PDA

View Full Version : Sociology Homework - Mate Selection Theory

darkblade
2009-01-11, 10:19 AM
I need to do a questionarie for homework for my Sociology class about Mate Selection Theory. If you would all be so kind as to fill it in and either post the results here or if you do not wish your results to be public you could PM them to me. All results are held confidential and shall be used anonamously for my assignment. I'll ask no one to comment on anything anyone posts in this thread as one of the questions tangitably deals with religion (Mods if that is an issue I shall remove that question) Thank you all in advanced.

Questionare:

1) Age?

2) Gender?

3) Relationship status? Single, Dating, Married, Other

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with?

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you?

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind?

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable?

ghost_warlock
2009-01-11, 10:32 AM
Despite my issues with the validity/usefulness of the tool (inability to ensure anonymity, extremely open-ended questions that may prove difficult to rate, etc.), as a sociologist myself I shall fill out the survey.

Questionare:

1) Age? 29

2) Gender? Heterosexual Male

3) Relationship status? Dating (cohabitating)

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Compatibility

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Yes; some cultural backgrounds would ensure incompatibility

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? Vaguely at most; though I suppose this counts as a 'Yes.'

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? Depends on the time frame; if short term I wait for circumstances to change, if long-term or ultimately I re-evaluate the ideal.

Zweee
2009-01-11, 10:34 AM
1) Age? 20

2) Gender? Female

3) Relationship status? Single

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Values.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Sort of. I want someone who shares the same ideals as me and that's partly cultural.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? I have a somewhat vague idea.

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? I'm okay with being alone if I never meet my perfect guy.

SilverSheriff
2009-01-11, 10:36 AM
Questionare:

1) Age?
Mine: 16
Hers: anything above half my age plus seven (15+)

2) Gender?
Mine: Male
Hers: Redundant.

3) Relationship status?
Single

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with?
Red/Brown/Black Hair, European/Asian, Intelligence, a decent personality.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you?
yes.

My mind wanders too much to give a definite answer, unless you would allow increasing the parameters to 'Ideal Partner(s)'

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unattainable?
Violently [/joke], I'd probably just shrug it off.

Syka
2009-01-11, 12:54 PM
1) Age? 21

2) Gender? Female

3) Relationship status? Single, Dating, Married, Other Dating

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Personality (sense of humor, creativity, etc), intelligence, trustworthyness, respectful. No particular order.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Not as such, unless it effects our relationship (such as being raised to think men are the head of the household and that sort of thing).

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? No

The Neoclassic
2009-01-11, 01:03 PM
1) Age? 19

2) Gender? Female

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Someone who will be there for me.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? No, not unless their cultural views directly clash with what I want out of a relationship.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? Yes.

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? I don't think my ideal is realistically attainable, which saddens me, but not too much so.

Checkmate
2009-01-11, 01:10 PM
It was nice to help you.

1) Age? 19

2) Gender? M

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Compassion towards animals, being capable of having a logical debate with, enjoying having a logical debate with.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? No, not per se.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? No, although there certainly are people I know who would fit.

[/QUOTE]

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-11, 01:19 PM
1) Age?
Twenty Summers

2) Gender?
Male

Dating (Polyamorus)

In a word, comfort.

Yes. I prefer women from a different cultural background. Fun accents are good too.

Who doesn't?

Adaptation. I may find contentment, despite my goal being unattainable.

xPANCAKEx
2009-01-11, 01:32 PM
1) Age? 24

2) Gender? male

3) Relationship status? single/dating (im seeing a few girls, but not in any commited relationships)

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? above all else it has to be honesty

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? no - so long as we share similar values now i don't care where their background likes

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? specific person? no. Specific values/morals? yes

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? I won't settle for someone who doesn't make me happy or that i resent. They dont have to be the 'ideal', as what works on paper doesn't always work in reality - and sometimes people that arn't "perfect" have an odd way of making you happy in a way you'd never expect

sorry if you were looking for yes/no answers :smalltongue:

Castaras
2009-01-11, 01:33 PM
1) Age?
2) Gender?
Female
Dating
Intelligence
Nope.
Not really
N/A

reorith
2009-01-11, 01:59 PM
1) Age?
2) Gender?
male
on call
i'm looking for someone as damaged as i am.
no
yes
i drink and chainsmoke at the end of her drive way for about two hours while staring up at her window at least twice a week.

Coidzor
2009-01-11, 02:51 PM
Questionnaire:

1) Age?

20 years old

2) Gender?

Male

Single, currently looking and interested rather than disinterested by such things.

Companionship: the ability to be both lover and friend.

After that, would of course be the mixture of physical chemistry/looks/pheromones/attraction.
Also, as I've said before, I am a ******** named Ryan Seacrest:smalltongue:

This question is a bit on the vague side.

I would have to say yes. It probably would be an issue at some point, due to clashing within the relationship due to differing values if we had differing backgrounds. As far as mattering to me on some kind of moral level, no, but I do foresee that conflicts would arise from different cultural backgrounds that would have to be worked through.

This question I find a bit vague, however, due to the multiple interpretations of different cultural background and how it might "matter" to someone. Do you mean to ask about how one views the idea and practice of dating outside of one's "nacio-socio-economic group?" Or that it's more about whether one is willing to deal with having to deal with the culture clash of such a relationship? *shrug* Sorry, just went over a chapter that pounded in the importance of the way questions are framed so my brain is a bit nitpicky

Yes. Not fully conceptualized, but an ideal is forming despite my human flexibility. To the point where if I thought about it I could go into the details you don't want to hear.

I would probably get rather bitter for awhile and then try to move on and see what I could get, reevaluating things as I went. I am depressingly aware of how unlikely it is to meet someone like what I want, even if such a woman was possible.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-01-11, 03:11 PM
1) Age?
2) Gender?
Dude
Single with friends with benefits
A girl that's really nice and really funny.
However, 95% of all men will lie on this point since they may say it's not important but most won't get into a relationship with someone who's less attractive than they are.
No.
Do you mean like a certain "type"? Then yes. If you mean a specific person than no.
If it's just a "type" then it simply means I'm more attracted to a girl like that when I first meet her, doesn't make me fall in love or anything.

cody.burton
2009-01-11, 03:48 PM
1) Age?

2) Gender?
male

dating

compatibility, values

In and of itself, no. However, if a culture comes with incompatible background, then yes.

Not yet - I'm too young to know.

Again, I'm too young to know.

Thes Hunter
2009-01-11, 04:30 PM
1) Age?
2) Gender?
Female
Single
treating me with respect
Yeah, if it allows for me to be mistreated.
no, I don't think anyone is or will be ideal or perfect. Just some are better fit than others.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-11, 04:42 PM
1) Age? 19, but only for another month.

2) Gender? Male.

3) Relationship status? Single.

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? I don't look for relationships. I look for good friends and I end up falling for them, usually.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Matter? Sure, in the sense that I would be interested in it, especially if they wanted to share their culture with me. Otherwise, not really.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? As in a hypothetical perfect person? No.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-11, 04:50 PM
1) Age? 15

2) Gender? Heterosexual male.

3) Relationship status? Single, Dating, Married, Other Single.

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? I don't really 'look for relationships' but I would say a good (smart) personality(or atleast one that compliments or fits mine)

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? No, not really. Though it would have to match atleast a little bit.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? Yep.

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable It is unatainable, my mind realized that a long time ago, my heart didn't.

8) Return question : Should you spend more time on gitp, Darkblade?
Yes, yes he should, I haven't seen you around for some time, *tries to ductape Darkblade to the playground*

LightWraith
2009-01-11, 05:15 PM
Hope it helps.

1) Age? 25

2) Gender? Male (of the homosexual variety, if it matters)

3) Relationship status? Dating (Committed relationship)

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? I'll be honest here... it's pretty much a tie between personality and appearance. If I had to skew one way or the other, personality would win out. I'd much rather date a less attractive guy with a great personality than a ridiculously handsome jerk.

Also Honesty. I despise people who cheat in relationships.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? I can't think of a particular example, but I'm sure it does in some fashion.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? No, not really. I'm aware that as I grow older and experience more of life that any impression of an ideal could change at any time. If you love someone, it doesn't matter how "ideal" they are.

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? N/A

Lyesmith
2009-01-11, 05:22 PM
1) Age?
2) Gender?
Male (Gay)
Single
Like Light, it's a balance of attractiveness and personality, with personality winning in a dead heat. But narrowing it down is difficult.
A little bit, but mainly for the evasion of faux pas.
Vaguely
Unsurprised

Lupy
2009-01-11, 05:25 PM
1) Age?
Middle School

2) Gender?
Male

Single

Personality

Yes, very much so

No

potatocubed
2009-01-11, 05:43 PM
1) Age?

2) Gender?
Male

Single :smallannoyed:

Um... a certain... 'oddness'. It's really difficult to put my finger on.

No. Also, this is a bad question. You need to better define 'cultural background' and clean up the wording.

No.

n/a

afroakuma
2009-01-11, 06:06 PM
1) Age?

2) Gender?
Male

Single

We need to be able to flirt with one another and enjoy it...don't know how to dump that into one word

Yes.

No.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-11, 06:14 PM
PMd you an answer
(And quite glad I did, reading everyone else's answers I sounded like a bit of an ******* :smalltongue:)

xPANCAKEx
2009-01-11, 06:16 PM
when you the answers, i'll be intrigued as to what your "findings" are

Sucrose
2009-01-11, 06:17 PM
1) Age? 21
2) Gender?
Male
Single
Similar interests, with an engaging personality being a close second, and looks a bit behind that, but still somewhat important.
Yes, in that we have to have some reference points that we can connect on. (See #4)
No, but pretty close.
I would look for someone who fulfills my criteria almost as well as she. No point crying over spilled milk.

darkblade
2009-01-11, 06:22 PM
when you the answers, i'll be intrigued as to what your "findings" are

My results from this forum and a few others I frequent shall be pooled together and then mixed with the "findings" of the rest of my class and from there I get to make an essay about it. I might post it when I finish if enough people really want to see it and I remember to.

Thank you all for your help. :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-01-11, 07:33 PM
We better get a look at that paper :smalltongue:

Skippy
2009-01-12, 12:39 AM
Here's my answers. If you know of any interested girl, please PM me :smalltongue:

Questionare:

1) Age?
2) Gender?
Male
Single
Mostly, I look for someone who can really understand me, someone who won't look at me as if I'm some kind of alien or something. And someone who cares for me and looks at all my flaws, and help me correct them.
Nope
A girl who can beat me in Mario Kart DS
Well, so far I've only known one girl who can do that. And she's rejected me twice. So, I guess I've got practice in that kind of disappointment...

toasty
2009-01-12, 12:51 AM
Well... why not...

Questionare:

1) Age? --> I'm 17.

2) Gender?
I am a guy.

Single. Never dated.

Umm... I don't know... lots of various stuff... see next questoin.

Cultural background? no... not really. However, the beliefs that they would recieve from their culture/upbrining would matter, yes, without a doubt. I'm not going to marry someone whose beliefs differ with me on what to me are serious issues.

I do not have a specific person, a general idea... to one degree or another, yes.

It won't.

Stormthorn
2009-01-12, 01:13 AM
This thread could prove useful for scoping out mates.

1) Age? 19

2) Gender? Male

3) Relationship status? Single, Dating, Married, Other? Single

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Willingness to date me.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Somewhat. Not race, but im not going to date trash. Unless they were really rich. I would prefer someone who is liberal and open-minded about the world. Perhaps a fellow Californian.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? Umm... a redhead?

Hair dye.

thubby
2009-01-12, 01:34 AM
Questionare:

1) Age?

2) Gender?
male

compatible world views

depends by what that means exactly. if by ethnicity, or how they grew up, no. however, certain cultures do espouse certain values i am against, and i would not readily date someone with said values.

vaguely

remain single.

apparently quotes don't count as text 0,o

Solaris
2009-01-12, 02:30 AM
Wiseacre version:

1) Age?

2) Gender?
Heterosexual male

Dating... ish.

Gullibility.

Meh. They all bleed the same.

Female, not too decayed.

Formaldehyde.

Serious version:

1) Age?

2) Gender?
Heterosexual male

Dating... ish.

Independence. All the other factors have to be right (or at least workable), but she's gotta be independent. In my line of work, that's crucial.

Eh... I prefer someone who holds moderate-conservative American mores, but people who spend a lot of time around me tend to start getting warped into my ways of thinking so it's not a big deal.
I'm a mind-plague, I know. You wouldn't believe how many of my dumb little buddies joined the Army after talking with me.

Yes. Kind of. Not really, no. There's no such thing as an 'ideal' partner, and thinking that there is just leads to many long years of bitterness and loneliness. Any relationship takes work. It's just a matter of finding the person you can work with. I have superficial preferences, but those change pretty much weekly.

I'll work on it. Adapt and overcome. Anything worth having is worth fighting for.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-12, 03:48 AM
1) Age?

2) Gender?
Pansexual genderqueer female

I...think I'm dating?
Its unclear.
I'm not single, though.

A best friend, a companion, patience to deal with my diva-drama-fits.
And an openness to physical affection.

I wish I could say no here, but, it really does, if only because I have a strong lack of belief and this could lead to disharmony in a relationship.

Yes

I already have the inkling that true love is unattainable in any case, so, I don't suppose there would be much of a reaction...

Jjkaybomb
2009-01-12, 08:39 AM
1) Age? 19

2) Gender? female

3) Relationship status? Dating

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Weither they needed someone or not

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Unless thier culture is a hive mind and they are defined by thier culture and have no individuality of thier own, I'd have to say no.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? Someone who knows me well enough to know when my smile is real and when its fake. To know when to comfort me and when to leave me alone. Someone who could be more of a best friend than a lover. And also smart and funny. And tall. and maybe a blonde...

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? Well, isnt that just like life?

Krrth
2009-01-12, 10:40 AM
Here goes...

What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Compatibility. If we can't get along, we can't have a very good relationship.

Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? To a degree, yes. If a culture has significant views opposite of my own, that can cause undesirable friction.

Do you have an ideal partner in mind? Nope. I never really thought about it, and I have no reason to start now. I'm quite happy where I'm at!

f yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unattainable? Deal with it, and do the best I could.

bluewind95
2009-01-12, 12:51 PM
Well, I'm probably the worst person to answer questions like these, but hey.

1) Age?

2) Gender?
Female. Straight

Single and not looking.

Trustworthiness, I would think. Someone who is honest and caring and with whom I can feel safe about what he says and safe that he won't stab me in the back (or front. There's that kind too). Someone whom I can trust with not deserting me when I need him. That's for his part. I also look for someone who will simply let me love them while loving me.

It's not a priority, unless said background would heavily conflict with mine. No need to add potential problems to a relationship.

I have a vague concept of what an ideal partner would be like, yes. But I do not have any one person in mind.

I've already decided it's unattainable. My reaction was mainly that, well, it's an ideal. You can't obtain an ideal, so when I look for a mate, I'll look for someone who is close to that ideal, even if not quite there.

Pyrian
2009-01-12, 01:37 PM
I guess I'm too amused to not answer.

1) Age?

2) Gender?
Male

Single

Legal human female. What? If I most wanted compatibility, trustworthiness, or loyalty like the rest of you, I'd get a dog. Okay, okay, attraction and sweetness.

Cultural background, not so much, it's cultural "foreground" I frequently have issues with. Too many important values are tied tightly into "culture" for it to be something that can be overlooked.

It's not something I really think about. I mean, my first reaction was "well, I met her, but she dumped me", but even she wasn't strictly speaking thee ideal - though when I met her she was better than I'd ever imagined a person could be. So, I don't think it's a useful concept on the face of it. We're all human, we're all fallible.

Again, I don't really worry about it, I'm having a hard enough time finding miss acceptable to concern myself with the unlikely existence of miss ideal.

Lady Tialait
2009-01-12, 02:56 PM
Questionare:

1) Age? 24

2) Gender? Female

3) Relationship status? Married

Fun loving attitude.

Nope, never did never will.

Yes.

That would be a bit heartbreaking, but I think I would settle eventually. (I already married my ideal partner)

Hope this helps, answers and spelling corrections in quotes.

OverdrivePrime
2009-01-12, 03:38 PM
1) Age? - 32

2) Gender? - Male

3) Relationship status? - Married

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? - Shared Goals

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? - Yes, it's hard to imagine not finding someone's background important, for both positive and negative.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? - Yep

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? - I'd say that just short of having my wife designed by Bandai/Namco (http://images.tomshardware.com/2007/02/20/the_50_greatest_female_characters_in_the_history_o f_video_games/sophitia.jpg), I've gotten as close as I have any right to. :smallwink:

Darth Mario
2009-01-12, 04:04 PM
1) Age? 18

2) Gender? Straight-ish Male

A strong wit and personality, someone I can enjoy being with no matter the activity, be it gaming or working.

Not really.

No.

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? N/A

darkblade
2009-01-12, 04:16 PM
Thank you all for helping me. :smallsmile:

I've got my quota of questionaires and they shall go into the class pool tomorrow.

Coidzor
2009-01-12, 06:42 PM
Hopefully they'll either be amused or chagrinned at the amount of snark the wording of the survey generated.

V: Bah! You're fine

Thes Hunter
2009-01-12, 07:04 PM
I am glad I wasn't the only person over 30's to answer. :smallbiggrin:

Gray Jester
2009-01-12, 07:06 PM
Snarky version:

1) Age?
I'm made up of things formed in stars. Quite old, if you go by particles.
2) Gender?
Mostly-Heterosexual male-identifying male. But, known to wear a skirt because it's sexy.

3) Relationship status?
Not single, but can you really be said to be dating if you haven't gone on a date in several weeks? Dating would be active present, no?

Female.

Not really. I never pay any attention to what she's saying anyways, so even a shared language isn't really necessary.

Yeah, got lots of ideal partners in mind. Doesn't look like I'd tell you though, now does it? </firefly reference>

It always is, because I'm good looking, confident, and have other things going for me. Come -on-, what kind of a question is that?

Serious (well, more):

1) Age?
2) Gender?
Heterosexual male.
3) Relationship status? Dating.

Attraction. Without that, you're just a friend.

Not really. Ability to communicate is important to me, because I tend to like smart people. However, there are more then one type of intelligence, and social intelligence to me is just as titillating as mathy intelligence.

Yes. She's smart, geeky, pretty, and laughs at most of my jokes. Oh, and she absolutely must be at least somewhat corrupt.

Well, since I rarely seem to have trouble finding the above, it doesn't really seem to be a huge problem to me. However, my solution as evidenced by the past is to react by going out and meeting lots of people until I find one that I like. There might be some random makeouts on the way, too, knowing me.

Thes Hunter
2009-01-12, 08:28 PM
If I had wanted to be snarky, I would have said:

Relatonship Status: Thrice Divorced
Looking for: Someone who doesn't mind sharing my van down by the river.

ForzaFiori
2009-01-12, 08:39 PM
1) Age?

2) Gender?
Male

Dating (off note: one year anniversary is FRIDAY!!!)

They have to have a personality I can stand. Not to say that this is the only thing (I admit I'm shallow and want to date a good looking person) but it is more important than other things

Not really, except to the point that it colors their personality. Like how some cultures make people really bitchy. In that case, the cultural background is making them not attractive to me, but not because of the background, but because of how they act DUE TO the background... Does that make sense?

Yea, but it always changes. Never really huge ones though.

I'd get on with life. Very rarely is exactly what you want atainable. We settle for second-best for everything else, so why not mates? I can't say I wouldn't be bummed out, but I'd deal with it.

SamGreeves
2014-05-08, 01:19 AM
I'd recommend that you visit the website classof1.com for any assistance with sociology homework (http://classof1.com/homework-help/sociology-homework-help).

golentan
2014-05-08, 01:57 AM
1) Age?

2) Gender?
Technically Male

Single

Toss up between Compassion, Intelligence, and Humor

Not significantly, I'm much more interested in their emotional health and family dynamic.

Yes.

My assumption is that the ideal is unattainable, as it requires several superhuman traits. I'd much rather love someone unconditionally and live a happy life than pine for someone I've never met.

Eldariel
2014-05-08, 04:46 AM
Guys, he's probably graduated by now. This post is over 5 years old. Also, I'm not certain SamGreeves is actually a human account. In fact, I'm almost certain it's a spambot. Pixie that signed up today with only one post responding to the only "[Subject] Homework"-post it could find in this forum from 5 years ago with a fishy link to a fishy site?

Don Julio Anejo
2014-05-08, 05:25 AM
EDIT: didn't look at dates and replied anyway. Delete function wouldn't work. Delete this post plox.

Questionare:

1) Age?
26, or on the bad side heading towards 30.

2) Gender?
Dudebro

Single. Kinda dating around but not much cause kinda broke/busy with work/don't meet new people very much so put me down as single.

I have a specific personality in mind, looks don't matter much beyond "not fat (sorry, but I find rolling rolls of Pillsbury Doughboy repulsive for a romantic/sexual partner)." If you want a more specific answer, it's a silly personality/sense of humour. Think Ruby from RWBY, girl version of Rick Castle from Castle, Lily from How I Met Your Mother or most Meg Ryan roles ever.

Culture, no, religion - yes (don't want someone that's very religous).

Yes.

Settle for the next best option.

Weimann
2014-05-08, 08:38 AM
1) Age? 26

2) Gender? Male

3) Relationship status? Single, Dating, Married, Other Single

4) What is the most important thing you look for in someone to be in a relationship with? Geeze, only one thing? Uh... compatibility, I guess, but that term is so broad as to be useless. Maybe successful communication is a better term.

5) Does cultural background of someone you would have a relationship matter to you? Yes, it does. One is always most comfortable with what is familiar, so I suspect I do have a bias towards people roughly of my own class and background. It think it's important to have that consciously in mind and try to not let it control too much, but to still take advice from that feeling judiciously.

6) Do you have an ideal partner in mind? No.

7) If yes to #6 how would you react if that ideal is unatainable? Ideals are by definition unattainable. Perfection is a theoretical state.

Edit: Well, I should probably read dates more. :smallsigh:

Corvino
2014-05-08, 06:06 PM
Hell, this isn't really a sociology question anyway. More demographics if there's siginificant data collection involved.