PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 09:21 AM
Ugh.

1) Avbaroy is not a city

2) The UNA didn't kill people when they took over peacefully, they would only attack those who resist.

I changed the 1st one, and I never said she died, just that she couldn't escape.

T-O-E
2009-01-24, 09:50 AM
A litttle like Rorschach in the Watchmen.

Yeah, I definitely got a Rorschach vibe from him.

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 09:54 AM
Now that I've returned from a good night sleep, I will answer all your questions about Future Imperfect with the best of my ability.

On side note, are there any droids or robots in FI, and how advanced is the technology there anyway? I wonder what kind of equipment UNA has access to...

No droids, robots or electronic devices, except the Sovices. The mainstream technology looks more like steampunk, with analogue computers, steam bombards (from Lockutas) and 16-17th century looking pistols (with advanced mechanisms), primitive balloons, archaic horseless carriages (http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/64/74364-004-9FB1CC39.jpg), but no machine, gatling, automatic guns and no Zeppelins. The most lucky or important members of the UNA have accessed to more advanced technology, from the Sovices.

Technology in avbaroy is so mixed up you wonder why there are still states that fight with swords and warhammers while others are already lasering each other since centuries.

Schizotec and Helina are the only one that fit the second description, but the former is night impossible to enter and the latter spend a millennium and a half in a confusing Time Skip. Both were conquered or destroyed by the time of Future Imperfect. Therefore, all nations would have the same technologies (except the leaders of the UNA, who enjoy portions of Sovice technology).

I made an introductory comic for Future Imperfect, dispite the fact FFF isn't over yet and there are probably a whole bunch of people who called it.

snip

Now, unless this hypothetically could be canon, it is at the moment considered non-canon.

Also, as seen in the above comic, I was thinking that "GSQ" could be a narrator for FI. A litttle like Rorschach in the Watchmen.

There are is one problem with this comic: The UNA actually improves the quality of life. The official leaders think they are doing the right thing. Avbaroy is not headed for Nineteen Eighty-Four, but Brave New World. The situation you are describing, however, fits perfectly with what I've imagined of Schizotec.

Because some people choose to get their hands dirty. That, and melee weapons do far greater damage than ranged.

Bollocks. Good ranged weapons are better than good close-combat weapons because you can kill your enemy before he reaches you. Even musketeers can beat an armoured knight.

I changed the 1st one, and I never said she died, just that she couldn't escape.

Escape from what ? Living a happy life and having the most advanced technology than she could hope for ?

Anything else that I should answer to ?

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 09:56 AM
Why oh why, Great MM, the one with so much free time on his hands...

Why the heck do you have so much free time on your hands?

Threeshades
2009-01-24, 11:37 AM
Yes, because in the real world peasant villagers could never possibly be attacked by soldiers with assault rifles, every nation has exactly the same technologies.

Tell that to the guys who are firing their Vietnam relics of RPGs at abrams tanks right now. :smallwink:(note this was not a political statement it was merely a statement about having the same technologies)

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-24, 12:29 PM
I think MM has more free time because he's younger than most of us, whilst just about as mature. Meaning he produces us-level work in the more expansive free time of youth.

Not that we haven't been known to pull of some big stuff in small time. In one half hour session I wrote the majority of this (http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.php/Timeline_of_the_LRRd), for example.

Tell that to the guys who are firing their Vietnam relics of RPGs at abrams tanks right now. :smallwink:(note this was not a political statement it was merely a statement about having the same technologies)

Vietnam RPGs and AK47s versus laser-guided missiles and night-vision...

I think you're still looking at a difference.

chriky
2009-01-24, 01:24 PM
There are two things that aren't wrong but really annoy me about Q's comic.

1) it's from GSQ's perspective and I don't think it should be. It shouldn't be from anyone's perspective as that's not fair.

2) i'm not in it. I know i'm being a bit big headed but I am Lying's right hand man and the leader of the second mobile front. I was either the or one of the earliest people to join FI and I don't think it's fair.

Nameless
2009-01-24, 01:25 PM
I made an introductory comic for Future Imperfect, dispite the fact FFF isn't over yet and there are probably a whole bunch of people who called it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/23ktg5l.png

Now, unless this hypothetically could be canon, it is at the moment considered non-canon.

Also, as seen in the above comic, I was thinking that "GSQ" could be a narrator for FI. A litttle like Rorschach in the Watchmen.

Wasn't there already a really long descussion between me and MM over who was going to do the intro comic?
And wasn't it MM that ended up winning that one? :smallconfused:

Escape from what ? Living a happy life and having the most advanced technology than she could hope for ?

Just let him have his character. Does it really matter that much?

chriky
2009-01-24, 01:29 PM
Finally this plot was letting people like me and MM who are often over looked in FFF to have a place in the spot light. But now all the people who we're main characters in FFF are coming in and are going to take control and pretty soon nobody will even remember I was in it. I might as well just give up now. :smallmad:

I think Q's comic proves what I said two threads ago was perfectly right.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 01:32 PM

1) it's from GSQ's perspective and I don't think it should be. It shouldn't be from anyone's perspective as that's not fair.

2) i'm not in it. I know i'm being a bit big headed but I am Lying's right hand man and the leader of the second mobile front. I was either the or one of the earliest people to join FI and I don't think it's fair.

1) Well, I think it should be. GSQ was a rather light-hearted character, and him being the dark narrator would really epiphysis how dark this is.

2) Oops. I Could add you if you want. I made this when the forums were down and I couldn't remember all the people who joined FI already.

V@: Yup. Still, I wish to have the first comic, even though you should have it.

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 01:33 PM
I think Q's comic proves what I said two threads ago was perfectly right.

Calm down, Chriky. Q's comic is probably just something he made out of boredom. When I will make the first comic, I will include everyone.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-24, 01:35 PM

As for the intro comic, why don't we all just do like 1 panel showing our characters, and send it to whoever gets the job to do the comic. They'll then put all the panels together, adding a fitting narrative and any extra panels if needed?

That way we'll have a first comic that everyone contributed to.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 01:39 PM
Calm down, Chriky. Q's comic is probably just something he made out of boredom. When I will make the first comic, I will include everyone.

Everyone? :smallfrown: (Sorry if I sound paranoid. Oh and Crims will die, So can you use Kris?)

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 01:40 PM
As for the intro comic, why don't we all just do like 1 panel showing our characters, and send it to whoever gets the job to do the comic. They'll then put all the panels together, adding a fitting narrative and any extra panels if needed?

That way we'll have a first comic that everyone contributed to.

Good on paper, but bad in practice. The panels would seem all blurry, the proportions would be irregular, the styles won't match, the quality would vary from panel to panel and it would be a little confusing. It's better to have one person (in this case: me) to do the first (or two) comics.

Everyone? :smallfrown: (Sorry if I sound paranoid. Oh and Crims will die, So can you use Kris?)

Everyone who's character makes sense and is consistent with the background of the comic.

chriky
2009-01-24, 01:41 PM
I know i'm being a bit over the top but when i said that in thread 15 everyone said no that won't happen and the fact is i'm practically the only one he forgot.

@Tiff - I think that's a good great idea.

Edit - @Q - Chriky was a light hearted character in FFF but I don't think he should start Fi I just want him to be acknowledged.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 01:44 PM
Just remember when you're making the first comic, Mad Mask, GSQ is the dark narrator. He has to be. :smalltongue:

^@: huh? :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 01:45 PM
I know i'm being a bit over the top but when i said that in thread 15 everyone said no that won't happen and the fact is i'm practically the only one he forgot.

Q's comic is non-canon. Mine, on the other hand, will include everyone. And to make sure I have everyone, I will ask all participants to re-post (or send me a PM) of their character bio.

Just remember when you're making the first comic, Mad Mask, GSQ is the dark narrator. He has to be. :smalltongue:

Of course. I will make multiple people narrate.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 01:45 PM
I think Tiff meant we should send one panel to an artist, and they re-do that panel, then make a comic out of it.

I think we should do something incredibly cheesy, like:

Lying (Off-Screen) We are the resistance. The last hope for Avbaroy. We have our reasons for attempting to overthrow these so-called "peacebringers"...

go to Oliver and Jakob, looking up at a spectral image of Antoine's head, Oliver as narrator: We fight because we know the truth behind the UNA.

go To Kris as narrator, looking at a spectral image of his mother: I fight for freedom, for those I have lost...

go to the Qs: I fight for X reason...

And so on...

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-24, 01:48 PM
I think Tiff meant we should send one panel to an artist, and they re-do that panel, then make a comic out of it.
This ^

Re-reading my post though, I notice I didn't really specify that. Because they obviously would be blurred etc if it was copy/pasted. But, yeah.. :smalltongue:

I think we should do something incredibly cheesy, like:
Also, this^

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 01:57 PM
/\ A ways up @Oliver. Nice!

Fawkes
2009-01-24, 02:02 PM
Good on paper, but bad in practice. The panels would seem all blurry, the proportions would be irregular, the styles won't match, the quality would vary from panel to panel and it would be a little confusing. It's better to have one person (in this case: me) to do the first (or two) comics.

Gengy would beg to differ.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/waywordfool/OotSAvatars/ABRHelloUniverse.jpg

chriky
2009-01-24, 02:11 PM
^@: huh? :smallconfused:

You said GSQ should be narrator because he want from light hearted to dark. Chriky also made this change, but I thinks it arrogant to say that my character should start a whole plot purely because of this.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 02:17 PM
You said GSQ should be narrator because he want from light hearted to dark. Chriky also made this change, but I thinks it arrogant to say that my character should start a whole plot purely because of this.

I see.

I was really hoping GSQ could be one of the really main characters of this plot alongside Chirky, as well as be the only narrator, but I suppose that isn't going to happen.

Kazul
2009-01-24, 02:23 PM
No droids, robots or electronic devices, except the Sovices. The mainstream technology looks more like steampunk, with analogue computers, steam bombards (from Lockutas) and 16-17th century looking pistols (with advanced mechanisms), primitive balloons, archaic horseless carriages (http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/64/74364-004-9FB1CC39.jpg), but no machine, gatling, automatic guns and no Zeppelins. The most lucky or important members of the UNA have accessed to more advanced technology, from the Sovices.

But I assume ALFs technology level is higher, in general? I mean we have computer(s?), modern guns and riffles, and even one of mobile fronts is a motorbike gang.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-24, 02:25 PM
But I assume ALFs technology level is higher, in general? I mean we have computer(s?), modern guns and riffles, and even one of mobile fronts is a motorbike gang.

And we also have Jovocian technology from the Citadel and an alliance with an orbiting Sovice fleet.

chriky
2009-01-24, 02:26 PM
I was really hoping GSQ could be one of the really main characters of this plot alongside Chirky

Well now your just sucking up. :smalltongue:

I have nothing against GSQ being a central character just not the narrator.
I'm sorry for being so rude earlier.

Allso - Can people try and remember my name is Chriky not Chirky.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-24, 02:30 PM
Also - Can people try and remember my name is Chriky not Chirky.

I remember one day, I went to double check your name, and I would have bet my life on it that your profile said Chirky. I then noticed several days later, then it was indeed Chriky.

I used to think Szliard was called Slizard. I really should pay closer attention to names.. <.<

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 02:31 PM
Well now your just sucking up. :smalltongue:

Why in the world would I suck up to you?! :smallyuk:

Just for that, I'm not going to ever draw you in my FI comics! Not ever! :smallmad::smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 02:32 PM
His name,s not Slizard!? :smalleek::smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 02:33 PM

The computers are the last of their kind, lost technology from Schizotec (now Schitzland). The Resistance had modern guns and rifles ? Well... They are not supposed to... And motorbikes are just armoured bicycles refitted with engines from the primitive auto mobiles or magitek, so that's not that bad.

And we also have Jovocian technology from the Citadel and an alliance with an orbiting Sovice fleet.

A fleet that will not remain intact forever...

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 02:39 PM
Shizotec has modern rifles, and Oliver can be seen wielding them. Jakob is wielding a modern pistol.

It's not like Oliver wouldn't be able to obtain Shizian weapons, after all he is a war hero.

BRC
2009-01-24, 02:39 PM
The computers are the last of their kind, lost technology from Schizotec (now Schitzland). The Resistance had modern guns and rifles ? Well... They are not supposed to... And motorbikes are just armoured bicycles refitted with engines from the primitive auto mobiles or magitek, so that's not that bad.

A fleet that will not intact forever...
They probably would have modern guns and rifles, Ven knows how to build them after all.

The reason the UNS was able to supress Schizian technology was that most of the advanced stuff was restricted to government officials anyway, so it's not like they had to break into citizens houses and confiscate their cell phones and laser cannons. All they had to do was sequester the stuff that belonged to the high-level government offcials, which said government officials had been sequestering themselves for generations.

Ven had accsess to much of that knowledge. Mind you, he may not have the right materials or tools to build modern guns for anybody except resistance leaders, but he knows how to build them.

Szilard
2009-01-24, 02:44 PM
I used to think Szliard was called Slizard. I really should pay closer attention to names.. <.<

Still wrong, it's Szilard.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-24, 02:46 PM
Still wrong, it's Szilard.

Heh.. I suppose that just reinforces my point there. <.<

Fay Graydon
2009-01-24, 02:50 PM
MM... I think your starting to verge on the line of Godmodding now :smallannoyed:.
And personally I think your starting to restrict this far too much.
To draw on a well known film quote:
Mad Mask what you have done is pure madness.
This is not your playground.
THIS IS ABR!!!!!

chriky
2009-01-24, 02:53 PM
MM... I think your starting to verge on the line of Godmodding now :smallannoyed:.
And personally I think your starting to restrict this far too much.
To draw on a well known film quote:
Mad Mask what you have done is pure madness.
This is not your playground.
THIS IS ABR!!!!!

MM only wants to do the first couple of comics and considering all the time and effort he's put into FI surely that's fair.
Also He's a great artist so it will be good to start FI looking professional, rather than some really tacky piece of art that looks awful.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-24, 02:59 PM
I was actually referring to all the restrictions he has put on us.
If we can remember back to when Keris started up Plot 3, he had put a few restrictions on us and explained why those restrictions had been placed. If we broke them, he didn't get annoyed or anything but he tried to come up with reasons for them being there (such as the Dragons, and the fact that magic was frowned upon and outlawed).
Whereas Mad Mask has put loads of restrictions (some of which do not make much sense) and it would seem to me that he has done this for the fact he wants to have a plot that runs HIS way.
Does he even have his own character done? :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 03:00 PM
They probably would have modern guns and rifles, Ven knows how to build them after all.

The reason the UNS was able to supress Schizian technology was that most of the advanced stuff was restricted to government officials anyway, so it's not like they had to break into citizens houses and confiscate their cell phones and laser cannons. All they had to do was sequester the stuff that belonged to the high-level government offcials, which said government officials had been sequestering themselves for generations.

Ven had accsess to much of that knowledge. Mind you, he may not have the right materials or tools to build modern guns for anybody except resistance leaders, but he knows how to build them.

Ah, it's fine then. Having more advanced technology certainly would help when you are outnumbered.

I had an idea: what if Schizotec has become a World War I-like battleground, with poison gas, trenches and primitive "tanks", but in ravaged cityscapes ? The idea seems attractive, I don't know why.

@Fayt: I put too much restrictions ? I apologise, I sometimes want have everything established and grounded. It would be nice if you pointed them to me, so I can rectify them. Sorry if I seemed restrictive.

And yes, I have my character done (since a long time). I should post it shortly.

chriky
2009-01-24, 03:12 PM
@ MM - So did you want us to post you our FI characters?:smallconfused:

Fay Graydon
2009-01-24, 03:16 PM
@Fayt: I put too much restrictions ? I apologise, I sometimes want have everything established and grounded. It would be nice if you pointed them to me, so I can rectify them. Sorry if I seemed restrictive.

Well:
No droids or robots (hmmm Mechafox is in a bito trouble then)
No electronic devices, except the Sovices (kinda unfair),
Analogue computers,
Mainly steampunk looking tech (apparently 16 - 17th century appearence),
Ye old vehickulary,
No machine / gatling / automatic guns
No Zeppelins,

The most lucky or important members of the UNA have accessed to more advanced technology, from the Sovices. (now thats unfair...),
(and those were from one post...)
I could go on and look past the last page...
But I am really, really, REALLY lazy :smallwink::smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 04:14 PM
Well:
No electronic devices, except the Sovices (kinda unfair), Analogue computers,
Ye old vehickulary,
No Zeppelins,
(now thats unfair...)

I explained the technology level of the mainstream UNA population, not the entire planet. I wrote that so you don't see everybody running around with cell phones, sonic screwdrivers, laser guns and Hondas. The Resistance or important or lucky members of the UNA (read: your characters) can have more advanced technology, as long as it does not overpower everybody on the planet.

Nameless
2009-01-24, 04:17 PM
Q's comic is non-canon. Mine, on the other hand, will include everyone. And to make sure I have everyone, I will ask all participants to re-post (or send me a PM) of their character bio.

Of course. I will make multiple people narrate.

Can I be a narrate too? I can imagine Death sitting on a big chair with a cup of tea telling a story. :smallsmile:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-24, 04:17 PM
Me thinks an exception can be made for Mecha, since this happened pre Fi. But I think Mad means no Killbot 9000's.
No electronic devices, except the Sovices (kinda unfair),
Analogue computers,
Fits in with the setting
Ye old vehickulary,
No Zeppelins,
Also fits in with the setting, although I think zeppelins would be acceptable.

The most lucky or important members of the UNA have accessed to more advanced technology, from the Sovices.
(now thats unfair...),

The resistance is quite literally that, a resistance. If Q's comic is to be any indication (Even though it was non-canon?) You people live in a bloody sewer. Good luck developing your Killbot 9000 down there. :smalltongue:

The Una on the other hand is a huge organization, with ample resources to work on these kinds of things.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 04:21 PM
I thought that the resistance hung out in the ruined Citadel, or the Vendetta, or something...

Venn has lots of tech available... And can still produce Dettas, and presumably other items...

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 04:25 PM
Well said, Tiffanie Lirle.

I said no Zeppelins because, hell, it's being only 15 years since the Sovice arrived, and it took a long time to go from the simple unpowered hot-air balloons to the manoeuvrable airships. And it would be improbable that they got the technology from the Sovice, since I don't think Zeppelins would be very useful to a space-faring species.

I thought that the resistance hung out in the ruined Citadel, or the Vendetta, or something...

The leaders do hang out in the Citadel (refitted, not ruined), but the majority of the resistance has to live in the sewers and such.

Venn has lots of tech available... And can still produce Dettas, and presumably other items...

Yes, but Ven is only one man computer, and I don't think he has large factories at his disposal, so he should have difficulty provide every single member of the resistance with high-tech weaponry. And good luck finding enough unobtainium for every Resistance person.

BRC
2009-01-24, 04:27 PM
Okay, that makes sense. So the UNoA is doing the same thing Schitzotech did, keeping all the good technology to the upper levels in order to keep the populace happy and loyal.

For example, a disease breaks out in Salmonville, UNoA Aid workers equipped with advanced tech show up, quickly develop a vaccine, distribute food and treat the sick. Everybody cheers "Huzzah, the UNoA is Awsome!" Of course, had they given the landfish that medical technology ahead of time, they could probably have prevented the outbreak in the first place, but this is better PR.

In Schitzotech the government used a similar trick to keep people wowed and in-awe of the government officials. A Kraken starts terrorizing the fishermen, the government shows up with it's torpedo boats and blows it to smithereens. Huzzah!

Concerning the resistance, though they CAN produce advanced items, their capacity to do so is rather limited. Only ven really knows how, and he only knows how in a manner that's difficult to explain to people who are not a robotic hive mind programmed primarily to build and fix things.

Ven probably has a few "Shops" positioned around the world, a big one onboard the Citadel of course, where Repair and Basic dettas build and repair things for the Resistance. However, he dosn't have the capacity to produce things from raw, unrefined materials, you can't give him a lump of iron ore and expect him to turn it into a SMG. Most of the work he does is probably "Upgrading" Scavenged weapons. You know, converting an early breech-loader rifle into somthing that can fire homeade explosive rounds.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-24, 04:35 PM
I said no Zeppelins because, hell, it's being only 15 years since the Sovice arrived, and it took a long time to go from the simple unpowered hot-air balloons to the manoeuvrable airships. And it would be improbable that they got the technology from the Sovice, since I don't think Zeppelins would be very useful to a space-faring species.

My English failed me for a moment there. I got hot-air balloons and zeppelins mixed up.

I can understand the whole no zeppelin thing, yeah. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-24, 04:48 PM
The infrastructure from the Exersus Resistance should remain operable after 15 years, it's already survived 500. That includes a massive network of underground catacombs and tunnels largely separate from the main Underdark system. A lot of it is public historical interest, but most of it stayed covert and hidden following the Battle of the Palace (Hence why the Red Whispers can appear as if from nowhere despite being largely nonmagical).

Then there's Alphantica hidden under the ocean, and the Citadel has the same capacity with it's shield, provided the shield is made too small to hold the right amount of atmospheric ballast. Assuming contact can be made with the Guinfolk, the two shields could be synchronised to merge (Like mitosis in reverse, or two bubbles), allowing the Citadel in and out.

Lastly, there's Mesa Canyon. To best of all historical records, no-one has ever gone down to the bottom and it can't be seen from ground level. Heck, only the Grisgol are able to survive the climb, they paved the way for everyone else.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-24, 04:53 PM
Can I destroy alphantica, pleeeease? :smalltongue: I am serious btw

BRC
2009-01-24, 04:54 PM
Lastly, there's Mesa Canyon. To best of all historical records, no-one has ever gone down to the bottom and it can't be seen from ground level. Heck, only the Grisgol are able to survive the climb, they paved the way for everyone else.
Really? When did that occur.
Last febuary I put it on the Wiki that an expedition had made it to the bottom where they discovered a catche of pre-catacylsm technology, thus leading to Schitzotech's succession from the Empire of Man and it's advanced technological levels. The Wiki page hasn't been changed since.

EDIT: Unless the Grisgol were behind the success of the Strembler expedition and manipulated the events that resulted from that. I mean, if they wanted to hide somthing at the bottom of the canyon, having the nation above the canyon be an isolationist technological millitary superpower would go a long way towards that.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-24, 04:56 PM
My characters don't hang around anywhere, actually as far as most knows (exept Chriky, Nameless, Ven and Gremlin) they don't exist. Jim, Jonas, bill, Tim, bump, Hoodey, S'zard, Sith and Gat hangs around a lot of places tough
Disquises are funny

By the way if tecknolgy is 17th century like and they use a "keep puplic from knowing" politic wouldn't that justify grand racism (not knowing about other HUMANS looking vaguely different let to slavery and such. In my history book there's a part from a geography book from 1904 that states a lot of bad stuff about the three non-white RACES of humans in the world) among low to medium ranking soldiers and peasants? I think that could justify both Nilrem's dead and Kriss mother's non-escaping.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 05:00 PM
*Is clapping* :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-24, 05:15 PM
*Is clapping* :smallsmile:

If it's for my post then thanks (though you made fun of me, but maybe I overeacted. Sorry for that) if not then.. Wrong number.

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 05:36 PM
Here is my character for Future Imperfect. It's not the final product, as I might tweak it a little bit, and I've changed the uniform about 5 times.

Karen Dewey

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/karen1.pnghttp://www.kinogo.com/victor/karen2.png
Biography
Karen Dewey was born on February 12, 1498, in Bourbun City, Pericle, to Simon Dewey, a captain in the Bourbun Imperial Navy. The Bourbun society was not as patriarchal as the rest of Pericle, and she was admitted in the Naval Academy of Bourbun, as it was customary in the city.

Already a commander when the UNA was founded, Karen was highly supportive of their efforts, and was the first non-Pikalite to be enrolled in the United Nations Navy (which developed from the Royal Tajiran Navy). She was the second officer of a transport ship, the Harmony, a boat who’s first mission was to bring ex-High Senator Acostas Gwyn to the guinoid colony on New Alphantica. Karen then quickly rose through the ranks of the UNN, and by 1541 she was already Admiral of the Fleet.

In 1532, Karen married a man named Jeremiah Anderson, a peacekeeper in the UNA. She had two sons: Charles Dewey and Simon Dewey. However, in 1536, when the family was in vacation in Salmonville, a group of terrorists called the Front for Avbaroy Independence and Liberation bombed the first-class hotel in which they were residing. Although Karen was able to escape, her husband and two sons we not so lucky and died in the blast.

Since then, Karen Dewey has sworn revenge against the F.A.I.L. and has done everything in her power to stop them. When not on duty, she travels round the world to make speeches about the F.A.I.L..

Powers
As Fleet Admiral, Karen enjoys a great deal of power in the UNA and has access to the best technology and quality of life. She commands a submersible, the UNS Quito, one of the most versatile ships of the United Nations Navy, capable of defending itself against nearly everything, notable for being the only ship to have scored a victory against the Lost Citadel of Bis Anu.

Personality
Most of the time, Karen is a very serene person, thanks to the Elf Meditation classes she took to relieve the trauma of losing her family. However, when the F.A.I.L. is brought up, she can be very emotional and may take irrational decisions, such as going head-to-head to the Citadel of Bis Anu or risking her life or those of her comrades to kill as many F.A.I.L. members as possible. She is also a bit arrogant and does not believe in the afterlife.

Hobbies
Karen always had an interest in the musical art and plays the piccolo, which is a very small concert flute. She also loves cats, and she always bring one on her travels.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-24, 06:20 PM
Other than that I believe we've settled on Avbaroy Liberation Front (A.L.F), that seems perfectly fine to me.

Though if she's meant to have a bun I recommend placing it behind the rest of the hair.

kpenguin
2009-01-24, 06:23 PM
We have? When?

I like F.A.I.L. Hey, if Lying is epic and he's leading F.A.I.L... well you get the idea.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 06:33 PM
I'd like to think that the resistance isn't behind this.

There should be the following factions:

UNA: Obvious
Resistance: Seeks Good. Usually Good Guys
F.A.I.L.: Evil terrorists who seek to overthrow the UNA so that they can continue with their nefarious ways. They are more heavily publicized, and they are considered part of the resistance by the UNA.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-24, 06:35 PM
Lying certainly wouldn't abide the bombing of a public building, but Chriky might not be so conservative.

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 06:54 PM
The Resistance was behind it. The building was a private hotel who houses the most important members of the UNA (like Ins). As Ven said: "The deaths of a few innocents mean nothing if we kill their leader.".

The UNA would never kill its most important members (read: Ins, Karen and co.) just to promote loyalty. It's more likely that the Sovice bomb the office of a less important leader, like a mayor (then blame it on F.A.I.L.).

And F.A.I.L. is how the UNA calls the Resistance.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 07:04 PM
Kris, in all his glory. Warning: May include few large pictures.
One of him attackinghttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g152-1.png
One of him with a fireballhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g59170-1.png
And one without.http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g162.png
An example of his sword powered up.http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g134.png

Nameless
2009-01-24, 07:42 PM
The Resistance was behind it. The building was a private hotel who houses the most important members of the UNA (like Ins). As Ven said: "The deaths of a few innocents mean nothing if we kill their leader.".

The UNA would never kill its most important members (read: Ins, Karen and co.) just to promote loyalty. It's more likely that the Sovice bomb the office of a less important leader, like a mayor (then blame it on F.A.I.L.).

And F.A.I.L. is how the UNA calls the Resistance.

You FAIL. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/7sidedstar-2.png

Mad Mask
2009-01-24, 08:05 PM
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/rs/liandrifail.png
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fiposter1.gif
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/rs/wanted.jpg

Fay Graydon
2009-01-24, 08:16 PM
The UNA is not exactly gunna call the Reistance FAIL, particularly if they're not calling themselves FAIL. It would mean that the UNA is saying that they are in fact working for the Liberation of Avbaroy, which the UNA doesn't want people to know.

Nameless
2009-01-24, 08:22 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/UNA.png

The Gremlin
2009-01-24, 08:31 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/23ktg5l.png

Gah. I'm currently stuck on my cousin's laptop and I dislike it. I prefer to use Netscape, but this idiotic machine only has Explorer. It doesn't even have a spell checker, so please excuse the spelling errors.
Anyways, I kinda like this comic but there is one problem with it:
I am sorry for my frequent changes in design, but this is my last one: I have a eye thingy. Visor, I think. It can be seen in my latest comic. The Mask of Ovu Monobi will only be seen one more time, at which point...*ahem*
Sorry, remembered not to tell anyone. You shall not know until a little while after FI.
MUHAHAHAHA!!!
So, anyways, with the whole perspective thing I would like to give my idea: The setting is started by MM, with the perspective of Ins and Lying. Like this, sort of:
(I'd like to draw a rough sketch, but there's no decent art programs or scanner, and so I'll do it when I get home. Which cannot come soon enough...:smalltongue:)
On one side, we see Ins, talking about his successes and basically explaining what's 'supposedly' happened to Avbaroy to some reporters. A servant is next to him. Sort of a 'backstory', to help their article thingies.
On the other side, we see Lying. Old, senile, and weary. Next to him, a servant (most likely Chriky, because he often cares for Lying, I think)is explaining to a scribe, who would probably be The Gremlin (because he's sort of a second assistant when Chriky is busy. Also, he's one of the only guys without something really important to do like manage an army). The scribe is basically writing things down for archives, likely in the Citadel.
The last panel/s come/s with Ins dismissing the reporters with "Long live Avbaroy!", while Chriky says, "Thus ends the first updating of the archives in ages" or something, and The Gremlin, finished, slamming the book shut.
After this, people can all post 'intros' of their FI characters, and possibly their take on events (as Q did).
I'll probably post an Inkscape pic of The Gremlin in a little while, when I get home. Probably.
Also, how's that movie coming, Tiff? :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 08:37 PM
Boooored!
http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d24/1851/0341720.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/23620205)http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d24/1838/df62329.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/23619712)http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d24/1859/2b52872.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/23620545)http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d24/1933/43e5155.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/23621820)http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d24/1924/437c238.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/23621491)

Szilard
2009-01-24, 08:54 PM
SDSB currently has at least 4 liches, which ones would be around for FI?
I'd say Sorcerer Dude will die (again) sometime near the end of SDSB, so he's out.
That leaves Lor Nae, Salmon's Lich, and Q's Lich.

Eita
2009-01-24, 09:09 PM
Wait, so for FI, we have MM making the first comic, then basically introduction comics from all the characters?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 09:50 PM
Q's Lich.

Well, just for the record, he's not really a lich. Rather, a type of homebrew undead creature very similar to a lich.

I'm just saying because I showed how he was created in My Name Is Q, and I don't think you can become a lich that way. Plus he doesn't have a phylactery (or however the heck you spell that word).

Just saying. Not that it matters or anything.

Eita
2009-01-24, 10:07 PM
Well, just for the record, he's not really a lich. Rather, a type of homebrew undead creature very similar to a lich.

I'm just saying because I showed how he was created in My Name Is Q, and I don't think you can become a lich that way. Plus he doesn't have a phylactery (or however the heck you spell that word).

Just saying. Not that it matters or anything.

You spelled it right, but those are for demi-liches.

memnarch
2009-01-24, 10:11 PM

Care to say what liches use (or don't) then? I'd like to know more.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 10:11 PM
Oliver, What you said about my tieflin' mama.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g18.png

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 10:19 PM

Eh? I remember Liches having phylacterys (phylacteries?). :smallconfused:

Dosen't Xykon have a phylactery? Isn't he a lich? :smallconfused:

Eita
2009-01-24, 10:24 PM
Oh dear. It seems I've got things backwards. Yes, liches store their souls in phylacteries. It's demiliches that don't use them, having moved their souls into the soul gems that reside on whichever body part survives decomposition.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 10:27 PM
Ah. Honest mistake to make, Eita. I've certainly made my share....

Anyway, completely unrealated and just out of curiousity, does anybody know how long ABR has been going on? How many years since the games started with the YPU thread game? :smallconfused:

[EDIT] Year 2007. What year is it now?

That's 2 years, right? I would've guessed longer.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-24, 10:30 PM
Anyway, completely unrealated and just out of curiousity, does anybody know how long ABR has been going on? How many years since the games started with the YPU thread game? :smallconfused:

[EDIT] Year 2007. What year is it now?

That's 2 years, right? I would've guessed longer.

2 years is still quite a while for a forum game.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 10:32 PM
2 years is still quite a while for a forum game.

I guess, but to be honest when I was looking into it I was kinda expecting it to be more along the lines of 10 years or so.

What a let down. :smallfrown:

Fawkes
2009-01-24, 10:35 PM
The forum's only been here for five and a half...

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 10:39 PM
Well, looking on the bright side, when ABR inevitably reaches ten years and I'm still here somehow, I can finally be called an ABR veteran with Randomizer and Kpenguin. :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2009-01-24, 10:42 PM
I'm a veteran?

I guess I've never really thought of myself that way.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-24, 10:44 PM
I'm a veteran?

I guess I've never really thought of myself that way.

You were playing since it started, haven't you? I saw your posts on the first thread when I was checking to see how long ABR lasted.

I think that makes you a veteran. Something I yearn to be. :smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 10:44 PM
And i'll be in my mid 20's.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 10:45 PM
I'mma veteran as well. Check around page 18-20 of the first thread...

Course, back then my character was awesomer than he was now...

kpenguin
2009-01-24, 10:51 PM
You were playing since it started, haven't you? I saw your posts on the first thread when I was checking to see how long ABR lasted.

Well, yeah.

*checks first thread*

I'm on the first page too. I'm the oldest active ABRer, I believe.

I should use my seniority more.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 10:56 PM
Hey you, new guys... Get me and my friend KP here some drinks!

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-24, 11:02 PM
*gets you and KP drinks.*

kpenguin
2009-01-24, 11:11 PM
Just seawater, thanks.

...what, you didn't know that penguins have a special bladder that allows them to process seawater? For shame!

Shades of Gray
2009-01-24, 11:13 PM
KP, don't make me bring back *shudders* Randomshadows...

Darklord Bright
2009-01-25, 02:44 AM
So wait, we're posting bios to enter the next chapter? That's a little sophisticated for ABR.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-25, 05:07 AM
1. Having the resistance attack it sounds fine Mad Mask, the factions aren't connected very much as we agreed about when dealing with new resistance member optaining. I'm sure there's a faction that would do that.
2. My mother is named Karen, like your character, funny aint it.
3.I use internet explorer Gremlin, if it's good enough for me then it's good enough for you:smallannoyed::smalltongue: besides doesn't explorer come with microsoft? If then you could use MSpaint (all computers with microsoft over here has automaticly pant too)

Kazul
2009-01-25, 07:00 AM

Then we don't have to stalk anymore - we finally know MM's real personality :smalleek: :smalltongue: Sorry, I just had to write that.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-25, 07:36 AM
Then we don't have to stalk anymore - we finally know MM's real personality :smalleek: :smalltongue: Sorry, I just had to write that.

:confused: totally not filler

Emperor Ing
2009-01-25, 07:38 AM
Then we don't have to stalk each other anymore - we finally know Eminem's (retired rap artist) real personality :smalleek: :smalltongue: Sorry, I just had to write that.

Fix'd :smallyuk:

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 10:00 AM
:confused: totally not filler

He means that I'm your mother.

Which I totally am. Not!

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 10:03 AM
That's disturbing on a number of levels.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-25, 10:38 AM
You clearly haven't been to the SMBG forum often. There are family trees for forum members there, with other forum members

chriky
2009-01-25, 11:02 AM
You clearly haven't been to the SMBG forum often. There are family trees for forum members there, with other forum members

Could you link to one of these, it sounds interesting,

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-25, 11:36 AM
Could you link to one of these, it sounds interesting,

This one by Dallas Dakota
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/ITPfamily14.png

Shades of Gray
2009-01-25, 11:42 AM
Gah!

Is it bad that I know who most of those folk are?

Almighty Salmon
2009-01-25, 11:49 AM
Gah!

Is it bad that I know who most of those folk are?

You should know all of them, Shades. All of them.

Also, that family tree originated in Friendly Banter, not SMBG.

chriky
2009-01-25, 11:52 AM
I tried reading it but there are two many lines and it's confusing because I don't know 'who's the grandson and who's the grandfather' for example.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-25, 12:02 PM
I do not know the following:

Ape of Light
Gem
Blackout
Angel Sword
Adriano Lank
Frojoe.

Still sad that I know the thirty or so others...

chriky
2009-01-25, 12:18 PM
Can someone explain how Bath, Salmon and Magtok are linked.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-25, 12:21 PM
Also, that family tree originated in Friendly Banter, not SMBG.

Eh, close enough.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-25, 12:31 PM
Apparently Bath is the father of both, and Maggie is the father of Salmon...

I think the only way that could work is through a belt of gender change, and I think that is still incest...

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 12:35 PM
Whens the next comic? (I'de like to die as soon as possible.) :smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-25, 12:42 PM
Whens the next comic? (I'de like to die as soon as possible.) :smallconfused:

I'llbe making a backtory comic for my characters soon but it's unrelated. If you wanna your character to die then just make a comic in wichhe die (you can avoid rushing the plot by making your character sacrifice himself to let the others continue)

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 01:23 PM
I'de rather die in the final battle, but how's this?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g183.png

chriky
2009-01-25, 01:30 PM
I'de rather die in the final battle, but how's this?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g183.png

I think you should be patient and wait a while so you can die more heroically.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 01:31 PM
Why does this make me sound suicidal? :smalleek:

Szilard
2009-01-25, 01:33 PM
So wait, we're posting bios to enter the next chapter? That's a little sophisticated for ABR.

I hope not, I was just hoping to pop in with the new version of Bob.

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 01:56 PM
I hope not, I was just hoping to pop in with the new version of Bob.

Yes, we're making biographies of the characters, so that we can see if they are appropriate with the setting and aren't too powerful. Else you are going to end with super gods fighting with armies of highly advanced robots, or Dr. Fit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5505964#post5505964).

Mina Kobold
2009-01-25, 02:06 PM
Yes, we're making biographies of the characters, so that we can see if they are appropriate with the setting and aren't too powerful. Else you are going to end with super gods fighting with armies of highly advanced robots, or Dr. Fit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5505964#post5505964).

I personally like restrictions like that, it helps against god-modding and jerks. It could have something to do with all alignment tests I've tried says I'm Lawful-Good.

Szilard
2009-01-25, 02:08 PM
Okay, I'll write a bio later today.

Who is sinking Aphlantica? The UNA or the Sovice? Or was it the ****zotek?

memnarch
2009-01-25, 02:28 PM
Okay, I'll write a bio later today.

Who is sinking Aphlantica? The UNA or the Sovice? Or was it the ****zotek?

Actually, they are sinking themselves as a defense against the Sovice invasion.

Szilard
2009-01-25, 02:32 PM
Were they? Okay.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 02:36 PM
I can't wait for FI. :smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-25, 02:50 PM
Do I need to write a bio? I assume it's fairly obvious I'll be incapacitated for much of the storyline.

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 02:51 PM
Here is a map of Avbaroy, pre-cataclysm:

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/pre-cataclysm.gif

Is it okay ? It's going to be really helpful on the wiki.

Do I need to write a bio? I assume it's fairly obvious I'll be incapacitated for much of the storyline.

Nay, you already have one on the wiki.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-25, 03:09 PM

Nay, you already have one on the wiki.

You have dangerously much free time... And talent.

<<.<<
>>.>>
What! I aint jealous!!!!!

Fay Graydon
2009-01-25, 03:11 PM
Yo MM...
would the UNA have NecroDancers or Post Mortem Comunicators within there ranks? (I'm defiantly not making a Necromancer to replace Liandri (because Liandri's tech is breaking your rules... and hes a shallow character driven only by vengeance which makes for a boring attempt at a futuristic Mary Sue))
Because i have a great character concept but don't know where to bung him/her.
(dont worry. this character isn't too complicated to draw)
*shifty eyes*

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 03:12 PM
You have dangerously much free time... And talent.

<<.<<
>>.>>
What! I aint jealous!!!!!

I made it in 5 or 10 minutes.

Yo MM...
would the UNA have NecroDancers or Post Mortem Comunicators within there ranks? (I'm defiantly not making a Necromancer to replace Liandri (because Liandri's tech is breaking your rules... and hes a shallow character driven only by vengeance which makes for a boring attempt at a futuristic Mary Sue))
Because i have a great character concept but don't know where to bung him/her.
(dont worry. this character isn't too complicated to draw)
*shifty eyes*

The UNA isn't enough specialised to have Post Mortem Communicators; keep in mind that the UNA is not (yet) a world government, and the only "official" (and important) branches of the UNA are:

The General Assembly (responsible for major decisions)
The Security Council (responsible for international security, owns the United Nations Navy)
United Nations Intelligence Agency (you guess)

The rest are mercenaries, third parties and other less-than-official persons or organisations (like the Ghosts). If your character is not part of the main branches, it can be pretty much anything as long as it's not overpowered, too silly or too advanced.

T-O-E
2009-01-25, 03:22 PM
NecroDancers

Like Michael Jackson in 'Thriller'? :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 03:29 PM
No, not strange dancing zombies that dance after you instead of shuffling.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-25, 03:31 PM
Well they dont like to be called Necromancers (it can get mixed up with another Necro summink or other)
And they dance to invigorate Magical energies...

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-25, 03:33 PM
I made it in 5 or 10 minutes.

That's not helping our egos. :smallannoyed:

Fawkes
2009-01-25, 03:44 PM

I approve this map. *thumbs up*

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 03:56 PM
This was great proctice for blurring and shadows. :smallsmile:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g416.png

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 04:51 PM
How exactly did Kris lose his mother from a unitary peace-seeking organisation (because that's what the UNA was doing back then) ? Was she insane and started to attack diplomats, or what ?

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 04:54 PM
Enjooooy the piiiicture MM, enjoooooy it!!! *go back 1 or 2 pages someone said something about racism or something and that's probably the reason his mom's gone.* (not dead!)

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 05:02 PM
Enjooooy the piiiicture MM, enjoooooy it!!! *go back 1 or 2 pages someone said something about racism or something and that's probably the reason his mom's gone.* (not dead!)

Kris' mother was racist ? So that explains it. She killed a few diplomats, than she was taken and brainwashed to have more "peaceful" thoughts.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 05:02 PM
You know what I mean. :smallannoyed:

Kazul
2009-01-25, 05:03 PM
Well, I've once read an article about some real world peacekeepers doing really bad things (namely, molesting and using children in exchange for food or even nothing sometimes), so I guess the idea of racist group of so called peacekeepers could work. Not only Ins can be pure evil, you know.

edit: ninjad two times, but my point is still proper, I think

edit2: \/ Huh. No problem. I am not a paladin, however - zombie orcish paladin would be way too weird :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 05:06 PM
Well, I've once read an article about some real world peacekeepers doing really bad things (namely, molesting and using children in exchange for food or even nothing sometimes), so I guess the idea of racist group of so called peacekeepers could work. Not only Ins can be pure evil, you know.

edit: ninjad two times, but my point is still proper, I think

Thank you Kaz- AHHHH ZOMBIE PALADIN!

The Gremlin
2009-01-25, 05:11 PM
1. Having the resistance attack it sounds fine Mad Mask, the factions aren't connected very much as we agreed about when dealing with new resistance member optaining. I'm sure there's a faction that would do that.
3.I use internet explorer Gremlin, if it's good enough for me then it's good enough for you:smallannoyed::smalltongue: besides doesn't explorer come with microsoft? If then you could use MSpaint (all computers with microsoft over here has automaticly pant too)

Microsoft is evil!.:smallfurious::smallcool:
@CA; I have sent you a PM, just so you know. It concerns this argument.
Also, I expect the forums to be down soon. We should really put up a link to the alternative thread in the wiki.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-25, 05:14 PM
Microsoft is evil!.:smallfurious::smallcool:

No u. :smallwink:

I personally like to use IE because Tabs are easier to work with, settings are easier to adjust, and the version im using, IE 8, when the browser crashes, it automatically restores whatever websites you were on in the correct tab order. :smallcool:
That, and cookies are too much trouble to work with in firefox *rolls eyes*

The Gremlin
2009-01-25, 05:20 PM

I personally like to use IE because Tabs are easier to work with, settings are easier to adjust, and the version im using, IE 8, when the browser crashes, it automatically restores whatever websites you were on in the correct tab order. :smallcool:
That, and cookies are too much trouble to work with in firefox *rolls eyes*

*Starts looking for Rand in a Jar pic*
:smallcool:

Emperor Ing
2009-01-25, 05:23 PM

I do not approve of this map. I was planning on using the Eternal Ruins region as Rand's monument to the Mage Wars. :smallfrown:

The Gremlin
2009-01-25, 05:27 PM
No response to my intro idea?:smallfrown:

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 05:27 PM
I do not approve of this map. I was planning on using the Eternal Ruins region as Rand's monument to the Mage Wars. :smallfrown:

What ? :smallconfused: This is a map of before the Great Cataclysm (and the Mage Wars).

No response to my intro idea?:smallfrown:

I'm busy editing on the wiki.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-25, 05:30 PM
What ? :smallconfused: This is a map of before the Great Cataclysm (and the Mage Wars).

I remember from the timeline that the MW came before the GC. If this is pre-Mage Wars Avbaroy, I am more than willing to accept it.

memnarch
2009-01-25, 05:45 PM
There's a link to Lying's forum on the wiki already.

Also, Mad Mask, what was wrong with the old layout of the timeline?

The Gremlin
2009-01-25, 05:52 PM
There's a link to Lying's forum on the wiki already.

Perhaps, but it's a lot of trouble o go through, and since the forums go down pretty much every time a new comic's posted, ti would make sense to have a quick link here so that people can get a bookmark. Or at least mention it.

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 06:01 PM

It looks better in a table, and it's more readable.

memnarch
2009-01-25, 06:15 PM
It looks better in a table, and it's more readable.

You say table format, I say paragraph format. :smalltongue:

Edit; In other news, H/H was recently raised by grem and updated by me (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5697083#post5697083).

Nameless
2009-01-25, 06:23 PM

I agree, the eteranal ruins has to be there.

It's in Nameless' backstory. :smallsmile:

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 07:18 PM
I agree, the eteranal ruins has to be there.

It's in Nameless' backstory. :smallsmile:

The Eternal Ruins did not exist before the Great Cataclysm, since Eternus was fully intact before the Great Cataclysm.

@Randomizer: That's egoistical. A monument to your character ?

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 07:20 PM
Duh, it IS rand we're talking about.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-25, 07:33 PM
Duh, it IS rand we're talking about.

True, but I agree it's going a bit far to ask we reshape a large portion of the main continent as a monument to him.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-25, 07:39 PM
I would like to request that somewhere, somehow, Bright was turned into a fountain statue and used to throw pennies into for wishes.

This is mostly because I can't for the life of me fit him into this new setting.

memnarch
2009-01-25, 07:49 PM
True, but I agree it's going a bit far to ask we reshape a large portion of the main continent as a monument to him.

I'm pretty sure that the "monument" is the dead-zone that is currently there.

Fawkes
2009-01-25, 07:51 PM
Also, Plot 3's House Haali is located in Eternus. Of course, it's not called Eternus anymore. It's just the Eternal Valley. Or the Region Formerly Known as Eternus.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-25, 07:51 PM

Mt. Krisiscool.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g8.png

Mad Mask
2009-01-25, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that the "monument" is the dead-zone that is currently there.

A dead-zone that was not caused by Randomizer, the Mage Wars, but the Great Cataclysm.

Is Randomizer's backstory actually canon in Avbaroy history ? It doesn't seem to have any link to the storyline, being more of a Warhammer 40k fancomic than anything else, with technology far more advanced than that of the Age of Technology (which was supposed to be the period were Avbaroy had the most powerful technology).

And I ask that the Elwind Mountains should look like Stephen Mask when viewed from the top.

Fawkes
2009-01-25, 08:07 PM
I think Alphantica should have a monocle.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-25, 08:10 PM
I think Alphantica should have a monocle.

Or some sort of deployable sheild shaped like a top hat.

BRC
2009-01-25, 08:13 PM
An Idea for FI, the UNA should call the resistance "The Fallen". You see, the UNA can't deny the heroic actions and histories of the resistance members. they cannot make people forget that Igon Minoblendy fought against the moon elven empire, they cannot make the schizians forget that Oliver battled in the city of Skornbail. This cannot be done, so instead, they refer to them as "Fallen Heroes", Heroes who, having fought against evil their entire lives, don't know what to do when the world is ruled by good. They should talk about fighting the resistance in the same way somebody would talk about putting down a beloved dog that got Rabies. It's unfortunate, but it must occur in order to protect others.

Eita
2009-01-25, 08:47 PM
Okay, it seems that people have gotten kind of confused on Eternus.

Eternus was destroyed after Mage Wars, but was then rebuilt before the Great Cataclysm.

The Gremlin
2009-01-25, 09:25 PM

I personally like to use IE because Tabs are easier to work with...

Explain.:smallconfused:
Also, Tiff, how's that movie coming?

Szilard
2009-01-25, 10:36 PM
Bob the Ghost
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/DrownedBob.png
Bob here is a drowned ghost. He drowned when Aphlantica sunk, thus killing him. He came back as a drowned ghost, which is a ghost that can not fly, but can stick to most surfaces. Touching him deals necrotic damage apparently.

That is my character.

kpenguin
2009-01-25, 10:50 PM
Wait... how did he drown when Alphantica sunk?

Szilard
2009-01-25, 10:56 PM
Sunk... like underwater right?

Eita
2009-01-25, 10:57 PM
Well.... Yeah, but the guinoids put a shield over it first.

Szilard
2009-01-25, 10:58 PM
I seem to have missed that part.

kpenguin
2009-01-25, 11:20 PM
What, did you think the guinoids were going to breathe underwater?

Szilard
2009-01-25, 11:25 PM
...either that, or they would just sheild individual citys.

I'll remake the character tomorrow.

kpenguin
2009-01-25, 11:27 PM
The erosion caused by being underwater would make the island too unstable....

Szilard
2009-01-25, 11:29 PM
It's an island?:smallconfused:

Edit: Looked at the map, I can't believe I never noticed that before.

Eita
2009-01-25, 11:42 PM
How else were they going to sink it underwater...?

Szilard
2009-01-25, 11:51 PM
Well placed nukes at a fault line?

SilverSheriff
2009-01-26, 12:21 AM
#facepalm# Just kidding. :smalltongue:

on a more serious non-joking note:

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/12/21/black_pants_guy/t_BlackPantsGm_11957e1.gif

Colonel Thorian Black of the Black Pants Army.:tongue:

Colonel Thorian Black was in a Space Fighter over the planet of Avbaroy when a large whale-like ship collided with his sending him into the ocean above the submerged Alphantica, he was adopted into the community by the 'Guin peoples and formed a special relationship with them giving him resources and the support of the 'Guin's finest scientists to help reverse-engineering the communication system of his unrepairable Space Fighter to act as a long range transmitter so he can call his people, in return he must help the 'Guinoids defeat the ever lurking evil of the UNA.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-26, 01:38 AM
I have an idea. For Bright to fit into FI, he's unfortunately (or fortunately) got to transform his cute/pathetic into badass/awesome. My reasoning, of course, is that he's gotten older and being in the resistance has smartened him up a bit. So I got an idea, he's no longer referring to himself as "Darklord Bright" (A self-imposed title) but as his actual name, Tallidan Bright, because otherwise he might get targeted for referring to himself as a lord of any kind. He joins the resistance rather than just tagging along after such an event, where he is labelled as part of them anyways. Now he helps conduct raids.

Sorry if anyone's going to miss the old Bright. He'll be around until FI anyways.

The other question is, what sort of ranged weapons are there? Because it would rock to give Bright his sword and like, a flintlock in the other hand or something.

Tell me if that works. Also, I have a concept for him in FI, it's spoilered if you don't want to see what he actually looks like.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/OverlordK/BrightFI.png

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-26, 06:06 AM

Y'know, Firefox has been doing those things for between two and six years, depending on the thing.

And I know the gist of my next two comics. But I still need to actually write them, which is by far the longest-taking part.

When they're done I'll get a profile for NC up.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-26, 06:27 AM
I can probably script the next comic of mine, wherein the Exersus forces join up with Lying & the NSE forces, the trouble is in actually finding time to draw it...

Maybe I should script it and then just give it to Mask? :smalltongue:

As regards the FI Lord Bright design, I don't see any reason for him to be wearing less armour, but perhaps battle-damaged armour or a new design (Engineered from the previous, maybe)

Nameless
2009-01-26, 06:29 AM
Re-Post:

Okay fine, the ruins arn't there yet, But I already claimed the ruins for Nameless' backstory several threads ago. O_e *re-writes backstory a little*

:smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-26, 06:32 AM
Maybe it starts out as the pre-Mage Wars model, gets blown up in the Mage Wars, and then Rand rebuilds it all in the pre-Mage Wars model (Because a yellowstone-size national park seems like a better monument), then gets blown up again in the Cataclysm.

Thus leading to the most epic scream of "NOT. A-GAIN!" ever heard around the world. :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2009-01-26, 06:43 AM
A dead-zone that was not caused by Randomizer, the Mage Wars, but the Great Cataclysm.

Is Randomizer's backstory actually canon in Avbaroy history ? It doesn't seem to have any link to the storyline, being more of a Warhammer 40k fancomic than anything else, with technology far more advanced than that of the Age of Technology (which was supposed to be the period were Avbaroy had the most powerful technology).
No, I plan on explaining what happened in the mage wars that caused the explosion which created the dead zone, in my backstory.

Believe it or not, yes it is. Thing is though, records from the 4th era after the mage wars were all but destroyed. Magic is much trickier to recover than pieces of technology. Most technology in the 4th era was magic-fueled anyway, and at this time, Magic is at it's peak of power. Fireball is juuust above a cantrip spell. Did you HONESTLY think that motorcycle can fly on its own? :smalltongue:

And in case you didnt get a clue, WTwU takes place during the 4th era.

Mad Mask
2009-01-26, 07:46 AM
Maybe I should script it and then just give it to Mask? :smalltongue:

I wouldn't mind at all. :smallwink:

Believe it or not, yes it is. Thing is though, records from the 4th era after the mage wars were all but destroyed. Magic is much trickier to recover than pieces of technology. Most technology in the 4th era was magic-fueled anyway, and at this time, Magic is at it's peak of power. Fireball is juuust above a cantrip spell. Did you HONESTLY think that motorcycle can fly on its own?

Then I'm going to make a comic about the history of Karen Dewey, who time travelled in the 900s and include massive armies of Moon-Elf controlled Star Wars droids and big airborne spaceships, all powered by magic lightning, oh and Exersus Wizards who use the Force, and say that records were lost and magic is trickier to recover. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-01-26, 10:45 AM
No, I plan on explaining what happened in the mage wars that caused the explosion which created the dead zone, in my backstory.

Rand, the dead zone wasn't dead until the Cataclysm, which was unrelated to the Mage Wars. We already have events taking place in that dead zone between the Mage Wars and the Cataclysm.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-26, 12:40 PM
I had planned Sam to be Sith like (the end justify the means, levitating people and sahoot them with lightning, possible a few jokes about this) but if Mad Mask dislike star wars then I'll change it.

Fay Graydon
2009-01-26, 03:00 PM
Arrrgh!
Ive done everything for my Necro<<insert chosen method of raising dead here>> but I'm lacking one thing... an outfit :smallannoyed:
Yes, that's right.
The one of annoying characters to draw has run out of ideas for annoying characters to draw :smallgarbledwierdness:

Mad Mask
2009-01-26, 04:01 PM
I had planned Sam to be Sith like (the end justify the means, levitating people and sahoot them with lightning, possible a few jokes about this) but if Mad Mask dislike star wars then I'll change it.

I don't dislike Star Wars. Even if I did, I would have no right to force you to change your character concept.

Fawkes
2009-01-26, 04:18 PM
I don't dislike Star Wars. Even if I did, I would have no right to force you to change your character concept.

I think he's referring to your joke about technology, which isn't really as relevant as he thinks it is.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-26, 04:23 PM
Then I'm going to make a comic about the history of Karen Dewey, who time travelled in the 900s and include massive armies of Moon-Elf controlled Star Wars droids and big airborne spaceships, all powered by magic lightning, oh and Exersus Wizards who use the Force, and say that records were lost and magic is trickier to recover. :smalltongue:

I have a set destination. How I get there is all up to me. Its my backstory, and I get to do what I want with it.

MM, you can be quite annoying sometimes, you know that? :smallannoyed:

Rand, the dead zone wasn't dead until the Cataclysm, which was unrelated to the Mage Wars. We already have events taking place in that dead zone between the Mage Wars and the Cataclysm.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/fail.jpg
I dunno, pre-cataclysm events seem pretty...empty to me

Fay Graydon
2009-01-26, 04:31 PM
*Stifles a laugh at randomizer's choice of browser and virus protection*
lol, maybe all the records were destroyed during the Cataclysm :smalltongue:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-26, 04:32 PM
Also, how's that movie coming, Tiff? :smalltongue:

Luckily, I prepared this image for just such occasions.
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2681/hardhatzonelx0.png

Also, I probably won't be around too much for the next few days. The almighty list of things still to be done is getting angry at me for falling behind. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-01-26, 04:35 PM
I have a set destination. How I get there is all up to me. Its my backstory, and I get to do what I want with it.

That's cute. Now might I direct you to this page (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Eternus), that deals with the region you want to turn into a monument to yourself. The last two paragraphs are especially interesting.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-26, 04:37 PM
*Stifles a laugh at randomizer's choice of browser and virus protection*
lol, maybe all the records were destroyed during the Cataclysm :smalltongue:

Hmm, I prolly should've put a black bar over all that, but I have no shame for using IE.

And that...is reasonable. Some records may have survived the mage wars, but the cataclysm kills the stragglers, and then some! :smalltongue:

BTW Q, good work with the FFF comic. I have been putting it off quite a bit. And it gives me a better idea for a comic ^_^

Emperor Ing
2009-01-26, 04:39 PM
That's cute. Now might I direct you to this page (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Eternus), that deals with the region you want to turn into a monument to yourself. The last two paragraphs are especially interesting.

hahaha! It's even MORE consistent with my desires than I hoped! :biggrin:

Threeshades
2009-01-26, 04:55 PM
FFF
http://i42.tinypic.com/5np6s1.png

Somebody please make another comic and move the friggen plot. :smallannoyed:

Id post a responnse but im a few hundreds of kilometers away from my inkscape and my templates. So can someone draw another wave of shades rushing in, eating their dead and accordingly repopulating by bio-fission?

Emperor Ing
2009-01-26, 05:02 PM
Id post a responnse but im a few hundreds of kilometers away from my inkscape and my templates. So can someone draw another wave of shades rushing in, eating their dead and accordingly repopulating by bio-fission?

I'll see what I can do. But I dont think they'll get the time necessary to perform their asexual reproduction effectively

Threeshades
2009-01-26, 05:04 PM
I'll see what I can do. But I dont think they'll get the time necessary to perform their asexual reproduction effectively

there are enough left to create a distraction for a few others to devour the others.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-26, 05:05 PM
there are enough left to create a distraction for a few others to devour the others.

touche. :smallamused:

Mad Mask
2009-01-26, 07:03 PM
Here is another map of Avbaroy, this time post-Cataclysm:

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/post-cataclysm.gif

I didn't add the countries yet, because I wanted this to be a more modular map, able to represent all areas of post-Cataclysm Avbaroy.

Eita
2009-01-26, 07:19 PM

I love you Mad Mask.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-26, 07:19 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/OverlordK/BrightFI.png

Cool, another tiefling. :smallsmile:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-26, 07:22 PM
What is the fate of Feldgrau? Feldgrau was heavily allied with Schizotec before the UNA takeover. BRC and I agreed to their alliance (I think)

Mad Mask
2009-01-26, 07:55 PM
What is the fate of Feldgrau? Feldgrau was heavily allied with Schizotec before the UNA takeover. BRC and I agreed to their alliance (I think)

It probably lasted until the thirties, when Schizotec was invaded for real by the UNA. Then the UNA came in, attempting to negotiate. If they refused, then there are two possible outcomes:

If Feldgrau doesn't make any aggressive (or potentially aggressive) moves, it will be pretty much left alone, but the UNA will attempt to negotiate every half-year or so.
If Felgrau attempts does not remain peaceful (which is, if you are not a member of the UNA, not doing anything other than economical/entertainment activities), then for the greater good (and peace), invasion !

Invasion means: neutralise the military and change the government to something more UNA friendly, the citizens be damned.

On an unrelated note, here is the map of the Empire Mann, at its largest extant (red is capitals):

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/countries/eomrange.gif

The Moon Elf Empire:

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/countries/merange.gif

The United Nations of Avbaroy:

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/countries/unarange.gif

Szilard
2009-01-26, 07:57 PM
The UNA: All except the inner most islands of the ruins thing. Any reason why?

Shades of Gray
2009-01-26, 08:04 PM
Well, I'm imagining Feldgrau as:

Slightly political
Modern day Israel. They are a fairly new nation (at the time of the Skornbail incident it is only around ten years old). They were treated poorly in the past and during times of war, used as slaves or worse. They have a fairly small country, with powerful allies (Schizotec). And they are constantly under attack by a group of nations who have it in for them (Moon Elf empire)

If you think that comparison is too political, then I'll delete it.

Mad Mask
2009-01-26, 08:09 PM

Well, nobody lives in the innermost islands of the Eternal Ruins, and they are two small and too disparate to allow good Sovice industrialisation. They'll take over once they need more resources.

Fawkes
2009-01-26, 08:11 PM

Well, they are totally uninhabitable. But they're not much worse than the rest of the Ruins, so... *shrug*

Szilard
2009-01-26, 08:12 PM
Maybe I can have a character that has something to do with those islands. Bob can live happily ever after with the Guins.(Unless something bad happens with them.)

Mad Mask
2009-01-26, 08:15 PM
Well, they are totally uninhabitable. But they're not much worse than the rest of the Ruins, so... *shrug*

Not to an organisation who's founders are mechanical entities composed of nano-machines that can consume almost anything and make entire cities in a few minutes.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-26, 08:25 PM
Not to an organisation who's founders are mechanical entities composed of nano-machines that can consume almost anything and make entire cities in a few minutes.

An entire city in a few minutes is a little optimistic, really. Maybe an hour.

They may be a Grey Goo scenario, but things take time in all states. Making a city would require mapping it out (The swift part for the Sovices) and then organising their forces and building each molecule and arranging them. The speed of their construction is limited by the speed at which each nano-machine can move, which is limited by the force of magnetism.

Kazul
2009-01-27, 04:52 AM
If Feldgrau doesn't make any aggressive (or potentially aggressive) moves, it will be pretty much left alone, but the UNA will attempt to negotiate every half-year or so.
If Felgrau attempts does not remain peaceful (which is, if you are not a member of the UNA, not doing anything other than economical/entertainment activities), then for the greater good (and peace), invasion !

But wouldn't Sovices and pro-Sovices humanoids, leaders of UNA, prefer to invade & conquer them just for certainty, without any particular reason? What I mean is that I thought the Holy Sovice Militia (or whatever their name was :smalltongue:) established UNA to control and rule entire Avbaroy. And every single non member state - even if not aggressive - is like a defect for their planes. Unless I got something wrong.

The United Nations of Avbaroy:

http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/countries/unarange.gif

I thought Alphantica sank before and invasion? :smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-27, 05:31 AM
But wouldn't Sovices and pro-Sovices humanoids, leaders of UNA, prefer to invade & conquer them just for certainty, without any particular reason? What I mean is that I thought the Holy Sovice Militia (or whatever their name was :smalltongue:) established UNA to control and rule entire Avbaroy. And every single non member state - even if not aggressive - is like a defect for their planes. Unless I got something wrong.

The aim of the HSM is, as far as Lying and the NSE can fathom, to mix themselves in with Avbaroy politics. By mixing in so intimately with a neutral government as regards interstellar affairs, the NSE can't in good conscience obliterate them from the planet.

Meanwhile, the UNA makes things nice and cozy so that the Avbaroyan races have less reason to rebel against them.

Basically the HSM is using the NSE's diplomatic ethics and morals (Which religious groups inevitably forget about) to keep them from attacking.

kpenguin
2009-01-27, 05:34 AM
That's not it, is it? Because that doesn't seem like must of a justification for war.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-27, 05:41 AM
The sovices settling in the Eternal Ruins would probably piss Rand off, so he's probably going to be personally destroying the settlements, then erasing the debris from existence.
Any attempts at settling the remaining islands will...not be in the settler's best interests. :smallamused:

Kazul
2009-01-27, 05:59 AM
The aim of the HSM is, as far as Lying and the NSE can fathom, to mix themselves in with Avbaroy politics. By mixing in so intimately with a neutral government as regards interstellar affairs, the NSE can't in good conscience obliterate them from the planet.

Meanwhile, the UNA makes things nice and cozy so that the Avbaroyan races have less reason to rebel against them.

Basically the HSM is using the NSE's diplomatic ethics and morals (Which religious groups inevitably forget about) to keep them from attacking.

Ah, I see.

That's not it, is it? Because that doesn't seem like must of a justification for war.

For whom? Sovices being comic baddies don't actually need any justification. And as for resistance... yep, our only reason to fight are words of little pink fish from future. That's why we are considered criminals, terrorists and called The Fallen by UNA - because other good guys see no rational and moral reason to fight. That also makes our existence and war we are fighting quite tragic, I think.

Edit: And the best part about it is that we actually may be completely wrong.

Nameless
2009-01-27, 06:25 AM

I think what Rand is saying MM, is that you need to relax a bit, you're taking this way to seriously.
It doesn't matter if back stories don't fit it exactly because ABR is just a game really which people can interpret in any way they wish.
And since Rand started his comic before all these idea's, he has the full right to do it as he pleases...... within reason of course.

@Fayte: I found the perfect song for ABR:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zeWBD7zHG8o

:smallamused:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-27, 07:15 AM

If you'd prefer, consider the grand scheme of things.

That is to say, the Sovice Civil War.

Lying's daughter is allied with the New Sovice Empire (NSE), Ins is allied with the Holy Sovice Militia (HSM).

That mostly means that Lying is also allied with the NSE (He's also associated with them of his own volition, so he is by choice allied with them), so from his perspective the HSM can be doing little good ultimately.

The NSE is most known for diplomacy than devastation, except in matters pertaining to the HSM, because the HSM uses tactics perhaps more suited to the Crusades than anything else.

So from the perspective of the UNoA, The Fallen and the NSE are godless heretics seeking to crush their righteous order. From the perspective of the resistance and the NSE, the HSM are religious zealots with little regard for sentient life if it doesn't fit in with their sanctified view of the world.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-27, 09:27 AM
I was reading another wiki the other day (the Mario wiki (http://www.mariowiki.com/Main_Page) if it's of any importance) and I noticed some features it has that the ABR wiki dosen't.

Firstly, the ability to select a random page. Plus a weekly poll, a featured article, a did-you-know?, and a quote-of-the-day.

Anybody else think these would be good things to have for the ABR wiki?

Mina Kobold
2009-01-27, 09:52 AM
I was reading another wiki the other day (the Mario wiki (http://www.mariowiki.com/Main_Page) if it's of any importance) and I noticed some features it has that the ABR wiki dosen't.

Firstly, the ability to select a random page. Plus a weekly poll, a featured article, a did-you-know?, and a quote-of-the-day.

Anybody else think these would be good things to have for the ABR wiki?

Sounds fun.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-27, 10:07 AM
The trickier part is actually adding them. Especially since, whilst Wetpaint is easy to use, it has some limitations.

Fin
2009-01-27, 01:34 PM
Hey guys I have been bouncing around the boards for a while now, WW players will know me. Hopefully? Anyway, I was just wondering how I go about taking part in this, apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. Please humour me!

BRC
2009-01-27, 01:45 PM
Hey guys I have been bouncing around the boards for a while now, WW players will know me. Hopefully? Anyway, I was just wondering how I go about taking part in this, apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. Please humour me!

It's easy, draw your character either killing somebody elses, or just enter the plot. Check the first post of this thread for a link to my guide on how best to join ABR. Also, send me monies so I can use my influence to ensure your acceptance into our little community.

Grim ranger
2009-01-27, 02:08 PM
So, Mask, the basic level of technology in the world around the time of FI roughly translates as steam punk? Just thinking, as Schizotec obviously has nuclear missiles, modern weaponary and such. And would it wage war against entire canon if third parties often employed by UNIA would have access to advanced technology, as it's agents perhaps have?

On another note, I think that any characters in UNA:s side in FI can call Grim Ranger in whenever necessary, as UNIA is his primary employer

Mina Kobold
2009-01-27, 02:50 PM
So, Mask, the basic level of technology in the world around the time of FI roughly translates as steam punk? Just thinking, as Schizotec obviously has nuclear missiles, modern weaponary and such. And would it wage war against entire canon if third parties often employed by UNIA would have access to advanced technology, as it's agents perhaps have?

On another note, I think that any characters in UNA:s side in FI can call Grim Ranger in whenever necessary, as UNIA is his primary employer

The Scizotec aren't with the UNA (I think). The high ranking UNA members get to use tools and weapons left behind by Scizotec (but they are rare)

BRC
2009-01-27, 03:07 PM

Certainly.

The idea is that Schitzotech had really advanced tech, think star-trek advanced in some areas. However, that was only for the highest-level government officials. As you went down in the social heirachy, you got down to industrial-revolution type lifestyle. When the UNoA moved in, they took all the shinies the schitzians hadn't destroyed/deleted when they realized that their defeat was inevitable (Read, about ten minutes after Tarjian forces breached the Technograd shields, and about two hours before the ruling council was forced to surrender unconditionally).

So yeah, sufficiently high-ranking UNoA personell probably have accsess to schizian tech, especiall if the UNoA got some of the Schizian scientists and engineers working for them, which they did.

Mad Mask
2009-01-27, 04:16 PM
The reason the normal people of Avbaroy have Industrial Revolution and Analogue technology is because the Sovice don't want them to become too autonomous. They gave them technology to have a pleasurable life (compared to their previous pseudo-medieval background), and not giving everything makes them more heroic and admired when they come dashingly rescuing a city threatened by [Insert Danger Here], then simply giving the people the things to care for themselves.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-27, 04:34 PM
The reason the normal people of Avbaroy have Industrial Revolution and Analogue technology is because the Sovice don't want them to become too autonomous. They gave them technology to have a pleasurable life (compared to their previous pseudo-medieval background), and not giving everything makes them more heroic and admired when they come dashingly rescuing a city threatened by [Insert Danger Here], then simply giving the people the things to care for themselves.

Oh my god, they must soooo die. :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2009-01-27, 05:32 PM
Two Characters, their more of NPC's than anything, but still...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/GrinblyandMarzer.png
On the left Marcus Grimbly President of Schitzland and leader of the provisionary Schitzian government. A popular politician before the war, Marcus Grimbly was appointed mayor of Skornbail when he proposed joining the UNoA between the third and fourth wars. His movement was gaining momentum when the ruling council declared him a subversive and exiled him. After the final war he was brought back and set up as the leader of the Schitzland provisional government. A savvy politician he has been working to peacefully mesh the Schitzians with the rest of the UNoA.
On the Right, Jacob Marzer Former member of the Schitzotech Ruling Council: Ironically enough, Marzer was always the most progressive member of the ruling council, and the only one to vote "Not Guilty" in Grimbly's trial. However, after the war he was contacted by Oliver and Igon Minoblendy, and told the truth about the Sovoices. He had been given more freedom than the other former councilmen, and he used his political power and skills to organize the varying schitzian resistance movements into the Sons of Schitzotech. When the UNIA discovered this, they attempted to arrest him, however he vanished. Despite being the leader of the SoS, he retains a sizeable following amongst the regular population, and often sends out radio broadcasts where he states his beliefs on all sorts of issues facing schitzotech, and denounces UNoA involvement in Schitzian affairs, his claim is that he wishes to create an independent Schitzotech that still works with the UNoA, thus allowing him to gain support among the moderates. He appeals to more radical schitzians through various jingoistic rabble-rousing subordinates. He is popular enough that the UNoA can't risk killing him lest they elevate him to Martyrdom, a fact that has allowed him to escape many times. Though he is not technically part of the overall resistance movement, being concerned primarily with Schitzland/otec, he works very closely with them.
Note: Marzer's message is moderate For Schitzotec, if he was saying the same things about, say, Percile, he would likely be considered an extreme radical.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-27, 05:41 PM
Two Characters, their more of NPC's than anything, but still...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/GrinblyandMarzer.png
On the left Marcus Grimbly President of Schitzland...

I would change that name...

Mad Mask
2009-01-27, 05:43 PM
I would change that name...

Schitzland is the new name for Schizotec, because Schizotec is too patriotic in the Schizian language.

Kazul
2009-01-27, 05:52 PM
Schitzland is the new name for Schizotec, because Schizotec is too patriotic in the Schizian language.

Riiight, then just try to pronounce that and hear how it sounds, phonetically. :smalltongue:

edit: At least that's how I, non native English speaker etc pronounce that. But either way, this name just isn't proper. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-01-27, 05:59 PM
http://theinfosphere.org/images/thumb/e/eb/Scruffy_2.jpg/225px-Scruffy_2.jpg
Second.

Mad Mask
2009-01-27, 06:02 PM
Riiight, then just try to pronounce that and hear how it sounds, phonetically. :smalltongue:

edit: At least that's how I, non native English speaker etc pronounce that. But either way, this name just isn't proper. :smalltongue:

The schiz is pronounced like the schiz in schizophrenia (skitz). Totally not like the vulgar synonym of faecal matter. It means "split land".

BRC
2009-01-27, 06:03 PM

It's supposed to be pronounced with a hard "C" as in Skitzland.

Fawkes
2009-01-27, 06:19 PM
I know how you're supposed to say it, but "sch" can just as easily be pronounced "sh". I would recommend removing the 't' in Schitzland. Otherwise, we will all start calling it Pewpland. It's inevitable, really.

BRC
2009-01-27, 06:29 PM
I know how you're supposed to say it, but "sch" can just as easily be pronounced "sh". I would recommend removing the 't' in Schitzland. Otherwise, we will all start calling it Pewpland. It's inevitable, really.
Well, now we are going to call it Pewpland anyway, because we are just that immmature. If you need evidence, I give you three words: Namless Has Boobies.

memnarch
2009-01-27, 07:02 PM
And he's really scary too! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/Abgeschoben/scarynameless.jpg

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-27, 07:02 PM
True, but if we change one letter of "Nameless" it doesn't ruin the joke. If we just remove the "t" we definitely obscure if not eliminate this one.

Szilard
2009-01-27, 08:00 PM
@Q: I have no idea what to do at the chocolate factory, so I suggest you start giving them a tour or somesuch. Make sure to include Gremlin's character, so he doesn't feel left out. I will make a comic with Sorcerer Dude later today.

Edit: I can't seem to think of any ideas of what to do wit Sorcerer Dude, or how to turn that idea into a comic. Wait, I just thought of something... Sorcerer Dude finds some meerkats, and they lead him to this power source that is stopping Vert Doom.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-27, 09:49 PM
@Q: I have no idea what to do at the chocolate factory, so I suggest you start giving them a tour or somesuch. Make sure to include Gremlin's character, so he doesn't feel left out. I will make a comic with Sorcerer Dude later today.

Edit: I can't seem to think of any ideas of what to do wit Sorcerer Dude, or how to turn that idea into a comic. Wait, I just thought of something... Sorcerer Dude finds some meerkats, and they lead him to this power source that is stopping Vert Doom.

I'm not including Gremlin's underdeveloped character. Not untill Gremlin gets back and makes a comic with him doing something so that I would NEED to make a template with him, or that he does something notable! I refuse to make a template for a character that copied my characters' entrance completely and does nothing else! :smallmad:

Anyway, I'll get on making the new comic. I really don't know what to say about your comic idea.

The Gremlin
2009-01-27, 11:35 PM
I'm not including Gremlin's underdeveloped character. Not untill Gremlin gets back and makes a comic with him doing something so that I would NEED to make a template with him, or that he does something notable! I refuse to make a template for a character that copied my characters' entrance completely and does nothing else! :smallmad:

Anyway, I'll get on making the new comic. I really don't know what to say about your comic idea.

I didn't copy your entrance! I don't even know what your entrance is!:smallannoyed:
So, I may be gone for a little while. On the way back from California, it turned out that my sister had the stomach flu. I was in the same car as her for 5 hours, and so will probably get sick.:smallsigh:

Fay Graydon
2009-01-28, 05:59 AM
*snip*
stomach flu.
*hack*

Stomach Flu? :raisedeyebrow:
thats a new one, Ive heard of the pling, the lergy, est... but never the stomach flu :awesomesmily:

BRC
2009-01-28, 08:30 AM
Today markes the second consecutive snow day this week. It is amazing...

Emperor Ing
2009-01-28, 08:45 AM
I remember I once had what might as well have been 2 weeks straight worth of snowfall.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-28, 09:24 AM
Aww man. We get very few snow days over here. 2007 had none, as had 2006, 2008 had two, then.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-28, 09:25 AM
We rarely have snow, I think the cold snap we had early-mid December was the first snow day I've ever had.

BRC
2009-01-28, 09:30 AM
It's especially odd because of how reluctant the administration is to close school...

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 09:50 AM
I didn't copy your entrance! I don't even know what your entrance is!:smallannoyed:

My characters' entrance into the SDSB comic (or ad least the thing to invovle them in the plot itself) was to hold Szilard at gun point and ask him what the hell was going on.

You're character held him at cross-bow point and asked him what the hell was going on RIGHT after I did. You copied my characters' entrance and stole my characters' thunder, and you should be ashamed! :smallannoyed:

Also, sorry about your illness thingy.

Fawkes
2009-01-28, 10:49 AM
Today markes the second consecutive snow day this week. It is amazing...

That's funny, today marks the third consecutive day of really cold rain. And I have to walk across campus to class each day.

Edit: I just took a fifteen-minute walk across campus, as the trees dropped icicles on me, slipping on the frozen grass, and generally just freezing my butt off, only to realize when I got there that class was canceled.

I'm so cold.

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 11:23 AM
My characters' entrance into the SDSB comic (or ad least the thing to invovle them in the plot itself) was to hold Szilard at gun point and ask him what the hell was going on.

You're character held him at cross-bow point and asked him what the hell was going on RIGHT after I did. You copied my characters' entrance and stole my characters' thunder, and you should be ashamed! :smallannoyed:

Also, sorry about your illness thingy.

I made my comic about the same time you did, I had no idea that your comic did the same thing as mine!
And technically, it's a rivebow. :smalltongue:

Also, sorry about your illness thingy.Thanks.

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 11:29 AM
That's funny, today marks the third consecutive day of really cold rain. And I have to walk across campus to class each day.

Edit: I just took a fifteen-minute walk across campus, as the trees dropped icicles on me, slipping on the frozen grass, and generally just freezing my butt off, only to realize when I got there that class was canceled.

I'm so cold.

Meh, that's nothing compared to what you can face in some areas of Canada. Obviously, you've never known the much bigger frustration of walking for 30 minutes through a blizzard at -40 degrees centigrade then finding out that school had closed.

chriky
2009-01-28, 12:22 PM
I'm making a future Imperfect video and i'm gonna collect art for it.
I don't want random kills and a one panel scene (no speech) would be prefered. I will not use all the art that you give (assuming you give me any) but i will use most of it. I'm gonna ask For FI art untill 4:30 tomorow GMT.
Please give me as much art as possible. :smallbiggrin:

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 12:47 PM
I'm making a future Imperfect video and i'm gonna collect art for it.
I don't want random kills and a one panel scene (no speech) would be prefered. I will not use all the art that you give (assuming you give me any) but i will use most of it. I'm gonna ask For FI art untill 4:30 tomorow GMT.
Please give me as much art as possible. :smallbiggrin:

A true trailer is an animated one, not one with still pictures (like the one I'm still doing). But I'll still contribute to yours. :smallsmile:

I would suggest that, instead of asking everyone to send you images without knowing what you want exactly, you should do a storyboard. Or maybe simply a very basic script, so we know what you want.

chriky
2009-01-28, 12:56 PM
I don't want an actual story to it.
I'm doing one similair to omicrons or Kp's trailers, but because it's for a plot i don't want random kills. I wan't either groups of characters in cool poses or Fights with people from The resistance and UNA.
And It's not a trailer then it's a promotional video. :smallsmile:

Fawkes
2009-01-28, 01:05 PM
*sneezes on Mad Mask*