PDA

View Full Version : Evil cleric

Jimbob
2009-01-12, 05:19 AM
Happy new year to you all, my first post of the new year.

In an up coming campagin I want to play a evil cleric that can create an undead army. Will be starting at 1st level and dont have any stats yet, I just need a few ideas of feats to take to boost up my caster level when casting animate dead, because the higher the caster level the more undead I can have.
I have had a few ideas of my own like taking the evil domain to boost the caster level up but is there a second one I can take??
But I have not seen any feats out there or magic items.

So can any one help???

Cheers all

afroakuma
2009-01-12, 05:33 AM
Libris Mortis might have a few...

Look at page 59 (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Feats.pdf).

Nothing for increasing number of HD, but plenty to buff your undead when you get them.

On page 60, Arcane Thesis will jump the caster level of one spell by +2 as well as cheapen metamagic on it. Spell Thematics allows you to jump the caster level of a small selection of spells by +1 each.

Kesnit
2009-01-12, 07:31 AM
People say True Necromancer is awful, but I've seen one in action and it can be pretty powerful. Spell casting is weakened (since it's a duel-progression class), but your abilities to raise and control undead allow you to just focus on spells to buff your army (Inflict spells, which you can cast spontaniously, Necromancy spells, etc).

As afroakuma said, check out Libris Mortis, as the entire book is about Undead.

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-12, 09:35 AM
People say True Necromancer is awful, but I've seen one in action and it can be pretty powerful. Spell casting is weakened (since it's a duel-progression class), but your abilities to raise and control undead allow you to just focus on spells to buff your army (Inflict spells, which you can cast spontaniously, Necromancy spells, etc).

But you lose out on Rebuking, and by the time the class attempts to make up for it, it's already become mostly useless.