PDA

View Full Version : weapon questions

Albonor
2009-01-11, 12:35 PM
1) I'm looking an exotic reach weapon good enough to warrant a pure fighter to go exotic weapon master. He's level 11 and will gain the two necessary feats at 12. I WANT him to be a EWM (he's a NPC) and he typically uses reach weapon. Spiked Chain is out because of setting restrictions so I'm looking for something good.

I've seen the Duom in Arms and Equipment as well as the long axe in CAdv but do you guys know of something better?

2) Is there a way, other than being a powerful outsider or the Axiomatic enchantment, to make a weapon permanently strike as lawful aligned?

NEO|Phyte
2009-01-11, 12:37 PM
2) Is there a way, other than being a powerful outsider or the Axiomatic enchantment, to make a weapon permanently strike as lawful aligned?

Ki Focus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#kiFocus) and 10 levels of monk.

Flickerdart
2009-01-11, 12:41 PM
Whip and Spiked Chain are the only two Core exotic weapons with reach, and whips suck (Bards get free proficiency with them though, so hm). Other than that, I don't know.

Albonor
2009-01-11, 12:44 PM
any source is welcome and, well, thanks but I'm looking around the Ki Focus thing...like a simple enchantment.

Keld Denar
2009-01-11, 12:48 PM
The Spinning Sword from the book Secrets of Sarlona is a 1handed reach weapon. Do a google image search for Ivy from Soul Calibre if you want to know what it looks like.

Otherwise a Meteor Hammer, from Arms and Equipment Guide?, is a chain based bludgeoning weapon. I think it might even have 15' reach, but I don't remember precisely.

And the DMG has the Kusiri-Gama (sp?).

All 3 of these weapons are close enough to the Spiked Chain that they would probably qualify for the Flurry of Strikes trick, which is hands down the best trick from the entire class.

As far as qualifing for Lawful...Axiomatic is about the only one. If Good aligned was a possibility, there is also Sacred from Libris Mortis, the Book of Bad Latin, which gives +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders, +1d6 vs Undead, and counts the weapon as good aligned for DR purposes, all for a scant +1 equivalent bonus.