PDA

View Full Version : Strange question concerning Vampire TM : Bloodlines

Fri
2009-01-07, 09:14 AM
Well, since we have a distinct lacking of a game where we play as a hard boiled, monologuing, trench coated detective, I was planning to play Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines as one. But it's been a while and I want to ask this one question.

Which one of the clan that got a trenchcoat/the closest equivalent of it in their wardrobe? Because I remember each clan got different armor/clothing.

Cespenar
2009-01-07, 12:21 PM
I would say Ventrue, but it's just a wild guess, since I've only played with the Brujah.

Pronounceable
2009-01-07, 12:25 PM
Ventrue always have best clothes. It's obligatory.

Fri
2009-01-07, 12:36 PM
Yeah, but do 'the best clothes' mean 'trench coat' ?

Man, why there are no 'picture of all available armor' or 'list of available armor' or in the net? Internet, you disappoint me.

Dragor
2009-01-07, 01:23 PM
Female Tremere get a long, black coat with feathery cuffs, but that's probably not what you'd want exactly.

Driderman
2009-01-07, 02:20 PM
Ventrue male get a trenchcoat as second or third armor, if I remember correctly.
The male gangrel gets a green trenchcoat once he gets armour, but then you'll also have to cope with anti-gravity hair.
Oh yeah, if you're going to play this game get the fanpatch or you're wasting your time

Fri
2009-01-07, 02:30 PM
which fan patch?

edit: oh, you mean the unofficial patches. yeah.

SmartAlec
2009-01-07, 02:33 PM
Ventrue do indeed get a long black leather trenchcoat in the last quarter of the game.

Up until then you'd have to make do with Shirt and Jeans, Grey Suit and Leather Jacket, in that order.

They do have a set of powers which isn't bad for the Hardboiled Detective, though - Dominate in conversation comes in handy, and they are super-tough with Fortitude.

Fri
2009-01-07, 11:07 PM
well, maybe, just maybe, I'll use cheat. Just to get the trenchcoat. hmm, how to make the console appear? type ~console after a space in the shortcut line right?