=======
The Final Fantasy one.Nuff' said.

REQUIREMENTS
============

ALIGNMENT: Any LAWFUL

BASE ATTACK BONUS: +8

SKILLS: Jump 8 ranks,Knowledge[Divine] 8 ranks,Tumble 8 ranks

FEATS: Leap Attack

SPECIAL: Candidates deity must be either Bahamut or Tiamat.

CLASS SKILLS:Handle Animal[Cha],Intimidate[Cha],Jump[Str],Knowledge[Divine][Int],Proffesion[Int] and Tumble[Dex]
SKILL POINTS FOR EACH ADDITIONAL LEVEL: 2+INT Modifier

CLASS FEATURES
==============

HIT DICE
========
d8

WEAPON AND ARMOUR PROFICIENCY
=============================
Dragoons are proficient with all simple,including the Glaive,Guirsame,Halberd,Lance,Ranseur and Trident,light and medium armour,but not heavy armour and shields.

WYVERN
======
The Dragoon gains a Wyvern for an animal companion starting at level 1.

PRECISE STRIKE
==============
When using a Lance,the Dragoon's damage is improved by 1d6 starting from level 2.The damage for Precise Strike increases by 1d6 every 2 levels of Dragoon thereafter[2d6 at level 4,3d6 at level 6,and so forth.].

DRAGONBANE
==========
Starting at level 1,the Dragoon receives bonuses as per the Ranger's Favour Enemy ability when making checks or fighting against Dragons and Half-Dragons.The bonus increases by an additional point when the Dragoon reaches level 5,and another point at level 10.

NIMBLE AND STRONG
=================
The Dragoon gains a + 5 class bonus to Jump and Tumble checks starting from level 3.

REI'S WIND
==========
Upon attaining level 3,the Dragoon may summon a magical wind which has healing properties.

All allies within a 30 foot radius from the Dragoon regenerates 1 hit point + half the Dragoons level + Dragoon Wis modifier level every round,rounded up.The duration of this skill is 3+the Wis modifier of the Dragoon.

The points increases to 2 points + half the Dragoons level + the Wis modifier of the Dragoon at level 6,and 3 hit points + half the Dragoon's level + the Wis modifier of the Dragoon at level 9.

PRESENCE OF A DRAGON
==================
The Dragoon gains the Frightful Presence ability upon attaining level 7.The save DC for the Dragoon's Frightful Presence is 10 + the Dragoons level + Charisma Bonus.

DEITY'S CHAMPION
================
The Dragoon gains immunity to Breath Attacks and Frightful Presence of dragons of the opposite alignment of the Dragoon.He is still vulnerable to any other attacks the dragon has.

SKEWER
======
When performing a Leap Attack,the damage from the Power attack quadruples instead.when using the skewer ability,the attack roll for the Leap Attack increases by a + 1 bonus for every 5 feet charged and jumped.This ability is gained upon attaining 10 levels of the Dragoon prestige class.

TABLE D:1
=========
LEVEL BAB FORT REF WILL SPECIAL
================================================== ================================================== =======================
1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 0 DRAGONBANE,WYVERN
2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 PRECISE STRIKE + 1d6
3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 NIMBLE AND STRONG,REI'S WIND
4 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 PRECISE STRIKE + 2d6
5 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 DRAGONBANE + 1
6 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 3 PRECISE STRIKE + 3d6,REI'S WIND
7 + 7 + 5 + 5 + 3 PRESENCE OF A DRAGON
8 + 8 + 5 + 5 + 4 PRECISE STRIKE + 4d6
9 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 4 REI'S WIND
10 + 10 + 6 + 6 + 5 DEITY'S CHAMPION,DRAGONBANE + 2,PRECISE STRIKE + 5d6,SKEWER

THE WYVERN
==========

The Wyvern will never grow in size nor power,but it is already enhanced and blessed by the patron deity of the Dragoon.It is forever of the Small category.It will serve the Dragoon as a faithful companion,however.The Dragoon and the Wyvern share an empathic link and may communicate telephatically for a distance up to 100 miles.

HIT DICE[hp] AC STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA BAB FORT REF WILL BREATH ATTACK
================================================== ================================================== =======================
6d6+30[52] 24 1 4 1 6 1 4 1 2 1 2 1 2 + 8 + 8 + 6 +6 5d6[DC 20]

I havent play tested em to 10th level yet,so I'm not completely sure about the class.Well,what do you guys think?

Proven_Paradox
2006-10-20, 12:30 AM
I think I'm missing something with regards to the Precise Strike ability... Is a Precise Strike a specific kind of attack that I'm not aware of, or are you saying that all of thier attacks with lances get a damage bonus? If it's the latter, I think that'd be overpowering, ESPECIALLY with a full BAB progression. (Note that I have never played a character that specialized in spears or polearms, nor have I ever played with another player who did, so I may well just be rusty on the rules with regards to using those kinds of weapons.)

Also, I think the wyvern should have some sort of progression. If nothing else make it so that it gets more uses of its breath attack per day. While I'm at it, I don't see where you specify how often it can use it's breath attack in the first place.

Fizban
2006-10-20, 01:06 AM
It woud help to know which FF dragoon this is based off of, as they're not all the same.

sekaiichibannobaka
2006-10-20, 03:15 AM
[Proven Paradox]

Actually,its a non stop active skill[Precise Strike].I guess I gave too many levels of that to the Dragoon[my bad.]I wanted to give the Wyvern progression levels at first,but it ended up getting 16d6+90 HP.Which felt wrong.Will modify that.

[Fizban]

Rei's Wind from FFIX,the Wyvern from FFXI,Dragonbane from FFXI.

Any thing else for me to revamp?Any skills I should add to balance the lost of the Precise Strikes[it will be available for levels 1,5,10.So its gonna be 1d6,2d6,3d6.]

Catharsis
2006-10-20, 07:15 AM
It passes out too many good things for too few requirements, IMHO. Full BAB, two good saves, and many high-powered abilities... the requirements should be a lot tougher, maybe requiring Spring Attack, or Short Haft and Weapon Focus: (a polearm).

The healing wind is overpowered, it's already much, much more powerful than "mass cure light wounds" at the beginning, and grows even further in power... also, I don't see how that fits the concept of a lance fighter. I have trouble visualizing the "flavor" of the class. Try to write at least a short description of the concept -- for us who don't know Final Fantasy, your one-liner is simply not 'nuff said.

Why do you give out a +5 bonus on Jump and Tumble? The corresponding feat would only give out a +2 each, or a +3 for a single skill. Take those as guidelines.

I agree that precise strike is probably not a good choice, the duelist prestige class uses it to give some damage to the otherwise very weak fencing weapons, but two-handed reach weapons are generally not underpowered, especially with power attack and leap attack.

Instead, how about some reach weapon-specific abilities? Maybe allow the dragoon to threaten both adjacent and reach squares at the last level or so? That basically turns the polearm into a spiked chain, the most powerful weapon in the core material.

sekaiichibannobaka
2006-10-20, 08:34 AM
Ah,sorry about the lack of an intro..Here goes,the intro for a Dragoon.Based on my campaign world anyway.

THE DRAGOON
==========

Knights of draconic deities,Dragoons are masters of the skies,wielding great spears and said to possess the powers of the mighty Dragons themselves.

Alongside a Dragoon,a Wyvern follows,given to him by his mighty deity in his crusade against evil[or in the case of Tiamat worshippers,good]dragons.

Dragoons have strong limbs,enhanced by their gods,thus enabling them to strike from the air,dealing greater wounds to their target.

DRAGOON HISTORY INFORMATION
======================

The following are bits of information of important Dragoons,such as Rei,the first Dragoon of Bahamut.It also explains Rei's Wind.

Rei,the first Dragoon of Bahamut valiently fought Tiamat in the Battle of the Flaming Tower.Battered as she was, wielding a spear forged and blessed by Bahamut himself,she successfully struck the Dragon Goddess a mighty blow,forcing her to return back to her homeplane.

In her final moments,Bahamut sent a breeze to her,to heal her broken body,but it was too late.Death had come.In her honour,Bahamut gave Dragoons the ability to summon a wind that healed his/her wounds.Tiamat gave her Dragoons the same ability,grudgingly acknowledging the valour of Rei,the one who struck her.

TRUTH:I added the Rei's Wind ability as a tribute to Freya Crescent,a Dragoon from FFIX with the ability.And also to shut a guy up who felt that I dishonoured the characther by not adding the ability.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally,the dragoon had a skill where they could store the souls of the dragons they slew and release them as a potent energy blast later,BUT I removed it so that I could give it to Rei's Spear.

I'll lower the Nimble and Storing bonuses to +2,and remove the Precise Strike ability.

[Catharsis]
The final suggestion,where it threatens two squares is a good idea,I'll add that in.

But whats Short Haft and Spring Attack?

How should I balance up the skill and what features whould I give the Dragoon as a replacement?