PDA

View Full Version : Wirefu build

TakeV
2009-01-11, 02:16 PM
I'm GMing a game right now that is approaching the climax. The next game we're having is the power-up episode, where the PCs get additional strength to be able to defeat the big bad. One of the PCs is a monk, and I figured that I would give him wirefu abilities as his power.

This includes massive buffs to balance, tumble, climb, and jump, of course. Now, the only problem is that just this alone isn't much, so I'd like to compound it with a feat or three to make it even more effective.

Any feat suggestions for this? I'm not worried about balance or gamebreakers right now, so I'm open to just about anything.

Llama231
2009-01-11, 02:37 PM
I would suggest homebrew.
What does the player want?

TakeV
2009-01-11, 02:39 PM
Flashy and effective, basically. I can give flashy with the skill buffs, but I'm not exactly sure about how to make them useful in combat.

PinkysBrain
2009-01-11, 02:50 PM
What level are they and what are you giving the others?

Trouvere
2009-01-11, 02:59 PM
There's the psionic feat Up The Walls, of course. Cityscape has a couple of feats that relate to moving about on and jumping from roofs, Roof-Jumper and Roofwalker. Don't forget the movement-related Skill Tricks from Complete Scoundrel.

TakeV
2009-01-11, 03:03 PM
What level are they and what are you giving the others?

They are level 12. The elocator is getting the benefits of being a full psion, and a manifestor level of about 14, with power points accordingly and the ability to reassign his powers once.

The gunslinger is getting two guns, they are +5 weapons that shoots adamantium shirikens and can cast lightning three times per encounter, and cast dispel magic each time a hit is made.

The last one is the big bad and has access to the power of an expy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CosmicHorror) of (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EarthBound)Giygas (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/VideoGames). >_>

Keld Denar
2009-01-11, 03:09 PM
Give him a bunch of Swordsage manevuers like Sudden Leap, Cloak of Shadows, and whatnot.

Heck, just give him full Swordsage initiating on top of all of his monkly stuff. Its no more than you gave the Elocator. Bascailly, he would become a Monk12//Unarmed Swordsage12, as if you were using the gestalt rules. That would do quite a bit to bring him up to the power level you are looking for, and give him some flashy stuff like the ability to leap great distances from a standing start, move so quickly he turns invisible, attack so fast the air around him heats up and burns enemies, fling enemies over his back into walls, and all that other shanananananananananananagens. Good stuff, take a look in Tome of Battle.

PinkysBrain
2009-01-11, 04:56 PM
They are level 12. The elocator is getting the benefits of being a full psion, and a manifestor level of about 14, with power points accordingly and the ability to reassign his powers once.
Then skills don't quite cut it. Even without all that the elocator can already show up a monk in manoeuvrability. I'd agree with Keld, make him a Swordsage. Alternatively give him some really awesome artifact like the gunslinger has.

I'd say something like :
Air Walk
Blink
Blindsight
bonus to movement speed
Rapid Stunning as a bonus feat

Heliomance
2009-01-11, 05:02 PM
Something I've always wanted to play is a build with such a high jump score that tumble was unneccesay, because you could get anywhere on the battlefield by jumping over people's heads. That would be a start.