PDA

View Full Version : Llama231's First Semi-Organized vs. Thread

Llama231
2009-01-08, 10:46 PM
O.K.
These will hopefully going to be a new, working type of vs. thread.
They will be different from normal in that there will be voting for each side, which can be changed.
To vote, you say what you think would win in the given scenerios. If someone makes you change your mind, or you just did yourself, you can post again with the change, but you must note the change. Each person only has one vote.
Please state why you are voting for your choice, and consider the event. Do not just go with you favorite, or with the protagonist with their plot shield.

Now:
The first vs. that I present is The Doctor vs. The Joker.

Here is the setting:
The 10th doctor is traveling (without a companion), in an average mood. He ends up in Gotham City during the beginning of the events in The Dark Knight. The Joker has just mostly taken over the mob and wants to terrorize the city. No named characters besides The Doctor and The Joker are present for no specified reason other than to focus on the two. The Joker's henchmen capture the TARDIS while the Doctor is exploring, and bring it to him. the Joker tries to get inside, but cannot. The Doctor realizes that his TARDIS was stolen. The Joker publicly asks the city for the owner of the TARDIS to let him use it without problems or loopholes, or he will kill a person every day. The local arthorities are present, but Gordon is not, due to the lack of other named character.

The Joker has access to everything that he had by about the middle of The Dark Knight, and goes about the same plans, excluding named characters. he has most of the mob on his side, and lots of explosives, etc. He has nothing from outside The Dark Knight.
He wins if he can get into the TARDIS AND kill/gt rid of The Doctor as a threat.

The Doctor does not have the TARDIS, as it has been taken, and is under heavy gaurd in a secure location. No one has any prior contact with The doctor. He has his sonic screwdriver and seemingly magic pockets. I repeat, he does not have a companion, but he is not in a particularly good or bad move.
He wins if he can eliminate The Joker as a threat to Gotham City AND get the TARDIS back and get away alive, with minimal casualties.

When they first meet, The Joker is amused by The Doctor and does not want to kill him. (Yet.)

Currently the voting goes:

The Doctor: 4

The Joker: 0

Edits:
Gorden changed to Gordon.
Partner changed to companion.

Szilard
2009-01-08, 10:50 PM
Who is Gorden?

Ozymandias
2009-01-08, 10:51 PM
Who is Gorden?

Supposed to be Gordon, as in Commissioner Jim, I imagine.

Jansviper
2009-01-08, 11:05 PM
You're kidding right?

>> Maybe this would be a fair matchup for any other incarnation, but the Tenth is even more of a hardass than even the Seventh was. "No second chances." remember?

The Tenth wouldn't treat the symptoms, he's solve the bloody problem. Gotham would be minus one Joker.

Szilard
2009-01-08, 11:06 PM
Thanks, I haven't seen The Dark Night, and I don't remember too many names from Batman Begins.

Onto the Vs. thing...

First item of interest, why would the Joker's henchmen capture the TARDIS at all? It's just a wacky British phone booth. There is also reason to believe it emits a signal which makes it generally unnoticeable to a passerby. If they captured it, they must have known about its function. Knowing about it would probably require little more than the internet and a couple hours of mindless research, but why would they do that?

Jansviper
2009-01-08, 11:23 PM
People capture the TARDIS all the time. Doesn't mean they can get into it.

Szilard
2009-01-08, 11:28 PM
Generally, the people who capture the TARDIS are either aliens or some secret organization that would be knowledgeable of the TARDIS. Why would the Joker's henchmen know about the TARDIS? They would basically be stealing a "worthless" phone booth, if they decided to take it.

Jansviper
2009-01-08, 11:36 PM
"Hey looky here, what the **** is that thing?"
"Dunno, looks weird. Break it open."
"The hell? Its sealed or some ****."
"Oh."
"Blow it up?"
"Do you even need to ask?"

~J~10~J~10~J~

*TARDIS isn't scratched.*

"Okay, the boss might want to see this crazy thing."

Dervag
2009-01-09, 04:49 AM
Yeah. Either they get tipped off by one of the Doctor's "real" enemies, or some unusually perceptive member of the gang spots it. In the second case, they wonder what the heck a British phone booth is doing in Gotham, and figure that they'll steal it and use it for some kind of heist later because it's just so effing weird to have one show up in an American city.

It's a bit farfetched, but farfetched actions aren't all that uncommon in either the Doctor Who setting or the Joker's behavior.

Llama231
2009-01-09, 09:42 AM
If you need to link it to Dr. Who more, you can use this:
The Joker starts with a "The", followed by a two syllable word. He is constantly acted by many actors, (as far as I have heard) which could represent regenerations. Also, no one seems to kill him. The Joker is a time lord.

OR just go with what Dervag and Jansviper say, it makes a lot more sense.

So, do we have any votes yet?

Athaniar
2009-01-09, 01:17 PM
Hm, haven't seen that much of the Tenth Doctor, but the Doctor in general is indeed a worthy adversary, knowledgeable in things and events concerning millions of planets and spanning millennia. Venusian Aikido comes to mind. Even if the Joker's men think they've killed him, he will regenerate into the 11th Doctor (if they don't blow him up or anything). While the Joker is very resourceful (and the best movie villain EVER, as of The Dark Knight), I'll have to go with the Doctor.

Llama231
2009-01-09, 07:36 PM
Finally!
We have a vote!
1 for The Doctor.

WitchSlayer
2009-01-10, 02:57 AM
People give a lot of credit to the Joker.
Way too much credit to the Joker.
I'll go with the Doctor.

Z-dan
2009-01-10, 04:34 AM
Ultimate hero versus ultimate supervillain? The heroes always win :smalltongue: I vote Doctor. Especially if he's got a sonic screwdriver.

Llama231
2009-01-10, 12:13 PM
2 more for The Doctor!:smallsmile:

Edit: How many votes should one get to win?
I would like to have an ending point.

Llama231
2009-01-14, 08:08 PM
Well, this thread seems to be pretty obvious who would win.
I have another "cheezier" versus idea that has more potential than this, and was wondering when I should post it.

Canadian
2009-01-14, 09:23 PM
The Doctor would win. He'd win twice if he had a pack of jelly babies.

Llama231
2009-01-14, 10:42 PM
Another for The Doctor.
Does anyone support The Joker?

WitchSlayer
2009-01-15, 05:42 AM
Ultimate hero versus ultimate supervillain? The heroes always win :smalltongue: I vote Doctor. Especially if he's got a sonic screwdriver.

Pfft, Joker, the ultimate supervillain? He's an amateur compared to Lex Luthor. Now there's a guy who might stand a chance. Lex Luthor.

Llama231
2009-01-15, 09:49 AM
Pfft, Joker, the ultimate supervillain? He's an amateur compared to Lex Luthor. Now there's a guy who might stand a chance. Lex Luthor.

I do not know much about either, so I cannot argue.