PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Shades of Gray
2009-01-10, 05:40 PM
Yeah...

Bored...

And my friend is hogging the computer with CoH installed.

Vulion
2009-01-10, 05:56 PM
Wow, it is slow today.

:smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-10, 06:00 PM
I've had two Remember comics to make and I woke up at 2 PM, so I've been kinda busy.

On top of that we're still debating the Ethereal Plane in ABR, but we seem to be at somewhat of an impass.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 06:04 PM
*Cries*

Shades of Gray
2009-01-10, 06:08 PM
I stand by BRC's idea (minus the part about whether or not they were once the same).

We never decided between KPs, Mine, or Mad Mask's (Although my idea kinda absorbed his) ideas for the cosmology.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-10, 06:14 PM
Anyone care to tell me as to why we need such heavy detailing on this matter? Seems somewhat unimportant to me.. :smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-10, 06:17 PM
Points to Wiki.

Points to Backstory comic.

we do a lot of needless things.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 06:22 PM
Points to Wiki.

Points to Backstory comic.

we do a lot of needless things.

Yeah, but those things are fun.

I am slightly annoyed at all this cosmology and planes and all this crap. Can we just make it up as we go along? That seems to be more of the ABR spirit.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but those things are fun.

I am slightly annoyed at all this cosmology and planes and all this crap. Can we just make it up as we go along? That seems to be more of the ABR spirit.

Not since we got 4 plots. :smallsigh:
Now, we have to maintain realism. We have to flesh out the world. So, it is necessary. We can do nothing but roll with it.:smallcool:

DoomITP
2009-01-10, 07:00 PM
since when does abr revolve around any form of realism? Leroy isn't even possible in the natural world.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 07:03 PM
Not since we got 4 plots. :smallsigh:
Now, we have to maintain realism. We have to flesh out the world. So, it is necessary. We can do nothing but roll with it.:smallcool:

What does 4 plots have to do with it? :smallconfused:

I don't think we technically HAVE to do anything. We can do much more then roll with it, we can stop rolling with it and keep our attention to what's important: the next comic.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 07:03 PM
since when does abr revolve around any form of realism? Leroy isn't even possible in the natural world.

Ah yes, and we all know we're set in modern-day Earth!:smallannoyed:
And ABR?
THIS
IS
AVBAROY!

Szilard
2009-01-10, 07:04 PM
Neither is a salmon that breaths oxygen at all.

BRC
2009-01-10, 07:04 PM
@Q: Not really, you see, ABR tradition has always been "Do it until you get bored of it". In the days of ABR past
*Focus softens*
occasional mini-plots would arise, basically consisting of somebody attacking somebody else, leading to a retaliation, and so on and so forth until one side got bored of it. FFF has gone on this long basically because we didn't get bored of it, though individual parts of it have. We got bored of the Keys, so now we are wrapping that up. Thus, we will debate the cosmology of the ABR until we get bored of it.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 07:10 PM
@Q: Not really, you see, ABR tradition has always been "Do it until you get bored of it". In the days of ABR past
*Focus softens*
occasional mini-plots would arise, basically consisting of somebody attacking somebody else, leading to a retaliation, and so on and so forth until one side got bored of it. FFF has gone on this long basically because we didn't get bored of it, though individual parts of it have. We got bored of the Keys, so now we are wrapping that up. Thus, we will debate the cosmology of the ABR until we get bored of it.

I guess that makes sence.

Ah yes, and we all know we're set in modern-day Earth!:smallannoyed:
And ABR?
THIS
IS
AVBAROY!

WHICH
IS
A PART OF ABR!

THIS
IS
OVERUSED ANNOYING GAG!

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 07:11 PM
*Focus softens*

Pretty much what he said.
When it is resolved Avbaroy will be better for it. The more we explain how it works, the better the webcomic it will be.
Because, by your logic Burlew should have stuck to 0 plot and continued doing spot check jokes..
/\I know, I'm sorry. But Doomer is always saying stuff like,
'Realism?
THIS
IS
ABR!!!'
Which drives me crazy. But Avbaroy is part of ABR, as you said. It is also something interesting which deserves to be fleshed out, and is separate from Doomer's apparent ideal of having no plot.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 07:15 PM
Pretty much what he said.
When it is resolved Avbaroy will be better for it. The more we explain how it works, the better the webcomic it will be.
Because, by your logic Burlew should have stuck to 0 plot and continued doing spot check jokes..

NO
BURLEW
SHOULD'NT'VE!

What I mean is, I thought that discussing Cosmoslogy is pretty pointless. Plot, very pointfull, but I don't think the comic will be poorer for it if we didn't argue about the cosmos.

memnarch
2009-01-10, 07:21 PM
Neither is a salmon that breaths oxygen at all.

Are salmon animals? yes
Are they from the planet earth? yes
then they breathe oxygen.

Now it might not be air that they breath (like humans), but there is oxygen dissolved in the water and that is what they use.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-10, 07:22 PM
Okay, here's an idea.

Everyone with a theory, PM me that theory, summarised and as easy to understand as possible.

I will open a poll with the option of each theory. The first post will list all the details of these theories.

Whichever theory gets the most votes, we shut up and accept it as writ for Avbaroy's ethereal plane.

It's more an idea for the end phase.

As regards the flying salmon on earth debate, we already have the flying fish. The Flying Landfish could easily be an evolution of that. Once it becomes the dominant species of it's environment, it could then feasibly move on to evolve better manoeuverability and dexterity, and of course intellect would follow.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 07:23 PM
NO
BURLEW
SHOULD'NT'VE!

What I mean is, I thought that discussing Cosmoslogy is pretty pointless. Plot, very pointfull, but I don't think the comic will be poorer for it if we didn't argue about the cosmos.
Well, too bad. We wanna talk about it and you can't stop us.:smallmad::smallwink:
But seriously, we just like fleshing out Avbaroy. Who knows, maybe one day we'll publish it as a D&D campaign setting!:smalltongue:
/\Okay. I'll get to work.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 07:27 PM
Are salmon animals? yes
Are they from the planet earth? yes
then they breathe oxygen.

Now it might not be air that they breath (like humans), but there is oxygen dissolved in the water and that is what they use.

I just wanted to use a term more specific then air. Anyway, fish do not breath, they do whatever they do with their gills.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 07:31 PM
I just wanted to use a term more specific then air. Anyway, fish do not breath, they do whatever they do with their gills.

:smallconfused: Yes they do.

Fish DO do what they do with their gills.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-10, 07:34 PM

I know what you're talking about and I believe it's osmosis.

Which is pretty much the same thing that happens in our lungs.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 07:34 PM
Breathing requires lungs, something fish lack.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 07:40 PM

No it doesn't, actually. Both fish and mammals breathe.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-10, 07:42 PM

I said they function similar to lungs, I never said they had lungs.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 07:44 PM
@Lying, I know, I was responding to Q, but you ninja'd me.

Anyway: Breathing on Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathing)

BRC
2009-01-10, 07:50 PM
I find it odd that we are currently debating how they breath, and are ignoring the fact that they can fly.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 07:53 PM
@Lying, I know, I was responding to Q, but you ninja'd me.

Oh right. I misread what you had originally said. I read it as this:

I just wanted to use a term more specific then air. Anyway, fish do breath, they don't do whatever they do with their gills.

And I got confused. Sorry.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 07:55 PM
Actually, we were talking of the non-existance of such creatures from our world. Unless someone crossbreeded the lungfish, the flying fish (Jumping fish? I forget), and a salmon in the correct way with the appropriate vocal cords and mental capacity to talk.

Anyway, I think gremlin said that Leroy would not exist in the real world, so I thought, why signal him out? What about the other flying landfish?

Edit:@Q, ah, that makes sense, kind of.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on Inkscape, but how do I adjust the thickness permanently? I can change, say, the pencil thickness, but then I try using the pencil and it uses the normal thickness. How do I make it stick?
EDIT: Also, what do I save it as? Inkscape won't let me upload any file type I can think of (png, jpg, svg, etc.).:smallconfused:

Szilard
2009-01-10, 08:18 PM
If I knew, that would save be about two and a half seconds for every selection of lines.

kpenguin
2009-01-10, 08:27 PM
As regards the flying salmon on earth debate, we already have the flying fish. The Flying Landfish could easily be an evolution of that. Once it becomes the dominant species of it's environment, it could then feasibly move on to evolve better manoeuverability and dexterity, and of course intellect would follow.

Alright, explain to me exactly how the flying fish, a species of fish with enlarged pectoral and pelvic fins that allow it to glide in the air, evolve into flying landfish, a species of fish who are shaped very differently than flying fish with regular sized pectoral fins and no pelvic fins to speak of.

It would make more sense for flying landfish to evolve from lungfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish), devolping the skills to move on land first and then developing the gas bladder independently of a flying fish's gliding fins.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:30 PM
Alright, explain to me exactly how the flying fish, a species of fish with enlarged pectoral and pelvic fins that allow it to glide in the air, evolve into flying landfish, a species of fish who are shaped very differently than flying fish with regular sized pectoral fins and no pelvic fins to speak of.

It would make more sense for flying landfish to evolve from lungfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish), devolping the skills to move on land first and then developing the gas bladder independently of a flying fish's gliding fins.

A wizard did it!
Magic!
Different world!
You can choose one of those, or all.:smallamused:

kpenguin
2009-01-10, 08:31 PM
A wizard did it!
Magic!
Different world!
You can choose one of those, or all.:smallamused:

Agreed.

Although, if flying landfish fly by magic, it would mean Salmon could easily be incapacitated by an antimagic field.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:33 PM
Agreed.

Although, if flying landfish fly by magic, it would mean Salmon could easily be incapacitated by an antimagic field.

Maybe magic helped them evolve in teh first place, though!
Also, Rule of Cool!:smallamused:

DoomITP
2009-01-10, 08:33 PM
select the pencil

draw a line with it

goto fill and stroke and set the stroke to whatever

then double click the pencil icon and the options comes up

pick set to current style

it should be perma set now.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-10, 08:35 PM
Generally it uses the last setting, which is why I'll occasionally draw a new shape and have it come through semi-transparent and stuff.

memnarch
2009-01-10, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on Inkscape, but how do I adjust the thickness permanently? I can change, say, the pencil thickness, but then I try using the pencil and it uses the normal thickness. How do I make it stick?
EDIT: Also, what do I save it as? Inkscape won't let me upload any file type I can think of (png, jpg, svg, etc.).:smallconfused:

I'm unsure of how to permanently change the line thickness for anything; I usually make the shape, then change the size using "ctrl+shift+f".

To the images just do the normal save as. Inkscape will save it as a ".svg" file which is required if you want to keep the ability to move the vectors and whatnot. "ctrl+shift+e" is what you use to export the image to a png file.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:36 PM
select the pencil

draw a line with it

goto fill and stroke and set the stroke to whatever

then double click the pencil icon and the options comes up

pick set to current style

it should be perma set now.

Nope, it isn't.
Also, can you please stop pressing 'enter' like, 4 times? And maybe improve the grammar?:smallannoyed:

Attention
Invalid File Type.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 08:37 PM

If that works, I'll eat some paper.
I wonder how much time this permanently set stroke thing saves.

Also, you "export file as" to turn an inkscape comic into a png.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:40 PM

If that works, I'll eat some paper.
I wonder how much time this permanently set stroke thing saves.

Also, you "export file as" to turn an inkscape comic into a png.

Png doesn't work. And where is that option?:smallconfused:

BRC
2009-01-10, 08:41 PM
Png doesn't work. And where is that option?:smallconfused:
Look on the same line as the "Save" Button, it's the picture of a page with an arrow pointing to the right.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 08:42 PM
What do you mean it doesn't work?

Edit: This should probably explain how too... (http://trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/export.html)

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:43 PM
What do you mean it doesn't work?

I've tried saving it as PNG and it still won't upload on Photobucket.:smallconfused:
EDIT: I guess that I gotta 'export', cause it worked! Thanks! Will post the image in a sec!

Szilard
2009-01-10, 08:45 PM
Are you saving or exporting?

memnarch
2009-01-10, 08:46 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/20876te.jpg
Then browse to the location where you want the image you selected exported to. Make sure there's the .png at the end of the location as sometimes it doesn't put it on for you.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:48 PM
Are you saving or exporting?

See the edit.
Also, here's the image!
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/The__Gremlin/InkscapePractice.png
It's just a random guy I drew. I know, it looks pretty crappy. This was my first real try on Inkscape.
I must say, it turned out much better than my MSPaint images.
Thanks, all.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-10, 08:49 PM
Wow, don't think the Abr discussion threads have had a day this slow in..er.. ever.
(At least when the forums are working) :smalltongue:

I'd prefer slow to drama.

Verisimilitude. Not realism.

Select the pencil.

Draw a line with it.

Go to "Fill and Stroke" (Shift-Ctrl-F) and set the stroke to anything.

Then double-click the "Pencil" icon and an "Options" window should come up.

Select the "This tool's own style:" radio button, and then press the "Take from selection" button.

It should now be set permanently.

This also works for the Pen tool.

It's just a random guy I drew. I know, it looks pretty crappy. This was my first real try on Inkscape.

Blah blah blah Trazoi's Guide. (http://trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/)
It's what a considerable amount of the forum has used, and it's never steered me wrong.

memnarch
2009-01-10, 08:52 PM
Critique for gremlin

Try using the circle tool so you don't need up with that extra line near the bottom of the head, remove the white fill from the feet, and make the hands about the same size everywhere.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:55 PM
Critique for gremlin

Try using the circle tool so you don't need up with that extra line near the bottom of the head, remove the white fill from the feet, and make the hands about the same size everywhere.

Yeah, I thought the hands looked weird too. I'll try to use taht advice in teh future.
I noticed the feet only just now, but when I reopened the the edges seemed pixelly. I'll remember next time.
And I did use the circle! However, I had to put a line over it!
See, whenever I did the line thing, it would end up covering the bottom of the head. So I did a curve, which sorta fixed it but made it look a little odd.

DoomITP
2009-01-10, 08:55 PM
Nope, it isn't.
Also, can you please stop pressing 'enter' like, 4 times? And maybe improve the grammar?:smallannoyed:

I swear, if anyone makes another grammar crack I'm leaving.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 08:56 PM
I swear, if anyone makes another grammar crack I'm leaving.

It isn't a 'crack'. You seriously need to use better grammar. English is your first language, so you have no excuse. And if you plan to leave because we want you using better grammar, then you probably should reconsider. It isn't a thing to leave over.
Seriously, lighten up. Grammar isn't that hard to use. :smallannoyed:

DoomITP
2009-01-10, 09:11 PM
. It isn't a thing to leave over.
Seriously, lighten up. Grammar isn't that hard to use. :smallannoyed:

then why'd you try and kick CA over grammar?:smallamused:

memnarch
2009-01-10, 09:12 PM
Grem; Two things. first, if you select an object, you can press pageup and pagedown buttons to move the selected option above or below the other objects that you have made. second, you are going to want to save inkscape files normally (as .svg), not exporting them. That way, you can go back and make changes to the vectors.

just some things you might or might not have gotten yet.

Mega; you really need to learn to relax. Grammar is important however, if you want to be taken seriously. (and get respectful answers too, most of the time)

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 09:15 PM
Grem; Two things. first, if you select an object, you can press pageup and pagedown buttons to move the selected option above or below the other objects that you have made. second, you are going to want to save inkscape files normally (as .svg), not exporting them. That way, you can go back and make changes to the vectors.

just some things you might or might not have gotten yet.

Thanks, but when I go on Photobucket and try to upload an svg file, it doesn't even show it as an option.
As for the other thing, thanks.:smallsmile:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-10, 09:15 PM
Shifted from the bottom of last page:

It's what a considerable amount of the forum has used, and it's never steered me wrong, though I don't use Layers.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 09:16 PM
Shifted from the bottom of last page:

It's what a considerable amount of the forum has used, and it's never steered me wrong, though I don't use Layers.

Oh, great. Thanks!
I've tried to read it often, but I couldn't understand the Layers thing. I thought they were mandatory.
Thanks a lot!:smallsmile:

Szilard
2009-01-10, 09:17 PM
Thanks, but when I go on Photobucket and try to upload an svg file, it doesn't even show it as an option.
As for the other thing, thanks.:smallsmile:

You save to work on it, and export to make it a final picture. You can make edited versions with the svg and export it again.

The Gremlin
2009-01-10, 09:19 PM
You save to work on it, and export to make it a final picture. You can make edited versions with the svg and export it again.

Ohhhh, so I save it as svg when I export? Thanks! I think I understand now.

Szilard
2009-01-10, 09:20 PM
It's all in the quide...

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-10, 09:21 PM
Onto a completely different note, would anyone happen to know who the artist is that made these?
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7088/1200377224606kh5.png
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7417/1200724502zz4.png

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-10, 09:21 PM

Ah, no, not quite.
Save: Saves the image as a .svg. Can be changed in Inkscape. Shortcut: Ctrl-S.
Export: Saves the image as a .png or other. Cannot be changed in Inkscape. Shortcut: Shift-Ctrl-E.
EDIT: Or you can go with BRC's metaphor. It's much better.

BRC
2009-01-10, 09:23 PM
No.

The file that you edit is called a "SVG" or "Scalable Vector Graphics" file. When you export it, Inkscape takes what your selection/the stuff on the page/the entire drawing and creates a PNG out of it.

Here is a metaphor, Imagine a big empty space that you can put stuff in, move stuff around in, ect. Occasionally, you take a picture of all or part of the big empty space, and then you can go back to moving stuff around. The Picture is the PNG file, the big empty space is the SVG.

Also, Trazoi's guide is highly reccomended. It's a great starting point, once your comfortable with it, you'll end up naturally developing your own style.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-10, 09:50 PM
Onto a completely different note, would anyone happen to know who the artist is that made these?
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7088/1200377224606kh5.png
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7417/1200724502zz4.png

Those comics are cute, but I don't get them. :smallconfused:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-10, 10:13 PM
Team Fortress Two reference.

DoomITP
2009-01-10, 10:15 PM
ninja'd DARN YOU SHADES!!!

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-10, 10:16 PM
Those comics are cute, but I don't get them. :smallconfused:

They're references to Team Fortress 2

Szilard
2009-01-10, 10:16 PM
You aren't ninja'd if you didn't post...

Like lying just did.

DoomITP
2009-01-10, 10:17 PM
i was ninjaed as i was typing :smallmad:

Szilard
2009-01-10, 10:25 PM
It still helps to see the post instead of just saying ninja'd. Not everyone is as smart as me...

Fawkes
2009-01-10, 11:29 PM
Oh noes I was ninjad.
http://www.snappedshot.com/uploads/Parody/slowpoke-pokemon.gif

Mina Kobold
2009-01-11, 05:31 AM
Trazoi.. Oh right that's the nameon the link in my spoiler. Did you try it when I suggested it Gremlin?

chriky
2009-01-11, 08:04 AM
@Mem - Do you have a beta addition of inkscape or a newer one?

Because mine doesn't have a fill or a 3-D tool.

Edit - @Mecha - Are you planning on getting us of the Vendetta, or do you want me to do it.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-11, 08:55 AM
Edit - @Mecha - Are you planning on getting us of the Vendetta, or do you want me to do it.

As i've said before, you can exit through the giant hole at the top.

chriky
2009-01-11, 09:35 AM
As i've said before, you can exit through the giant hole at the top.

Yeah I know, I was just wondering whether Mecha was gonna draw it 'cause I can't be asked.

Bayar
2009-01-11, 10:48 AM
@Mem - Do you have a beta addition of inkscape or a newer one?

Because mine doesn't have a fill or a 3-D tool.

It is about 1-2 months old...even more so...

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 10:54 AM
I never use the fill tool, as it leaves a white outline. The only exception was when I made the bandana in this picture:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g13264.png
For a PbP game.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-11, 11:55 AM
I never use the fill tool, as it leaves a white outline. The only exception was when I made the bandana in this picture:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g13264.png
For a PbP game.

You where a girl :smallconfused:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 11:58 AM
Well, I didn't get into the game, but my character was, indeed, a girl.

Beans
2009-01-11, 12:00 PM
Sometimes I find myself forced to use the fill-bucket tool. The node tool, along with some fill/stroke fiddling, can fix that silly white outline.

Nameless
2009-01-11, 12:09 PM
Stalking is bad?! *Goes away from Tom Shaer*
>_>
<_<
What about sniping? *Aims at Tom Shaer*

EDIT:
@V: Oh right wrong name.

How do yew know mah reel identity? O_e

Mad Mask
2009-01-11, 12:10 PM
Beans, do you have a full picture of Thryza the alhoon ? I'm making a comic and I would like to have a more accurate rendition of the character.

The Gremlin
2009-01-11, 12:23 PM
YAY!!! Icy's back!!!:smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-11, 12:23 PM

*Points at "A story of dead" and the file name of every picture you've posted* That might have helped:smallsigh: I bet you don't know my name:smallamused:

Bayar
2009-01-11, 12:24 PM

PnG, by Tom Shaer...

Szilard
2009-01-11, 12:24 PM
The hardest name to guess would be mine. Unless you are savvy.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 12:30 PM
Okay Sizzle.

How is that even pronounced, Sizzle-Lard or Zilard

Nameless
2009-01-11, 01:07 PM
*Points at "A story of dead" and the file name of every picture you've posted* That might have helped:smallsigh: I bet you don't know my name:smallamused:

Hurray! I'm an internet celeb!
It's a lot like being a real celeb only you don't have any money and no one knows who you are in real life! :D

Szilard
2009-01-11, 01:36 PM
Okay Sizzle.

How is that even pronounced, Sizzle-Lard or Zilard

See-laud actually.

People just call me sizzle because it has an S, a Z, and it sounds cool.

The Gremlin
2009-01-11, 01:42 PM
See-laud actually.

People just call me sizzle because it has an S, a Z, and it sounds cool.

I actually always imagined it to be 'Sil-ard'.
Also, does anybody remember this banner from a while back?
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5344/abrbannergv3.png

BRC
2009-01-11, 01:46 PM
Nobody knows My name, BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Nameless
2009-01-11, 02:04 PM
Nobody knows My name, BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Stalin? :smalltongue:

Joking...

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-11, 02:05 PM

Oh geez is that an old one...

:smallsigh:

BRC
2009-01-11, 02:13 PM
Stalin? :smalltongue:

Joking...
Ironicly enough, my name is Adam Smith Macarthy...

Except it's not.

Bayar
2009-01-11, 02:21 PM
Oh geez is that an old one...

:smallsigh:

It's still awesome though.

Szilard
2009-01-11, 02:37 PM
Eh, better than most people. Slizards my butt.

The Gremlin
2009-01-11, 02:52 PM
It's still awesome though.

Seconded. It made me laugh.
If you don't like it, maybe you should redo it in your current drawing program in your spare time?

chriky
2009-01-11, 03:34 PM

I think Lying'd Paint art isn't that much worse than his Inlkscape art.

The Gremlin
2009-01-11, 03:37 PM
I think Lying'd Paint art isn't that much worse than his Inlkscape art.

More than that, it's INCREDIBLE for MS Paint. I suck at even drawing a robe.
Well, Inkscape crashed, but I had almost everything saved except on thing. So I'm getting the hang of that part, at least.
EDIT: Hey, it still won't let me upload it as svg. So I take it I have to upload it as png?:smallannoyed:
EDIT EDIT: Here it is. I tried to fill in the feet so that it'd be transparent, but it didn't seem to work...I'll try again later.
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9779/moreinkscapepracticeee2.png
The first guy is my old character, Arendil (who, don't worry, is going to die as soon as possible)and the other is just a random bald guy.

DoomITP
2009-01-11, 03:52 PM
Well, Inkscape crashed, but I had almost everything saved except on thing. So I'm getting the hang of that part, at least.
EDIT: Hey, it still won't let me upload it as svg. So I take it I have to upload it as png?:smallannoyed:

Of course. you press export bitmap.

Fawkes
2009-01-11, 03:59 PM

I'll take care of it. I've just ended my vacation and returned to Waco, so give me a couple days to get back into the swing of things and I'll do it. Or if you want to take care of it, I'll pm you my idea and you can make the comic.

Bayar
2009-01-11, 04:11 PM
To get rid of the white space, select the feet, go to fill and stroke and select "no fill".

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 04:21 PM
EDIT EDIT: Here it is. I tried to fill in the feet so that it'd be transparent, but it didn't seem to work...I'll try again later.
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9779/moreinkscapepracticeee2.png
The first guy is my old character, Arendil (who, don't worry, is going to die as soon as possible)and the other is just a random bald guy.

Starting to look better. A few tips: Make the torso shorter and the legs longer. On Arendil, make the staff/cane thing thinner. Use less nodes on his hat thing. Use OOTS as a reference, and make the robe more structured. The line thickness fluctuates, select the pieces of robe and use the union tool, to make the change more seamless.

The Gremlin
2009-01-11, 04:23 PM
To get rid of the white space, select the feet, go to fill and stroke and select "no fill".

Ohhhh yeah. Sorry, forgot.
/\What are nodes?:smallconfused:

Elder Tsofu
2009-01-11, 04:34 PM
Ohhhh yeah. Sorry, forgot.
/\What are nodes?:smallconfused:

It's the little boxes which sits in every "corner" of the line. They usually got handles on them so you can change the line one node at a time.
Page 6 in Trazoi's guide: http://www.trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/limbs.html

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-11, 04:35 PM
Seconded. It made me laugh.
If you don't like it, maybe you should redo it in your current drawing program in your spare time?

Done
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/659/nightwingboothv20xm2.png
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2857/abrbannerv40kt6.png

DoomITP
2009-01-11, 04:53 PM
I'm working on a series of art updates. Mostly things that have just been bothering me. Such as the eye shape and stroke. I'm almost done thankfully :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-01-11, 04:55 PM
I'm working on a series of art updates. Mostly things that have just been bothering me. Such as the eye shape and stroke. I'm almost done thankfully :smallbiggrin:

Remember to add mouths.:smalltongue:

Threeshades
2009-01-11, 05:48 PM
Art updating might be appropriate i could get some more consequential templates. My templates usually consist of the character in question in the pose i made them in. Each usually drawn from scratch. Sometimes just changed from an older picture i had.

Im thinking blank bodies with eyes in each gender for each race and maybe some variation as it is the case in Rich's style. And each blank template in various common poses (standing, walking, running, and so on)

And on those i add the colors and extras of each character where appropriate.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-11, 06:05 PM
Im thinking blank bodies with eyes in each gender for each race and maybe some variation as it is the case in Rich's style. And each blank template in various common poses (standing, walking, running, and so on)

Hmmm... i only seem to have the characters standing around looking stupid...
(unlike my DoY templates, they seem quite organized...:smallconfused:)

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 06:07 PM
I just edit my Oliver template. Standard look, pants, shirt, ummm... head...

Or for robed characters I use my Lying template.

For girls I use the template I have for Lily (The Succubus)

Keris
2009-01-11, 06:12 PM
I invested a while ago in Template Guy!TM and he hasn't steered me wrong yet. In fact, the first avatar I made with him is still in use, and is about the only avatar I've drawn that someone else is using.
Of course, I've had to get hold of Template Girl!!TM, Template Halfling!TM and Template Slyph!TM, but that's mainly just to complete the set.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 06:15 PM
No Template Catgirl!?

memnarch
2009-01-11, 06:20 PM
I invested a while ago in Template Guy!TM and he hasn't steered me wrong yet. In fact, the first avatar I made with him is still in use, and is about the only avatar I've drawn that someone else is using.
Of course, I've had to get hold of Template Girl!!TM, Template Halfling!TM and Template Slyph!TM, but that's mainly just to complete the set.

This "Template GuyTM" investment intrigues me. May I learn/see where to get this set so I don't have essentially static poses for my characters? (well, not really as I touch them up so they aren't that frozen)

Keris
2009-01-11, 06:27 PM
No Template Catgirl!?
Well, I had to hand-craft the Catgirl EarsTM. I mean, I couldn't outsource those. And the tail's easy to draw, and really should be in a different position in each panel, so can't really be templates.
So Catgirls are made using Template Girl!TM, mainly for OotS characters, or Template Sylph!TM, for Dekopin and others (e.g. banner catgirls).

This "Template GuyTM" investment intrigues me. May I learn/see where to get this set so I don't have essentially static poses for my characters? (well, not really as I touch them up so they aren't that frozen)

Unfortunately Templates!, Inc. has yet to release a full pose set, and is currently limited to Standing, 3/4 view.

Mad Mask
2009-01-11, 06:37 PM
I usually make templates and poses from scratch when I have to include them in my comic. For important characters, I usually have a box with the different poses and views (which speeds up the process, since I don't have to re-shade them when I copy them into my comic). For example, Stephen Mask (this template appears to be ugly compared to my new template of him, which I have yet to include in any comic):

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fanart/templates.png

I do not usually copy features from a characters to an other, but I tend to have eyes ready for less important characters.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-11, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately Templates!, Inc. has yet to release a full pose set, and is currently limited to Standing, 3/4 view.

Yeah, all my characters are this. Posed as required, and you can't go wrong with 3/4 view. Seconding Template Guy!TM as a worthwhile investment, though.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 06:59 PM
What is this TemplateGuy! of which you speak.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-11, 07:06 PM
Assuming there's any detail to the arms, I make a 3/4 view with one arm by the side and an outstretched arms (If no detail, just the arm by the side). Expression varies but is usually regular eyes and a closed mouth (Typically a smile).

I usually convert an old template, but quite often I'll resize parts or make new pieces of clothing or props from scratch. Eyes are uniform across my templates, barring scale, so I keep a separate SVG file with standard expression components, like frowns, pointed eyebrows, curious/confused eyebrows, closed eyes, all variations of smiling and toothy smiles, etc.

Vulion
2009-01-11, 07:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/ABRAntics.jpg

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-11, 07:22 PM

:smallbiggrin:

My only complaint is I'd argue the merits of brie more than swiss cheese, but I suppose swiss would be easier to draw.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 07:23 PM
I'm partial to Mozzarella sticks as well...

BRC
my day has just been made!

Keris

Too true, too true. We go through threads to slowly.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-11, 07:29 PM
meh, the best cheeses are Edam (cuz its made backwards :smalltongue:)
red lester and double Gloucester :smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 07:31 PM
I'm afraid we don't have any of those in stock sir.

Keris
2009-01-11, 07:31 PM
meh, the best cheeses are Edam (cuz its made backwards :smalltongue:)
*Groans*ninja text

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-11, 07:39 PM
Meh, cheese is completely grody anyways. Fermented milk chunks? I'll pass. :smallyuk:

Keris
2009-01-11, 07:52 PM
I'm afraid we don't have any of those in stock sir.

Oh, never mind, how are you on Tilsit?
Any Caerphilly, if you please?
Bel Paese?
Red Windsor?
Stilton?
Ementhal?
Gruyere?
Any Norwegian Jarlsberg, per chance?
Lipta?
Lancashire?
White Stilton?
Danish Brew?
Double Gloucester?
Cheshire?
Dorset Blue Venny?
Brie?
Roquefort?
Pol le Veq?
Port Salut?
Savoy Aire?
Saint Paulin?
Carrier de lest?
Bres Bleu?
Bruson?
Camembert, perhaps?
Gouda?
Edam?
Case Ness?
Smoked Austrian?
Japanese Sage Darby?
Wensleydale?
Greek Feta?
Gorgonzola?
Parmesan?
Mozzarella?
Paper Cramer?
Danish Bimbo?
Czech sheep's milk?
Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?
Cheddar?
Ilchester?
Limburger?
Sometimes, having the complete scripts to Monty Python next to you pays off. :P

Threeshades
2009-01-11, 08:04 PM
Cheesecakecheese is the only real cheese.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 08:06 PM
HERETIC!

*Fires gun full of hot, melted cheddar cheese*

I like Cheese, I just hate Cheez... Ugh...

Threeshades
2009-01-11, 08:09 PM
HERETIC!

*Fires gun full of hot, melted cheddar cheese*

I like Cheese, I just hate Cheez... Ugh...

U cant has cheezburgr?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-11, 08:14 PM
At this point it looks like Vulion's prediction was partially correct.

Vulion
2009-01-11, 08:17 PM
Woot! I called it!

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-11, 08:24 PM

Cool! I love comics with me in them!

Take that, Lyinginbedmon, with your stupid swiss cheese! :smallmad::smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-11, 08:27 PM
No, you brought it on.
Down with Gouda!
That's like betting that a wrestler will win a match, and then shooting the other wrestler in the head.
Down with Gouda!

Vulion
2009-01-11, 08:41 PM
No, you brought it on.
Down with Gouda!
That's like betting that a wrestler will win a match, and then shooting the other wrestler in the head.
Down with Gouda!

I still win the bet!

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Fay Graydon
2009-01-11, 09:55 PM
Oh, never mind, how are you on Tilsit?
Any Caerphilly, if you please?
Bel Paese?
Red Windsor?
Stilton?
Ementhal?
Gruyere?
Any Norwegian Jarlsberg, per chance?
Lipta?
Lancashire?
White Stilton?
Danish Brew?
Double Gloucester?
Cheshire?
Dorset Blue Venny?
Brie?
Roquefort?
Pol le Veq?
Port Salut?
Savoy Aire?
Saint Paulin?
Carrier de lest?
Bres Bleu?
Bruson?
Camembert, perhaps?
Gouda?
Edam?
Case Ness?
Smoked Austrian?
Japanese Sage Darby?
Wensleydale?
Greek Feta?
Gorgonzola?
Parmesan?
Mozzarella?
Paper Cramer?
Danish Bimbo?
Czech sheep's milk?
Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?
Cheddar?
Ilchester?
Limburger?
Sometimes, having the complete scripts to Monty Python next to you pays off. :P

You forgot Highly processed c**p cheese

EDIT:
hey guis! hows about a joke i made up?...

What is a catalyst?

(answer in spoiler)

Tiddles,
Felix,
Garfield,
Makavaty....
(pwned!)

memnarch
2009-01-11, 10:24 PM
...errgggah! What a horrid pun!

(but then, what pun isn't?)

BRC
2009-01-11, 10:28 PM
...errgggah! What a horrid pun!

(but then, what pun isn't?)

I once entered a pun contest ya know. I sent in ten submissions, hoping one of them would win, but no pun in ten did.

Also, I updated Rob and Jack, with a new inkscapery technique!

Fawkes
2009-01-11, 10:59 PM
I once entered a pun contest ya know. I sent in ten submissions, hoping one of them would win, but no pun in ten did.

*applause*

Darklord Bright
2009-01-12, 05:54 AM
I love that artstyle, Vulion, but perhaps that's just because I like 'real' drawing more than Computer Generated. This bias comes because I can't draw for beans on a computer but I'm actually pretty good in real life. Unfortunately my scanner is broken. :smallannoyed:

Nameless
2009-01-12, 06:00 AM

I laughd so hard V. :smallbiggrin:

Oh and I'm still drawing the angel... I'll get round to continuing it... Eventually...

Darklord Bright
2009-01-12, 06:03 AM
I just caught a fly in two fingers and let it go without killing it. :O

Nameless
2009-01-12, 06:05 AM
I just caught a fly in two fingers and let it go without killing it. :O

Why didn't you kill it, you coulda fryed it up. They have a lot of protine.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-12, 06:06 AM
Why didn't you kill it, you coulda fryed it up. They have a lot of protine.

Because, in all honesty, I hate the way they feel and so I let it go out of a reflexive "EWW!"

Keris
2009-01-12, 06:11 AM
Because, in all honesty, I hate the way they feel and so I let it go out of a reflexive "EWW!"

See, that completely ruins the bad-assitude of plucking a fly out of the air.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-12, 06:13 AM
See, that completely ruins the bad-assitude of plucking a fly out of the air.

I know. It would have been so much cooler if I had done it on purpose and not become a little girl.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-12, 06:27 AM
I did something similar once, in the dead of night in my back yard.

Then my mum informed me it was a spider and you could not have found a drop of blood in my face for twelve minutes afterwards.

Nameless
2009-01-12, 06:42 AM
I know. It would have been so much cooler if I had done it on purpose and not become a little girl.

Or if you did it with chop sticks.

And then om nom'd it.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-12, 09:18 AM
I once caught a fly with chopsticls.... i was there like =O
it died of course...
heh i has no mercy.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-12, 09:29 AM
I once caught a fly with chopsticls.... i was there like =O
it died of course...
heh i has no mercy.

Cold hearted beast! That poor fly was probably on it's way to the fly orphanage, where it would have donated large sums of fly money and read stories to the orphaned maggot babies.

Hang your head in shame!

<.<

Fay Graydon
2009-01-12, 09:36 AM
*hangs head in shame*
Wait what?! :smallconfused:
why would a fly need an orphanage in the first place...

Nameless
2009-01-12, 09:51 AM
*hangs head in shame*
Wait what?! :smallconfused:
why would a fly need an orphanage in the first place...

Now now, let's not focus on hanging lampshades.
You just hang your head in shame while I carve your name on the wall of shame using the Chisel of Shame and the Hammer of Despair. :smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-12, 09:56 AM
And the stepstool of punitive torture

I'm somewhat surprised there's been no reaction in the Pop:Zero thread, considering it just got it's first update in weeks...

Nameless
2009-01-12, 10:00 AM
In the Chamber of Surrow

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-12, 04:04 PM
We've really slown down in the past few days, haven't we? Somebody do something. :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-01-12, 04:14 PM
Well, MM said he wanted to do the next comic concerning Oscar, Ven, Memnarch and Icedragons, so I'm waiting for that to happen.

Mad Mask
2009-01-12, 04:22 PM
Well, MM said he wanted to do the next comic concerning Oscar, Ven, Memnarch and Icedragons, so I'm waiting for that to happen.

I've finished updating my templates, so it should be up soon(ish).

Shades of Gray
2009-01-12, 04:24 PM
Oscar? I hope you mean Oliver.

BRC
2009-01-12, 04:26 PM
Oscar? I hope you mean Oliver.
Yes, that guy. He goes by many names.

memnarch
2009-01-12, 08:01 PM
Yeah, we've slowed down quite a bit.

It doesn't help me any that I just got the Orange Box either.

DoomITP
2009-01-12, 08:15 PM
or that i got a rocket launcher in gunz :smalltongue:

Keris
2009-01-12, 08:23 PM
Or that the total filesize of all my Oblivion mods has far exceeded the size of the game itself...

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-12, 08:26 PM
Or that college has started up for me and I completely underestimated the amount of work necessary to make page #134

Shades of Gray
2009-01-12, 08:32 PM
Or that this could totally be an SMBG game...

Szilard
2009-01-12, 08:55 PM
Or that I actually decided to do my homework for once.

*Gets back to doing homework.*

Fawkes
2009-01-12, 09:03 PM
Or that I've decided to start GMing PBP using the Returners Final Fantasy Roleplaying System.

Eita
2009-01-12, 09:54 PM
Or that I do have also just gotten the Orange Box

Darklord Bright
2009-01-12, 11:36 PM
Or that someone is going to break this combo.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-12, 11:54 PM
Or that the mods are going to burst down the ABR door, and move us to SMBG.

memnarch
2009-01-13, 12:24 AM
Fine! :smallyuk:

I vaguely remember someone having a nice template sheet that they used for making characters. Had weapon designs, body outline, things like that.

Question, who was it?

Shades of Gray
2009-01-13, 12:41 AM
I have those. I can export them to here tomorrow, as I'm posting this on my laptop.

EDIT: Forget who, and that's really bad.

Nameless
2009-01-13, 06:26 AM
Or that I do have also just gotten the Orange Box

Good Orange Box is be.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-13, 07:15 AM
I think it was Serpentine that made them.

Side note: I've gotten PM summaries of the Ethereal Plane according to Gremlin and Shades of Gray. I'm assuming there are more takers than that.

The Gremlin
2009-01-13, 10:57 AM
I think it was Serpentine that made them.

Side note: I've gotten PM summaries of the Ethereal Plane according to Gremlin and Shades of Gray. I'm assuming there are more takers than that.

Ummm...no there aren't. SoG and I are the only ones.
In fact, SoG's is a fake. It doesn't really exist.
Only mine does.:smalltongue:
Gah, forums are moving slow because of the new OotS....:smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-13, 11:26 AM
Ummm...no there aren't. SoG and I are the only ones.
In fact, SoG's is a fake. It doesn't really exist.
Only mine does.:smalltongue:
Gah, forums are moving slow because of the new OotS....:smallannoyed:

Didn't Mad Mask make one too?
And Shades of Grays are real.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-13, 11:59 AM
Or that.... awww i was too late :smallfrown: damn college :smalltongue:.

I useually share templates and stuff on other characters around sumtimes
>.>
<.<
>.>

EDIT: IM A BARBARIAN NOW?!
ive only just noticed...

Mina Kobold
2009-01-13, 02:50 PM
Or that.... awww i was too late :smallfrown: damn college :smalltongue:.

I useually share templates and stuff on other characters around sumtimes
>.>
<.<
>.>

EDIT: IM A BARBARIAN NOW?!
ive only just noticed...

Really.... OH my God! Me too WOOHOO!!!

chriky
2009-01-13, 03:01 PM
I finally got Orc the other day.

Got a longway to go to get barbarian though. :smallsigh:

Edit - And the fire witin has updated if anyone cares.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-13, 03:02 PM
Personally, I think "Troll" and "Ghost" are the funniest two.

EDIT: Whoah, I'm a bugbear now!

Kazul
2009-01-13, 04:33 PM
Isn't talking about ranks and stuff quite, you know, forbidden? <is totally not saying that because of his Pixie rank :smalltongue:>

Fawkes
2009-01-13, 04:55 PM
Isn't talking about ranks and stuff quite, you know, forbidden? <is totally not saying that because of his Pixie rank :smalltongue:>

Discussing the specifics of how many posts each one takes is forbidden, as is profiling someone based on title. Saying "yay im a bugbear" or "lulz ghost" isn't against the rules.

memnarch
2009-01-13, 04:59 PM
quick aside, who's got a steam account here?

Mine's memnarchx

Lying; I'll dig up KP and my version later today and send it to you.

The Gremlin
2009-01-13, 06:34 PM
Personally, I think "Troll" and "Ghost" are the funniest two.

EDIT: Whoah, I'm a bugbear now!

What's ghost? Is that when you haven't posted at all?:smallconfused:
Also, welcome to the Bugbear Brotherhood. We iz speshulz!:smallbiggrin:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-13, 06:41 PM
What's ghost? Is that when you haven't posted at all?:smallconfused:

Yeah, I think you get it if you haven't had any account activity in x amount of time. But we shouldn't be talking about these things, me thinks.

But anyways, another slow day for the Abr chat has ended, (here anywho) And joy, it's Wednesday.. the worst day of the week.. :smallannoyed:

Keris
2009-01-13, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I think you get it if you haven't had any account activity in x amount of time. But we shouldn't be talking about these things, me thinks.

But anyways, another slow day for the Abr chat has ended, (here anywho) And joy, it's Wednesday.. the worst day of the week.. :smallannoyed:

Ghost is 0 posts, IIRC. You rarely see them outside of SMBG.

And Wednesday? That's a good 10 minutes away! Today is still Tuesday! :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-01-13, 06:52 PM
Ghost is 0 posts, IIRC. You rarely see them outside of SMBG.

And Wednesday? That's a good 10 minutes away! Today is still Tuesday! :smalltongue:

Still Tuesday here, completely...it's 3:52 PM.:smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-13, 07:00 PM
And joy, it's Wednesday.. the worst day of the week.. :smallannoyed:

Still quite Tuesday for us Canadians (and possibly for those cowboys to the south. I don't know since I don't understand time zones at all) which means your in the future! :smalleek:

Also, I like Wednesdays. It's when that online video "Zero Puncuation" updates, even though I need a friend's computer to watch it.

What makes Wednesday bad? :smallconfused:

@V: Uncivilized?! Ad least our women are attractive! :smallmad:

Keris
2009-01-13, 07:02 PM
Still Tuesday here, completely...it's 3:52 PM.:smallamused:

It is now Wednesday. For the civilised world at least.
:smalltongue:

memnarch
2009-01-13, 07:14 PM
Sez you. :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-01-13, 07:16 PM
It is still firmly tuesday where I am. Wednesday is coming on strong though, and I doubt Tuesday will last for more than, say, five or six hours.

Szilard
2009-01-13, 07:16 PM
West coast for the win.:smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-13, 07:20 PM
Nothing beats Ontario.

NOTHING

Szilard
2009-01-13, 07:22 PM
West coast equals Ontario in awesomeness then.

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 07:24 PM
Still quite Tuesday for us Canadians (and possibly for those cowboys to the south. I don't know since I don't understand time zones at all) which means your in the future! :smalleek:
Also, I like Wednesdays. It's when that online video "Zero Punctuation" updates, even though I need a friend's computer to watch it

Q, I do not think you have heard about the international Dateline, which is a region where the difference between time zones is about 24 hours?

I also enjoy Yahtzee's ramblings, but let us focus on the actual comic.

Oh look it's Olimar from Pikmin.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-13, 07:25 PM
You and your silly California, one day you will perform your Californian break... And go hang with Hawaii... Alaska can come too.

Eita
2009-01-13, 07:28 PM

Time zones change as you go east or west. They only time it changes if you go north or south -well, it's the biggest example- is with the International Date Line.

Szilard
2009-01-13, 07:31 PM
Or you could walk north/south past the north/south pole. Then it could be tomorrow.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-13, 07:34 PM
Szilard, you are constantly listed as "offline", do you do that on purpose, or do you log in only while making a post, then log off/close the window. Don't think I've ever seen you with the green light.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-13, 07:37 PM
Could we please get onto a topic of conversation that's at least partially relevant to the thread?

memnarch
It be called "Invisibility Mode". Enables from "edit options" in the user cp.

kpenguin
A glance at Szilard's profile tells me that the page doesn't list the last time Szilard's been online.

memnarch
2009-01-13, 07:38 PM
Oh yeah.

I have those. I can export them to here tomorrow, as I'm posting this on my laptop.

EDIT: Forget who, and that's really bad.
You posting them soon?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-13, 07:40 PM
Oh look it's Olimar from Pikmin.

Where?! :smalleek::smallconfused:

Nothing beats Ontario.

NOTHING

HELL YEAH! :smallcool:

*high five*

Szilard
2009-01-13, 07:40 PM
I turned invisibility on a couple months ago.

Keris
2009-01-13, 07:41 PM
Where?! :smalleek::smallconfused:

In Plot 3 maybe?
Him and his mutant vegetables... I will bring the full fury of Haaluite law upon him when I can be bothered!

Shades of Gray
2009-01-13, 07:46 PM
Huttah!

Teh templates...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/image34802.png
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/image34869.png
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/image34936.png

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-13, 08:13 PM
Still quite Tuesday for us Canadians (and possibly for those cowboys to the south. I

I live in Texas... :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Shades of gray, Holy crap. Is there a way to transfer things you find on the internet into inkscape things!

memnarch
2009-01-13, 08:27 PM
Crim; yep, it's called "tracing".

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-13, 08:37 PM
I live in Texas... :smallannoyed:

The tell me, is it fun to be a cowboy? :smalltongue:

I can imagine it is, because cowboys are so cool, second only to myself, us Canadians, pirates, ninjas and occasionally monkeys on the awsome-o-meter.

Keris
2009-01-14, 04:44 AM
Huttah!

Teh templates...

Gorbash Kazdar made 'em. He's taken them down now, but I'm fairly certain it was him.

Bayar
2009-01-14, 07:48 AM
Gorbash Kazdar made 'em. He's taken them down now, but I'm fairly certain it was him.

Correct .

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-14, 08:13 AM
And go hang with Hawaii... Alaska can come too.
Ahhhhh Motherland! (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end)

Could we please get onto a topic of conversation that's at least partially relevant to the thread?
You've obviously forgotten what thread you're in. :smalltongue:

Huttah!

Teh templates...

I was working on one of those mega template sheets to.. I should probably update it, seeing as it's all about half a year old. Stupid time, damn thing just wont stand still. :smallannoyed:

The Gremlin
2009-01-14, 10:16 AM
The tell me, is it fun to be a cowboy? :smalltongue:

I can imagine it is, because cowboys are so cool, second only to myself, us Canadians, pirates, ninjas and occasionally monkeys on the awsome-o-meter.

However on the awesome-o-meter, Vikings riding giant eagles are waaaay above you.:smallamused:

Serpentine
2009-01-14, 11:12 AM
I vaguely remember someone having a nice template sheet that they used for making characters. Had weapon designs, body outline, things like that.

Question, who was it?I made body templates, but not weapon ones. Maybe I should... but I just copy-paste from past works. Let me know if you want it, anyway.

I can totally legitimately post here, cuz I had a go at the very first one!
<.<
>.>

Nameless
2009-01-14, 11:17 AM
However on the awesome-o-meter, Vikings riding giant eagles are waaaay above you.:smallamused:

I found something even moar awesome:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-cute-viking-cat.jpg

The Gremlin
2009-01-14, 11:24 AM
I found something even moar awesome:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-cute-viking-cat.jpg

OMYGAWD!!!
VIKING KITTIES RIDING GIANT EAGLES!!!
WIN!!:smallbiggrin:
Also, any comments on my new avvy?

Serpentine
2009-01-14, 11:38 AM
vikingkittens.com/ (http://www.vikingkittens.com/)

Mina Kobold
2009-01-14, 11:39 AM
OMYGAWD!!!
VIKING KITTIES RIDING GIANT EAGLES!!!
WIN!!:smallbiggrin:
Also, any comments on my new avvy?

Don't stretch it. The Vikings can ride giant eagles but the cats must ride something smaller, their might liesv in cuteness and giant eagles with them on just looks silly (small flying boats with Viking kitties would be awesome)

Also: fun avvy :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2009-01-14, 11:41 AM
Don't stretch it. The Vikings can ride giant eagles but the cats must ride something smaller, their might liesv in cuteness and giant eagles with them on just looks silly (small flying boats with Viking kitties would be awesome)

Also: fun avvy :smallbiggrin:
The viking kitties obviously ride non-giant eagles.

And Bears. Viking Kitties riding Bears...With Laser Vision.

Nameless
2009-01-14, 11:53 AM
The viking kitties obviously ride non-giant eagles.

And Bears. Viking Kitties riding Bears...With Laser Vision.

Bears with spikes.

Nameless
2009-01-14, 11:55 AM
vikingkittens.com/ (http://www.vikingkittens.com/)

VIKING KITTIES SKINGING IMMIGRANT SONG!!!!!!11ONE

Also, what are you doing here? :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2009-01-14, 12:04 PM
I'll tell you what I'm not doing here. I absolutely did not do a search for my own name, find it here and decide to comment on it, then got suspiciously directly reminded of an old site I used to like. No sir-ree.
<.<
>.>
But I really did take part once!

Mina Kobold
2009-01-14, 12:42 PM
Don't make me mad again Nameless (:smallmad:), Brc (Hi..) and Serpentine (whom is a good artist I heard). Bears are silly with cats on them and lasers aren't improving it but eagles on the other hand...

On a different topic that video don't make sense since a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they sail to while leaving the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
But else it's fun.

Elder Tsofu
2009-01-14, 12:55 PM
a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they sail to while leaving the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
But else it's fun.

A) probably not, B) it is quite cold, depending on what you compare it with and where in scandinavia you are (Denmark is quite tropical I've heard :smalltongue:), C) western shore? the baltic nations and russia ofcourse - the swedish vikings did that. D) I personally think worksongs have been sung on many a vikingship while putting your muscles at work by the oars. :smallwink:

And didn't Gorbash Kazdar put up a quite big collection of templates for weapons, clothes, harstyles and bodies?

BRC
2009-01-14, 12:58 PM
Don't make me mad again Nameless (:smallmad:), Brc (Hi..) and Serpentine (whom is a good artist I heard). Bears are silly with cats on them and lasers aren't improving it but eagles on the other hand...

On a different topic that video don't make sense since a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they sail to while leaving the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
But else it's fun.
Cold is a relative term, I'm sure Scandinavians wouldn't consider it cold (I'll need to ask my norwegian cousin that), in the same way that, say, arabs may consider their homeland Hot.
The horns in the helmet thing is not true though, that is widely acknowledged.
Also, please stop taking random silly things as insults to your cultural heritage, it gets kinda annoying.

Serpentine
2009-01-14, 01:03 PM
But else it's fun.Well, the song's actually a classic by Led Zeppelin, but aside from that:
a) No, though the Celts did. It's just a popular image, and I don't think they were really going for historical accuracy.
b) Uh... Yes it is :smallconfused: At the very least, bits of it are, at the very very least it is in winter, and furthermore there were/are plenty of Vikings in Iceland, which is plenty cold.
c) Assuming "western shore" could refer to "shore to the West", it'd probably be the UK.
d) I find it hard to believe any people only sing when drunk.

Seriously though. It's a video of kittens. Viking kittens. Wielding weapons. On a boat. Why the bajeebus are you complaining about that stuff? :smallconfused:

Elder: I don't even belong in this thread, and even I know someone already posted those templates :smalltongue:

I mean... Yes I do belong here <.<

Fawkes
2009-01-14, 01:15 PM
Serpy, Keveak perceives any references to vikings as slights against his cultural advantage. We don't know why. Don't bother questioning it, just ignore/make fun of him, that's what we do.

http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/viking-helmets.jpg
Pictured: Average Scandanavian Male

Nameless
2009-01-14, 01:16 PM

On a different topic that video don't make sense since a) Vikings didn't have horns in their helmets, b) Scandinavia aint really cold, c) Wich western shore could they the coast, and d) They only sang when drunk wich they wheren't while sailing.
But else it's fun.

a- Actually, some Vikings did have small horns on their helemts, but it's been over exadurated due to their "Barberic" image

b- Compaired to other countries around europe, most of Scandinavia such as Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland are quite cold

c- It was just a joke animation.

d- The were always drunk. :smalltongue:

@ Mechafox: I LUL'D! :smallbiggrin:

Kazul
2009-01-14, 01:24 PM
I mean... Yes I do belong here <.<

Everybody does :D. I think it's like the first rule of ABR, if you ignore the fact it actually isn't, of course :smalltongue:.

@Gremlin: I like your avy. Is it the thing Sean of the Dead was trying to capture in his avatar?

Elder Tsofu
2009-01-14, 01:34 PM
http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/viking-helmets.jpg
Pictured: Average Scandanavian Male
Just to clarify, it's the individual in the back who is the male (we are known for our hairy chests and blond hair, although this one is a tad under average height or a youth). The one in the front is the average female - we have a lot in common with spiders.

And serpentine, you belong here more than I do - so don't worry. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-14, 01:34 PM
I was mostly joking too. By the way winter never have much snow over here so considering it cold and snowy can't be right and they belived that mead made you sing and rhyme better to the point of blamming bad skills in that to not drinking enough.

YAY for obscure historic facts.

By the way Viking cats sound awesome but looks ridiculus and Battleon like in that video.

EDIT: Why post a picture with mo*ons in plastic helmets and claim they are scandinavian while Scandinavians looks like so many other Europeans and also many American. (Technically speaking many people look arab over here due to immigrants from those Arab countries with wars) Anyway lets stop discussing this and find another topic such as FI, FFF or Plot 3.

Nameless
2009-01-14, 01:47 PM
I was mostly joking too. By the way winter never have much snow over here so considering it cold and snowy can't be right and they belived that mead made you sing and rhyme better to the point of blamming bad skills in that to not drinking enough.

YAY for obscure historic facts.

By the way Viking cats sound awesome but looks ridiculus and Battleon like in that video.

EDIT: Why post a picture with mo*ons in plastic helmets and claim they are scandinavian while Scandinavians looks like so many other Europeans and also many American. (Technically speaking many people look arab over here due to immigrants from those Arab countries with wars) Anyway lets stop discussing this and find another topic such as FI, FFF or Plot 3.

YAY for Grammatically incorrect historic facts. :smalltongue:

chriky
2009-01-14, 02:11 PM
By the way winter never have much snow over here so considering it cold and snowy can't be right.

Yeah but you live in Denmark which is only a small (and warmest) part of scandinavia.

@Mechafox - Make a comic or i'll... or i'll... or i'll... ,Well I won't do anything but would you make a comic anyway please.

Nameless
2009-01-14, 02:45 PM
This year, PETA has decided to aim their campaigns at innocent children with Ideology such as this: http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Please end the madness, and help stop PETA brain washing our children.

Think with logic, Think with
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/MEPA.png

chriky
2009-01-14, 03:19 PM
This year, PETA has decided to aim their campaigns at innocent children with Ideology such as this: http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Please end the madness, and help stop PETA brain washing our children.

Think with logic, Think with
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/MEPA.png

What does PETA stand for? :smallconfused:

Nameless
2009-01-14, 03:25 PM

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. :smallannoyed:

chriky
2009-01-14, 03:31 PM
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. :smallannoyed:

I agree with that. The ethical treatment for animals is for them to be our food.

Fawkes
2009-01-14, 03:32 PM
Fish are not kittens! :smallmad:

Nameless
2009-01-14, 03:34 PM
Please, Join MEPA and put an end to the madness. :smalleek:

The Gremlin
2009-01-14, 03:46 PM
Kitten Vikings riding giant eagles are awesome. So there.
Picture this: A ship is sailing the waters. It is midday. Suddenly, they hear a savage cry, and enormous eagles dive them! They look for the mighty riders, but all they see are savage kittens wearing adorable--though possibly inaccurate--horned helmets!!!

Emperor Ing
2009-01-14, 03:51 PM
Please, Join MEPA and put an end to the madness. :smalleek:

Hell no, I will NOT sign a petition which, by ALL means, is a violation of our constitutional rights as americans to express ourselves by slitting the throats of the sea kittens. I want to see a petition to ALLOW sea-kitten mass slaughter. :smallmad:

The Gremlin
2009-01-14, 04:02 PM
Hell no, I will NOT sign a petition which, by ALL means, is a violation of our constitutional rights as americans to express ourselves by slitting the throats of the sea kittens. I want to see a petition to ALLOW sea-kitten mass slaughter. :smallmad:

Careful, or the kitten Vikings riding giant eagles'll getcha. Their mastery over the Rule of Cool is much greater than yours.

chriky
2009-01-14, 04:05 PM
I've been working on a new art style.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/Hpandy_Johnston/Chriky/newstyle.png

1. What do you think?
2. Do you prefer the thick or thin lines for the arms and legs?

The Gremlin
2009-01-14, 04:06 PM

1. What do you think?

I like the first, I guess.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-14, 05:11 PM
I made my own sea kitten and it had a unicorn howrn, and glasses, and a mustache, and a vest, and cat ears, and an elephant trunk. All on the same fishy body. Ew.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-14, 05:20 PM

1. What do you think?

1. Neat, I could see it working
2. I'd go with the thicker lines, gives a better impression of musculature than the slender lines.

memnarch
2009-01-14, 05:46 PM

People Eating Tasty Animals, duh. :smalltongue:

Careful, or the kitten Vikings riding giant eagles'll getcha. Their mastery over the Rule of Cool is much greater than yours.

Disagree!

1. What do you think?

1. Interesting new style.
2. Depends on the tone you want to send. Weak guy has thin, strong guy had thick.