PDA

View Full Version : Cppd

The Neoclassic
2009-01-10, 02:51 AM
The Cliffport Police Department or CPPD are a parody of a real-world police department, or perhaps more accurately, of a real-life police department as depicted in TV-series.

Oh, wikipedia, why must you have so few citations?

Does anyone know what this is possibly referring to and if it has any basis? The only police dep't I know of fictionalized in a TV show is Reno 911, but I don't know anything about it so I've no idea if it is referring to this or not. Or if someone just slipped this into the wikipedia article without basis.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-10, 02:53 AM
I don't watch much TV, but I know police forces are often shown to be like that.

Zeful
2009-01-10, 03:01 AM
Oh, wikipedia, why must you have so few citations?

Does anyone know what this is possibly referring to and if it has any basis? The only police dep't I know of fictionalized in a TV show is Reno 911, but I don't know anything about it so I've no idea if it is referring to this or not. Or if someone just slipped this into the wikipedia article without basis.

NYPD Blue and Law and Order come to mind. Though you might be able to squeeze CSI and it's ilk in.

evileeyore
2009-01-10, 08:27 AM
NYPD Blue and Law and Order come to mind. Though you might be able to squeeze CSI and it's ilk in.

These are the ones I could think (having watched them):

Baretta
Cagney & Lacey
COPS
Dragnet
Hill Street Blues
Hunter
Law & Order
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
NYPD Blue
Reno 911!