PDA

View Full Version : Skins Trailer's Up

Kaelaroth
2009-01-10, 07:35 AM
I imagine the culturally and intellectually refined members of the playground won't give a damn about Skins, this rude UK, channel 4 television program, with its naughty storylines and controversial cast change.

Even so, here's the trailer (http://www.e4.com/video/LnWIkVMEcgVFebVFeT43h/play.e4), and extended/better (http://www.e4.com/video/1FWyS7RwWE6ENkZQyLdxQt/play.e4) version.

Om
2009-01-10, 07:55 AM
You joking? I'd imagine that the ever-so-trendy Skins appeals primarily to the scions of the "culturally and intellectually refined" middle class. No program ever struck me as being so self-consciously rude, naughty, and controversial. The formula is simple - take age-old theme of teenage rebellion, place against a Little England backdrop, throw in a few modern cultural references, and wrap it all up with a pumping soundtrack :smallwink:

Kaelaroth
2009-01-10, 07:56 AM
You joking? I'd imagine that the ever-so-trendy Skins appeals primarily to the scions of the "culturally and intellectually refined" middle class. No program ever struck me as being so self-consciously rude, naughty, and controversial. The formula is simple - take age-old theme of teenage rebellion, place against a Little England backdrop, throw in a few modern cultural references, and wrap it all up with a pumping soundtrack :smallwink:

Really? I'd always thought the people here would poo-poo it out of some need to prove how their intellect stems from BOOKS and THINGS, rather than creatively amazing stuff as featured on Skins.
But hey, what do I know?
And, I'm assuming you like it, then, from your appreciative comments?

Om
2009-01-10, 10:02 AM
Skins is painfully hip (and irritatingly smug about the fact) and has a tendency to indulge in adolescent self-harm solely to shock, but its still a decent show.... if not nearly as good as its writers think it is. I'm not particularly excited about the next series but will probably follow it. Besides its always good to see young talent get an airing, even if they're pretentious wankers