PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 12:52 PM
My nemesisenis.... thing... Is ducks!?

Mina Kobold
2009-02-01, 12:52 PM
FFF
This is for you lying.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g720.png

I'M THERE TOO!!:smallfurious::smallsmile: Please include me next time.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 12:54 PM
I'M THERE TOO!!:smallfurious::smallsmile: Please include me next time.

Sorry, forgotz.

Threeshades
2009-02-01, 01:03 PM
Crims, do you realize that Im not blind, purple-haired and clad in mostly red and black yet?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 01:09 PM
Crims, do you realize that Im not blind, purple-haired and clad in mostly red and black yet?

Blind? :smallconfused:

Edit: *goes and makes a new template.*

Edit#2:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g1174.png

Nameless
2009-02-01, 01:40 PM
I made more in a new style
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4851/newstyle2nx3.png

Awesomesauce. :D

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 01:51 PM
How do I make d4s character?

Mina Kobold
2009-02-01, 01:58 PM
Awesomesauce. :D

thanks.

@Crimson: With triangles of course.

Fawkes
2009-02-01, 02:00 PM
What is this contest I am hearing about that involves nemesi?
EDIT: Hey, did we authorize this (http://avbaroy.pbwiki.com/)? Can we sue someone?:smalltongue:

I wouldn't recommend it. It might be difficult for me to sue myself.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 02:02 PM
thanks.

@Crimson: With triangles of course.

I keep trying to make it but it never looks right. :smallfrown:

Mad Mask
2009-02-01, 02:38 PM
@Lyinginbedmon: I've decided to make a comic that will finally advance the plot, but I have two questions: what does the soldiers of the Exersus Resistance look like and what is their mode of transportation (teleportation, boat, etc.)?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 02:41 PM
flying tanks are cool.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-01, 02:46 PM
Since my awesome comic got eaten... I'm working on something epic for FI, as an awesome opening scene. It's a surprise, but I might need to ask MM or Lying about it...

Question: Does Ins ever make any public speeches, appearances, or attend any pro UNA rallies? It's important, as it will dictate the fate of the epicness.

Nameless
2009-02-01, 02:56 PM
@Lying: Too much planning, I think we should go back to our old ways.

Mad Mask
2009-02-01, 03:05 PM
Since my awesome comic got eaten... I'm working on something epic for FI, as an awesome opening scene. It's a surprise, but I might need to ask MM or Lying about it...

Question: Does Ins ever make any public speeches, appearances, or attend any pro UNA rallies? It's important, as it will dictate the fate of the epicness.

Probably yes. He was a celebrity in Tajira, and he's the diametrical opposite of the more secretive Igon Minoblendy.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 03:38 PM
Does anybody have a pic of Eita's cool holy staff thing? You know, the one with the spikes and stuff. I think it's red.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-01, 03:41 PM
How long has Tajira been a member lf the UNA, in years, 15? I think I have a good idea. My comic is essentially a failed assassination attempt on Ins, during one of his speeches, on the anniversary of Kashu's involvement with the UNA. The secondary objective of the Fallen is to make a propaganda message.

The assassination is a failure, but the festivities are significantly ruined.

It involves Harrison infiltrating the orchestra, while Oliver and Jakob deface a large poster of Ins, and Graham smuggling in a sniper rifle in a chello case, to aim at Ins from the rooftop.

Eita
2009-02-01, 05:15 PM
Does anybody have a pic of Eita's cool holy staff thing? You know, the one with the spikes and stuff. I think it's red.

It's a sword...

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 05:20 PM
It's a sword...

Yeah I noticed after I looked in your sig. :smallfrown:
I don't need it anymore though because I finished my character with a different staff.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-01, 05:25 PM
It's a sword...

Huh weird, I always thought it was a staff.. <.<

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 05:29 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g284.png. :smalltongue:

Eita
2009-02-01, 05:52 PM
Huh weird, I always thought it was a staff.. <.<

Look at how he holds it!

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 06:02 PM
I thought he was being spiritual... "None shall pass!"

evil_d4_swarm
2009-02-01, 06:47 PM
Crimson, to draw my character, I took a triangle and created a node on the bottem line. I then moved the node down a small amount and drew a line from the node to the top corner. Add eyes and he's done.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 06:50 PM
Crimson, to draw my character, I took a triangle and created a node on the bottem line. I then moved the node down a small amount and drew a line from the node to the top corner. Add eyes and he's done.

I meant the seethrough one.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-01, 07:27 PM
Hey Guyz! whats going on in-
*looks around*
oh i see...
so i cant get to the interwebznet for about 4 days and you move the discussion thread on like 30 odd pages?!
seriously! how do we do this?!?!?! :smalleek:
anyway, did i miss anything interesting?

The Gremlin
2009-02-01, 07:28 PM
What is this contest I am hearing about that involves nemesi?

Anyone? :smallconfused:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 07:29 PM
That remindes me! I need to make a fate template! *Opens up inksape.*

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-01, 07:30 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g284.png. :smalltongue:Dude! The guy on the right totally has my hair!... Except that the color is slightly off-shade... But still!

Also, I got Illustrator from a friend. It took a while to figure out the install and everything, but it works... Beautifully. I'm still on the learning curve, but... I think I'm figuring it out. It's very similar to inkscape, but several of the features seem a bit screwey. It runs much more smoothly, but I don't feel as comfortable with it. After about an hour of tinkering around, and without using tutorials, I got this. It's not great, but I think it's alright for a first try.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/Illustrator.png

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-01, 07:42 PM
Anyone? :smallconfused:

Here's a link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103647) to the main thread. I'm running with RHL, but nominations haven't opened yet.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 07:48 PM
Fayte can you PM me your Fate templates?

Fay Graydon
2009-02-01, 07:50 PM
which ones?
FI pr general God Fayte?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-01, 07:51 PM
@Lyinginbedmon: I've decided to make a comic that will finally advance the plot, but I have two questions: what does the soldiers of the Exersus Resistance look like and what is their mode of transportation (teleportation, boat, etc.)?

It's almost 1 AM and I'm freezing cold, so this'll take a few hours to materialise but I should have a uniform design up then.

Recall Remember page 101 (http://www.remembercomic.co.uk/2008/09/25/book-2-page-29/), that's how the Exersus forces should arrive, teleportation with an invisibility cloaking.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 07:54 PM
which ones?
FI pr general God Fayte?

FFF and FI.

memnarch
2009-02-01, 08:12 PM
It's almost 1 AM and I'm freezing cold, so this'll take a few hours to materialise but I should have a uniform design up then.

Recall Remember page 101 (http://www.remembercomic.co.uk/2008/09/25/book-2-page-29/), that's how the Exersus forces should arrive, teleportation with an invisibility cloaking.

You should put all your computers into the same room, then run programs on them to use 100% of the cpu. The excess heat being producing might help out a little. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-02-01, 08:18 PM
Is anyone else here watching the Super Bowl?
Ya catch that CRAZY interception run 100 yards for a touchdown JUST BEFORE HALFTIME?! Holy crap, that was EPIC!! :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2009-02-01, 08:21 PM
Ya catch that CRAZY interception run 100 yards for a touchdown JUST BEFORE HALFTIME?! Holy crap, that was EPIC!! :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

I don't like football too much, but I totally agree.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 09:15 PM

Yuck. Sports. :smallannoyed:

Emperor Ing
2009-02-01, 09:28 PM
And yet, the rest of the game is painful to watch due to the superhigh frequency of penalties being called. :smallyuk:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-01, 09:32 PM
I live in England but i like to watch American football when i can :smallsmile:

on another note. Ive finished the character portrait for my replacement for Liandri:
Leo Blaze:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/LeoBlaze.png
(left is his Necromancer robe with staff and ceremonial sword.
Right is in badass (possibly biker) mode with his twin bladed sword (can separate into singles))

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 09:39 PM
:smallbiggrin:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g48.png

Fay Graydon
2009-02-01, 09:46 PM
:smallbiggrin:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g48.png

DUDE! i look phased out :smallbiggrin:
like the art style :smallsmile: makes a nice change to oots...
(i bet Leo would look all chibi in it :smalltongue:)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 10:09 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g75.png

(ohh, The D-4s got a little close to him...)

Fay Graydon
2009-02-01, 10:31 PM
Hmmmm, personally i would use the Fayte one as a template by taking off the details (clothes, glasses, hair, est...) so you have the bare minimum (eyes, mouth and body shape) and use that as a template.
Because the mouth and eyes you did for Rel seem to be far too big, whereas Fayte's seem to be perfect :smallsmile:
Oh and Rels hair is retarded.
Its Red underneath (I.e ponytail and at base of hair) but the locks are purple:smallredface:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-01, 10:34 PM
A small preview of the epic FI comic I'm making:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g25374.png

Fay Graydon
2009-02-01, 10:56 PM
Yo shades... do you think Leo could possibly be part of your Bike company thing?
(seeing as he has a sort of biker sort of feel to him...)

Mina Kobold
2009-02-02, 08:00 AM
Yuck. Sports. :smallannoyed:

I second that.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-04, 07:15 AM
YAY! The forums are back on! :smallbiggrin:

Uh oh! The Art Thread wasn't moved to the Fan Comics sub-forum with the discussion threads! What does that mean?! :smalleek:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-04, 07:36 AM
Hello good folks, It happens to be my birthday today.
That is, it's been my birthday for about 23 and a half hours now. Stupid downtime.
My eighteenth, at that, which means I can go out and get drunk. Woo.

memnarch
2009-02-04, 07:43 AM
Well happy birthday then. :smallcool:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-04, 07:59 AM
Uh oh! The Art Thread wasn't moved to the Fan Comics sub-forum with the discussion threads! What does that mean?! :smalleek:
We're going to have to go back and forth between the normal arts and crafts and the new sub forum, hooray for tabs. Wonder if a mod can been convinced to put em both in the same forum?

Also, Happy birthday Nc, I'd join you in the consuming of the happy drink. But as always there's work to be done.. :smalltongue:

Also, note that in order to keep the focus of this forum on-target, all new threads for this forum must be approved by a moderator. That means that when you start a new thread, it goes into a queue for the moderators to look at and approve.Oh great.. <.<;

memnarch
2009-02-04, 08:12 AM
Well, I sent a message to a mod, so we'll see.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-04, 09:50 AM
Happy Birthday NC.
On another note, who is actually at the final location (IN CANNON!) and actually wants to be in the final scene?
Because I'm thinking that Fayte would be useless except to do like a trance and predict a possible outcome which could maybe steer the Fight one way or another...
And as for little FI backstories... are we all just going to have our characters meet up or what?

Nameless
2009-02-04, 10:23 AM
Happy birthday. :)

Mina Kobold
2009-02-04, 10:29 AM
Happy Birthday NC.
On another note, who is actually at the final location (IN CANNON!) and actually wants to be in the final scene?
Because I'm thinking that Fayte would be useless except to do like a trance and predict a possible outcome which could maybe steer the Fight one way or another...
And as for little FI backstories... are we all just going to have our characters meet up or what?

I wants to be in the final scene!
and our characters mostly know each other (resistance and so) so why meet up? (It would also be unrealistic since many are working in different places maybe even different countries)

EDIT: Happy Birthday!!:smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 11:43 AM
Obviously I'll be in the final scene

Mina Kobold
2009-02-04, 11:58 AM
Oww! I ran into a wall (my feets where wet):frown:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-04, 12:02 PM
Ah, the of cutting myself out of the plot means I wont be anywhere near the final scene.

Oh well, at least I have this piece of cake here that you guys don't have.

*points to a slice of cake on the desk*
Nyah nyah.
*sticks out tongue*

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 12:28 PM
Ah, the of cutting myself out of the plot means I wont be anywhere near the final scene.

Oh well, at least I have this piece of cake here that you guys don't have.

*points to a slice of cake on the desk*
Nyah nyah.
*sticks out tongue*

That cake is a spy lie!

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-04, 12:54 PM
That cake is absolutely delicious!
Fixed that for you.

Fawkes
2009-02-04, 01:18 PM
It is delicious cake. YOU MUST EAT IT.

Mechafox will be in the final scene.

The Gremlin
2009-02-04, 01:26 PM
Fixed that for you.

The cake is evil!:smallbiggrin:

chriky
2009-02-04, 01:32 PM
I think everyone at the castle (including me) will want to be in the final scene.

evil_d4_swarm
2009-02-04, 02:02 PM
I meant the seethrough one.

It's the same, but with a white center with 145 opacity and the line color with "7f7f7fff" as the color.

The extra line is just a line between the two side corners and behind the body.

Grim ranger
2009-02-04, 02:19 PM
Do everyone have thoughts what their starting scene in FI is going to be like? I have thought that mine would go somehow along these rails:

1. Resistance member (none of the PC:s but some random resistance recruit) flees from unknown hunter, moving through the city (I do not know which, ideas are being taken), using all sorts of escape routes (running through apartments, alleys, subways ect.).

2. The fleeing resistance member stops to catch some breath, and then Grim Ranger appears from somewhere that he has not expected (perched atop him on a rooftop for example), and the chase resumes

3. The escapee reaches the safehouse which is locked down. GR arrives on the door, looks at it for a moment before starting to walk away and makes a call.

4. Cut to the inside of the safehouse. Resistance members are readying weapons and packing, when explosions start to rock the place. Cut to the GR, who looks from the distance as the house is bombed to rubble. When the lightshow has cut out, he walks to the pile of rubble and finds a survivor, kicking him nastily to the ribs. Cue to few lines of dialogue, and cut to GR giving the guy to Antoine for irrenegorations and receives modest sum of money, and perhaps updating his list.

What do you all have in mind for your first scenes in FI?

EDIT: Is it ok to come up with some group ALF has taken under their wings (let's say, the now-yet-imaginary Apostles of Truth), and have my introduction wipe their safehouse out?

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-04, 02:58 PM
Well, I think TnD and Grim could be in the final scene. I also have an idea for The Raging Flame's opening. Is any PC actually yet in the special forces?

As for the final scene, I was thinking TnD and GR would quickly rush to the island, and they would catch up to the main party during the last real battle.. As in, if Threeshades just kills herself again, TnD and GR probably wouldn't be present.

Are there any PCs who want to die in the final scene? I think it would be best if TnD and GR actually killed someone, with their consent, during the final battle.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-04, 03:06 PM
I have two starting scenes: The Sam one I won't tell you, but Argonath and Flayons are just gonna be a "normal" visit to tell about the spies progress (this is done at random times by random spies in random disquises to blur the track), normal is of course only as normal as ABR can be when you're speaking with a silver-colored winged kobold while his brother is playing with magic five feets away.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-04, 03:18 PM
well if someone does wanna die then let me know so i can "predict the fall of a hero" seeing as a Fayte without any powers at all make me sad...
Also Fayte litteraly needs someone to hold his hand and stuff like that that ATM so he cant really fight in the final scene...

As for my intro comics:

Rel will be bringging anyone who wishes to make a medioca entrance onbord his ship.
Fayte will only be introduced if a member of ALF visits his house in a sort of western style canyony wasteland with a request of help from Igon or to save his life / try and kill him.
and Leo... well lets just say he's fleeing from his ceremonial responsibilities, has been practicing necromancy, and is a badass teenager.
So he's gunna have an epic introduction... :smallbiggrin:

Mad Mask
2009-02-04, 04:26 PM
Stephen Mask would like to be a casualty, but be reminded he doesn't know how to fight with either blade or magic. He improvises.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 05:06 PM
Crims is gunna die, maybe for Fayt?

The Gremlin
2009-02-04, 05:14 PM
Stephen Mask would like to be a casualty, but be reminded he doesn't know how to fight with either blade or magic. He improvises.

Wait, he stabbed Rand alright in that RK. I know it wasn't canon, but should RKs reflect our actual powers?:smallconfused:
For my opening scene:
The first panel will show me at my desk, similar to that picture I gave for the 'trailer'. My overview will be explaining how I went to Ovu Monobi's plane, but found nothing. All I could do was quickly leave before the plane deteriorated.
After that, I found my way to the ALF. They needed the help. Igon Minoblendy was acting strangely. I couldn't figure out what it was, of course, but it seemed familiar. I asked for a study to be prepared while I made a short trip. I don't elaborate, but when I came back I was carrying all my books, which I hadn't seen since I died.
I explain why I nailed the door shut, to get rid of distractions. I talk about how I got rid of the visor and, with Ven's help, reconfigured it into the lens. It has the same helpful effect of boosting my divinatory powers. It still doesn't help. I can't find the cure.
End overview. Then, The Gremlin shouts, "That's it!" excitably. He causes teh door to magically open for him, closing back on him as he leaves. He runs to Chriky, who doesn't look particularly excited. But The Gremlin claims that he's found a cure. They try it on Igon Minoblendy. There is no result. The Gremlin goes, defeated, back to his study.
The comic ends with the overview, "I am weak."

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 05:16 PM
I was just gunna make a soundless nightmare about his mothers ubduction then have him wake up in a cave or something going "Ahhh!" :smallsigh:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-04, 05:30 PM
I'm not gonna be in the super final scene. I'm staying behind to heroically fight off the hordes at level 3 of the seacastle.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-04, 05:41 PM
Wait, he stabbed Rand alright in that RK. I know it wasn't canon, but should RKs reflect our actual powers?:smallconfused

To be fair, a rapier is pretty much just a pointy metal stick. Anybody could stab anybody with it, provided they have the required limbs and cooradination

(read: The average human.. or cyclops.. whatever.)

As for my characters Fi intro scene, I've been working on something more relaxed. Unlike the rest of you drama queens. :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-02-04, 05:47 PM
Randomizer is just a bunch of photons held together by an unstable field, so it should be easy to destroy him.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-04, 06:02 PM
Randomizer is just a bunch of photons held together by an unstable field, so it should be easy to destroy him.

At the risk of godmodding, at this point in time (that is, FFF) the Q's, however, are completely indestructable! :smallamused:

They can feel pain, though. :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-02-04, 06:03 PM
At the risk of godmodding, at this point in time (that is, FFF) the Q's, however, are completely indestructable! :smallamused:

Ummm....
No.

Mad Mask
2009-02-04, 06:06 PM

So if they are chopped into tiny pieces by an angry monstrous shade, they will still be alive to feel the pain ?

How interesting.

BRC
2009-02-04, 06:13 PM
You say "Indestructable", do you mean "Immortal" or because they mean different things.

An Immortal person cannot die, however, they can still be disabled, at least temporarily, depending on the nature of the immortality. You can still, say, break their legs or knock them out, they just won't die.

And Indestructable person is incapable of taking damage, so the only way to disable them is to trap them under some falling rocks or tie them up or somthing.

Nameless
2009-02-04, 06:14 PM
I've just realised... Why is the descussion thread in the Fan Comic board, but the actualy one not? :smallconfused:

The Gremlin
2009-02-04, 06:16 PM
You say "Indestructable", do you mean "Immortal" or because they mean different things.

An Immortal person cannot die, however, they can still be disabled, at least temporarily, depending on the nature of the immortality. You can still, say, break their legs or knock them out, they just won't die.

Nah, Immortal is when you never die of old age or sickness, immortal folk can still die in battle. Immortals, though, are the gods. I think you mean unkillable.
EDIT: /\What? They're both in the same place.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-04, 06:18 PM
Just thought, what's gonna happen with fort Longcat in Fi?

The Gremlin
2009-02-04, 06:21 PM

Isn't that the place where the Plotgoblins attacked Nobody? That's about all I know of it.:smallconfused:
Also: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7898/asdfvgbnz1.png

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 06:21 PM

It's presently in close proximity to the size of Sovice fleet able to conquer entire solar systems, so chances are it's Resistance territory at best, uninhabited at least.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-04, 06:36 PM
I think I've finally found the perfect song for ABR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8mcoA30A0)

@Crim, i think, that if u really want to die then you could offer to look after the blind guy...

@ Q:
Look, if your gunna act that way... leave ABR. Everyone can die... even Fayte, the God of Fate could die... so your saying your more powerful then a god?
...yeah thats Godmodding.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 06:38 PM
Anyone i'm missing? (Yes, I know i'm missing GR and TND.)
Ok, so far my templates include:
Ins
Fail character
Elric
Fayts character with the rapier
the d4s
Fayt
the not-bard
Firedrake human/dragon
Firedrake dragon
Stephen mask
Mechafox
Thryza
darklordbright
red shade
purple shade
white shade
nilmerg eht
Chriky
bug.... thing
rand
aeli
icedragons
shadesofgray
lying
keveak
MM's FI char
TS FFF
TS FI
megadoomer
nameles
Crims
Kris
Kris' mom
And last but not all!
KP.
*gasps for air.*

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-04, 06:41 PM
I think I've finally found the perfect song for ABR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8mcoA30A0)
That's one of the worst songs I've ever heard. It's so.. bland and repetitive. :smallyuk:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 06:48 PM

It's presently in close proximity to the size of Sovice fleet able to conquer entire solar systems, so chances are it's Resistance territory at best, uninhabited at least.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-04, 06:57 PM
@ Q:
Look, if your gunna act that way... leave ABR.

Who's going to make me?! :smallmad:

(:smalltongue:)

In all seriousness, that sounds perfectly fair. Although it dosen't make a lot of sense for the Qs to be killable in canon.

I propose a compromise. The Qs are not killable BUT they're completely powerless in almost every other respect. No other powers.

Except GSQ's super strength. That's where I'd draw the line, because then it wouldn't make any sense for him to be fighting with Q and Rand.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-04, 07:01 PM
That's one of the worst songs I've ever heard. It's so.. bland and repetitive. :smallyuk:

Thats seether for you :smalltongue:

@ Crim:
Leo Blaze?
(skull faced guy... well, skull mask guy)

@ Q:
HELL, I'LL MAKE YOU OLD MAN! :smalltongue:
and yes Q's can be killed in cannon... gods can, Cyclopses can, Flying landfish can, penguins can EVERYONE CAN >.< :psychosmily::smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 07:07 PM
In fact I can die many many times and still keep going :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-02-04, 07:12 PM
Karen Dewey is perhaps the most mundane character in Avatar Battle Royale: she hasn't extraordinary fighting skills, no magic, no immortality, just political power. Although she might soon undergo the Soul Removal Operation, which aims to eliminate the subject's soul so that the body is purified and is unaffected by non-physical magic effects.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 07:15 PM
Thats seether for you :smalltongue:

@ Crim:
Leo Blaze?
(skull faced guy... well, skull mask guy)

I love sether. :smallfrown:

No, this guy.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g23.png

And these are my actual plushie templates.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g441.png

Fay Graydon
2009-02-04, 07:15 PM
I dont care if anyone kills Fayte at any point... it would be cool to bring back an old friend :smallamused:

@ Lying:
Huh say what?
How... ooooh :smallbiggrin: Necromancy? :smalltongue:

EDIT:
@ Crim:

No, this guy.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g23.png

OMFG! He stole Leo's jacket!!! =P

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-04, 07:20 PM
@ Q:
HELL, I'LL MAKE YOU OLD MAN! :smalltongue:
and yes Q's can be killed in cannon... gods can, Cyclopses can, Flying landfish can, penguins can EVERYONE CAN >.< :psychosmily::smalltongue:

Try me! I got a new pace maker! I can go all day! :smallfurious::smalltongue:

*puts up fists*

Fine. Even though the whole friggen point of the Q race is to be unkillable, the Qs are able to be killed. :smallannoyed:*crosses fingers*

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 07:32 PM
Karen Dewey is perhaps the most mundane character in Avatar Battle Royale: she hasn't extraordinary fighting skills, no magic, no immortality, just political power. Although she might soon undergo the Soul Removal Operation, which aims to eliminate the subject's soul so that the body is purified and is unaffected by non-physical magic effects.

This sounds extremely familiar, I believe that's the entire point of the Grisgol process for Bis Anu worshippers.

@ Lying:
Huh say what?
How... ooooh :smallbiggrin: Necromancy? :smalltongue:
Clones, remember?

@Q
What about the Q civil war? Just analogue it to that.

Mad Mask
2009-02-04, 07:41 PM
I thought that the Grisgol Process encased the soul in some kind of mummy ? The Soul Removal Operation destroys it entirely but keeps the body alive.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 07:45 PM
I thought that the Grisgol Process encased the soul in some kind of mummy ? The Soul Removal Operation destroys it entirely but keeps the body alive.

So.... a zombie? :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2009-02-04, 07:53 PM
So.... a zombie? :smallconfused:

Why ? The brain still functions normally, just like any other animal. The subject is unchanged save for the benefits mentioned earlier.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-04, 07:54 PM
@Q
What about the Q civil war? Just analogue it to that.

I forgot all about that.

Let's go with that. Qs can be killed.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 08:10 PM
I sent a message asking beans to come back.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-04, 08:28 PM

The Grisgol process first seals the subject's soul in a phylactery, which is then itself encased in the Grisgol shell itself.

I think it's a fairly simplistic concept that you need the soul or something standing in for it for the body and/or brain to do anything, at least in a fantasy setting.

Also, I'd like to put forward the theory that the "soul" (incarnum energy from my D&D perspective) cannot actually be destroyed as it is a form of energy, and so can only be changed from one form to another, it is never used up or depleted.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-04, 08:40 PM
Well, I just made a new Silly Message Board Game based on my personality that I am shamelessly advertising to all my friends in ABR!

Out-do the person above you! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103845) Please play.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 08:52 PM
I sent a message asking beans to come back.

Beans said no... :smallfrown:

memnarch
2009-02-04, 09:56 PM
Why ? The brain still functions normally, just like any other animal. The subject is unchanged save for the benefits mentioned earlier.

Yeah, but just like a zombie, you can't bring them back from the dead.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-04, 09:56 PM
Why did beans leave in the first place?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-04, 09:58 PM
Anyone i'm missing? (Yes, I know i'm missing GR and TND.)
Ok, so far my templates include:
Ins
Fail character
Elric
Fayts character with the rapier
the d4s
Fayt
the not-bard
Firedrake human/dragon
Firedrake dragon
Stephen mask
Mechafox
Thryza
darklordbright
red shade
purple shade
white shade
nilmerg eht
Chriky
bug.... thing
rand
aeli
icedragons
shadesofgray
lying
keveak
MM's FI char
TS FFF
TS FI
megadoomer
nameles
Crims
Kris
Kris' mom
And last but not all!
KP.
*gasps for air.*

Repost! (please respond) *yes I should make the skull biker dude of fayt*

memnarch
2009-02-04, 10:25 PM
Hurt/heal is still in the forums; Vote today! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5731683#post5731683)

Grim ranger
2009-02-05, 03:00 AM
So, perhaps CrimsonAngel will fall in the last glorious battle? If so, PM me and Drowzy so we can work out the details.

On other note, I still need some important Resistance members to hunt. Anyone up for having battles against GR in FI?

Fay Graydon
2009-02-05, 05:20 AM
So, perhaps CrimsonAngel will fall in the last glorious battle? If so, PM me and Drowzy so we can work out the details.

On other note, I still need some important Resistance members to hunt. Anyone up for having battles against GR in FI?

Leo's on the run for practising Necromancy... so if you need a target make him one of them...
Also Fayte is a co founder of ALF so you could have a task to 'try' and find him / hunt him.
And I thought that Crim was gunna die protecting Fayte...

"Angels and Demons, Friends and Foes,
The Hordes of Chaos, they come and they go,
Heroes shall die,
Villans will fall,
the slaughter will start soon,
Will you heed the call?"
- Recorded from a trance of Fayte's

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-05, 06:19 AM
Heroes shall die,
Villains will fall,
Will you heed the call?"
That's surprisingly catchy.. and it makes me think of video game commercials for some reason. :smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-05, 06:29 AM
That's surprisingly catchy.. and it makes me think of video game commercials for some reason. :smallconfused:

Does the Mana Corp banner in your signature have anything to do with Continuity Error?

Your cancelled and thread-locked webcomic? :smallamused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-05, 06:32 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're crazy, why are you talking to me you crazy person?

Seriously.. coocoo.. *twirls finger*

I still don't know what M.A.N.A stands for.. <.<

Nameless
2009-02-05, 10:41 AM
Meh, I liked FI better when it was less complicated.

Big evil guys taking over the world, a dark future and a bunch of heroe's in some sort of orginisation trying to rif the world of evil.

Also, on a more related note, shouldn't ALF have some sort of amall army? The UNA have one.

The Gremlin
2009-02-05, 10:48 AM
Meh, I liked FI better when it was less complicated.

Big evil guys taking over the world, a dark future and a bunch of heroe's in some sort of orginisation trying to rif the world of evil.

Also, on a more related note, shouldn't ALF have some sort of amall army? The UNA have one.

We have a lot of really small groups, that could be combined to form a small army. The groups tend to get along badly, though.

Nameless
2009-02-05, 11:17 AM
But we can have this guy. :D

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/ALFUnit.png

The Gremlin
2009-02-05, 11:20 AM
But we can have this guy. :D

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/ALFUnit.png

Who's he?:smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-05, 11:21 AM
Mad, Mad, Mad, you can't destroy the soul (if you could anyone doing it would piss off all gods exept the insanely ungodly evil ones that it would destroy the one doing it so much that he'll never find peace (There's a plane for the worst criminals by DnD rules but that wouldn't be enough)) and your brain function because of your soul and you can't be sentient without one THAT'S THE POINT OF SOULS. There's few ways of being without a soul a) zombies doesn't have one but still need a soul-having creature to control it (need soul) b) Phylactery. Not actually without a soul but you get the idea (need soul) c) Dead, you don't have a soul or are connected to one trough magic thus meaning NO BRAIN ACTIVITY if you gets the activity back you get the soul too since they are connected (the soul is kinda the brain activity itself but I aint sure on how it works). There is other stuff able to take over (ghosts most know) but your personality and memories lies in your soul (your memory can be deleted by messing with the brains activity so it makes sence)
so why kill you self and forever destroy your soul and personality for idiotic imunnities that can be acuried easier?

Nameless
2009-02-05, 11:22 AM
Who's he?:smallconfused:

An ALF soldier. :smalltongue:

I haven't decided weather they should use science, or magic as a weapon.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-05, 11:59 AM
An ALF soldier. :smalltongue:

I haven't decided weather they should use science, or magic as a weapon.

they look Stormtroopery so give them easy to hit with weapons, wich they of course rarely hit with and when they do it aint even a flesh wound (YAY STAR WARS!!)

Fay Graydon
2009-02-05, 12:26 PM
ON NOES!!!! it's mysterio! =P

Grim ranger
2009-02-05, 02:55 PM
Leo's on the run for practising Necromancy... so if you need a target make him one of them...
Also Fayte is a co founder of ALF so you could have a task to 'try' and find him / hunt him.
And I thought that Crim was gunna die protecting Fayte...

Heroes shall die,
Villans will fall,
Will you heed the call?"

Perhaps GR could indeed hunt Leo... I just wonder where this would exactly occur. And for battle? If he is a necromancer, Grim would try to counter his magic on the move while trying to spear him through the torso with bow or blow him up with other long-range weapons, or if he is pissed, go for gorier way and draw out some of all those various blades he carries around. Perhaps swordfight would be in order?

And for Crim, why couldn't he die protecting Fayte from TnD and GR, as they are officially on "bad guy" territory of the character morality scale?

And we really need an article in TV tropes. Anyone here is a writer in there?

The Gremlin
2009-02-05, 05:12 PM
Mad, Mad, Mad, you can't destroy the soul (if you could anyone doing it would piss off all gods exept the insanely ungodly evil ones that it would destroy the one doing it so much that he'll never find peace (There's a plane for the worst criminals by DnD rules but that wouldn't be enough)) and your brain function because of your soul and you can't be sentient without one THAT'S THE POINT OF SOULS. There's few ways of being without a soul a) zombies doesn't have one but still need a soul-having creature to control it (need soul) b) Phylactery. Not actually without a soul but you get the idea (need soul) c) Dead, you don't have a soul or are connected to one trough magic thus meaning NO BRAIN ACTIVITY if you gets the activity back you get the soul too since they are connected (the soul is kinda the brain activity itself but I aint sure on how it works). There is other stuff able to take over (ghosts most know) but your personality and memories lies in your soul (your memory can be deleted by messing with the brains activity so it makes sence)
so why kill you self and forever destroy your soul and personality for idiotic imunnities that can be acuried easier?

I agree with Kev. Souls are vital. The brain can only think, it's the soul that puts in morals/cruelty and the personality in general. Only magic could allow you to live on without a soul. The undead use an artificial soul, the necromantic power does that. It also fills in for the brain. If this 'soul remover' must exist, it would greatly change the guy and make them all exactly the same (albeit with difference mental capacities). The soul remover must give an artificial soul, and those would all be the same (unless the creator wanted to go through tons of trouble to make separate 'souls')

Mad Mask
2009-02-05, 05:16 PM
In my view of fantasy, the brain is like in real life, and the soul is just a "copy" of the brain that is sent to the afterlife. But hey, that's just me, and my view isn't better since souls are plain fantasy.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-05, 05:22 PM
they look Stormtroopery so give them easy to hit with weapons, wich they of course rarely hit with and when they do it aint even a flesh wound (YAY STAR WARS!!)

Cool, I like drawing mass murder. I say we equip them with scimitars. like that guy in my old comic 'Crison stick'. That was one cool scimitar. Maybe i'll add a few details. I'll post a pic later on.

Emperor Ing
2009-02-05, 05:50 PM
In my view of fantasy, the brain is like in real life, and the soul is just a "copy" of the brain that is sent to the afterlife. But hey, that's just me, and my view isn't better since souls are plain fantasy.

Personally, I see the soul as the animating force for organic lives, and the catalyst for complex thought and reason. By association, morality and consciousness. I think undeads are just animated by an artificial soul like Grem said.

Fawkes
2009-02-05, 06:16 PM
But hey, that's just me, and my view isn't better since souls are plain fantasy.

Careful, there... :smallamused:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-05, 06:56 PM
Cool, I like drawing mass murder. I say we equip them with scimitars. like that guy in my old comic 'Crison stick'. That was one cool scimitar. Maybe i'll add a few details. I'll post a pic later on.

Sorry it's so big, inkscape make teeny tiny images friggin huge. for some reason.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g3167.png

Szilard
2009-02-05, 07:04 PM
And the soul essentially is the brain, but it can survive death and go on...apparently.
You brain is essentially tissue and electricity, the soul is the amalgmn* of this electricity...
So taking the soul out just means you do not go to an afterlife I guess.

*A word I kind of made up to mean a collection of.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-05, 07:23 PM
Careful, there... :smallamused:

I don't see why, but then I pretty much share his belief.

However, I'm also great at rationalising the fantastical. To me, the soul is formed from incarnum energy, sourced from the nearest Bastion of Souls (In most of my tales they occur once on each life-bearing planet). Incarnum can do a whole mess of things, but most importantly for this purpose it can invigorate organic matter.

Meaning if you have anything with an Intelligence score, or possibly even anything with a spell-like ability (Research is sparse in that direction), it probably has some incarnum energy (Read: a soul of somesort, including substitutes in the case of most undead) threaded into it.

I can certainly go into detail, such as the qualities of high and low concentration incarnum, and its effects on magic. The aspects of an incarnum soul as regards a standard fantasy afterlife are a whole lot more complex.

But for that I'll wait for Remember's third book :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-02-05, 07:27 PM

All I'm saying is make sure the soul discussion stays rooted in fiction.

memnarch
2009-02-05, 08:40 PM

It's straying into real world discussion, and souls are generally part of religion which talking about is a big no-no on these forums.

Also! Hurt/Heal has updated! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5735111#post5735111)

Mad Mask
2009-02-06, 09:14 AM
As I'm making a Fat Fish Fury comic, I've realised that my Centurion Detta template looks just like Terminator. Is this normal ?

BRC
2009-02-06, 09:20 AM
As I'm making a Fat Fish Fury comic, I've realised that my Centurion Detta template looks just like Terminator. Is this normal ?
Curses, I've been caught. You see, The future Salmon saw was because Ven ended up leading a robot revolution, a landfish resistance developed, so Ven sent a copy of himself back in time in order to kill the ancestor of the leader of that resistance, Salmon was sent back to stop him...

...but seriously

Mad Mask
2009-02-06, 05:38 PM
I am making a comic that will hopefully move the plot (again). I need to know who wants to be in the final scene with the Shades. Oliver, Q, Q and Randomizer seem to be the only ones who said they didn't want to.

The Gremlin
2009-02-06, 05:58 PM
I am making a comic that will hopefully move the plot (again). I need to know who wants to be in the final scene with the Shades. Oliver, Q, Q and Randomizer seem to be the only ones who said they didn't want to.

It would be appreciated if I was in it, teleporting in and muttering that things aren't good. Nobody has to even notice me, it'll just make it easier for me later on.
I do not want to fight (I'm a diviner, and incredibly useless in a fight), I just want to be there.

Mad Mask
2009-02-06, 06:15 PM
Why do you always speak as if you were your character ? :smallconfused:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-06, 06:44 PM
Teehee. A diviner cat. :smalltongue:

EDIT: @ MM: It's AVATAR battle royal. We are all, in some way, are character.

Szilard
2009-02-06, 06:49 PM

Some just really get into their character.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-06, 07:48 PM
Pah, I've never been lucky/smart enough to make a character I can really connect with. You would not believe the amount of character concepts and ideas that've piled up here over all this time.

Eita
2009-02-06, 08:02 PM

If I can manage to make a comic fast enough, the plot shall be progressed further. Followed of course by unnecessary exposition.

The Gremlin
2009-02-06, 11:06 PM
Mainly because it's quicker than having to refer to him by name usually.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-07, 12:11 AM
The only characters I ever identify with are either the one's who are based off of me like Oliver (Not ABR Oliver, but my town one), and one's that are based off my friends. Like Graham and Harrison, who I've already developed a personality for.

Fun Fact: Harrison the bard ogre is Haydenhawk, the user. He participated briefly in Plot 3.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-07, 05:24 AM
@MM:
Fayte's not gunna fight... he may not be the diviner or overseer anymore, but he still can trance and make profercies that way.

@Gremlin:
Oh I see! the god of Fate has recently lost his powers and your already tring to fill his shoes by claiming your a Diviner! (:smalltongue:)

@Grim Ranger:
Sure why not, you hunt Leo in FI and (if Crim agrees) could kill him (I'll do the comic tho so i can have Fayte sort of trance a little :smalltongue:)

Grim ranger
2009-02-07, 09:15 AM
Well, where should he chase him? I bet UNIA would have case file about runaway necromancer... perhaps our little chase should be done in:

1)Tajiran capital (the name of which escapes me)?

2)Blauport?

3)some other city or place where Leo could have escaped to

And how does Leo exactly fight? I think that such information would be highly appreciated when we plan the chase and possible battle scenes.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-07, 09:21 AM
Well, most of the resistance is hanging around Schizotec as far as I can tell. Although they got to other cities of need be (If a UNA member makes an important appearance)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 09:36 AM
@MM:
Fayte's not gunna fight... he may not be the diviner or overseer anymore, but he still can trance and make profercies that way.

@Gremlin:
Oh I see! the god of Fate has recently lost his powers and your already tring to fill his shoes by claiming your a Diviner! (:smalltongue:)

@Grim Ranger:
Sure why not, you hunt Leo in FI and (if Crim agrees) could kill him (I'll do the comic tho so i can have Fayte sort of trance a little :smalltongue:)

You make the trance comic and i'll make my death comic.

Grim ranger
2009-02-07, 09:39 AM
If you make your death comic now that Drowzy has not got us out of Vendetta, what is going to kill you? I think that you should wait until he gets his work done with unless of course you want to fall to common mook.

EDIT: crud. It seems I misread. Sorry about that.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 09:41 AM
*rereads my post* Were does it say I was going to make it now? :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 09:56 AM
I've re-read the list of PCs participating in Future Imperfect and I've realised that the Resistance greatly outnumbers the UNA ! This is bad news for all of us who have characters in the UNA. All of PCs in Fat Fish Fury (save for Grim Ranger) are in the resistance. Why is it so popular ?

Shades of Gray
2009-02-07, 09:59 AM
Paricularly because 90% of the characters are the heroes. And of those, 90% of them are allied with Lying... And it's more heroic. But I still have my Antoine... Who is the creepiest character I've ever had to write for.

The Gremlin
2009-02-07, 11:18 AM
I've re-read the list of PCs participating in Future Imperfect and I've realised that the Resistance greatly outnumbers the UNA ! This is bad news for all of us who have characters in the UNA. All of PCs in Fat Fish Fury (save for Grim Ranger) are in the resistance. Why is it so popular ?

Gosh, maybe all the characters from FFF I are with Lying in FI because they were with him in FFF I (we should really come up with a real name for that)!

@Gremlin:
Oh I see! the god of Fate has recently lost his powers and your already trying to fill his shoes by claiming your a Diviner! (:smalltongue:)

Hey, Nilmerg's been a diviner nearly since he first appeared. His banned subschool is, of course, Evocation (some people may remember him using fireball on the kobold, Graene, but my explanation for that is that his fading undead self was still partially in his body and thus he was still able to cast offensive spells for a little while. Just an explanation for those waiting on baited breath to talk about my character. :smalltongue:). He is actually fairly high level, about 13th level, but he only prepares offensive spells when he has to. He usually sticks to Divination and Abjuration.

BRC
2009-02-07, 11:57 AM
True, but people also have secondary UNoA characters (I have that dwarven hacker merc guy for example).

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-07, 11:58 AM

As said, pretty much all these pcs are goody two shoes. As such, they will continue to be so in the near future as it fits in with their character. I don't like the resistance, I hate the underdog, plus the UNA offers a better sense of order. I'm not a fan of chaos either.

Szilard
2009-02-07, 12:39 PM
That reminds me, I had an FI character Idea.
Reposted from the remember forums:
So there was this elven city that feared that the UNA would put them all in Zoos (Or on a reservation), so they put their entire city into a rock, and gave it to Derek. Derek is charged with the mission to release the city when the UNA is finally gone. He carries around a staff with the rock on top. He uses this staff as a quarterstaff when in battle. He also carries a knife.
He joined the ALF or whatever we're calling it so that he wouldn't have to carry around the rock his entire life.

On the subject of UNA characters... Depending on who survives SDSB, I might have an FI character for the UNA.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 12:54 PM
Sorry for taking so long with the latest SDSB comic. I promise I'll work on it. *crosses fingers*

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 01:33 PM
SDSB

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vln02p.png

I laughed so hard at that last panel! :smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2009-02-07, 02:01 PM
I can't wait to see what the first room has.
Which reminds me, later today I have to make a SDSB comic with Sorcerer Dude.

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 02:42 PM
OK, so I'm making a list of the characters who will be in the battle against the three Shades:

Igon Minoblendy (main character)
Almighty Salmon & Leroy (main characters)
Threeshades (main character)
Stephen Mask (casualty)
Nilmerg (observer)
Eita?

BRC
2009-02-07, 02:51 PM
OK, so I'm making a list of the characters who will be in the battle against the three Shades:

Stephen Mask (casualty)
Nilmerg (observer)
Eita?

I wouldn't mind Ven being there, though he (Well, the Dettas anyway) could be holding back minion shades at the time.

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-07, 02:55 PM
Team Good:
Stephen Mask (casualty)
Crimson Angel (casualty)
Nilmerg (observer)
Ven and the Dettas (fighting off minions)
Eita?

Team Evil:
Tired N' Drowzy (main character, appears during the fight)
Grim Ranger (main character, appears during the fight)
Rx300 Gray (main character; will be explained later)

Grim ranger
2009-02-07, 03:01 PM
I and TnD think that Grim Ranger and Tired N' Drowzy will be present in the final battle,fighting for Team Evil (if it even exists anymore, anyways against the good guys).

Ah, damn it. You ninja'd me, old friend.

On other note, I have thought of other FI character. No solid backround ideas yet, but I have made some pics about him already.

Warning: bit of screen scretchy
http://g.imagehost.org/0524/FI_char2.png http://g.imagehost.org/0213/FI_char2-2.png http://g.imagehost.org/0477/FI_char2-3.png http://g.imagehost.org/0078/FI_char2-4.png

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 03:06 PM
I was thinking that the Qs may show up during the epic battle and accidentally help the good guys out of a jam by falling from a hole in the ceiling on top of a bad guy who really threatens them, then comicaly say "I didn't know that hole lead here!" or something along those lines. Just to have a part in the battle somehow.

I'll probably decide to keep them out of the battle entirely, however, and just have them kick ass with Randomizer.

Eita
2009-02-07, 03:07 PM
Yes, Eita will be in the final epic battle thingamajig.

If I ever finish this comic...

chriky
2009-02-07, 03:16 PM
Chriky and Firedrake will be in it, they will be helping out Threeshades (the good version) because of the oath.

Nameless
2009-02-07, 04:15 PM
Oh look, Calamity's back.
*waves*

@MM: Yo, I think I would like to be in that list.

Also, why do we need a list? :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 04:29 PM
*waves*

Because I'm making a comic, and I need to know who's going to accompany Salmon & Co. to the Shades' headquarters.

The Gremlin
2009-02-07, 04:31 PM
*waves*

MM's drawing a comic for the FBS (Final Battle Scene)and wants to know who wants to be in it.
Also, TS isn't on Team Evil anymore. The Shades are. Threeshades is Team Good.:smallcool:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 04:33 PM
Crims is in.

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 04:36 PM
I'm starting the comic now, so anyone who wants to be in that final scene will have to draw it himself. I'm going to include Salmon, Threeshades, Leroy, Igon, Stephen, Mechafox, Crimson Angel's character and Grim Reaper, while Nilmerg will pop up when things look bad.

The Gremlin
2009-02-07, 04:37 PM
Crims is in.

Remember, you're going to die. Just so that MM knows (in case he forgot).

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 04:37 PM
You know what? I change my mind.

The Qs will be in the final battle scene.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 04:38 PM
Do I still get to make his death?

Fawkes
2009-02-07, 04:43 PM
Mask, you've missed quite a few people who have voiced that they want to be in the final battle. Myself included. Don't leave us out. :smallannoyed:

Emperor Ing
2009-02-07, 04:49 PM
Eh, im fine not being in the final battle. It'd be more ominous if I stood at the entrance, and said that this was not my battle, and just flew away.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 04:52 PM
I think the Qs are anything but ominous.

When Randomizer flies away, "RSQ" would probably shout something like "Hell no! I aint letting you hog all the glory of the final fight! I'm coming too! :smallmad:" to Team Good. The kick ass with the good guys.

It's not subtle, but it is Q's character.

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 04:58 PM
Mask, you've missed quite a few people who have voiced that they want to be in the final battle. Myself included. Don't leave us out. :smallannoyed:

Like who ? I'm talking about the Team Good people at the foot of the moutain. Iceddragons, Megadoomer, Memnarch, Thryza and Darklord Bright didn't say a word, while Ven and Oliver will fight minions.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 05:00 PM
Like who ? I'm talking about the people at the foot of the moutain. Iceddragons, Megadoomer, Memnarch, Thryza and Darklord Bright didn't say a word, while Ven, Oliver, Randomizer, Q and Q will fight minions.

*points up at my last couple of posts*

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 05:01 PM
*points up at my last couple of posts*

You are already in the mountain.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 05:02 PM
Like who ? I'm talking about the people at the foot of the moutain. Iceddragons, Megadoomer, Memnarch, Thryza and Darklord Bright didn't say a word, while Ven, Oliver, Randomizer, Q and Q will fight minions.

That's because Beans quit, and all thoes other people aren't here. Plus rand flies away and the Q's fight.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 05:03 PM
You are already in the mountain.

So? The Qs will still tag along. :smallconfused::smallannoyed:

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 05:05 PM
So? The Qs will still tag along. :smallconfused::smallannoyed:

The Qs will have a glorious entrance, don't worry.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 05:08 PM
The Qs will have a glorious entrance, don't worry.

Excellent.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 05:08 PM
Just don't forget the lines for faytes trance. And I still want to make my death scene. If only my computer didn't freeze when I try to load my crims templates. If it dosn't load by the middle of the fight, someone else can have him die.

The Gremlin
2009-02-07, 05:11 PM

Sigh. Why are you changing? Being in the FBS doesn't make you any more important a character. I'm only in it to save myself a bit of time reintroducing myself later.

chriky
2009-02-07, 05:11 PM
I said Chriky would be in the final scene towards the top of the page and a couple of pages ago and i've given a reason. So i've made it clear I want to be in the final battle scene.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 05:12 PM
Sigh. Why are you changing? Being in the FBS doesn't make you any more important a character.

I'm changing because I want to change. And I do still firmly believe it will make me more important. Plus, it is in Q's character I believe.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-07, 05:12 PM
See guys, it's just so much easier to not be in the FBS... Plus I've had this comic planned for over a month now...

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 05:15 PM
I said Chriky would be in the final scene towards the top of the page and a couple of pages ago and i've given a reason. So i've made it clear I want to be in the final battle scene.

He's already in my comic. I just forgot to mention him. :smallredface:

Fawkes
2009-02-07, 05:27 PM
Well, as long as you include me...

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-07, 05:37 PM
I'm in the final battle scene for the most logical reasons: I know a lot about the Shades (Character history wise and that I keep pretty regular contact with Threeshades) and am a pretty powerful dude (Telekinesis with dead corpses, for example, will probably delay their phagogenesis, and there's a nuke in waiting just in case).

That, and Mask is putting me in automatically :smalltongue:

chriky
2009-02-07, 05:39 PM
He's already in my comic. I just forgot to mention him. :smallredface:

Thanks.
Sorry if i sounded a bit rude. :smallredface:

Edit - I was wondering who was gonna make the next thread.

Mad Mask
2009-02-07, 05:56 PM
I'm in the final battle scene for the most logical reasons: I know a lot about the Shades (Character history wise and that I keep pretty regular contact with Threeshades) and am a pretty powerful dude (Telekinesis with dead corpses, for example, will probably delay their phagogenesis, and there's a nuke in waiting just in case).

My first thought was to evacuate the surrounding, catapult Igon to the Shades' headquarters and make him cast Explosive Apocalypse from the Sky, but that was too anti-climatic.

BRC
2009-02-07, 05:57 PM
Edit - I was wondering who was gonna make the next thread.

Lying, he's had his thread stolen twice already, so I think it's his turn.

chriky
2009-02-07, 06:00 PM
Don't we have to get a mod to agree to it in advance, or something like that, because of the new subforum. I'm not sure but just incase would it be a good idea to do that now.

Nameless
2009-02-07, 06:06 PM
Because I'm making a comic, and I need to know who's going to accompany Salmon & Co. to the Shades' headquarters.

Ah, fair enough, I'm in. :smallsmile:

On a side note, I've started painting again. :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-07, 06:07 PM
*sigh* I'll go find roland.

EDIT: Pm'ed

The Gremlin
2009-02-07, 08:52 PM
Lying, he's had his thread stolen twice already, so I think it's his turn.
*Sigh*
Technically, it would be more fair to let someone who's NEVER made a thread do it, but fine, I won't argue. Then everyone will probably get on my case about stealing the thread from him again.
However, Lying, I ask that you put in a link to the alt thread, to help out all those who don't see it on the wiki. It makes it much easier to spot.

Like who ? I'm talking about the Team Good people at the foot of the moutain. Iceddragons, Megadoomer, Memnarch, Thryza and Darklord Bright didn't say a word, while Ven and Oliver will fight minions.
This is incredibly unfair. They haven't had enough time! They weren't online for a little while (not counting Beans)and so you get impatient and make it anyways? I say that you should wait for all of them to post and say where they wanna be. Otherwise, the final battle will make little sense.
Also, I'd rather not be in the FBS after all. If you do change it, please have me stay and help fight the lesser shades. I'll be much more help there, fighting folk I can actually hurt. I should be carrying a staff/knife, preferably.

I think the Qs are anything but ominous.

When Randomizer flies away, "RSQ" would probably shout something like "Hell no! I aint letting you hog all the glory of the final fight! I'm coming too! :smallmad:" to Team Good. The kick ass with the good guys.

It's not subtle, but it is Q's character.

But it makes no sense! They can't hurt the Shades, so it would be logical to assume that if they try to follow Lying & co, Lying or TS will tell them to stay where they can make a difference!
Of course, all the lessers will be destroyed once the Shades are killed, but the Qs can at least keep others from dying before then and hold them off.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 09:56 PM
But it makes no sense! They can't hurt the Shades, so it would be logical to assume that if they try to follow Lying & co, Lying or TS will tell them to stay where they can make a difference!
Of course, all the lessers will be destroyed once the Shades are killed, but the Qs can at least keep others from dying before then and hold them off.

Qs not exactly logical or the type to obey orders from Lying or Threeshades. He'd still want a piece of the main action.

Plus, how'd you come to the conclusion that Q wouldn't be able to make a difference in that fight? :smallconfused:

The Gremlin
2009-02-07, 10:20 PM
Qs not exactly logical or the type to obey orders from Lying or Threeshades. He'd still want a piece of the main action.

Plus, how'd you come to the conclusion that Q wouldn't be able to make a difference in that fight? :smallconfused:

Nobody but the two Salmon can harm TS in any way.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-07, 10:24 PM
Nobody but the two Salmon can harm TS in any way.

Well, the Qs will still tag along, thinking they're helping, regardless of whether or not they're making a difference. They'll still think they're doing good and they think that it's important to be in the final showdown.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-08, 12:56 AM
Traker, one does not simply start a plot like that. For the most part (i.e. Plot 3 and FI) they start with planning. And one of the others, SDSB, was a branch from the main plot FFF. You should be more constructive to the plots that exist. Plus, we don't even know what you are eldritch spearing.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 04:47 AM
I'm offline for a few days and Mad Mask doesn't include me in the FBS :smallfrown:

Besides what does a fantasy discussion about souls and brains have to do with religion:smallconfused: Connecting magic and science wasn't a problem for Eoin Colfer or the like.

Nameless
2009-02-08, 06:15 AM
Did... Did Taker just start a NOTHER plot? :smalleek:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 08:11 AM

Yes. But no-one like that he did it.

Emperor Ing
2009-02-08, 08:15 AM

no he did not, you're just hallucinating.

Threeshades
2009-02-08, 08:45 AM

And why the heck is his character almost as featureless as the clone week avatars?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 08:46 AM
Oh ok, so I'm not going crazy. Other people see that. :smalleek:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 09:00 AM
Oh ok, so I'm not going crazy. Other people see that. :smalleek:

That's completely wrongYou're totally crazy<Nobody saw that

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 09:03 AM
That's completely wrongYou're totally crazy<Nobody saw that

I'm not crazy. :smallfrown: Just a little Pyro and ADD... :smallredface:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 09:07 AM

:smallbiggrin:You are crazy, and so am I. Everybody is, some more than other *laughs insanely*:smallbiggrin: See THAT'S crazy :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-02-08, 09:13 AM

Sorry, but my analysis of the facts prompt me to say that without any further evidence, you are neither pyromaniac nor victim of the attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Please say what makes you tell you are a pyromaniac and a victim of the attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and I may start to believe you.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 09:31 AM
Almost all my pics of my townie are on fire. :D
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g784.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g11.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g152-1.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g134.png
And by Vulion. :D
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/Crimsonangel.jpg
Half the pics on my phone are of things on fire. My grampa took me into a big clearing and we set a whole pile of sticks and leaves on fire. The pile was like, 8 feet tall and it burned all nite. Good times. :smallamused:

Mad Mask
2009-02-08, 09:53 AM
Yes, that sure is a sign of a mental illness. Not !

Pyromania is a bit like smoking, except the addiction is to setting things on fire. Do you feel relieve when you set things on fire or blow up your trash ? Do you have an impulse to start fires when you are stressed ? I don't think so. And I'm sure you don't have ADHD, either.

Now let's return to our standard on-topic dialogue.

In my plot comic, Igon will cast a Mass Fly spell on those who want to go fight the Shades themselves. Those who have expressed a desire to go with him: Almighty Salmon (can fly on his own, however), Threeshades, Keveak, Nameless, Stephen, Mecha ox, Chriky, Firedrake (can fly on his own, however) and CrimsonAngel (can fly on her own, however). Am I right, or I am wrong ?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 09:57 AM
and CrimsonAngel (can fly on her own, however). Am I right, or I am wrong ?

*spites* :smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 11:04 AM
@Crimson: What's with the avatar? It creeps me out and look like it's on drugs.:smalleek:

@Mad Mask: Possesing is of the body. Ghosts can (with the right feat, but I think it's the dead part) posses corpses. Souls have nothing to do with it (Sam posses a body with only his soul in it, remember)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 11:09 AM
@Crimson: What's with the avatar? It creeps me out and look like it's on drugs.:smalleek:

@Mad Mask: Possesing is of the body. Ghosts can (with the right feat, but I think it's the dead part) posses corpses. Souls have nothing to do with it (Sam posses a body with only his soul in it, remember)

It's oots me. :smalleek:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 11:12 AM
It's oots me. :smalleek:

AAARGH!! No seriously what's with your eyes?:smalleek::smalleek:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 11:16 AM
I have different colors in my eyes. Like ego's eyes in the your picture thread. :smallconfused: Or is it the dark circles from not being able to sleep for several weeks?

EDIT: It's pic 4.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 11:26 AM
I have different colors in my eyes. Like ego's eyes in the your picture thread. :smallconfused: Or is it the dark circles from not being able to sleep for several weeks?

EDIT: It's pic 4.

Both. And who the heck is ego?

PS: the pale colors of the skin and hair aren't helping

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 11:29 AM
Both. And who the heck is ego?

PS: the pale colors of the skin and hair aren't helping

EgoSlayer. She's a titanitp. And what do you mean the skin and hair arn't helping?

Bayar
2009-02-08, 11:44 AM
EgoSlayer. She's a titanitp. And what do you mean the skin and hair arn't helping?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g333.png

EgoSlayer doesnt look stoned. Or creepy. Or EMO for that matter.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 11:50 AM
EgoSlayer doesnt look stoned. Or creepy. Or EMO for that matter.

Ouch... *filler text*

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 12:01 PM

Pale skin just makes it look more drugged, that's what I said. Your eyes aren't two colors in real-life are they?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 12:05 PM
Only the centers. You see it better when my pupils get smaller.

memnarch
2009-02-08, 12:15 PM
The final battle is for people who have lots of power or don't mind getting bumped off. I'll be sticking out.

And crimson, that pic does make you look emo.

The Gremlin
2009-02-08, 12:18 PM

Pyromania is a bit like smoking, except the addiction is to setting things on fire. Do you feel relieve when you set things on fire or blow up your trash ? Do you have an impulse to start fires when you are stressed ? I don't think so. And I'm sure you don't have ADHD, either.

Okay, MM, that's annoying. How can you say that someone doesn't have ADD when you've never even met them face-to-face? I have Aspurger's Syndrome and ADHD, are you going to refute that, too?:smallannoyed:
CA has actually acted like he has ADD. Maybe even ADHD, but he never said he had that. He has a tendency to act a bit hyper and stuff.:smallwink:
Also, we need the new thread. Lying, please remember what I said about a link to the alt thread.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 12:21 PM
Who are you calling *gets distracted by a butterfly and eats it* What was I saying? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-02-08, 12:22 PM

Okay, MM, that's annoying. How can you say that someone doesn't have ADD when you've never even met them face-to-face? I have Aspurger's Syndrome and ADHD, are you going to refute that, too?:smallannoyed:
CA has actually acted like he has ADD. Maybe even ADHD, but he never said he had that. He has a tendency to act a bit hyper and stuff.:smallwink:
Also, we need the new thread. Lying, please remember what I said about a link to the alt thread.
Also, MM, Rand doesn't possess people.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 12:36 PM

It's Asberger. But still :smallfrown:

Well that makes three ABR's with Asberger (So are we crazyor is it the others soon we shall conquer the world, SOON!!)

And yeah, MM should stop being so mistrusting.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 12:43 PM
*chews on keveaks arm*

Fay Graydon
2009-02-08, 12:44 PM
I have ADD (or attention deficit disorder) as well as being borderline Dyslectic (i rely on spell checker too much =S).
I (luckily) grew out of ADHD.

New plot. canon

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/g24601/abr.jpg

I vote this non cannon...
I also vote making this non cannon by shooting it with the Ban-Kannon on my Fortress of Orksomeness!
*grins*

(and why does the forum take forever to do anything on my laptop!!!! :veryannoyed: )

The Gremlin
2009-02-08, 12:46 PM
It's Asberger. But still :smallfrown:

Is not! LIAR!!!
*Stabs Keveak*
Muahahahahaha......gonna kill everyone...
:smallwink:
Anyways, ahem:
oops. Neither of us is right (http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=active&q=aspergers&btnG=Search).....:smallredface:
EDIT: That's it. If someone doesn't hurry, I'm making the new thread!
Maybe CA should do it...he hasn't done it before. But someone better, to stop village-bombing.:smalleek:
EDIT EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the permission thing. Sorry for rushing you guys. But everybody, STOP POSTING! We can't allow villages to be bombed!
\/Ah, you're probably right there.
\/\/STOP POSTING THIS IRRELEVANT BANTER!!!:smallfurious:
\/\/\/Yeah, it's really annoying. We didn't exactly HAVE any spam topics in the A&C forum, why would we have them here? The mods can always delete/lock them, so it hardly makes any difference.

Mad Mask
2009-02-08, 12:51 PM
Maybe CrimsonAngel has ADHD, I don't know. But I'm 99% sure she doesn't have pyromania. It's a very rare mental illness, and just because you like fire doesn't mean you have it. It's when you feel the urge to burn things to alleviate your stress, when blowing things up makes you feel better. Just looking at pictures of fire doesn't mean you have it.

Now please, let's stop this completely off-topic discussion and return to our usual semi-relevant banter.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 12:53 PM
*chews on keveaks arm*

real me or kobold?

me: Get of AAAHHH!!! *shakes arm so Crimson is badly hurt by the ceilig*
Oh, wait it's Crimson *offers Crimson to force that created the universe i ope of getting into an afterlife*

Kobold me: Good idea *charms Crimson to let go and chews on Crimson*

Fay Graydon
2009-02-08, 12:54 PM
EDIT: That's it. If someone doesn't hurry, I'm making the new thread!
Maybe CA should do it...he hasn't done it before. But someone better, to stop village-bombing.:smalleek:
EDIT EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the permission thing. Sorry for rushing you guys. But everybody, STOP POSTING! We can't allow villages to be bombed!

Hey. I haven't made it!
there are lots of ABR members who haven't made a thread.
Besides. the new forum rules have made it confusing seeing as we need to be approved by a mod est...

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 01:03 PM
I sent a message to Roland 2 days ago. I should get a reply and second..... *should I PM the big foot?*

Mad Mask
2009-02-08, 01:07 PM
I sent a message to Roland 2 days ago. I should get a reply and second..... *should I PM the big foot?*

That means that when you start a new thread, it goes into a queue for the moderators to look at and approve.

You didn't have to PM Roland or any moderator.

^Triple posts ! Please deleted them.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-08, 01:08 PM

Footprint's sig says not to send pm's to it. I always assumed its a different account that all mods have access to, instead of their usual ones.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-08, 01:09 PM
Sorry about the multiple posts guys.
My Internet seems to hate GiantITP more than usual...
Does anyone else have problems with the forum with Firefox?
(if so is it just firefox being sucky?)

The Gremlin
2009-02-08, 01:10 PM

No.
And sorry Fayt, I didn't know you were online.
/\It's probably just your server. Firefox always works fine for me. I still prefer Netscape, though.:smallamused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-08, 01:13 PM

Same problem here, I had to hit the quote button 4 times before I could even get to this posting page. Keep getting a network timeout error page.

Not sure if it's Firefox though, FF has never let me down so far.

I'm actually feeling as if the recent forum changes did absolutely nothing.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 01:15 PM
Whens lying gettin on? :smallconfused:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-08, 01:17 PM
I suggest we start a campaign to get the forum staff to make the forum more connection friendly :smalltongue:

Seriously though this new method of making us PM them to start a new thread is kinda lame...
(i hope they don't ban people who share my view =S =P)

Mad Mask
2009-02-08, 01:20 PM
I suggest we start a campaign to get the forum staff to make the forum more connection friendly :smalltongue:

Seriously though this new method of making us PM them to start a new thread is kinda lame...

You don't need to PM them. You just create the thread, the mods will approve it, and it shall be posted. It's a well and good for a new fancomic, but for threads like ABR ? I don't think so.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-08, 01:21 PM
Whens lying gettin on? :smallconfused:

One of the great mysteries of life that is. Poor guy's probably frozen to death by now. :smalltongue:

Don't think we have to send a pm, when a thread is made it goes into a magical waiting list. where it shall stay until approved.

That means that when you start a new thread, it goes into a queue for the moderators to look at and approve. Note that the only criteria for approval are those given in these rules. We’re not judging the quality of your comic--just that it is, in fact, a comic!

The Gremlin
2009-02-08, 01:24 PM

I tend to agree. As I said before, I've never seen any spam topics on the A&C forum, so why would there be spam topics on the Fancomics place? Even if there are some, the mods can always just delete/lock them, so I don't really see the trouble.:smallannoyed:
/\Yeah, but I think Fayt and I meant that. It's still lame even if you don't have to PM them, simply because with threads like ABR it seems like we'll have to try to get the thread approved on the 48th thread.:smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-08, 01:24 PM

I had some problems with my computer showing a "link is broken" page constantly (even when I clicked the update button) but I have Explorer.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-08, 01:44 PM

It's correctly spelled "Asperger's Syndrome", after it's discoverer Hans Asperger.

I sent the next thread into the permission line when page 49 hit.

I still don't see the entire point to the link, considering it'll only be used when the forums are down, thus meaning you wouldn't be able to get to it.

And I haven't frozen to death just yet, the boiler has finally been fixed. :smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-08, 01:46 PM
Page 49? It's page 38...