PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need help convincing my DM :(

asphen fox
2009-01-08, 07:20 AM
I need help convincing my DM that it's possible for my character to procure a gun (flintlock is all I need, I just wanna try the Black Rain discipline I found in the homebrew section...) in our campaign (it's in Eberron, by the way).

As far as I can tell, Eberron has progressed further in alchemy than Forgotten Realms and gun powder does exist in Forgotten Realms.

I need help on making reasons for their existence in the campaign and their abundance that I can buy one (or two) in cities in Eberron.

Thanks guys. :D

P.S. Sorry if I won't be able to reply today, I've probably already logged out by the time somebody replies in this thread. Thanks again! :D

Grail
2009-01-08, 07:35 AM
Gunpowder does not exist in Forgottem Realms.

Smokepowder however does. Smokepowder is an alchemical substance, magical in nature. It doesn't work in a dead magic zone for example. So, it's not a technological advancement as much as a magical one. A distinct, and important difference.

JeminiZero
2009-01-08, 07:54 AM
I need help convincing my DM that it's possible for my character to procure a gun (flintlock is all I need, I just wanna try the Black Rain discipline I found in the homebrew section...) in our campaign (it's in Eberron, by the way).

Caveat: I am not familiar with Black Rain discipline, or if this is possible.

But how about this. Instead, ask your DM to let you use the Black Rain discipline for a non-gun ranged weapon (Bow, Crossbow, Handcrossbow, Sling, Quick drawn Thrown weapons, whatever).

Burley
2009-01-08, 08:58 AM
Or, for the feeling of a gun, you could try out what I did: Play a warlock who fires his EB out of crossbow hilts.