PDA

View Full Version : I just realized who the Oracle reminds me of!

mockingbyrd7
2009-01-09, 02:59 PM
Miracle Max from the Princess Bride!

I hear their voices almost the exact same way in my head. They serve similar purposes in the story...

Does anyone else see this?

Mr.Bookworm
2009-01-09, 03:06 PM
*thinks about the Oracle*

I never thought about it, but it's a perfect fit.

Nice catch.

factotum
2009-01-09, 04:57 PM
Except if he WAS fulfilling the same story role as Miracle Max he would have been able to resurrect Roy.

Mr.Bookworm
2009-01-09, 05:02 PM
Except if he WAS fulfilling the same story role as Miracle Max he would have been able to resurrect Roy.

It's more of a personality and archetype thing. (IE, short cranky old bastard with magical powers that reluctantly helps the heroes.)

B.I.T.T.
2009-01-09, 05:03 PM
Ohh yeaaaah....I hadn't thought of it until now, but I totally could see Billy Crystal voicing the kobold oracle.

zillion ninjas
2009-01-09, 05:06 PM

I dunno about that. By the time Team Haley reached the oracle after leaving AC, Roy was clearly much more than mostly dead (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes#qt0482780). They were well past the point of going through his clothes and looking for loose change.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-01-09, 10:55 PM
It's more of a personality and archetype thing. (IE, short cranky old bastard with magical powers that reluctantly helps the heroes.)

The thing is, Max had an interest in humiliating the BBEG in that movie (I forget his name). The Oracle probably doesn't care what happens with the OotS, Azure City, Xykon, or anyone else. He probably Even knows that it's going to be a bunch of ragtag KOBOLD adventurers who take control of the Snarl for the benefit of Tiamat

Furthermore, when offered what he wanted, Max did whatever he could to help Wesley. The Oracle has held out before for no other reason than cheap amusement.

T-O-E
2009-01-10, 12:40 AM
So all non-cameo kobolds are parallels to characters from 'The Princess Bride'?

Kish
2009-01-10, 01:12 AM
This is a parody of the "I just realized who Celia reminds me of" thread, right?

Raging Gene Ray
2009-01-10, 01:24 AM
This is a parody of the "I just realized who Celia reminds me of" thread, right?

I'd call it a homage. A parody thread would make no sense whatsoever, but the OP seems to have put some thought into this.

CarpeGuitarrem
2009-01-10, 02:05 AM
HAHAHAHA, what an observation...

Cutsleeve
2009-01-10, 04:45 AM
I always imagined him with the voice or Gilbert Godfried.

mockingbyrd7
2009-01-10, 01:08 PM

Nope, pure coincidence. I've never seen that thread.

I never said it was a PERFECT match, I just thought, "Hey. That's cool."

^^ That's what I was going for.

Beans
2009-01-10, 01:16 PM
Yokyok and the Oracle, yes. Yikyik? I think he isn't.