PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Updating Old Monsters

ondonaflash
2009-01-08, 07:29 PM
I could use some help updating the following monsters for 3.5 edition:

Bealorn
Ogrillion

If you could post your suggestions in the Monster Manual format that would be very useful. I think Bealorn is probably a template, so if you choose you can just write out the template. Any help is very much appreciated.

Debihuman
2009-01-08, 11:42 PM
I could use some help updating the following monsters for 3.5 edition:

Bealorn
Ogrillion

If you could post your suggestions in the Monster Manual format that would be very useful. I think Bealorn is probably a template, so if you choose you can just write out the template. Any help is very much appreciated.

You can find the Ogrillion in Necromancer Games' Revised Tome of Horrors for 3.5. I'm not sure if the baelnorn has been revised for 3.5.
Debby

RTGoodman
2009-01-08, 11:45 PM
Also, the Baelnorn (assuming that's what you're talking about) is in, IIRC, the Monsters of Faerun book. I don't know if it's different from LM's Good Lich template, but I know it's there.

DracoDei
2009-01-09, 12:41 AM
Failing that: I THINK the Ascendant Councilor from Ebberon might be CLOSE to a Balenorn, but it isn't a template...

newbDM
2009-01-09, 02:38 AM
You can find the Ogrillion in Necromancer Games' Revised Tome of Horrors for 3.5. I'm not sure if the baelnorn has been revised for 3.5.
Debby

Agreed. A great book. Alla bout converting older edition material to 3.5. However, it is insanely hard to find a copy. I have been looking for quite a while, just for the image of the Cat Lord (in a great scene with the Mouse Lord). :smallfrown:

Here is the author's site, with free conversions:
http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/index.php

Or at least I believe this is what it is. It is on enworld.org, but for the life of me I can not find a link to this on the enworld.org homepage, or any of it's links. Can someone else please shed some light on this?

newbDM
2009-01-09, 02:41 AM
Oops. Stupid me.

I just checked the site again, and the Ogrillon (slightly different spelling than OP, but I think it's the same) is on there in both a PDF and HTML format.

Debihuman
2009-01-09, 12:40 PM
Just to let everyone know -- RPGNow.com still has Tome of Horrors Revised for $7.99. Granted, it's a pdf and not a book but it's readily available. IIRC, the 3.0 book came out in hardback and as a pdf but the revised edition only ever came out as pdf.

Monsters of Faerūn is a 3.0 book not a 3.5 book. The closest update for the baelnorn is the good lich template in Libris Mortis.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to update the baelnorn.

Debby

RTGoodman
2009-01-09, 03:37 PM
Just to let everyone know -- RPGNow.com still has Tome of Horrors Revised for $7.99. Granted, it's a pdf and not a book but it's readily available. IIRC, the 3.0 book came out in hardback and as a pdf but the revised edition only ever came out as pdf.

Either way their definitely worth it. I got the hardback 3.0 version at a used book store for about $10, and I actually managed to get the PDF 3.5 revised version for FREE from RPGNow when they had a big PDF giveaway a couple of years back.

Monsters of Faerūn is a 3.0 book not a 3.5 book. The closest update for the baelnorn is the good lich template in Libris Mortis.

If something was printed in 3.0 and was never reprinted in 3.5, then you can still use the 3.0 version as normal (though you may need to change about a few skill points or feats or some stuff with DR). That's how people still use the full blade (from the 3.0 A&EG) and lot of other stuff.

DracoDei
2009-01-09, 04:38 PM
That page (the one with about 50 updated monsters) seems like a pretty good resource just in general.

ondonaflash
2009-01-09, 05:35 PM
Wow, you have all been very helpful, thank you for all of that.