PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy C

BDEYE
2009-01-08, 06:47 PM
((All right folks. Post some updated links to your characters and we'll be ready to rock. Mine's a comin'.))

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-09, 05:48 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59348

By the way, I changed the names of my arnis sticks to "Batons of Filipino Thunder."

I'm all over this game.

souldoubt
2009-01-10, 12:06 AM
I'm having trouble picking feats, what with all the ones that require Fortitude saves being apparently useless (way to go with the saving throws, D20 Modern), but I will post a link when I get things figured out.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-10, 07:22 PM
My internet's been down, but I'm thinking tomorrow I'll truck over to Books-A-Million and update Hunter.

BDEYE
2009-01-10, 08:40 PM
And here's B-Train:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=61212

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-13, 12:00 AM
The Espers we had, as I recall, were as follows:

Odin: Kills all non-boss monsters in the encounter.
Huitzilopochtli: Allows the player to cast a fireball as a wizard of the same level.
Kali: Allows the player to make four attacks as a full-round action.
T-Mac: Either cures all status ailments or changes the elemental alignment of one character's weapons for the duration of the encounter.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson: Either heals the party 3d20 points of damage through careful application of mind-expanding substances or machine-guns the enemy for 3d20 points of damage.

BDEYE
2009-01-14, 08:31 PM
Sounds about right to me.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-16, 10:50 PM
Internet still down. I can't bring my books with me to work to update Hunter. But I haven't forgotten.

souldoubt
2009-01-17, 01:11 AM
Sorry I haven't finished updating my character either. I guess I'm kind of annoyed by the way the saving throw DCs against certain attacks from Blood and Fists are handled -- they're unnecessarily complex and frankly unbalanced.

I move that we rule all save DCs associated with attacks you make should be equal to 10 + half your level + the relevant ability modifier. This best matches the way saves vs. spells work, which really the only things that saving throws were specifically designed to counter; it's also the way that similar save DCs are calculated in Iron Heroes, if that helps give it credence.

BDEYE
2009-01-17, 01:17 PM
Fine with me.

souldoubt
2009-01-17, 02:19 PM
Okay, I think I'm done, folks. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59401

Let me know if anything looks wonky.

BDEYE
2009-01-18, 01:15 PM
Okey doke, waiting on Hunter. No rush, just saying.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-18, 10:21 PM
Here's Hunter:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59972

BDEYE
2009-01-19, 11:20 AM
All right, please excuse my terrible memory, but last we saw our heroes the top floor of the building had turned into an airship and launched into the sky, we'd found one of the crystals and were hoping to set off in search of the other ones... right?

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-19, 11:26 AM
Why, indeed it was, students.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-19, 06:28 PM
Actually, we hadn't found any of the crystals yet. Squaresoft HQ was just the preliminary dungeon. Now we go off looking for crystals, presumably, unless you want to do something really radical, like reveal that the crystals have already been stolen by Square execs but there are four more attuned to different elements, or have us travel back in time. Right now, we're flying somewhere unidentified on a Squaresoft airship, having just beaten the white dragon Cryomorphax, whom the Three-Balled Oni was certain would defeat us. The ship can go wherever you see fit, BDEYE.

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-19, 07:41 PM
Mr. Graham attempted to roll an Intelligence Check to determine the course of the adventure and rolled a critical failure.

Man, it just doesn't work as well in text form.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-19, 08:31 PM
Speaking of that guy, I saw a copy of The Book of Erotic Fantasy and it's even lamer than we were previously lead to expect. There are magic penile rings and orgasm-causing fey swarms, for God's sake. The art is like nerd softcore, pictures of models with cat skin and faerie wings photoshopped onto them.

BDEYE
2009-01-19, 09:25 PM
Photoshopped, you say? What a charming misconception. Oh, to be young and innocent again...

All right, let's start getting IC. If everybody could just post real quick what their chars are doing. Like so:

Brendan sulks silently in a corner of the airship, keeping his own council... for now.

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-19, 10:01 PM
Brian spends an hour Meditating, reading Behavioral Science textbooks, practicing Tumbling, Improving his Initiative, and learning how to Dodge Uncannily.

"Man, I feel so much more Experienced now. Almost as if I have gained some distinct new Skills, Feats and Talents as a result of our adventure."

Brian looks around for some sort of control panel, using an Untrained Int check
[roll0]
or a Computer Use check [roll1]
whatever is more appropriate.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-19, 10:02 PM
Hunter shadowboxes in victory over the body of Cryomorphax. As Brian speaks, he turns.
"I know what you mean," he says. "All of a sudden I feel like I've not only learned the sweet science, but that I've matured and grown as a human being who is now more and more capable of living an adult, independent life. F--k! I forgot to improve my skills!"
He begins scribbling furiously on a new short story, tumbling around epileptically as he does so.

BDEYE
2009-01-19, 10:06 PM
Brian notices a discolored portion of the wall. In his genius, the thought crosses his mind that this might be worth investigating. Or walking straight into at full speed.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-19, 10:09 PM
"Brian," says Hunter. "What do you see?"

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-19, 10:40 PM
"Check this out, guys," I say, pointing to the area on the wall. I Search the area on the wall, taking 20 to do so.

Search: Take 20 = 25

souldoubt
2009-01-20, 12:26 PM
Alex spends time tying himself up and escaping from the bonds while he tumbles around practicing punches. "Hey, guys! I think I just figured out how to combine a debilitating Heart Punch with a weakening Body Blow! Sweet!"

When he's done he joins the others in inspecting the unusual wall. He reaches a hand out to touch it.

BDEYE
2009-01-20, 05:20 PM
Alex's hand passes through the discolored area. The space on the other side is warm. Brian hears strange voices coming through the wall. They seem to be moaning- in pain or in pleasure, there is no way to be sure.

Brendan ceases his brooding. "I have a plan," he says, seriously. "We should charge through into the hidden room and kill anything that looks suspicious."

Planning check:[roll0]

souldoubt
2009-01-21, 05:49 PM
Alex nods, equally serious. "Good plan. Let's go." He takes up a ready-to-charge position in front of the masked passage.

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-21, 07:32 PM
"A plan as well-thought out and devastating as the Spartan's last stand at Thermopylae, Brendan," Brian says. He charges into the room at full speed, his two Batons of Filipino Thunder over his heads.

Initiative:

[roll0]

BDEYE
2009-01-21, 10:01 PM
The air around you fades away in a pixelated blur. When you can see again, you are standing in a large, darkened chamber lit only with black candles. In the center of the room, suspended in the air with an elaborate harness, is a fat man in goggles and a red and blue jumpsuit. He is surrounded by a group of several upset but aroused looking women wrapped in latex, holding an assortment of whips, clamps and paddles.

"Hi!" he says. "I'm Cid! The mechanic! Nobody can get an airship working better then me!"

He is whipped, and winces.

"I'd like to point out that this is in no way consensual," he whispers.

((Anybody else attacking? Initiative for the B- [roll0]))

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-22, 08:08 AM
Yes, I am attacking too. I suppose all of us should roll initiative.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-22, 01:53 PM
Hunter, remembering the specifics of the plan raises his Mexican Pit-Fighting Knuckles of the Jaguar +3, -1 Damage Per Round, Per Wound and wonders why Kyle is never here when we need him.
[roll0]

souldoubt
2009-01-22, 04:13 PM
Alex is also attacking, as the plan stated.

[roll0]

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-22, 06:20 PM
I think Brian probably goes first on account of his higher dexterity, but Hunter picks the biggest, butchest, most unsexy of the dominatrices and hit her with a left jab/right hook combo.

Jab: [roll0]
Hook: [roll1]

I take a free action to reflect ruefully that when I said I wanted to be a boxer who killed rapists as per Pulp Fiction, this wasn't exactly what I meant.

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-22, 08:18 PM
Brian raises his Batons of Filipino Thunder over his head--you all think you hear the slight crackle of far-off thunder--and Charge the nearest Dom. I also declare my Dodge bonus against the Dom I will be attacking.

"For Gygax!" Brian screams, Batons thundering.

Attack One: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]Physical+[roll3]Sonic
Crit Damage: [roll4]Physical+[roll5]Sonic

Attack Two: [roll6]
Crit Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]Physical+[roll9]Sonic
Crit Damage: [roll10]Physical+[roll11]Sonic

AC this round: 20 (21 versus Dom I just attacked)

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-22, 09:01 PM
I should do what Brian did--
Jab Damage: [roll0] then add [roll1] for Streetfighting.

It appears I rolled a natural 1 for my hook, so here's the Critical failure test:
[roll2]

This is to see if Mr. Eden rolled a critical failure. . .
It occurs to me that I didn't factor in my combination bonus to the hook, or the attack bonus to jab, which should have been a +2. Either way, there we are. That would have made my base attack for the hook a 9. Either way, probably not a hit.

I think Brian probably goes first on account of his higher dexterity, but Hunter picks the biggest, butchest, most unsexy of the dominatrices and hit her with a left jab/right hook combo.

Jab: [roll0]
Hook: [roll1]

I take a free action to reflect ruefully that when I said I wanted to be a boxer who killed rapists as per Pulp Fiction, this wasn't exactly what I meant.

BDEYE
2009-01-25, 10:56 AM
As you close for combat, the shadows in the far corners of the room seem to shift. Dozens of stern leather-clad women rush out towards you, pummeling you with paddlings and whippings. It is then that you realize that you are not simply facing a group of Dominatri. You are facing a Dominatrix Swarm! Hunter and Brian come in swinging, sending goth chicks flying in all directions, but while Brian's sonic attack seems unusually effective the purely physical aspects of your attacks don't work very well on the unceasing hordes. In the meantime, the constant assault wears all of you down:

Swarm damage:
Hunter:
Brian: [roll1]
Brendan: [roll2]
Alex: [roll3]

In the meantime, the B-Train enters the fray:
Attack roll: [roll4]
Damage: [roll] 1d6+6+1d6+1d4
Crit Conf: 1d20+12

BDEYE
2009-01-25, 11:00 AM
Trying again:
Damage: [roll0]
Elemental: [roll1]
Streetfighting: [roll2]
Crit Conf: [roll3]

"Remember the plan!" I cry out.

BDEYE
2009-01-25, 11:02 AM
And Alex is up.

souldoubt
2009-01-25, 11:57 PM
I attack the darkness!

Er, that is, Alex attacks into the darkness that houses aforesaid Dominatrix Swarm, with a combination assault.

Combaty rules-type stuff:

Heart Punch:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Body Blow:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

No criticals, I think, so a whopping 2 damage from the first attack, and 5 from the second, assuming either of them hit. :smallyuk:

I don't know if the Dominatrix Swarm is subject to the additional effects of my attacks but if so they (it?) must make successful Fortitude saves against DC 18. The first time it is used in combat, Heart Punch threatens to stun the target, and Body Blow simply accrues a -1 dodge penalty -- once again, assuming the attacks hit and are affective against a swarm.

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-26, 08:41 AM
I don't know whose turn it is, but it seems like I'm up soon.

Standard Action: Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm just rolling for sonic damage now; no point in rolling physical damage.

"Use a fireball on 'em" I yell at Hunter.

I use my Move action to retreat from the Dominatrix Swarm. I will try to go back by the hidden door.

BDEYE
2009-01-26, 05:43 PM
((Physical damage is only halved, actually.))

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-26, 07:11 PM
Oops. Here is my physical damage:

[roll0]

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-27, 06:39 PM
Hunter raises his arms and releases the solar essence of the Left-Handed Hummingbird.
"Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Magic Missile! Huitzilopochtli!"

[roll0]

BDEYE
2009-01-27, 07:51 PM
The burst of elemental energy rushes through the small chamber, ripping Dominatri asunder and dispersing the swarm. A few of them are still alive but unable to move; the rest have retreated into the shadows that begot them or have been ripped into bloody chunks.

Cid squirms in his restraints, his jumpsuit stained with gore.

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-27, 08:20 PM
The battle over, Hunter slashes Cid's bonds with his claws and helps up the beleaguered engineer.
"Are you alright?" he asks. "I only know of one man who could take that much punishment from that many dominatrices."

BDEYE
2009-01-28, 08:16 PM
"I'm okay," he says, as he frees himself from bondage. "I didn't mind it as much as I thought I might... I guess I have some thinking to do... Anyway, you need somebody to steer this puppy?"

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-28, 10:08 PM
"Yes, you should steer it to the nearest Crystal! I know, with a probability bordering on certainty, that some technology in this airship allows you to hone in on the four Crystals. Admit it, Cid," Brian says.

souldoubt
2009-01-29, 12:08 AM
Alex nods thoughtfully. "Hmm, yes, Brian makes a good point. If this airship didn't have some way to hone in on the location of the Crystals, that would make operating it in pursuit of finding said Crystals much more complicated, introducing all kinds of unnecessary variables into our search -- and as we all know, Occam's Razor states that the simplest answer, that with the fewest variables, is most often correct. So logically it seems Brian must have hit upon the correct answer."

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-29, 06:40 PM
"Wow," says Hunter. "Somebody maxed out their ranks in Knowledge: Scientific Theory. Personally, I'm guessing that the first Crystal is going to be the Earth one, because Earth always seems to end up as the wussy-ass bitch element."

BDEYE
2009-01-29, 08:15 PM
Brendan broods silently. Cid is momentarily lost in thought. "Well... what about this?" He removes a computer chips from his belly pouch. Printed on the front of it is a smiling cartoon character dressed like Indiana Jones. "It's a Questboy! All we need to do is install it into the piloting computer. Follow me!"

Cid leaves the hidden chamber and guides the companions to a room near the main propeller in front of the ship. Inside is a series of equipment banks, a view screen next to a window, and a big wheel. Cid spends some time installing the Questboy module.

"Here we go!"

Four options appear on the view screen:

1. The Glitter Forest of Trylas Leafbringer

2. Vault 13

3. ?

4. Beloit, Wisconsin

Cid takes the wheel. "So where to, fellas?"

MoxexPenNama
2009-01-29, 09:03 PM
"It's been awhile since I went to Beloit," says Hunter. "But I've always wanted to visit Vault 13 also. Decisions, decisions, decisions. . ."

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-01-30, 12:07 AM
"I vote for Vault 13," says Brian.

souldoubt
2009-02-02, 12:03 AM
Alex shrugs. "My natural curiosity prompts me to choose '?' but if others are in favor of Vault 13, I have no objections."

It's not entirely clear, even to Alex himself, how he managed to pronounce "?" but it seems to work somehow.

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-04, 01:41 AM
"Then Vault 13 it shall be," says Hunter. "Take us there, Cid. Now, where'd we hide all those Stimpaks and Iguana-on-a-Stick?"

BDEYE
2009-02-04, 06:54 PM
"Very good!" Cid says enthusiastically. "To Vault 13!"

The world below fades away into a Mode 7 blur as the USS Limonov ((I'm DMing, I get to name the airship)) travels towards its destination. You have a few hours to do as you please before...

((Spot and Listen checks, y'all. Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]))

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-05, 07:40 AM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

souldoubt
2009-02-06, 05:01 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-07, 11:01 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

BDEYE
2009-02-08, 10:45 AM
B Train suddenly ceases his brooding. He walks purposefully to the rear of the ship and sniffs the air. His eyes narrow.

"I think **** just got real."

Off in the distance, peaking through the cloud cover, you see three dark shapes, a big one and two small ones, other airships heading towards you and quickly gaining.

The Train spins around dramatically. "I have a plan. Cid, is this ship armed?"

Cid nods. "We have a cannon and some bombs."

"In that case, assume battle stations."

I turn to the rest of you.

"We also have a cargo hold full of hot chicks with melee weapons- if they could be persuaded to help."

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-09, 08:17 PM
"Where are these hot chicks with melee weapons?" I ask Cid. "I would have liked a cargo hold full of hot goth vampire chicks with two Desert Eagles, but this will have to suffice for now."

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-10, 08:58 PM
"Careful," says Hunter. "Once the sadomasochistic lust of the goth chicks is released, there may be no containing it!"

BDEYE
2009-02-10, 11:01 PM
"They don't have to like us, they only have to respect us. It will be uneasy alliance. But who shall make the proposal? You know I suck at talking to girls and stuff."

souldoubt
2009-02-10, 11:14 PM
"The two best negotiators should go, I think."

((Not to metagame, but the person with the best Diplomacy should go, accompanied by the next best who can roll and Aid Another Diplomacy check. I have a +4 on Diplomacy, but I don't have links to your character sheets anymore -- I'm pretty sure the recruitment thread has been deleted.))

BDEYE
2009-02-11, 12:03 AM
((As I implied, I got exactly jack in Diplomacy.))

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-11, 01:24 PM
"I suppose I'll have to convince the hot chicks with melee weapons to help us out," I say. "After all, I do have a +5 to Diplomacy."

souldoubt
2009-02-11, 01:28 PM
Alex nods. "Yes. Brian, you should go with Hunter. His experience as a hotelier has doubtless given him a +6 in Diplomacy."

BDEYE
2009-02-12, 11:07 PM
"Go, then," says Brendan, pleased by the leadership roll his rockin' spot check seems to have thrust him into. "But act quickly, for time is short."

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-13, 09:48 PM
Hunter nods with determination, setting his oversized jaw and stepping towards the doorway down to the hold where wait the goth chick swarm--angels to some, demons to others.
"Ready, Brian?" he says.

BDEYE
2009-02-15, 12:54 AM
The door to the hidden chamber awaits, as the enemy airships continue to gain on the USS Limonov.

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-16, 08:17 PM
I run to the room filled with hot chicks and melee weapons.

I have to wait 22 seconds...killing time...killing time...killing time...killing time...killing time...killing time...killing time...killing time...

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-19, 06:53 PM
I'm right there with Brian. Slowly, I open the door.
"Hot chicks," I say in my most courteous hotelier's voice. "We have a proposition for you. How would you like to vent the frustration of defeat AND get off at the same time by helping us beat the living sh-t out a bunch of Square Soft corporate officers? Just think--these alpha males in their business suits and military uniforms secretly want nothing more than to be scourged, buggered, beaten, thrashed, and made to prance around in pansy-looking dresses by hot, empowered women. Whaddya say?"

Diplomacy:[roll0]

BDEYE
2009-02-19, 08:29 PM
Even with Brian's assistance, Hunter's honeyed words fall on deaf ears. The dominatri stay where they are, sheaved in darkness.

"We're out of time!" Brendan shouts from outside. "I have a plan! Wait until they try and board the ship, beat the snot out of them, and take advantage of any opportunities to swing from one ship to another because that looks awesome!"

((Planning check: [roll0]. Initiative: [roll1] Everyone has one round in which to prepare yourselves. Declare your actions and roll initiative.))

souldoubt
2009-02-21, 01:27 PM
"Damn it!" Alex shouts, readying himself. "If only they'd had the time to take 10 on that Diplomacy check!"

((With Brian's aid, which he'd have to roll a Diplomacy check vs. DC 10 to give, Hunter's result would be 14, but that's still probably not enough.))

souldoubt
2009-02-21, 01:37 PM
[roll0]

[Assuming there is some kind of door that the enemy is going to bust through, probably with a shower of sparks, as always happens in this sort of situation, Alex is going to ready an action to sprint and Tumble past anyone on the other side in order to A) flank them; B) get across to the other ship; and C) look like a badass.]

[roll1]

[Feel free to use the 10 + enemy's base attack bonus method for determining DC to avoid AoO for tumbling past whatever horrors lie beyond, rather than the stupid flat 15 DC method (which would be completely impossible for me to fail against)]

[EDIT: ahahaha, natural 1]

souldoubt
2009-02-21, 01:42 PM
[I guess I need to roll a Tumble check for each enemy whose threatened area I tumble through, so here's some more rolls.]

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-21, 09:30 PM
Just for the hell of it, I'm going to Hide somewhere and try to ambush anybody who enters my space.

Hide: [roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-23, 09:46 PM
Hunter stretches his shoulders, rolls his head around, raises his fists and assumes meatshield stance.
"Listen," I say. "The Goth chicks have learned to fear us, but they may still shred alive anybody thrown into their quarters. If all else fails, push the enemy back towards the hold where they lie in wait!"
Initiative:[roll0]

BDEYE
2009-02-24, 06:40 PM
Cid assumes control of your ship's cannons as the other three airships close in. The two smaller ones pull up along either side of your ship while the third, larger, slower one closes in on the rear propeller from above. A massive warrior in black plate armor that completely conceals his face stands at the head of the larger airship. He is flanked by two elderly men, one wearing long red robes, the other blue.

The black knight bellows as electricity crackles through his armor.
"KILL THEM ALL!"

A crew of 5 Square-Imperial soldiers swings over from each of the two side ships.

((Prepare for set piece, gentleman:

Initiative:
Cid: [roll0]
Black Knight: [roll1]
Red Mage: [roll2]
Blue Mage: [roll3]
SS soldier 1: [roll4]
SS soldier 2: [roll5]
SS soldier 3: [roll6]
SS soldier 4: [roll7]
SS soldier 5: [roll8]
SS soldier 6: [roll9]
SS soldier 7: [roll10]
SS soldier 8: [roll11]
SS soldier 9: [roll12]
SS soldier 10: [roll13]))

BDEYE
2009-02-24, 06:44 PM
((And lest I forget:

Big airship gunner Initiative: [roll0]
Small airship 1 gunner: [roll1]
Small airship 2 gunner: [roll2]))

BDEYE
2009-02-24, 07:01 PM
((This is going to be ridiculous. SLASH AWESOME!!!

Initiative order:

Hunter
S3
S8
S10
S6
Brian
Western ship guns
Alex
S4
Cid (w/our guns)
S2
Black Knight
S7
Red Mage
S1
S9
The Train
Blue Mage
Eastern ship guns
Big ship guns

I'll try to come up with a map soon, but basically:

S1-S5 preparing to swing on board from the western small airship (sorry Alex, no bulkhead)

S6-S10 preparing to swing on board from the east

Black Knight w/ hench-mages still approaching from above

We're all on the top deck of our now-surrounded ship, on the western side of the cabin that roughly cuts the deck in half. We're near the secret door- the not-secret door Cid went through to get to the control room is also on the western side of the cabin.

And I know this seems crazy complicated, but things will almost-certainly shake out quickly, I promise. Hunter is up. Nobody to swing at yet, but he can ready an action to the tune of "wallop anything that gets near me" if he chooses.))

BDEYE
2009-02-24, 07:02 PM
((Also, if y'all could repost links to your sheets that'd help. Thank you much.))

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-25, 09:42 PM
Hunter ducks low into his best boxing stance, brandishing his Mexican Pit-Fighting Knuckles of the Jaguar +3 and waiting for the first target to come anywhere within striking range.
"Alright, gentleman," he says. "I'm holding my action for the round. Which of you motherf-ckers wants to test my base attack bonus?"

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-25, 11:22 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59348

there is my character sheet

souldoubt
2009-02-26, 03:11 PM
I link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59401) therefore I am.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

BDEYE
2009-02-26, 08:32 PM
One of the soldiers attempts to swing in but the west, but he loses his grip on the rope he's using mid-swing and falls into the gap between the two ships. His screams quickly disappear as he plummets down to earth. Three of the other soldiers swing on board from the other direction. Two of them are on the other side of the cabin from the main group, while one of them sets himself down at the head of the cabin, near the cluster of barrels that serve as Brian's hiding place. He doesn't notice Brian but is well within striking distance.

((Brian's up, +1 planning bonus))

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-02-27, 11:02 AM
I leave my hiding place and attack the guard who is closest to me, the one who set down by me.

attack 1
[roll0]
crit 1 [roll1]
damage 1 [roll2]
crit dam 1 [roll3]
sonic 1 [roll4]

attack 2 [roll5]
crit 2 [roll6]
damage 2 [roll7]
crit damage 2 [roll8]
sonic 2 [roll9]

I declare my Dodge bonus against this guy. If I kill this guy, I declare my dodge bonus against the nearest enemy to me.

BDEYE
2009-02-27, 06:13 PM
Brian's first blow lands squarely on the side of the soldier's head, shattering his eardrum with sonic power and fracturing his skull with big-stickiness. The soldier falls over and is put out of misery by the second blow.

The western airship fires it's cannons at the side of our ship, but the armor holds for now.

((Alex is up))

souldoubt
2009-02-27, 07:13 PM
Alex rushes the nearest boarder, brandishing his Polar Claws +3 and loosing a cry of "Heart Punch!" as he lunges at his foe.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Because this is the first time I've used Heart Punch in this encounter, the target is considered flat-footed. Because he's flat-footed, he must make a Fortitude save against DC 18 or be stunned for 1 round (unless I just killed him, of course).

As Brian did, I'm going to declare my Dodge bonus against my target, unless I kill him in which case I declare it against he nearest still-living opponent.

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-27, 08:26 PM
And heeeeeeeeeeeere's Hunter:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59972

MoxexPenNama
2009-02-27, 08:55 PM
Hunter, tired of waiting, goes for the nearest soldier, throwing a murderous left jab/right hook combination:
Jab:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Hook:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

BDEYE
2009-02-28, 12:18 AM
Hunter and Alex both run over to the eastern side of the cabin and pounce upon two soldiers as they land on the ship, quickly and efficiently pounding each one into the deck and killing them.

BDEYE
2009-02-28, 01:14 AM
As Cid fires our ship's western guns, the small airship to our west bobs down quickly, causing our cannonballs to fly harmlessly over the top of the ship but also throwing off the aim of one of the enemy soldiers attempting to swing over and causing him to fall to his death. We fire again on the eastern ship and score a direct hit, shaking the entire ship and causing the soldiers on deck to both fall prone. On the west side, another brave soldier swings over to the deck and slashes at the B-Train as soon as he's landed. His swing cuts only the air as the Train drops into a spin heel kick, knocking the soldier's feet out from under him.

Aboard the rapidly approaching large airship, the man in red robes waves his hands provocatively. Brian feels his muscles spasm and lock up, but is able to resist the magic and keep moving. Good thing to, as another soldier from the west swings over and misses with a sword attack. On the opposite side of the deck, yet another soldier swings over, attacks Hunter, and cuts into his shoulder with what feels to be an enchanted blade. (3 damage).

In the meantime, I kneel down and hit the soldier that just missed me hard in the throat, nearly killing him. A moment later, I am hit from behind by a magical ray from the man in blue robes. I feel the strength drain away from my body and I slump over, barely able to move. With another wave of his arm the blue mage summons a dark horse into existence, which the man in black armor calmly mounts.

Finally, the approaching large airship and the eastern ship fire their guns simultaneously, ripping through our armor and damaging the inner workings of our ship. We leave a trail of thick black smoke behind us as we hurtle through the sky.

((DC 15 reflex save to remain standing, fall prone otherwise. New Initiative order:

Brian
Western ship guns
Hunter
Alex
Cid (w/our guns)
S2
Black Knight
S7
Red Mage
S1
S9
The Train
Blue Mage
Eastern ship guns
Big ship guns

MoxexPenNama
2009-03-01, 08:08 PM
Hunter attempts some fancy boxing footwork to steady himself.
Reflex Save:[roll0]

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-03-02, 06:38 AM
Reflex save: [roll0]

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-03-02, 06:45 AM
I run up and attack the person who is within 30 feet of me. If I can, I will attack the dude who just attacked the B-Train.

((OOC: Would a map be too much to ask for?))

Attack 1: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

S.K.U.M.M.
2009-03-02, 06:46 AM
Oops. Here is my Sonic damage for the two attacks:

[roll0]
[roll1]

BDEYE
2009-03-02, 12:31 PM
Brian shatters a rib with his first strike and a hip with his second, leaving the enemy soldier hanging onto life by a thread.

BDEYE
2009-03-02, 12:49 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooo
oooooooooxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooxooooooooo
ooooooooxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxoooooooo
ooooooooxooooooooooo1gooooooooooooooooxoooooooo
oooooooxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxooooooo
oooooooxooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxooe7ooooooxooooooo
oooooooxooooooooooxoooooooooxooooooooooxooooooo
ooooooxoooooooooooxoooooooooxoooooooooooxoooooo
ooooooxoooooooooooAoooooooooxoooooooooooxoooooo
oooooxooooooooooooxoooooooooxoooo9oooooooxooooo
oooooxooooooooooooxoooooooooxoooocoooooooxooooo
oooooxooooooooooooxoooooooooxooooooooooooxooooo
oooooxooooooooooooxoooooooooxooooooooooooxooooo
oooooxoooooo2oooooxoooooooooxooooooooooooxooooo
oooooxoooooodoooooBoooooooooxooooooooooooxooooo
oooooxooooooooooooBoooooooooxooooooooooooxooooo
oooooxooooooooooooBoooooooooxooooooooooooxooooo
oooooxooooooooooooxoooooooooxoooooooooooox[/COLOR]ooooo

BDEYE
2009-03-02, 01:15 PM
((There's a couple of glitches that you'll just have to figure out, because the code for that thing would make your eyes explode if you saw it. Lower case letters are the last names of the PCs, door AAA leads to goth chicks, door BBB leads to Cid and the control room. There's two small ships to the west and east, the eastern of which has taken some damage, and a huge ship descending from the north with two mages and the now-mounted black knight.))

BDEYE
2009-03-02, 01:23 PM
The western ship fires its cannons, but on a low tick- the cannonballs glance almost harmlessly off the bottom part of the ship.

((Hunter is up.))

BDEYE
2009-03-14, 08:50 AM
((If somebody talks to Hunter could they please yell at him to post?))