PDA

View Full Version : 4ed: Bladesingers--How would you make one?

ShaggyMarco
2009-01-07, 01:50 PM
So, I've been thinking about transfering over an old Elven Bladesinger character a friend of mine once played into a min-arc/1-shot that he'll be in town for, and I am trying to figure out how best to capture his high-elven Longsword/Spell bladesinger character in 4ed. I'm supposed to make his character for him. These thoughts led me to try out one possible build (see here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101584)) for another mini-arc my friends and I are doing, but I wanted to open it up to the playground. Capture the traditional High Elf Sword in one-hand, nothing (but maybe an implement) in the other, light armor, sword and sorcery bladesinger.

We'll be level 6

My Ideas:

Eladrin Swordmage. Easy and straightforward.

Eladrin Artful-Dodger Rogue, Multi Fey-Pact Warlock. Fight with a Pact Sword. Get the feat that lets me use a Longsword as a Rogue Weapon. Push Dex and Cha.

Eladrin Tempest Fighter, Multi Wizard. Use a "spiked gauntlet" as my off-hand weapon, wear hide armor. Use wizard powers to mark massive number sof enemies at once/at range. Use Tempest fighters that don't require actually attacking with the off hand. Use the off hand to use wands/orbs when needed. Push Str and Int.

Eladrin Tactical Warlord, Multi-Wizard. Shift the enemies into burst ofrmations and allies out of them in order to maximize my wizard powers. Push Str and Int.

Eladrin Wizard, Multi-Swordmage. Cast lots. Use Intelligent blademaster to be useful in melee if need-be. Carry a wand in my off-hand for most spells. Power-swap for some other decent melee. Push Int and Dex.

And finally, my Eladrin Teleporting Warlock, Multi-Swordmage. I won't go into his details here.

How would you do it?

How would a party of these 6 fare?