last time I took the test the site identified Gandalf as an INTJ character, which is awesome because he's a favorite character of all time...now Hillary Clinton and Steven Hawking are the only INTJ personalities I recognize on the site. :smalleek:

TS

chiasaur11
2009-01-07, 07:12 PM
I got Lawful Good.

I am not surprised. I tend to test well.

Riffington
2009-01-07, 09:51 PM
Aww, and here I was aiming for C of X.... :smallbiggrin:

Let me make it clear (if it isn't already) that a member of any Tradition/Clan/etc can have any nature and (almost) any demeanor. I mean, sure, it's hard to have a C of X with a Demeanor of Conformist... and they'd deny like hell it was their Nature... but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Gelondil
2009-01-07, 09:53 PM
I expected to end up as LG or possibly NG, but oddly it came up with LN... That's interesting... I guess my pragmatism outweighs my goodness.

Limos
2009-01-07, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I am Neutral Good. I'm just so sickeningly nice. Sometimes I make myself want to throw up.

I thinkk I'm Neutral Evil at my core but I'm trapped in a weird Neutral Good morality shell that has been imposed on me by society.

Limos
2009-01-07, 10:07 PM
Oh and the Personality Disorder Test (http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv) is fun too. :smalltongue:

Lycar

Damn, I got moderate on all of them except Borderline, Histrionic, and Dependent. I got High on Antisocial.

Gardakan
2009-01-07, 10:17 PM
Chaotic Good... i'm a teenager

Siosilvar
2009-01-07, 10:18 PM
Alignment tests? I always end up being some shade of good (or Lawful Neutral/Good). Today I happen to be Lawful Good.

That Personality Disorder Test is interesting...
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Tengu_temp
2009-01-07, 10:45 PM
My results were very similar to the poster above.

Schizotypal: Moderate
Avoidant: Low

The Demented One
2009-01-07, 10:48 PM
It gives me Lawful Neutral...I'm pretty sure I'm more of the Chaotic Good type, though. (INFP for the Meyers-Briggs test, by the by).

EDIT: Personality disorders...whee?

Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: Moderate

Seffbasilisk
2009-01-07, 11:06 PM
Well, the test proclaimed me N-G the first time I took it, and C-E the second time.

For the most part I see myself as N-G, leaning towards L-G, with a strong inclination towards C-E that I generally strive to repress.

Arbitrarity
2009-01-07, 11:18 PM
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: High
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Moderate
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Should I be worried?

chiasaur11
2009-01-07, 11:59 PM

Should I be worried?

I doubt.
The test seemed to think the only reason not to be in a large group was social awkwardness or paranoia.

Not exactly scientifically sound.

Harperfan7
2009-01-08, 02:08 AM
Im an INTP.

Eldan
2009-01-08, 02:16 AM
Disorder | Rating
Antisocial: High
Histrionic: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

I don't know... I don't see myself as paranoid. I mean, it's been years since I've last suspected people of talking about me behind my back, and that was back in high-school, when I knew it was through, because I heard them mention my name. Usually, before my shoes went missing or my backpack was filled with snow. Antisocial, well, that could be true, but not that highly. Narcissistic... probably.

Sereg
2009-01-08, 02:25 AM
The first time I tried, I tested as I (81%) N (50%) T (37%) P (35%) or "the theorist" which makes sense, this time I tested as I (78%) S(12%) T (12%) P (33%) which I suppose still makes sense. For personality disorder I get:

Disorder Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Histrionic: Very High

Avoidant makes sense to me. Histrionic and narcissistic are not things I would consider combining with avoidant but if some symptoms are cancelling each other out, then it's possible.

Z-dan
2009-01-08, 06:28 AM
For the record, I consider myself to be chaotic good, and if I have any personality disorder it would be social anxiety... now for the test results

Alignment: Chaotic Good :smallbiggrin: (though I do tend towards chaotic neutral, because of my 'harsh' views on charity)

Disorders:
Dependent: High

the description for Schizotypal actually sounds a lot like me :smalleek: though it also sounds a lot like the Doctor...

Studoku
2009-01-08, 09:06 AM
Lawful Good...ish.

Seriously, changing one answer (which I wasn't sure about) is enough to move me between LG and LN.

SurlySeraph
2009-01-08, 10:39 AM
Personality disorder:
Paranoid: Very High

I don´t think I´m that paranoid. Only 62% of the population (all those who have ever drank soy milk after drinking fluoridized water without wearing tinfoil hats) is out to get me.

And obsessive-compulsive? I only wash my hands nine times a day! :smalltongue:

Other than that... well, schizoid describes me perfectly. Which is a bit creepy.

Grail
2009-01-08, 07:18 PM
I ended up Lawful Good.
As a matter of curiosity, I tried to tweak the results and I managed to shift into Neutral with a bit of tweaking, but I couldn't shift it further that that.

Of course, these tests really need to be a couple hundred or more questions long to really gauge a true result.

snoopy13a
2009-01-08, 07:31 PM
Neutral. Sounds about right.

- Saph

Good people are uncommon, not rare. Those of us who play by the rules, treat others with respect and are generally nice people are neutral. In order to be considered "good" we'd have to donate money to charity (significant percentage, not penny change to look good), volunteer in the community and do other actions that would put us above and beyond. I'm sure that all of us know people that can be considered "good".

Good people go out of their way to help out others. Neutral people can be nice and pleasant but they don't go the extra mile. My belief is that most people are neutral with good intentions. However, they don't put forth the effort to be considered "good."

RavKal
2009-01-08, 10:42 PM
When it is time for serious business, LG.
When it is time for lulz, CN, possibly CE. Because the merchant selling me the box of activated immovable rods was asking for it. We call him Mr. Tetris now.

Llama231
2009-01-08, 10:59 PM
Lawful Neutral or Neutral Good for me.
Though I usually try for Lawful Good...

The quiz says LN.

Stephen_E
2009-01-08, 11:52 PM
I did the test for my current DnD PC who I call Neutral Evil and came out as CE.

Close enough considering the limits of the questions.

Stephen E

Kroy
2009-01-09, 12:08 AM
Lawful Good

Remmirath
2009-01-09, 02:54 AM
Chaotic Neutral. Not too much of a surprise there; that's what I've gotten every other time I've taken one of these.

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate

Yeah, I don't think that's really very accurate there. At least not to that extent. :smallconfused:

metagaia
2009-01-09, 06:48 AM
I did the test for my current DnD PC who I call Neutral Evil and came out as CE.

Close enough considering the limits of the questions.

Stephen E

I like that idea a lot, I am going to do it with my character now.

Dixieboy
2009-01-09, 07:09 AM
Lawful neutral

Always what i saw myself as too

But the questions (And sometimes answers) sucked, good for use for a character, but not suitable for real people

Harperfan7
2009-01-09, 07:10 AM
I noticed that most of the people who responded to this are lawful.

Dixieboy
2009-01-09, 07:19 AM
Because the Chaotic answers involve stealing, cheating, lying or killing

Stephen_E
2009-01-09, 07:27 AM
Because the Chaotic answers involve stealing, cheating, lying or killing

Hmmm, that might explain why I came out as neutral rather than chaotic. It's the 1st Ed and 4th Ed "Chaos is a lesser version of Evil" definition.

Did a previous very memorable NG Orc Barb/Fighter character. The test rated him as NG as well.

Stephen E

Harperfan7
2009-01-09, 07:40 AM
Those are evil. The chaotic answers dont require stealing, cheating, lying or killing.

Being chaotic doesnt require any of those things. I got Chaotic Good, and the only one I answered that involved any of those was...

"You have accidentally committed a crime. Do you:"

Hide your involvement, lying if you have to.

Rion
2009-01-09, 07:48 AM
Alignment: On most tests my result is Lawful Good, except when I'm pissed of and score Lawful Neutral instead, mostly because when I'm pissed off I feel showing mercy to someone is the same as showing disrespect to their victims.

Disorders:
Schizotypal: Very High

I didn't expect to score so high on Narcissistic as I don't find myself all that important, and when I read the info they provided I really don't get how I scored moderate as I find taking advantage of others exceedingly vile, also because I simply can't lie, it just doesn't come naturally and I often find myself saying the truth in situations where it's either better to lie, or even expected.

EDIT: Forgot to post my results for the Jung Typology Test: INTJ with: 100% I, 38% N, 38% T and 33% J.

Skaven
2009-01-09, 09:54 AM
Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

I always thought I was CG, but seems my uncaringness towards society makes me CN.

Egiam
2009-01-09, 05:13 PM
For a long time I thought I was NG, until I did a Great Books Seminar. That truly brought out me, and now I agree with the LN result. Discussing the play Antigone is good for finding your alignment.

horseboy
2009-01-09, 05:47 PM
I got a neutral good.

Yeah, really don't like that test. There were several questions that my answer wasn't even there. Like the poison the king question. Are we using the "All kings are good" trope? Cause if he needed killin' I'd be all down for it, payment not necessary. Spying for a hostile nation? Well, odds are good if they've got to pay me a stupid amount of money to do it, then I'm not a "true believer" of there's and they're just going to kill me after they give me a briefcase of money, so no, I'm too genre savvy to fall for that. Oh, and that "Would my community help me in time of need" question. Well, my county gives more to the United Way per capita than any other in the country. They call us "The Most Generous People With Nothing To Give." They hold fund raisers even for the community ass hats. How does that even effect your personal alignment? And while I'm not shunned, mocked or ridiculed by the community, they certainly don't consider me normal. My community is just more tolerant, again, doesn't have anything to do with my personal alignment.
I'll do the personality disorder tomorrow, after work. That'll be fun. :smallamused:

Project_Mayhem
2009-01-09, 06:50 PM
I havent done the test, because they normally doin't work, and I just find myself choosing answers to get the result I want.

I personally strive for Chaotic Neutral, but I believe I am more likely True Neutral, perhaps with Chaotic Tendancies. My goal in existance is to be a petitioner in Limbo.

Tacoma
2009-01-09, 06:54 PM
Meh.

You can be many different alignments based on what the topic is. Economic? Social? Religious? Military? Raising children? If the survey takes less than a few hours to finish it isn't complex enough to capture a person's entire value structure. And it won't be able to boil that down into one of nine groups.

KingGolem
2009-01-09, 07:21 PM
I agree with Tacoma; these tests are far too simple to be accurate enough. But I took the test anyway and got Lawful Neutral, which is correct. :smallcool: I strive to be Lawful Neutral with moderate Evil tendencies. I love rules and think that when people violate them knowingly and willingly, they deserve incongruously harsh punishment. :smallannoyed:

UnChosenOne
2009-01-10, 04:00 AM
Result's from disorder test:

Somehow i'm not suprised from thise result's.

eidt: I'm also Rational Mastermind.

Illuminance
2009-01-10, 04:29 AM
True Neutral, apparently. Should I be worried? :smalltongue:

Adumbration
2009-01-10, 04:52 AM
Neutral, plain and simple.

Micorandlin
2009-01-10, 06:57 AM
I'm neutral

I'm not constrained by your petty dogma!!! You're dog's ma on the other hand...

Grey Paladin
2009-01-10, 07:16 AM
Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: Very High

Samakain
2009-01-10, 07:39 AM
I'm Shocked

Lawful Good : \

Those guys always piss me off :( now i find out i'm one of them. God Dammit ><

Grey Paladin
2009-01-10, 08:00 AM
I'm Shocked

Lawful Good : \

Those guys always piss me off :( now i find out i'm one of them. God Dammit ><

And then Samakain was a Paladin.

Fiery Diamond
2009-01-10, 10:45 AM
I got NG, like I usually do on such tests, and that's what I consider myself.

ISFP = 33, 25, 88, 11

Immutep
2009-01-10, 11:08 AM
Ok, the test showed up as neutral good. Which as far as i am these days is probably quite accurate (although there were answers that i wanted to tick two of, which would have still put me further out towards chaotic) as a teenager, i would undoubtably ended up with chaotic neutral, but i've mellowed out in later years. Suggesting by the time i'm middle aged i'll end up lawfull good! :smalleek:

Solaris
2009-01-10, 11:12 AM
This is also why I think "self-reporting" alignments are suspect. Take the test and see what it says - it seems pretty accurate to me, and people routinely lie to themselves.

It's the lies you tell yourself that define who you are. You get to believe them enough, and they'll stop being lies. By nature, and nature alone, I do believe nobody would do many things considered "Good". You have to lie to yourself, tell yourself "I am better", to become better.

Good people are uncommon, not rare. Those of us who play by the rules, treat others with respect and are generally nice people are neutral. In order to be considered "good" we'd have to donate money to charity (significant percentage, not penny change to look good), volunteer in the community and do other actions that would put us above and beyond. I'm sure that all of us know people that can be considered "good".
Well, I'd say playing by the rules is lawful, but I can't disagree with the rest of it. I do agree with the implied statement that you don't have to risk life and limb to be Good - and quite the opposite, actually. I know plenty of guys who risk life and limb for the American (and Iraqi) people on a daily basis, are paid entirely too little for it, and I wouldn't consider them Good by any stretch. LE, in many cases.
Curiously, that doesn't deter me from feeling that war-buddy bond any less. They may be horrible monsters, but they're my horrible monsters.

Good people go out of their way to help out others. Neutral people can be nice and pleasant but they don't go the extra mile. My belief is that most people are neutral with good intentions. However, they don't put forth the effort to be considered "good."
Good people can be mean sons-of-guns, too. We do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because it's the nice thing. The guy who turns down a beggar's plea for free money, but instead teaches him a skill, that guy's just as Good, if not Gooder, than the guy who simply hands the beggar a ten and calls it a day. It's not the nice thing, it's the right thing.
There are many evils perpetrated in the world in the name of 'Being Nice'. Not all niceties are evil - many are necessary for society to function - but there are some that're simply people thinking too little, not going far enough, and instead are doing more harm than good.

Oracle_Hunter
2009-01-10, 01:05 PM
It's the lies you tell yourself that define who you are. You get to believe them enough, and they'll stop being lies. By nature, and nature alone, I do believe nobody would do many things considered "Good". You have to lie to yourself, tell yourself "I am better", to become better.

Revealed Preference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revealed_preference).

In short, one's actual motivations/desires are best revealed by studying their actions, rather than their statements.

When dealing with questions of morality this is doubly true. Society emphasizes certain attitudes and de-emphasizes others; people tend to publicly profess views that will earn them praise from their fellows, particularly if their true views are ones that society despises. Thus, self-reported morality is likely to be out of whack with a person's actual (anonymous) actions.

Aspirational morality aside, the point of this test is to show your current "alignment," not the one you'd "prefer" it to be.

Curmudgeon
2009-01-10, 01:51 PM
As with most everybody, I'm neutral. I follow most laws only because I'm afraid of the downside of getting caught driving over the speed limit or whatever; I'm sloppy about a lot of things but I organize some parts of my life, like where I store things, for my convenience. I don't go around either killing people or rehabilitating them. I'm just neutral.

BloodyAngel
2009-01-10, 08:46 PM
Well... it comes as great shock to me, that I am, apparently... chaotic evil.
I would have guessed Neutral or maybe even Chaotic Neutral... but nope. I'm evil as sin. Fear me! Fear the wrath of... me!

Seriously... I think that test is a bit flawed. Much like the alignment system in general. What if I'm stealing from the merchants to feed my starving children? What if I'm lying to the guards because I can't afford to be arrested and out of work, or my family will starve? The test can't judge intent or motive so well. :smalltongue:

horseboy
2009-01-11, 03:23 AM
There are many evils perpetrated in the world in the name of 'Being Nice'. Not all niceties are evil - many are necessary for society to function - but there are some that're simply people thinking too little, not going far enough, and instead are doing more harm than good.
Yes, the "Necessary Evils". Because even the producers of the latest version of the alignment system don't want to have to deal with the morality of setting fire to the whole rest of the valley, destroying three villages to stop an invading army.

shadowfox
2009-01-11, 03:34 AM
I've always seen myself as LN, and that's what the quiz said I was (well, my fictional character that's based entirely off of myself).

Sereg
2009-01-11, 03:35 AM
The test can't judge intent or motive so well. :smalltongue:

Which is why I like the "I'll heal you because.." alignment test. Of course it's only one question and as mentioned earlier you really should have to answer hundreds, but I think it's pretty good for one question.

horseboy
2009-01-11, 04:36 AM
Oh yeah,

Disorder | Rating

Kinda surprised by the dependent, but then again, what's the point in being awesome without an audience? :smallwink:

Querzis
2009-01-11, 05:08 AM
What I dont like about this test its that its way too easy to be good. It says I'm chaotic good but honestly I'm chaotic neutral. Sure I'd do lots of things for my friends and family but thats easy, I love or like them. Even the most evil people really dont have to act bad with the people they like. If you wanna know if someone is good or evil, look how he act with strangers or the people he hate. And I really dont like how some of the evil (or at least neutral) stuff I would do in the «King and country» section apparently made me chaotic but didnt make me neutral. Sometimes we definitly need more options too like for the «your country is wracked with famine» thing. I woudnt share my food but I woudnt steal some either so where is the : «I keep my food for myself» option???

Well anyway, I think its a pretty good quiz for the Law/chaos but not for the good/evil axis.

ghost_warlock
2009-01-11, 05:32 AM
Somehow, the test rated me as Lawful Nihilistic. :smalleek:

How does that even work? :smallconfused:

@V:

ni⋅hil⋅ism 
–noun
1. total rejection of established laws and institutions.
2. anarchy, terrorism, or other revolutionary activity.
3. total and absolute destructiveness, esp. toward the world at large and including oneself: the power-mad nihilism that marked Hitler's last years.
4. Philosophy.
a. an extreme form of skepticism: the denial of all real existence or the possibility of an objective basis for truth.
b. nothingness or nonexistence.
5. (sometimes initial capital letter) the principles of a Russian revolutionary group, active in the latter half of the 19th century, holding that existing social and political institutions must be destroyed in order to clear the way for a new state of society and employing extreme measures, including terrorism and assassination.
6. annihilation of the self, or the individual consciousness, esp. as an aspect of mystical experience.

:elan: I'm being useful paradoxical! Wooo!

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-11, 05:37 AM
Hm.

1. Quote Nietzche even though you've never read him.
2. Dress like a tasteful version of a Goth
3. Talk about how useless the world is on internet forums

I'm not going to listen to any online tests. I like to think of myself as Neutral Good, but it's possible I've drifted into True Neutral territory over the last few years.

SSGW Priest
2009-01-11, 10:39 AM
Neutral, but the test is exceptionally flawed. For almost every question it was not a matter of choosing the best choice as much as it was choosing the least wrong answer. For example in the following question my best response was none of the above.

You're estranged from a family member. On his deathbed, he seeks reconciliation. Do you:

Speak to him, but hold your ground
Refuse to speak to him
Discuss your estrangement openly and without rancor
Actively seek reconciliation, and heed his dying words

The choices are too restrictive and do not allow for deception. Where is the choice of "Lie to his face so he dies content"?

bue52
2009-01-11, 10:50 AM
Neutral good, but so far I have only taken this alignment test and another one that constructs a complete character for you.... does anyone else know where there are others?

horseboy
2009-01-11, 04:00 PM
Well anyway, I think its a pretty good quiz for the Law/chaos but not for the good/evil axis.
For S&G's I ran my hobgoblin-esque soldier from an alignmentless system through it. Apparently you can sneak deep into enemy territory to a village, break into every home, slit every throat and set fire to the entire village to deny his enemy critical bread and bullets and according to this test be Lawful Neutral, because his community thinks he's the shiznit, and he'd never do it to his own family.

Moriato
2009-01-11, 05:11 PM
Neutral. And as the test says:

Neutral is the best alignment you can be

Neutral: The Best Alignment™