PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dvati Swift Hunter?

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-12, 07:48 AM
Having scored a copy of Dragon Compendium, I'm intrigued by the Dvati: The pair of twins that share a single soul. I figured the best way to abuse this would be the Scout/Ranger Swift Hunter combo, where they basically run a circle around their target and shoot at them. Does this idea have potential?

My thoughts on the build:

Put everything into Dex (for AC/Accuracy) and Con (To compensate for poor hit points).
Replace Animal Companion with autoflanker ability from PHBII - one twin will bestow a +3 bonus when his twin attacks.
Get two Splitting bows.
Feats: Swift Hunter, PBS, Precise Shot, Ranger's bonus feats, Greater Manyshot, Improved Skirmish.

I have a couple of questions:
- Is it worth giving up ranger spellcasting for four extra bonus feats from Complete Champion?
- What other feats should I take?
- Does Splitting allow each (split) arrow that strikes to apply Skirmish damage?

RebelRogue
2009-01-12, 09:27 AM
- Does Splitting allow each (split) arrow that strikes to apply Skirmish damage?
Where's the splitting ability from? Anyway, it sounds like a volley type attack, which would mean only one application of precision damage (but then again, I haven't read the description).

Edit: Sort of found it... It's from Champions of Ruin, which I haven't got access to, but from what I've read, it seems that SA actually applies to each arrow. The balance of the +3 price is debated, however...

Keld Denar
2009-01-12, 10:34 AM
I have a couple of questions:
- Is it worth giving up ranger spellcasting for four extra bonus feats from Complete Champion?
That depends. Do you have access to Spell Compendium? If so, probably not. Lots of good spells in there for Rangers.

- What other feats should I take?
Improved Precise Shot is very good. Other than that, things like Darkstalker if you want to hide, or Quick Reconoiter if you want to roll lots of spot/listen checks, or even Staggering Strike is nice, if you can get your damage/arrow up. The sheer number of fort saves your DM will have to make will probably be pretty silly though.

Yea. I don't believe Splitting is a Volley type attack. I'm not 100% sure, but I really don't think it is.