PDA

View Full Version : Elementals and Related Spells [3.5]

The Neoclassic
2009-01-07, 12:30 AM
Outsiders can be banished from the Material Plane, as far as I know. What about elementals? Same for them? What would happen, then, in a setting did not have the four classical elemental inner planes? I was thinking of having elementals from remote, generally unreachable parts of the material plane (high up in the atmosphere, depths of the ocean, etc), but I am not sure whether that would be plausible.

Accordiny to my Manual of the Planes, it looks like not many mainstream spells would be messed up by removing the Inner Planes. Would that be correct? If not, what should I be worrying about, and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Jasdoif
2009-01-07, 12:35 AM
Outsiders can be banished from the Material Plane, as far as I know. What about elementals? Same for them? What would happen, then, in a setting did not have the four classical elemental inner planes? I was thinking of having elementals from remote, generally unreachable parts of the material plane (high up in the atmosphere, depths of the ocean, etc), but I am not sure whether that would be plausible.Banishment and similar spells target extraplanar creatures, which would include elementals normally (assuming you're not on the corresponding elemental plane). If elementals instead originated from the Material Plane, they couldn't be banished from it, since they aren't extraplanar on the Material Plane any more.