PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 01:11 PM
I have made some artwork for your video, Chirky. I made this rather quickly, so I may make another, better one later.

http://i39.tinypic.com/14984nr.png

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 01:13 PM
Yet again, I seem to have some problems with the Wiki (namely: tables and images). Why exactly did we choose Wetpaint, anyway ? There are much better wikifarms out there.

chriky
2009-01-28, 01:13 PM
I have made some artwork for your video, Chirky. I made this rather quickly, so I may make another, better one later.

http://i39.tinypic.com/14984nr.png

Thanks thats exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

BRC
2009-01-28, 01:39 PM
Here's one, Ven doing something in the Venspace (the metaphorical representation of Ven's server space thingy. That's where he and Mechafox hang out while coordinating the Resistance)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/Venspace.png

chriky
2009-01-28, 01:42 PM
MM you said you were making an animation and I was wondering what you use to make the animation and if you know of any good Free ones.

@ BRC - That's Great

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 01:45 PM
MM you said you were making an animation and I was wondering what you use to make the animation and if you know of any good Free ones.

@ BRC - That's Great

I use Flash, sorry.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-28, 02:21 PM
I use Flash, sorry.

This is news to me.

For everything, or just animations?

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 02:27 PM
This is news to me.

For everything, or just animations?

Some time ago I used Flash for everything, but now I use it only for animations, by drawing things in Illustrator and exporting them to Flash.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-28, 02:29 PM
Here's some art for the vid Chriky

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7951/pose1ea8.png

BRC
2009-01-28, 03:10 PM
I got bored, here's another shot of Venspace
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/ABR/Venspace2.png

chriky
2009-01-28, 04:21 PM
Could someone draw a Lying form FFF1 Ina battle pose.
Also I need a Lying in his Bed from FI with me, Gremlin and maybe some other characters surrounding him.
I would also like some UNA characters in poses.
:smallbiggrin:

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 04:22 PM
Could someone draw a Lying form FFF1 Ina battle pose.
Also I need a Lying in his Bed from FI with me, Gremlin and maybe some other characters surrounding him.
I would also like some UNA characters in poses.
:smallbiggrin:

I'm doing that and a few battle scenes.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-28, 04:27 PM
Working on one also.

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 04:32 PM
I'm trying to do a pic, but whenever I draw something it doesn't show up. No matter what I do with the fill & stroke. Any ideas on what's causing this?:smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-28, 04:40 PM
I'm trying to do a pic, but whenever I draw something it doesn't show up. No matter what I do with the fill & stroke. Any ideas on what's causing this?:smallconfused:

Check the transparency settings (Both for Fill & Stroke and the object overall)

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 04:50 PM
Here's my first one:

Lying in bed
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/fi/vfi1.png

Comments & criticisms are always welcome.

EDIT: More development on Igon's illness:

As you know, Igon Minoblendy is being poisoned by the Sovices, keeping him out of action, and all the efforts of the resistance seem futile. However, sometimes their efforts are successful, and Igon is cured; but he is soon poisoned again, even though he remains under 24 hour guard, leading to many conspiracy theories. Some even suggest that it is Chriky himself who poisons Igon Minoblendy.

The poison that afflicts Igon Minoblendy might not be something mundane. Sometimes, he enters period of apparent delusions, where he acts as if he was in an other location in time and space. Frequently, those involve with him thinking he was in the Age of Dragons, but sometimes, when he describes his hallucinations to Nilmerg, he speaks of events that never occurred, or he may even say that he was in the future !

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 04:55 PM
Here's my first one:

Lying in bed

Why is everbody wearing brown or beige rather then their respective costumes? :smallconfused:

Also, why is Lying wearing a thong? :confused:

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 05:02 PM
Why is everbody wearing brown or beige rather then their respective costumes? :smallconfused:

Don't tell me everybody kept the same clothes for 15 years and/or never change clothes.

And Igon is wearing a thong because he was sleeping and they didn't change his clothes yet.

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 05:03 PM

Not to mention that I no longer wear an eyepatch.

Check the transparency settings (Both for Fill & Stroke and the object overall)

How do I check those?

T-O-E
2009-01-28, 05:04 PM

Check if you've accidentally locked the layer.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 05:04 PM
Don't tell me everybody kept the same clothes for 15 years and/or never change clothes.

But all brown and beige? And a thong of all things? :confused:

Also, "Green-shirt" Q is called that for a reason. Just saying.

chriky
2009-01-28, 05:05 PM

Yeah but those are our at home clothes we wouldn't go out in them.

Mad Mask
2009-01-28, 05:06 PM
Not to mention that I no longer wear an eyepatch.

It's not an eyepatch, it's a device that Nilmerg tried out in an attempt to have his eyesight without having a clunky VISOR. It didn't work well, so he threw it out. It's totally not because my VISOR drawings were horrible...

I don't think making colourful clothes is the main concern of the resistance.

EDIT: Weird, Q (not Star Trek Q) looks awfully like some king of bum.

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 05:14 PM
It's not an eyepatch, it's a device that Nilmerg tried out in an attempt to have his eyesight without having a clunky VISOR. It didn't work well, so he threw it out. It's totally not because my VISOR drawings were horrible...

Alright, that sounds good. But the visor was actually to boost his divination spells, not to help his eyesight.
@Troll; Nope, it isn't.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-28, 05:15 PM
And a thong of all things?

Yeah seriously, Old dude + Thong = Do not want.
Tim Maughan, aka Lyinginbedmon on the other hand.. *wink wink nudge nudge*

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1854/imalwaysrighthx1.png
Edit- Stupid imageshack

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 05:17 PM

I assume they have clothes shops in the future? :smallconfused:

Also, I don't see how he looks like a bum, but I suppose it would make sense.

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 05:19 PM

The resources of the ALF=Not so good. They can't afford to waste time and money buying/stealing colorful clothes that will just make them more noticeable. We have to make sacrifices.:smalltongue:

BRC
2009-01-28, 05:22 PM

Yeah, but he's passed out high on sovoice-poison, plus, he's the most wanted man in the world. He can't exactly go into a tailors shop to be measured, and while Ven is a great mechanic, engineer, and Chef (Provided he's given enough time to experiment, because once he's done a recipie that people like once, he can repeat it almost exactly), he's not much of a Tailor.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 05:27 PM
So we all have to wear brown in the future then, eh? Can't we sacrafice realism and not making plot-holes for colour? :smallannoyed:

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 05:30 PM
So we all have to wear brown in the future then, eh? Can't we sacrafice realism and not making plot-holes for colour? :smallannoyed:

Of course not! You can wear gray!:smalltongue:

BRC
2009-01-28, 05:31 PM

You Fool, don't you know that Real is Brown (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealIsBrown)

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-28, 05:31 PM
You could just renounce your evil ways and join the UNA. We have all the good clothes. :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 05:34 PM
How do I check those?

Lying?:smallconfused:
EDIT: I got it! The opacity was turned real low for some reason. Will post my picture as soon as I can, as soon as I figure out how to draw a desk...

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-28, 05:40 PM

Select the object, press Ctrl + F. The object transparency is the bottom slide bar, the colour transparency is the A bar on the HSL view.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 05:47 PM
You Fool, don't you know that Real is Brown (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealIsBrown)

Real sucks, too. And I think we abandoned realism with zombie cats and gaint talking penguins. :smallannoyed:

Kazul
2009-01-28, 05:49 PM
Here's my first one:

Lying in bed

EDIT: More development on Igon's illness:

As you know, Igon Minoblendy is being poisoned by the Sovices, keeping him out of action, and all the efforts of the resistance seem futile. However, sometimes their efforts are successful, and Igon is cured; but he is soon poisoned again, even though he remains under 24 hour guard, leading to many conspiracy theories. Some even suggest that it is Chriky himself who poisons Igon Minoblendy.

I like it. Both the picture and the idea. Actually I'd like my character to be responsible for gossips and suspicions about Chriky - not because of dislike to him, or something, but rather becasue of his simplicity of thinking, fear about Igon and prejudice he has against Chriky (remember, he used to fight Sildyu's dragons in the past, probably also heard about his great ancestor and knows about Firedrake, who turned villain. It's just hard for him to understand there may be good dragons). He will still respect him as a fellow warrior and Lying personal bodyguard, he will just always keep an eye on his actions.

Also, everyone, please don't work on my template. I am going to change it anyway with the beginning of FI.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-28, 06:00 PM
Were making art for an FI vid? :smallconfused::smallsmile:

BRC
2009-01-28, 06:01 PM
I had an idea concerning Igon's illness. It intentionally cause Igon to hallucinate about his past, specifically, his happy life before the fall of Arcania, perhaps even hallucinating what his life may have been had Arcania not fallen. It acts as a Lotus Eater Machine, attempting to make Igon himself resist treatment so as to continue reliving these happy memories. Whether or not it is successful is another matter entirely.

Ven has been working to try to find a cure, however, his knowledge of chemistry is better suited for making explosives or machine fluids than magical medicines, so he hasn't met with much success.

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 08:00 PM
To be quite honest, I don't like MM's idea. The whole idea of this was that people are searching, and cannot find, the cure. At least from my perspective.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-28, 08:05 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g784.png

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-28, 08:05 PM
I personally would prefer if Lying wasn't reduced to invalid status, but more like a patient with a bad case of schizophrenia. It puts him out of comission, demoralises the resistance (Loss of a leader and loss of one of the wisest people around to "stress"), and it would allow me to actually do stuff with him.

Since the symptoms are basically mental illness, different theories would arise about precisely what is wrong, discouraging the pursuit of the right cure.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-28, 08:10 PM
Oliver keeps his jacket that he had in FFF. Although it is tattered and he wears it open, showing off his amazing abs.

Oliver's street gang has fairly good clothing, most likely ripped however. These gangsters have been in the resistance anywhere from 15 years (the Qs and a choice few old friends) to 6 months previously.

Also: We need to decide on who's cosmology we should use, KPs, MMs, or mine. I can dig up all the stuff I wrote about it later. This is important, as it affects potential badassery by Oliver.

BRC
2009-01-28, 08:11 PM
I personally would prefer if Lying wasn't reduced to invalid status, but more like a patient with a bad case of schizophrenia. It puts him out of comission, demoralises the resistance (Loss of a leader and loss of one of the wisest people around to "stress"), and it would allow me to actually do stuff with him.
Agleed, the effects shouldn't be constant. Sometimes he's as sharp as he was in his youth, other times he is barely aware whats going on. Alot of the senior resistance members spend their time covering up for this, citing "Security reasons" for keeping Igon away from the rest of the resistance during these periods. Their trying to project the image of a determined, capable, intelligent leader who merely hasn't been getting enough sleep, any odd behavior is usually attempted to be brushed away with some combination of the following
1) He's busy making a secret plan and thinking it over, he has a unique method of doing so.
2) They did things differently back when he was young, this is one of those customs.
3) Shaddup, don't distract him, he may be making the plan that will expose the UNoA for what it is and free the world once and for all!

Shades of Gray
2009-01-28, 08:17 PM
The gang, because most members are fairly new, aren't even allowed inside HQ (a few notable exceptions including the Qs). They rarely would see Lying anyway, so Oliver can make up pretty much any rumour he wants, for fun:

He coughs fire.

His spit can melt through concrete.

He hides a tail underneath his robes.

etc.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-28, 08:20 PM
The gang, because most members are fairly new, aren't even allowed inside HQ (a few notable exceptions including the Qs). They rarely would see Lying anyway, so Oliver can make up pretty much any rumour he wants, for fun:

And "RSQ" (since he has some kind of unexplained hatred against Lying) would make up embarrassing rumors about Lying when Oliver isn't looking. :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 08:21 PM
Oliver keeps his jacket that he had in FFF. Although it is tattered and he wears it open, showing off his amazing abs.

Oliver's street gang has fairly good clothing, most likely ripped however. These gangsters have been in the resistance anywhere from 15 years (the Qs and a choice few old friends) to 6 months previously.

Also: We need to decide on who's cosmology we should use, KPs, MMs, or mine. I can dig up all the stuff I wrote about it later. This is important, as it affects potential badassery by Oliver.

*Ahem*:smallmad:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-28, 08:24 PM
I just realised... I need to develop Jakob's character more.

*goes to develop Jakob's character*

I realize that Jakob will not attack Antoine, unless he is sure that he'll block it. Jakob will be the recruiter of the gang, gathering folk to join, as he knows the most about "da streets" (whereas Oliver knows about "da planes").

Oliver is also the chosen of the prime material... I'll leave you guys up to guess what that means.

@^ You really should get that cough fixed.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-28, 08:26 PM
He coughs fire.

His spit can melt through concrete.

He hides a tail underneath his robes.

etc.

His urine could fuel a tank

His beard can light a campfire in a light breeze, purely from friction

His ponytail is prehensile

He could choke you from over a thousand feet away

Actually, that last one is probably true, Telekinesis is a Long range spell.

BRC
2009-01-28, 08:28 PM
His urine could fuel a tank

His beard can light a campfire in a light breeze, purely from friction

His ponytail is prehensile

He could choke you from over a thousand feet away

Actually, that last one is probably true, Telekinesis is a Long range spell.
Igon's Beard is also an epic-level spellcaster.

Igon Built Ven, and all the Dettas, In a cave with a box of scraps.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-28, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry, but we're not Igon.:smalltongue:

Has Lying become the new Chuck Norris?

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 08:31 PM
I just realised... I need to develop Jakob's character more.

*goes to develop Jakob's character*

I realize that Jakob will not attack Antoine, unless he is sure that he'll block it. Jakob will be the recruiter of the gang, gathering folk to join, as he knows the most about "da streets" (whereas Oliver knows about "da planes").

Oliver is also the chosen of the prime material... I'll leave you guys up to guess what that means.

@^ You really should get that cough fixed.

You have no idea how true that statement is. I actually have a nasty cough even as we speak.:smallannoyed:

Eita
2009-01-28, 08:45 PM
Lying's toe has enough magic to kill a dragon.

BRC
2009-01-28, 09:16 PM
So great is the power of his beard, that every morning he must trim it with a pair of +5 Adamite clippers.

Eita
2009-01-28, 09:34 PM
A chin does not rest behind Lying's beard, there is just another beard.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-28, 09:35 PM
Lying's yawn is as good as "Sonic."

The Gremlin
2009-01-28, 09:36 PM
Whew, this is harder than I thought. All the same, it is ten times better than Paint.:smallsmile:

Eita
2009-01-28, 11:19 PM
Okay, I've been messing around with Eita for FI, and, well, here's what I've got so far.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/elgor1/EitaFITemplate.png

EDIT: And yes, I know it's small. I'm going to have to get used to the size thing again.

memnarch
2009-01-28, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry, but we're not Igon.:smalltongue:

Has Lying become the new Chuck Norris?

But of course! He's like, the coolest dude in FI!

The Gremlin
2009-01-29, 12:26 AM
Alright, I' done with the picture. Will post it in the morning, I need to get some sleep.:smallsigh:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-29, 07:40 AM
Is it okay if Argonath I and Keveaks ghosts hang around in the HQ, they can't actually do much and need magic auras to be visible and to see and hear far. They pretty much just comment stuff and tries to help Vens search for a cure wit any obscure knowledge they have (wich doesn't have much to do with cures but they try)

The Gremlin
2009-01-29, 10:39 AM
Here's my pic, of Nilmerg Eht in his study searching for the cure.http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/The__Gremlin/RealFIpic.png

Mina Kobold
2009-01-29, 12:22 PM
Here's my pic, of Nilmerg Eht in his study searching for the cure.http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/The__Gremlin/RealFIpic.png

Didn't you say he had a visor? NOT a Whatever-that-is.

Also cool drawing.

Threeshades
2009-01-29, 02:00 PM

Did he check the phone book for "Robert Smith" maybe?

Seriously though, what cure?

Mina Kobold
2009-01-29, 02:44 PM
Did he check the phone book for "Robert Smith" maybe?

Seriously though, what cure?

Igons illness.

The Gremlin
2009-01-29, 02:51 PM
Didn't you say he had a visor? NOT a Whatever-that-is.

Also cool drawing.

Thanks.
And yes, he did, but it was too clunky and cumbersome so with the help of Ven, he took apart the visor and made it into his eye-thingy.

Threeshades
2009-01-29, 04:51 PM
Igons illness.

what illness? Why am I not informed?

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-29, 04:55 PM

He was poisoned by the sovice, and now he's coocoo. *twirls finger*

Emperor Ing
2009-01-29, 05:02 PM
Well, you were drunk, high, and passed out, the club was locked down, and we decided if was better not to tell you.

The Gremlin
2009-01-29, 05:08 PM

*Facepalm* :smalltongue:

Szilard
2009-01-29, 06:56 PM
@Lying: Wasn't Lor Nae doing something about Sorcerer Dude?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-29, 08:07 PM
@Lying: Wasn't Lor Nae doing something about Sorcerer Dude?

She was, but then I got kinda busy... :smallredface:

Szilard
2009-01-29, 08:12 PM
Ah, is there anything you would like me to draw out in my next comic, as I have no idea what to do?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-29, 08:19 PM
Ah, is there anything you would like me to draw out in my next comic, as I have no idea what to do?

A crosshair over SD's head. Mana (Ordered to take him out) is chiefly a sniper.

EDIT: Just checked, Mana wasn't ordered to do anything in that comic, but then the bone train was only inconvenienced at the time too. Crosshair it is.

Eita
2009-01-29, 08:28 PM
Where are you posting SDSB...?

Szilard
2009-01-29, 08:32 PM
Cool,
Who exactly is Mana?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-29, 09:09 PM
Cool,
Who exactly is Mana?

Mana Rigorn, one of Lor Nae's top henchmen. Her story is pretty well explained in Remember, but the gist is that she could well be Rangiramon.

Szilard
2009-01-29, 09:19 PM
So... she's human? Care to give any details to how she looks, what she wears?

The Gremlin
2009-01-29, 09:45 PM
Where are you posting SDSB...?

The art thread, like all the other plots.

Eita
2009-01-29, 09:54 PM
EDIT: But, but... I don't see any of the SDSB stuff...

The Gremlin
2009-01-29, 10:05 PM
EDIT: But, but... I don't see any of the SDSB stuff...

That's because SDSB is rather slow, and recently but no longer dead.

Kazul
2009-01-30, 08:05 AM
Could someone with youtube account reply to recipesfromahat, on FFF trailer? :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-01-30, 10:18 AM
Could someone with youtube account reply to recipesfromahat, on FFF trailer? :smalltongue:

Huh? :smallconfused:

Kazul
2009-01-30, 10:43 AM
I have no clue what this is about but did you steal those character designs from order of the stick?

This is what I mean. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uqh4cOewDNg)

The Gremlin
2009-01-30, 11:07 AM
This is what I mean. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uqh4cOewDNg)

I see.
Replied to it, anyways.:smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-30, 11:45 AM
Huh? :smallconfused:

A youTube commenter thought we were ripping off Mr Burlew

BRC
2009-01-30, 11:49 AM
A youTube commenter thought we were ripping off Mr Burlew

Well we are...In a good way.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-30, 12:43 PM
Well we are...In a good way.

Yes, but they implied we were directly stealing character designs from Burlew

T-O-E
2009-01-30, 02:52 PM
Youtube comments are terrible.

Well, most of them.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-30, 03:11 PM
We are using his art style with his permission (if not then this Arts and Crafts forum is non-existing) therefore not stealing it.

Fawkes
2009-01-30, 03:15 PM
I;'m not sure you can really 'steal' an art style.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-30, 03:24 PM
I;'m not sure you can really 'steal' an art style.

Oh you can. Acording to copyright law at lleast you can by using it without the creators permission

BRC
2009-01-30, 03:27 PM
Oh you can. Acording to copyright law at lleast you can by using it without the creators permission
No, only specific images, or if you are clearly trying to copy somebody elses work directly, as in that actual image, not the style used. It's not like somebody could copywrite Cubism.

memnarch
2009-01-30, 03:29 PM
No, you can't steal an art style. Just think of the problems of copyrighting photography and movie making? Sure, you can own the stuff in the photos or movie, but you don't own the method of producing them.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-30, 03:51 PM
Well you can over here (I think) just making something wich is too close and earning money wich it is illegal (wich makes the youtube thing not-illegal in this case). I guess our laws are different (like our food, who wants hot liver, blood sausage and frie¨d or raw squid)

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-30, 03:52 PM
We went through this debate during the Webcomic Boom, art styles cannot be copyrighted.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-30, 04:02 PM
I believe some people confuse giving credit of the art style to the original artist as a legal obligation as opposed to a common courtesy

Grim ranger
2009-01-30, 04:04 PM
I think I will introduce Grim's mercenary band in detail only in beginning of FI, but I think I have some ideas for it even now. Some basics of my ideas are here, all critique is appreciated and needed to mold them into image fitting for FI.

The Pacifiers

Common information: rather specialized mercenary warband who sell their swords and concience to anyone willing to pay enough for it. Recently, they have sold their services exclusively to UNA to help them root out the terrorists who oppose UNA:s vision of world peace, apparently by the degree of their leader, part time bounty hunter Grim Ranger.

Though The Pacifiers may have rather misleading name, they are often more brutal than most normal army regiments, having very little opposition to UNA:s commands in general as long as they get paid in due, and are willing and able to commit horrible deeds in name of their orders. The band is not afraid to torture or cause collecteral damage to achieve it's goals, which has given it bit of dangerous "loose cannon" reputation amongst the UNA:s lower level employees, who wiewn such often unpredictable inviduals as much of a threat to UNA as to the terrorists. Still, UNIA continues to employ the band to perform most hellish of missions and as long as they get paid, The Pacifiers live up to their name more often than not, "pacifying" insurgents for UNA.

All members of The Pacifiers use either hoods or masks to cover their idenfity and to keep their emplyers contantly at their toes. They do not have uniform as such, though most members use cloaks to hide variety of weapons they carry with them. Most members prefer to use close-combat weapons or short-ranged ones if firepower is needed, but are never above using whatever tools their mission demands. The band has members from many races and cultures, creating rather diverse and ragtag, yet strangely efficient group of mercinaries.

I will add more soon, this was just my initial thoughts of the band that might follow GR around in times of FI.

Fawkes
2009-01-30, 04:15 PM
Well you can over here (I think) just making something wich is too close and earning money wich it is illegal (wich makes the youtube thing not-illegal in this case). I guess our laws are different (like our food, who wants hot liver, blood sausage and frie¨d or raw squid)

I like fried squid. I'll pass on the liver and blood, though.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-30, 04:16 PM
So now that I have some free time, I will finally be able to finish up the comic.

It should be up by tomorrow night, at the latest =D

I haven't been reading all the discussion anymore since my workload spiked, so I think the wiki should compile all information and ideas. FI is the only thing I'm interested in that I'm also now uninformed in, so posting it in the wiki would keep us informed...

Is anyone willing to be the FI information archivist?

Mad Mask
2009-01-30, 04:29 PM
Is anyone willing to be the FI information archivist?

I think I'm the most qualified person for this job... I'll do it.

I'll make a "news" page on the wiki. Is that fine with you ?

Threeshades
2009-01-30, 04:42 PM

squid is freakin delicious, fried, cooked or raw. Also blood sausage is the king of put-it-on-bread meats. hot liver? never tried it but generally liver is nice

The Gremlin
2009-01-30, 06:13 PM
Okay, guys. We need to get the plot moving. Now, here's what I think needs to be done, comic-wise:
Lying responds to Ven's question. They then finally get going and go into the castle.
The Qs and Rand start wiping out the lesser shades, while the real Shades are commenting on how the fools may kill all the lackeys in their castle, it won't matter. The three trespassers can't kill them, and anyways the bulk of their armies are already safely elsewhere. Suddenly, through a telepathic link, they see that their 'mighty' armies are about to be under attack by the UNA.
Back to the heroes: They're going into the castle, while fighting the occasional monster. They're wondering why they aren't seeing many real guards, though. Then they see the Qs and Rand fighting a ton of shades in a conveniently large chamber, with lots of shades cannibalizing and reproducing. One of the three (probably the GSQ or maybe Rand)tells the heroes to go on and destroy the Shades forever.
Now the big fight scene. During the fight of Heroes vs. Villains, another battle is going on: That of villains and worse villains. The UNA vs. the Shades' armies.
At the same time the Shades (hopefully)lose, we see a UNA guy (probably Ins)announce their victory amongst cheering citizens.
The heroes exit the castle. Then, somebody (probably one of the guys who we meet later in FI, or maybe me :smallwink:)comes and tells them that the UNA has defeated the Neo-Moon Elf Empire, and that a group of Sovice soldiers is on their way now to kill the heroes. They must flee.
End FFF I.
Also, I think we should archive all the events for FFF I, and come up with an actual title. FFF II has one, it makes sense that FFF I does, too.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-30, 06:14 PM
Squid is like chicken with the properties of rubber.

Szilard
2009-01-30, 06:51 PM
So... [Mana]'s human? Care to give any details to how she looks, what she wears?

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-30, 06:52 PM
I sketched my ABR character in 8th period today. I just converted it to inkscape. comments?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g11.png
new art style, gasp.

The Gremlin
2009-01-30, 06:54 PM
I sketched my ABR character in 8th period today. I just converted it to inkscape. comments?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g11.png
new art style, gasp.

Is he supposed to be a child?
If so, good work.
Oh, oops. Didn't see your edit.
Nice job.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-30, 07:16 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/ManaRigorn.pngHere we go

She's as close to nude of any still-clothed character I've ever drawn. Amazingly, there's reasons behind that.

Szilard
2009-01-30, 07:19 PM
Thanks, I'll try to make a comic later today.:smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2009-01-30, 09:39 PM
Hmm. Squark has returned.
Don't destroy any citadels.:smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-30, 10:56 PM
I was screwing around on inkscape, and I made a few members for Oliver's squad.

Top Left to Right: Harrison, Ogre Bard. RSQ. Graham, Elven Urban Ranger. GSQ. Oliver. Jakob.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g24386.png

Motorcycle Pic.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/text30003.png

These are some of the more permanent members, with some personality. They are still mildly expendable plotwise, and are NPCs.

The Gremlin
2009-01-30, 10:59 PM
I was screwing around on inkscape, and I made a few members for Oliver's squad.

Top Left to Right: Harrison, Ogre Bard. RSQ. Graham, Elven Urban Ranger. GSQ. Oliver. Jakob.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g18225.png

Motorcycle Pic.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/text30003.png

These are some of the more permanent members, with some personality. They are still mildly expendable plotwise, and are NPCs.
I like the ranger. It never really occurred to me that an urban ranger might be punkish and really MATCH urban areas.
Cool.:smallsmile:

Eita
2009-01-31, 01:32 AM
Hah! Yes! Finally have an idea that actually puts me into the plot for a coherent reason! Need to clear it with Lying first though...

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 03:38 AM
Can Keveak be in the battle (my ne¨xt comic will show him leaving Argonath and Ignotus for the battle but promissing to return). could the next one who makes a comic about the battle show him (in case of me being too slow)

Threeshades
2009-01-31, 06:47 AM
Im home tomorrow then I can get tome plotmovement done. :smallsmile:

I call dibs on the Shades-are-beaten-comic. (they will have to be destroyed one after another like those annoying Legend of Zelda bosses)

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 07:00 AM
I call dibs on the Shades-are-beaten-comic. (they will have to be destroyed one after another like those annoying Legend of Zelda bosses)

One of them accidentally gets killed in the crossfire between Rand, Qs, and the lesser shades, or whatever they're called

Squark
2009-01-31, 07:16 AM
If I get to the citadel in time for the final battle (I'm wrapping up Anileh quickly, its going the way of Helina...), just stick me using some sort of psionic power (look here (http://www.d20srd.org/) if you're not familiar with psionics)

Edit: Keveak, that stretchs MY screen. And I have a widescreen. While it doesn't bother me, spoiler it for those it does bother, please? Sorry If I sound rude.

chriky
2009-01-31, 07:31 AM
I still needed pictures for the video with Lying reall magic'd up from FFF1.
I also need pictures that have these people in:

The raging Flame
Fayte
Mechafox
Nameless
Grim Ranger

And possibly Jim Swagger, Kazul, Antoine, Karen Dewey and Lyle

Squark
2009-01-31, 07:55 AM
What video?

chriky
2009-01-31, 07:59 AM
What video?

I'm making a short Promotional Video ( Not a triler according to MM) For FI.

And I don't need the Lying pic anymore i made a rubbishy one myself.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 08:03 AM
If I get to the citadel in time for the final battle (I'm wrapping up Anileh quickly, its going the way of Helina...), just stick me using some sort of psionic power (look here (http://www.d20srd.org/) if you're not familiar with psionics)

Edit: Keveak, that stretchs MY screen. And I have a widescreen. While it doesn't bother me, spoiler it for those it does bother, please? Sorry If I sound rude.

It doesn't stretchs my screen, but I'll spoiler it.:smallsmile:

Nameless
2009-01-31, 08:04 AM
I still needed pictures for the video with Lying reall magic'd up from FFF1.
I also need pictures that have these people in:

The raging Flame
Fayte
Mechafox
Nameless
Grim Ranger

And possibly Jim Swagger, Kazul, Antoine, Karen Dewey and Lyle

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/nUdEATH-1.png

chriky
2009-01-31, 08:20 AM
Changed my mind I don't need anymore

Mad Mask
2009-01-31, 08:21 AM
@Lyinginbedmon: What happened to that meeting between the NSE, the Exersus Resistance and others ? Is it essential that it is done before we go inside the mountain ? And do you have a plan in mind to assault it ?

I would like to make the next comic, if nobody minds.

chriky
2009-01-31, 08:46 AM
I finished the Video.
But it won't let me upload it as a .WMV file on Photobucket
Does anyone know what sort of files it does let you upload and how i can change it into one of them from windows Movie maker.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 09:03 AM
I wasn't able to save the CA plushie looking me but I made these.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g381.png

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 09:06 AM
I wasn't able to save the CA plushie looking me but I made these.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g381.png

Nice. Now do me! please:smallmad::smalltongue:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 09:33 AM
Awww... chriky... Since you can't save it, could you just pop in the picture of me and my gang in there? The motorcycle one or the other one is okay, I don't care.

Or you could add this:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path21879.png

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 09:35 AM
MM is done. :smallbiggrin:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g41.png

chriky
2009-01-31, 10:28 AM
Awww... chriky... Since you can't save it, could you just pop in the picture of me and my gang in there? The motorcycle one or the other one is okay, I don't care.

Or you could add this:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/path21879.png

I've already put the pic of you and your gang in it.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 10:53 AM
Anybody know what weapons Oliver and *insert name of pixie here* use?

Nameless
like the new art style Crimson. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
MM is done. :smallbiggrin:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g41.png

It (and the other ones) is cute :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 10:59 AM
I finished the Video.
Does anyone know what sort of files it does let you upload and how i can change it into one of them from windows Movie maker.

Well, I'm not sure, but is there a way to export it as a png? If it won't let you do that, just save it as png, and hope it works out.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 11:06 AM
Anybody know what weapons Oliver and *insert name of pixie here* use?

Repost. Just in case. :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 11:09 AM
Repost. Just in case. :smallsmile:

Oliver wields a big gun. Memnarch...maybe wields a smaller gun? I'm not sure.

Szilard
2009-01-31, 11:09 AM
Well, I'm not sure, but is there a way to export it as a png? If it won't let you do that, just save it as png, and hope it works out.

I don't think you can save a video as a png.:smalltongue:

Just upload it to youtube, that should work.

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 11:15 AM
I don't think you can save a video as a png.:smalltongue:

Just upload it to youtube, that should work.

How about jpg? Does that work?:smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 11:16 AM
Who has a picture of Oliver and his gun and pixie girl's smaller gun. :smallconfused:

memnarch
2009-01-31, 11:22 AM
In FFF?

ćli uses magic items of any sort. She carries them around with the hammerspace item on her waist. You can pick/make up anything you'd like, but she prefers to use a sniper rifle that shoots level 3-6 Evoc delayed spells. Spell are based around the bullet and activate on impact with something. I should really make a comic, and I will start thinking of what I can do while I'm at a school activity.

As for converting, SUPER (http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html) can do quite a bit. Biggest problem I've had is finding the dang download link in the first place.

Edit; Design is feel free to make one up, as long as it looks like a sniper rifle. Otherwise, the one in Lying's comic of everyone works just fine. (looking for comic)

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 11:35 AM
The gun for aeli is realy cool and detailed in a way. Couldn't get the pic bigger than this though. (screen strech and all.)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g381-1.png

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 11:41 AM
The gun for aeli is realy cool and detailed in a way. Couldn't get the pic bigger than this though. (screen strech and all.)

I like Icedragons, so no hard feelings towards him, but considering how he's hardly ever around, why is it him people are always drawing?:smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 11:46 AM

Is it just me or do I look wierd in that style (I think it's the eyes and feets, the feet would look better if they where like the others and the eyes could be longer back (the long head is mostly a nose thingy youu know))

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 11:46 AM
I like Icedragons, so no hard feelings towards him, but considering how he's hardly ever around, why is it him people are always drawing?:smallconfused:

Because it's not realy hard. What's your FI character?

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 11:52 AM
Because it's not realy hard. What's your FI character?

A grey cat with a little eye-extension thing as folk have seen. He's 50 years old, which is 222 years old in cat years, so it's always best to make it apparent that he's pretty decrepit.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 12:11 PM
Am I missing anyone?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g590.png

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 12:16 PM
Am I missing anyone?

Gosh....maybe yourself? :smallwink:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 12:19 PM
Gosh....maybe yourself? :smallwink:

:smalleek: :smallredface:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 12:22 PM
I finished the Video.
Upload it to Youtube, I know you can upload .wmv's there.

Won't work, png's and jpegs don't do the whole animated anything bit. Single non moving image only.

He has to be the easiest character in all of abr to draw. :smalltongue:

Edit- Heh, just found this video.
The Soviets could really bust a move (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQb8vb4blA)

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 12:33 PM
There's a pic of Oliver with his weapons back earlier in this thread, two pages ago where I showed his gang. And his gun is in my GB week avatar.

chriky
2009-01-31, 12:33 PM
Am I missing anyone?

Yeah you're missing me. :smallannoyed:

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 12:35 PM
Upload it to Youtube, I know you can upload .wmv's there.

Won't work, png's and jpegs don't do the whole animated anything bit. Single non moving image only.

He has to be the easiest character in all of abr to draw. :smalltongue:

What about Stephen? He didn't have colored eyes. Or the weird glowing arms.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 12:39 PM
Yeah you're missing me. :smallannoyed:

A pic of your FI character would be nice. :smallsmile:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 12:41 PM
What about Stephen? He didn't have colored eyes. Or the weird glowing arms.

Well, I made my Iced template quite a while ago. He didn't have the whole glowing arm thing then (I think..). I suppose now that does put Stephen ahead now.

Colored eyes ain't that big a deal. Just use a white fill instead of black and dab a green dot there with the paint brush. :smalltongue:

Edit- Why are people using their Gender bender week avys now..?

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 12:42 PM
Chriky is one of the easier characters to draw.

Old SoG was also easy, as I designed him back in paint.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g51406.png

Szilard
2009-01-31, 12:45 PM
Bob is the easiest, he's either in his underwear, naked, or in a simple blue robe.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 12:48 PM
Szilard was easy too, before he got his new gear. A red shirt, blue pants, and Elan-esque brown hair.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 12:54 PM
Szilard was easy too, before he got his new gear. A red shirt, blue pants, and Elan-esque brown hair.

Redshirt? Well then: *blows of his head* It had to be done :smalltongue:

chriky
2009-01-31, 12:55 PM
I've uploaded the video i'm just waiting for it to let other people watch it.

And here's a pic of my FI character.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/Hpandy_Johnston/Chriky/chrikyfuture.png

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-31, 12:55 PM
You're missing the Raging Flame, who totally won't fit that style unless you manage to pull off a miracle... :smalltongue:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/Thri-kreen2.png
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/Thri-kreen-5.png

Szilard
2009-01-31, 12:56 PM

That was mainly because of paint. Then I saw this (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/g15885.png) and thought: Awesome!

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 12:59 PM
Inkscape froze and I lost the Q's, rand, grem, and me + my mom.

EDIT: I could totally make bugboy with my style! :smalltongue:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 01:04 PM
Heh, nice choice of music there Chriky. Well worth the pausing of Nightwish.

I completely found the video like the second it was available using my imba Youtube skillz. Also, it completely looks like I'm shooting Crimson there. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 01:10 PM
Inkscape froze and I lost the Q's, rand, grem, and me + my mom.

EDIT: I could totally make bugboy with my style! :smalltongue:

Tooo bad you lost it. Now make look less stupid.

Mad Mask
2009-01-31, 01:13 PM
@Chriky: The video is... full of pictures ? I don't want you to feel bad, but it's not exactly... appropriate. Especially the music.

On the bright side, you inspired me to work on the real Future Imperfect trailer.

T-O-E
2009-01-31, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I tried to do The Raging Flame but it didn't turn out well.
Evidence:
http://i42.tinypic.com/mh7t39.jpg

chriky
2009-01-31, 01:14 PM
Here's the video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HrAKBHt7pGI&feature=channel_page

@ Tiff: I decided to take a chance and go for a piece of Music that wasn't heavy metal, However i'm sure this will annoy Nameless knowing his taste in Music.:smalleek:

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-31, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I tried to do The Raging Flame but it didn't turn out well.
Evidence:
http://i42.tinypic.com/mh7t39.jpgHe looks like a very wise monk who is currently meditating :smallbiggrin:

I think it's mainly because your art style is meant for humans and similar species. It's very, very good, but it doesn't fit the Raging Flame. At least you can tell it's him, though =D

Also, I gots a new avvy.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 01:21 PM
However i'm sure this will annoy Nameless knowing his taste in Music.:smalleek:

Who among us can truly understand Nameless's tastes? He probably has Numa numa and the Chicken dance on his phone, to which he break dances.

Sheogorath himself couldn't figure Nameless out.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 01:21 PM
BRC posted a good song earler, it was called re-education through _____ (I forget what)

EDIT: Re-education through Labor.

Also, I loved the younger, so much younger, than today...

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 01:24 PM
HAH! :smallbiggrin:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g4323.png

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-31, 01:25 PM
HAH! :smallbiggrin:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g4323.pngThat's awesome.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 01:36 PM
That did turn out nicely, Crimson.

@Chriky: The video is... full of pictures ? I don't want you to feel bad, but it's not exactly... appropriate. Especially the music.

On the bright side, you inspired me to work on the real Future Imperfect trailer.

You're no fun, you need to loosen up once in a while. :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 01:40 PM
/\ Lol! He's younger then me and i'm looser than him big time. :smalltongue:

Yay having nothing better to do.

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 01:41 PM
I'm liking Chop Suey! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRd3k4CIAg) for it as well, especially:

I Cry!
When angels, have to die...

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 01:42 PM
I Cry!
When angels, have to die...
I was just listening to that.

Creepy..

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 01:47 PM
Maybe I'll try being original and make my own style, it looks fun (but then how should it look?):smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 01:49 PM
I think i'll call it..... "plushie style." ? :smallsmile:

Fawkes
2009-01-31, 01:59 PM
I like it. Make a Mechafox plushie. :smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 02:03 PM
Mecha-brit or the mecha-dog. o.o

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 02:07 PM
I think i'll call it..... "plushie style." ? :smallsmile:

All hail the plushies!:smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-01-31, 02:11 PM
Mecha-brit or the mecha-dog. o.o

Dog version, plz.

Grim ranger
2009-01-31, 02:24 PM
Crimson, if you have meant to make plushies out of all FI characters, you have missed me thus far. If not, never mind

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 02:54 PM
Warning!: Page stretch! (sorry Q, the Q's got deleted, thank inkscape.)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g493.png

EDIT: Hey chriky, Whats that other dragon guys character?

chriky
2009-01-31, 03:23 PM
Warning!: Page stretch! (sorry Q, the Q's got deleted, thank inkscape.)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g493.png

EDIT: Hey chriky, Whats that other dragon guys character?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/Hpandy_Johnston/g48426.png

The last version of him is from FI.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 03:26 PM
Thanks! :smallbiggrin: All I needed was his FFF char though. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 03:50 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/Hpandy_Johnston/g48426.png

The last version of him is from FI.

Those horns look wierd on the last one.:smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 04:06 PM
Those horns look wierd on the last one.:smallsmile:

Some people just dont understand perspective and visual relativity. As a result, you get demons with horns on their right ear and jutting out of the back of their head. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-01-31, 04:12 PM
Yeah, the horn on the right should be behind the head.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 04:21 PM
I made Keveak, me in necro dress, me in red-shirt and me in a sweater in a different artstyle
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7205/newstyle1ds2.png

Comments.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 04:24 PM
@Keveak: cool. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 04:26 PM
@Keveak: cool. :smallsmile:

Thanks. Ill do more.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 04:28 PM
Yeah, the horn on the right should be behind the head.

Yeah, and IMO, pull the aforemented horn towards the back of the head a little bit more, or the horn thats supposed to be in front towards the front a bit.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 04:31 PM
Did everyone go offline for some reason. Only like 3 different people are posting. :smallconfused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 04:32 PM
Still here, just working on like 3 different things right now.

The Gremlin
2009-01-31, 04:35 PM
Wow, what is it with different art styles? When did it become the 'cool' thing?:smallconfused:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-31, 04:39 PM
(sorry Q, the Q's got deleted, thank inkscape.)

I am suspicious that my, and only my characters were the ones who were deleted.

I will only forgive you if you make another attempt to make them in the near future. :smallwink:

Wow, what is it with different art styles? When did it become the 'cool' thing?:smallconfused:

Was it ever not cool? Are we only limited to OOTS style being cool?

OOTS style is bland, and I guess the new art styles are cool because we haven't seen them before.

Darklord Bright
2009-01-31, 04:39 PM

Hey, don't look at me, I only drew like I did to begin with because I was lazy. I really wish I had the time to do my actual comic style, it would just take forever on a computer.

Szilard
2009-01-31, 04:44 PM
I blame Ichneumon...
She always had a bunch of random art styles.

Mad Mask
2009-01-31, 04:50 PM
I say we begin a series of traditional Avatar Battle Royale kills. It'll be fun !

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 04:51 PM
I say we begin a series of traditional Avatar Battle Royale kills. It'll be fun !

For the first time in...well, for the first time, I agree.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 04:56 PM
Yay! :smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-31, 04:57 PM
OOTS style is bland, and I guess the new art styles are cool because we haven't seen them before.

Burlewan style is hardly bland, every artist has their own flaws and eccentricities that make each variation different to look at. Compare Mr Burlew to me, Mad Mask, and Threeshades, for example.

Mina Kobold
2009-01-31, 05:02 PM
I just made a new style for fun not coolness. To bed I go! Groggy groggy groogy

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-31, 05:06 PM
OotS style is cool, but when everyone uses it, it feels overused.
[Ignorant person who believes his own time zone to be the only one that exists]
@Keveak: But it's only 5:00 PM![/Ignorant person who believes his own timezone to be the only one that exists]

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-01-31, 05:14 PM
Ah, how awesome it would be to have tonight off, but nooo I have work to do even on freakin' Saturday night at 11 freakin' pm.

I had a cheap sci-fi movie night planned. >.<

I probably shouldn't be hanging around here so much at the moment either.. :smalltongue:

Szilard
2009-01-31, 05:17 PM
OotS style is cool, but when everyone uses it, it feels overused.
[Ignorant person who believes his own time zone to be the only one that exists]
@Keveak: But it's only 5:00 PM![/Ignorant person who believes his own timezone to be the only one that exists]

2 PM here:smalltongue:, but remember, Keveak is from the Netherlands (I think).

But now I see the white text and understand.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 05:23 PM
Somebody make a comic... :smallfrown:

Fawkes
2009-01-31, 05:26 PM
I'm busy working on a storyboard for a silent film I have to make for school.

So technically, I am making a comic.

Szilard
2009-01-31, 05:29 PM

I'm going to make a SDSB comic after I finish some homework.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 05:31 PM

working on backstory comic, and avatar request, so im booked. Especially now. :smallyuk:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 05:34 PM
Fine, I'll make one. MM, what should happen?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-31, 05:41 PM
I'm frozen stiff at the moment, the heating is still out at home and it's near zero C outside.

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 05:48 PM
I'm frozen stiff at the moment, the heating is still out at home and it's near zero C outside.

There's a powerful form of heating that is incredibly cheap, easy to get, and requires minimal to no maintenance.
It's called a Coat. Get one.

:smalltongue:

Kazul
2009-01-31, 06:00 PM
Sorry for mistakes, but it's like a midnight here and I am quite sleepy. :smalltongue:

As for a song for the trailer, I think Loot Burn Rape Kill Repeat by Machinae Supremacy (http://dracuu.wrzuta.pl/audio/nKjf3RrKWA/machinae_supremacy_-_loot_burn_rape_kill_repeat) will do just fine. I do even have an idea, how trailer with this song used could look like:

00:00 - 00:07: this picture, a little modified (http://image.wetpaint.com/image/3/1bD8BouHRrPuzrSLSjwiXw58964/GW391H369) (to show actual leaders of ALF - Igon, Oliver, Chriky, Doomer and The Raging Flame, or maybe entire resistance. And withou inscription) slowly appears.
00:08 - 00:12: title "Fat Fish Fury II: Future Imperfect" appears.
00:12 - 00:13: both of them disappear.
00:14: sign "Year 1541. Entire Avbaroy is united in work for better tomorrow" appears. Then we have a lot of pictures and captions showing & describing the said work - hominids of all kind, working together on some special tasks - like, I don't know, rebuilding Salmonville etc. Do best with your propaganda skill here, MM :smallwink:. They necessarily should contain PC members of UNIA and UNA.
about 01:00: "There is however one terrorist group made up by fallen heroes, not believing in the said ideals."
01:04 or so: "They call themselves..."
01:07: "The Avbaroy Liberation Front. The Resistance."
since then there would be a lots of pictures and inscriptions showing ALFer's reasons to fight, but I haven't thought over that so far yet.

So, what do you think about this song? I do have it on my computer, so I could send it to you via email or something, Mad Mask.

edit: Apparently sorry for bumping with my idea just in the middle of another discussion, also. It took me ages to write this post.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-31, 06:27 PM
I'm frozen stiff at the moment, the heating is still out at home and it's near zero C outside.Pssh. Get a blanket and a warm drink and you're fine. About a week ago, it was -12 degrees Farenheit without windchill. That's about -19 Celsius... Then, you factor in the windchill... However, I had heating, and I didn't even set foot outside that day :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 06:33 PM
Is this ok? (will delete this post after confirmation.)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g110.png

evil_d4_swarm
2009-01-31, 06:35 PM
I wish my town would have some cold temperature days.:smallfrown:
Also, I have returned to ABR! ...After abotu 30 pages... Hmm...

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 06:49 PM
I wish my town would have some cold temperature days.:smallfrown:
Also, I have returned to ABR! ...After abotu 30 pages... Hmm...

What are your FFF and FI characters?

memnarch
2009-01-31, 06:49 PM
Ok, before I go read the 3 pages that were made today, I have a question.

Didn't someone make a map of the shades island with all the generators and what not?

Emperor Ing
2009-01-31, 06:52 PM
Didn't someone make a map of the shades island with all the generators and what not?

Yeah, I think its a 10 or 9-tiered tower, tier 1 is filled with minimal resistance, tier 6 is filled to the brim with the lesser shades (where I assume Rand and the Qs are) and tier 7 to 8(9) is filled with monstorous lesser shades which apparently are equal to the power of Igon (each). Might wanna wait for Rand to clear them out before going in there.
Highest tier has the shades themselves

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-31, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I think its a 10 or 9-tiered tower, tier 1 is filled with minimal resistance, tier 6 is filled to the brim with the lesser shades (where I assume Rand and the Qs are) and tier 7 to 8(9) is filled with monstorous lesser shades which apparently are equal to the power of Igon (each). Might wanna wait for Rand to clear them out before going in there.
Highest tier has the shades themselves

There is also a part of the fortess with a giant hole in it and a huge crumpled hunk of junk that used to be Q's plot 3 spaceship. This is at a relatively high level of the fortess.

Just saying.

memnarch
2009-01-31, 07:00 PM
Ok finished read...

Nice style Crimson, I like it! :smallcool:

Rand; I meant a picture of some sort. time for a hunt!

edit;

found it, http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/battlemap1.png

Now could someone possibly explain what we can expect to find in there? The map isn't quite that detailed.

Or should we just make stuff up?

evil_d4_swarm
2009-01-31, 07:16 PM
What are your FFF and FI characters?

Hivemind and his D4s:

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww327/evil_d4_swarm/e9229fc4.png

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-31, 07:25 PM
Ok finished read...

Nice style Crimson, I like it! :smallcool:

Rand; I meant a picture of some sort. time for a hunt!

edit;

found it, http://www.kinogo.com/victor/maps/battlemap1.png

Now could someone possibly explain what we can expect to find in there? The map isn't quite that detailed.

Or should we just make stuff up?

We can probably expect carved rock tunnels, as far as architecture goes. Probably too thick to punch through with good speed, so we'll be better making our way through and finding points of advancement as we go, given our lack of intel.

We've got the ground forces and the Exersus forces, which constitute our heavy artillery if nothing else. They could distract the shades with a barrage on the tower itself, whilst the ground forces use chaos inside to pick off the Shades forces and move towards the main shades.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 07:26 PM
Somebody can make a comic. They're going inside.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-31, 07:31 PM
Somebody can make a comic. They're going inside.

Fair warning: You're beginning to get annoying.

Every now and then, ABR in general slows down. This is the closing sequence of FFF, so we're doing our best to get it done right and proper.

We're taking our time with this. Relax.

If you want to do stuff, random kills are always available. They're also quick and easy and you don't need to care about what happens before or after them.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 07:35 PM
I asked what to put in the comic and noone replied. :smallfrown:
How come I never get it right?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-31, 07:42 PM
I asked what to put in the comic and noone replied. :smallfrown:
How come I never get it right?

We've spent a thread or so discussing what to put in the comic. What makes you think we know what to put in it yet? :smalltongue:

In a motion towards that:

What we need to do:
Exersus Resistance forces arrive
Ground forces enter the tower
Fighting, lots o'
Positive motion towards the lead Shades
Final battles with the Shades Set up for FI
Battle of Alphantica
Sovice fleet in orbit decisions (Stay/leave, help/watch, etc.)
Lying in contact with Sovice nanomachines from the HSM
Pre-FI backstory establishment (If any)
In no definitive order, of course.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-31, 08:05 PM
So my comic's probably fairly confusing... I'll try to get a followup tomorrow... That last one took me about 4 hours of straight work....

Longest comic I've ever made....

As for when the Vendetta re-levels, it's because it hits the water and the buoyancy levels it again.

I was originally planning on including the drow's drop down the stairs, but I decided it would flow better without it.

He basically fell straight down, and his face scratched against each corner... Which explains the series of small scratches across his face. He then landed on his head, which leads to the dent on the helmet...

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 08:08 PM
ouch. :smalleek:

memnarch
2009-01-31, 08:16 PM
We can probably expect carved rock tunnels, as far as architecture goes. Probably too thick to punch through with good speed, so we'll be better making our way through and finding points of advancement as we go, given our lack of intel.

We've got the ground forces and the Exersus forces, which constitute our heavy artillery if nothing else. They could distract the shades with a barrage on the tower itself, whilst the ground forces use chaos inside to pick off the Shades forces and move towards the main shades.

Ok then; how about the, for lack of a better word, furniture of the island. I mean, weren't the shade spawning things generators of some sort? is there anything else remotely like that in there?

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 10:21 PM
I had a comic I've been saving for when we get to floor 3 of the Seacastle... Unfortunately, I deleted it, as I thought I had already uploaded it to Photobucket, and I can't be bothered to remake it, as for some reason my SVG of Oliver's family tree is gone too.

And Crim, that's the weapon I use in FI. I use this in FFF:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g18432.png

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 10:23 PM
What program do you use?

Fawkes
2009-01-31, 10:28 PM
I tried so hard not to laugh at Mechafox vs. Mask, but I couldn't do it. :smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2009-01-31, 10:31 PM
Inkscape, but my family tree is deleted, as well as the comic. I have the first available for tracing, but the second is gone gone gone...

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-31, 10:39 PM
I tried so hard not to laugh at Mechafox vs. Mask, but I couldn't do it. :smallbiggrin:

Then here. :smalltongue:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g29-4.png

The Gremlin
2009-02-01, 12:27 AM
We've spent a thread or so discussing what to put in the comic. What makes you think we know what to put in it yet? :smalltongue:

In a motion towards that:

What we need to do:
Exersus Resistance forces arrive
Ground forces enter the tower
Fighting, lots o'
Positive motion towards the lead Shades
Final battles with the Shades Set up for FI
Battle of Alphantica
Sovice fleet in orbit decisions (Stay/leave, help/watch, etc.)
Lying in contact with Sovice nanomachines from the HSM
Pre-FI backstory establishment (If any)
In no definitive order, of course.
I still think that the UNA and remaining shades troops (that were already sent out)should fight while the heroes do.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-01, 03:54 AM
Hey I'm there too Crimson Angel, I broke somebody elses spine and hurted myself by the fall but I'm there.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-01, 06:17 AM
Crimson could you spoiler the massive image you posted earlier?

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-01, 07:20 AM
Gah! I completely missed that Fan comic creators sticky. I'll miss the Arts and crafts section.. :smallfrown:

Although I do wonder what it'll be like without the web comics everywhere.. cold and empty probably.. poor thing.

Also, I'm completely having Bacon and eggs for breakfast. Huzzah for Sundays!

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-01, 09:03 AM
Can someone who has used both Inkscape and Illustrator tell me how the two programs compare? I was considering getting the latter.

Mad Mask
2009-02-01, 09:11 AM
Can someone who has used both Inkscape and Illustrator tell me how the two programs compare? I was considering getting the latter.

Well, in my opinion, Illustrator is a lot better than Inkscape. The learning curve is much faster, you have a ton more options, special effects and photoshop filters, advanced gradients, the very useful simplify-fidelity-smoothness tool and much more. Even I discovers new things every day. But Illustrator costs a lot, which is why people use the free and open source Inkscape.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 10:21 AM
Hey, MM, how do you make your characters all shadey and stuff? :smallconfused:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-01, 10:24 AM
Using shading techniques I presume. I don't know how he does it, but I make a shape, fill it in black, and then decrease the opacity and remove the stroke. I don't shade often.

Mad Mask
2009-02-01, 10:55 AM
I shade by using the transparency "darken", which prevents the shade from affecting shapes darker than it, like the outlines. I then make a shade slightly darker than the object I'm shading, apply "darken" and place it over the object. Then I remove "darken" and do a shade slightly lighter than the object I'm shading, without touching the black outlines, or I simply make a darker shade when the colour of the initial object is too light.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-01, 11:33 AM
I made more in a new style
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4851/newstyle2nx3.png

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 11:49 AM
I made more in a new style
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4851/newstyle2nx3.png

*gasp* cute!

Mina Kobold
2009-02-01, 11:52 AM
*gasp* cute!

Yours are cuter!

The Gremlin
2009-02-01, 12:13 PM
What is this contest I am hearing about that involves nemesi?
EDIT: Hey, did we authorize this (http://avbaroy.pbwiki.com/)? Can we sue someone?:smalltongue:

memnarch
2009-02-01, 12:49 PM
What is this contest I am hearing about that involves nemesi?
EDIT: Hey, did we authorize this (http://avbaroy.pbwiki.com/)? Can we sue someone?:smalltongue:

Looking at the page history, those pages were made 11 months ago. I don't think we need to worry about it.