PDA

View Full Version : Refrence to OotS!

Babale
2009-01-11, 12:20 AM
In this old comic, I found a refrence to OotS:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Stickman_and_Cube/index.php?p=437261

After a stickman gets drunk, he tells the bartender: "I coulda been, been that guy in xkcd. With the hat. Or, or some extra in Order o' th' Stick."

First: YAY! A refrence!

Second: Who WOULDN'T want to be a OotS extra?!

He'd make a great troll.

FriskyDingo
2009-01-11, 12:27 AM
Haha. Black Hat Man. Made me chuckle :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though, as an extra in OOTS he could have had great potential...see Daigo and Kazumi.

TheSummoner
2009-01-11, 12:39 AM
Lets not forget Goblin Dan! I minor background character in a single strip turned millionaire.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-11, 01:15 AM
Dork Tower also made a few references to the Order. I'd post a link to the strips, but I forgot them.

Morgan Wick
2009-01-12, 03:41 AM
Order of the Stick is one of the most popular webcomics on the Internet (well, relatively; its popularity probably pales with, say, Penny Arcade), a surefire member of any webcomic hall of fame, read and loved by most of the major players in the community, and one of a select group of comics popular enough for its creator to make enough on T-shirts and books to quit his day job.

Stickman and Cube is a small comic in the woods of DrunkDuck that gets all its ideas from pulling up random pages on TV Tropes and that, thanks to spamming itself everywhere on said site, probably owes 90% of what small following it has to TV Tropes. (Note the author's comment referencing the last panel.) And we all know what TV Tropes' favorite webcomic is.

Of course S&C knows about and is going to namedrop OOTS. Hell, he was probably hoping he could attract some attention or "credibility" from the namedrop, as though xkcd or Order of the Stick gave a damn. I probably shouldn't be surprised this thread showed up; even Wikipedia still goes ga-ga over the slightest reference to itself.

(This message brought to you by Sandsday, a small comic in the woods of the Internet that gets all its ideas from pulling up random pages on TV Tropes.)

factotum
2009-01-12, 07:34 AM
There was a double-page spread in Girl Genius that referenced about half a dozen webcomics, the Order amongst them...it was when Agatha first arrived at Mechanicsburg.

Nimrod's Son
2009-01-13, 01:58 AM
Order of the Stick is one of the most popular webcomics on the Internet (well, relatively; its popularity probably pales with, say, Penny Arcade), a surefire member of any webcomic hall of fame, read and loved by most of the major players in the community, and one of a select group of comics popular enough for its creator to make enough on T-shirts and books to quit his day job.

Stickman and Cube is a small comic in the woods of DrunkDuck that gets all its ideas from pulling up random pages on TV Tropes and that, thanks to spamming itself everywhere on said site, probably owes 90% of what small following it has to TV Tropes. (Note the author's comment referencing the last panel.) And we all know what TV Tropes' favorite webcomic is.

Of course S&C knows about and is going to namedrop OOTS. Hell, he was probably hoping he could attract some attention or "credibility" from the namedrop, as though xkcd or Order of the Stick gave a damn.
Bang on the nail.

I had never even heard of Stickman and Cube before reading this thread. I have now read a fair few strips, and without exception they are completely terrible.

thubby
2009-01-13, 02:58 AM
Second: Who WOULDN'T want to be a OotS extra?!

personally, i prefer having 3 dimensions.