PDA

View Full Version : The GITP Nintendo Wi-fi Club

Oregano
2009-01-07, 05:49 PM
The GITP Nintendo Wi-fi Club

Well, I finally tried out Online Gaming on my DS, and I love it, it's simple and free and offers better competition than the AI. It's also mildly addicted as I've been playing on online games more than my RPGs.:smallwink:

I hope we can use this thread for a variety of things to do with Nintendo Wi-fi, as it can be difficult getting connected with people, especially friends. I want this to be a place where we can exchange Friend Codes and organise games. I did notice that there was some threads previously where people exchanged friends code, this is not mean tto replace them but is a place to collate them. I think this a good chance to play games with people on the boards, I, for one, would like to race some people on Mario Kart.

About the Club: Anyone is welcome and there is no leader! We all have equal say!

I also think we need a banner or something, I was thinking Belkar with the Wiimote and Nunchuk instead of his daggers.

So, is anyone interested in the club?

AlterForm
2009-01-07, 06:28 PM
*hand goes up*

This ought to be useful to find vic- er, friends to play against over the WFC. Yes... :smallamused:

Atomsized
2009-01-07, 09:51 PM
I'd be interested.

*Searches through his pile of Wi-fi-able games.*

Let's see, I have Phantom Hourglass, and DQM: Joker. That's about all.

Z-dan
2009-01-08, 06:45 AM
Sign me up- I need people to destroy on Mario Kart :smalltongue: also got pokemon diamond/pearl, and battle revolution, and Smash Bros... out of these, Mario Kart's the only one I'm good at (currently got 8-9000 points online), and not very far into pokemon so will be a while before I have decent battlers

Oregano
2009-01-08, 07:00 AM
OOO, is that Mario Kart DS or Wii?

and now we have four members!

Damn, what's the multiplayer like on Phantom Hourglass, because the Wi-fi on DQMJ isn't multiplayer, but you do get to download free monsters or items.

I have:
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Kart DS
Chocobo Tales
Final Fantasy III
FF:Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates(or Rings of Fate, I get the two mixed up).
Pokémon Pearl

I want some more games soon and Fire Emblem and the new Pokémon Ranger both have Wi-fi capabilities, so I might have them too soon.

AlterForm
2009-01-08, 08:59 AM
DS
-Phantom Hourglass
-Mario Kart DS
-Pokemon Diamond
-FF III
Wii
-SSBM
-Mario Kart Wii

Oregano
2009-01-08, 12:24 PM
Hmm, what's the Wi-fi like on Phantom Hourglass, I was thinking of getting the game but it's still quite expensive(same with Mario Kart), it might be worth it if the multiplayer's good.

Atomsized
2009-01-08, 05:14 PM
I thought DQM DID have multiplayer Wi-fi, but then again, it's almost impossible to even connect for me.....

Oregano
2009-01-08, 05:30 PM
I thought DQM DID have multiplayer Wi-fi, but then again, it's almost impossible to even connect for me.....

Nope, sadly not, I thought it did, it has short range wireless multiplayer but the only online service is the Wildcard World Cup and you can only fight the people in the top one hundred(which have completed the game and have some of the most powerful monsters), they wiped the floor with me.:smallfrown:

I have no trouble connecting, but you can only connect in a certain window, I know for Europe it's between 1 and 8pm(I can't remember if that's 1am or pm, I think it's pm).

Calamity
2009-01-08, 07:08 PM
I don't have a DS, but I do have a Wii. I don't have a lot of games either, I have Mario Kart Wii and SSBB though. (There is a thread for SSBB friend codes but I'm not sure if anyone even looks at it anymore.)

Geno9999
2009-01-08, 08:58 PM
off the top of my head I have a list of games that have Wi-fi

DS;
Starfox Command
Megaman Starforce 2 (Ninja)
Custom Robo Arena

Wii;
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Assassin89
2009-01-08, 09:14 PM
I have the following games on DS:
-Starfox Command
-Phantom Hourglass*
-Mario Kart DS
-Pokemon Pearl
-FF III*
-Final Fantasy IV*
-Final Fantasy Ring of Fates*
-Diddy Kong Racing
* On person

On Wii (Not on Person):
-Mario Kart
-Pokemon Battle Revolution

Z-dan
2009-01-09, 05:58 AM
OOO, is that Mario Kart DS or Wii?

Wii, though my partner's got the DS version... I may have to steal it :smallbiggrin:

Oregano
2009-01-09, 02:14 PM
I recommend borrowing it, it's a good game and it has Dry Bones.(I haven't got a Wii so I don't know if that does). I'm planning on getting another copy of Mario Kart DS sometime so both me and my brother can go on it at the same time(but they're still over Ł20:smallfrown:).

I'm going to start putting some of my Friend Codes on.

Diddy Kong Racing:

Z-dan
2009-01-10, 04:42 AM
Dry Bones is on Wii- you just have to unlock him. As is Dry Bowser- though it's incredibly difficult to get him... I'll stick to playing Daisy though

I'll put my friend codes up later, when I have more time

Geno9999
2009-01-10, 01:02 PM
I also want to get Mario Kart Wii, but then there's Fire Emblem; Shadow Dragon for the DS that's coming in February.

Oregano
2009-01-10, 02:47 PM
Fire Emblem's already out here but Chrono Trigger and Dragonquest V get released in February. Can't wait for DQIX though, apparently it will have full multiplayer but I don't know how.

Oregano
2009-01-11, 02:34 PM
I went out and got another copy of Mario Kart DS for just me to use. My friend code is: