PDA

View Full Version : Converting 2.0 Thief into Gestalt 3.5 Rogue/Fighter - Help!

Jasper1972
2009-01-07, 07:33 PM
Hey all,

Forever ago, I had a character in 2.0 that was a Rogue, using the Bounty Hunter kit. He was an elf that wielded 2 scimitars (I swear this was before Drizzt, but whatever). The proficiencies didn't quite work out in 2.0, but I had a lenient DM who let me get away with it.

He started out as a thief, but rapidly became a front line, ninja looking guy, with the twirling two scimitars.

Anyway, we're playing a reunion game, and I'm trying to reimagine him in 3.5.

We're starting out (for various reasons) as 5th level gestalt, 32 point characters. Here's what I have in mind:

Rogue 5/Sword Sage 1/Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 1

Str 10
Dex 17 (+2 from Elf) (+1 more from 4th level)
Con 12 (-2 from Elf)
Int 16
Wis 10
Cha 9

House Rule: We've ruled that the scimitar can work for the Weapon Finesse Feat, and I believe I can convince the DM to let me have the scimitar belong to the Shadow Hand category of weapons.

So...

In Sword Sage, take the Island of Blades stance (for the continuous sneak attack damage).

Take the following feats: Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting. I'd get Weapon Focus (scimitar) from Sword Sage, and Weapon Finesse (scimitar) from Swashbuckler. Finally, as my Fighter bonus feat, I'd take Shadow Blade to add Dex to damage.

So, in the end, I'd be adding Dex to the to-hit, and both Dex and Int (Insightful Strike from Swashbuckler) to damage, + 3D6 sneak attack.

Is there a better way to build this mousetrap? Should I consider Ninja? Is there a more effective way to get the bonuses I'm looking at?