PDA

View Full Version : non-eberron artificers

zerombr
2009-01-07, 05:28 PM
i was just curious if there was a ruleset needed to play Artificers in non Eberron games, granted most of it carries over just fine, I was more interested in the Action Points involvement in how the Artificer plays out. Is there anything noted about that available, or is AP just ignored?

AslanCross
2009-01-07, 06:11 PM
I don't think Artificers require action points per se. There are a few abilities from some Artificer-related PrCs (Cannith Wand Adept, for example) that assume the use of action points in your game, but they don't really need them.
Of course there's the in-combat use of infusions. That's about the only time Artificers really need action points.

zerombr
2009-01-07, 06:24 PM
exactly, it's not a core part of the class but the use of AP does let you do certain things faster or better, I was simply wondering if there were any changes to non-Eberron to regard the lack of AP, such as perhaps, Rapid Infusion working 3 times a day instead of 1 (iirc) or if that's all just discretion, which it seems to be. Thanks for the reply!

Thurbane
2009-01-07, 08:35 PM
Unearthed Arcana has rules for Action points, if you want to make them non-Eberron specific.