PDA

View Full Version : All Flesh Must Be Eaten Survival Game

Pages : [1] 2

Jimp
2009-01-12, 01:59 PM
Survival

It's been at least a week since you boarded a boat full of strangers to venture off-coast to see the whales. While enjoying the boat ride, waiting for the whales to venture up to the surface, a storm brewed. Instruments on board stated failing, the engine spluttered to a smoky halt, the boat stopped dead. Everyone went below deck and braced themselves for the storm to hit, and boy did it hit. Buffeted for what felt like hours, the boat barely held together. When it all died down, the captain went topside but quickly returned. With a grim look on his face he told everyone that everything on board was failing to respond. The mast had broken, leaving the boat at the mercy of the sea. The next few days were spent lying in hope of rescue, rationing out food and drifting on the open sea. A few days in, a gunshot was heard late at night. The captain had taken his own life. Little happened since. Food supplies grew shorter and shorter while days grew longer and longer.
But today, things started to look up! In the distance: land! The tide seems to be pulling the boat towards the shore! Looks like everything will work out okay .

It's 10am on a breezy and bright morning. It's bee about about two hours since land was spotted. The current has been pulling the boat towards the shore since. You can see the shoreline reasonably clearly now. You're moving towards a small, sandy beach that's only about two hundred feet long. On either side of this beach are rocky outcroppings, but luckily it seems the boat will end up nowhere near them. At the head of the beach's right hand side (as you look at is) is a small tarmacked area with a signpost and a few people standing around in a group. On the other side is a small, white bungalow. It's windows are boarded up and large chunks of paint have peeled away.

On the boat itself are a bunch of instruments that refuse to work, some rope, some bottled water, some pens and paper, a calculator, a pair of binoculars, the captains revolver and 5 bullets. Food supplies have ran out.

The dead captain's body is left in the ship's store room, to keep it away from everyone.

The boat should reach the shore soon.

OOC
Please include your character's name at the top of your posts. Keep OOC chat to a section at the end of your post like this.
In your first post please post the final copy of your character sheet in spoiler tags.
People who have posted by Wednesday morning GMT are included in the game.
Let's do this :smallamused:.

JackTR69
2009-01-12, 03:35 PM
Allen Crawford
Allen Crawford
Human Norm
Attributes: 16 (Intelligence and Dexterity increased by 1 from drawbacks)
Qualities: 7
Drawbacks: 8
Skills: 30

Primary Attributes
Str: 2
Dex: 3
Con: 2
Int: 3
Per: 3
Will: 3

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 26
Endurance Points: 26
Max Speed: 10mph

Qualities
Acute Sight (2)
Fast Reaction Time (2)
Nerves of Steel (3)

Drawbacks
Attractiveness (2)
Honorable (1)
Missing Left Hand (2)
Reckless (2)
Recurring Nightmares (1)

Skills
Brawling 2
Disguise 3
Dodge 2
Driving-Car 1
Guns-Handguns 3
Intimidation 2
Investigation 3
Notice 3
Questioning 3
Sleight of Hand 2
Smooth Talking 2
Streetwise 2
Surveillance 2

Backstory/Character Info
For the last 7 years, Allen worked for his city's police department. He started low, working as a beat cop who's job was to keep the streets looking as civilized as he could. He knew he wouldn't be satisfied doing this for the rest of his life, he just wasn't accomplishing enough. So when the opportunity arose, he volunteered to work as an undercover officer trying to infiltrate an illegal weapons ring and take it down. He spent three years gaining the trust of criminals, only to betray it later. When it came to the actual bust, he insisted that he be there to help. In the process of apprehending the criminals, he was severely injured. He lost his left hand, and sustained major facial scarring. No longer fit to work, he was forced to take a vacation. He took his wife's advice and went whale watching on his own, to take some time to work out what he was going to do next. He took his sidearm with him sarcastically. “What if those whales get angry at me for staying up all night reading that stupid book you gave me? I mean, I'd get pissed off too if someone kept waving a flashlight around, complaining about how Ayn Rand writes.”

Equipment
Colt 1911A1 .45 Handgun
D8x4 damage, 3/10/20/60/120 range
7 Shot Magazine (2)
Concealed carry holster
Flashlight
A little used copy of “Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand
Allen has spent the last several days wishing he could do something to help. At first he tried to help calm the group down, but quickly realized that his visage scared everyone more than it comforted them. He made everyone aware that he is a cop, but failed to notify them of his weapon (which he keeps concealed). He is now waiting near the bow of the ship, watching the shore grow ever closer. His book and flashlight are tucked under his left arm. He scans the shore, trying to notice anything of importance.
Notice (perception+notice): [roll0] Whoops, forgot acute sight. That's another +2, 14 total.

OCC
"lolz I shootz the first guy that looks like a zed"
being the standard metagaming action. Lets get this started guys. Remember now, the only thing anyone here knows about zombies is what they've seen in "Dawn of the Dead". Oh, one question for the ZM. I'm assuming that our resident gamer nerd has tried to access the internet. How did that go?

Jimp
2009-01-12, 04:12 PM
Jack TR69

The beach area is quite and mostly empty. Rocks continue around the shore to the right. On the left you notice the area above the rocks rises steadily into a hill. The people standing around above the beach look a bit dirty and scraggly. The boards and walls of the white bungalow look pretty banged up.

OOC
It would make sense for him to do that. He tried but sadly he couldn't get any wireless reception out on the sea.

JackTR69
2009-01-12, 05:28 PM
OCC
I figured as much about the wireless. I'm guessing that goes for the iphone too? Oh, and you can call me Jack, the rest is just gibberish I tagged on.

Galliun
2009-01-12, 06:09 PM
Nathan Thomas
Nathan Thomas
Human Norm
Attributes: 14 (3 from Drawbacks)
Qualities: 6 (+1 from Drawbacks)
Drawbacks: 4 (10)

Primary Attributes
Str: 1
Dex: 3 (up from 2 from Drawbacks)
Int: 4
Will: 2

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 22
Endurance Points: 20
Max Speed: 10 mph / 5 yds. per second

Qualities
Contacts (Gamers) +1
Photographic Memory +2
Resources +1
Status +2 (Relatively famous Game Designer)
Drawbacks
Attractiveness -1
Clown -1
Covetous (Conspicuous [World fame for Game Design]) -1
Impaired Senses (Eyesight, but wears glasses) -1

Skills
4 Computer Hacking
5 Computer Programming
5 Computers
1 Driving (car)
1 Electronic Surveillance
4 Electronics
2 Fine Arts (Computer Graphics)
2 Language (French)
1 Language (Spanish)
1 Play Instrument (Guitar)
1 Notice
2 Sciences (Math)
1 Writing (Creative)

Personality and Whatnot
Nathan was always a geek of sorts. Somewhat lazy (not completely, just a bit), smart. Very smart. From an early age, he decided he wanted to be a game designer, following in the footsteps of other giants that came from nowhere. He studied hard for it, learning about computers, electronics and everything else he could get his hands on, becoming quite a techie.

His father was a cop who killed his partner by accident. After this happened, he became a drunk recluse, beating on his wife and son. After some time, they both grew tired of it, and left home altogether, moving to the other side of the country.

Being somewhat famous on his job, he gets to travel a lot, and that he enjoys, specially by plane.

He has a very cloistered personality, and is not a "people person" at all. He feels most at home at his computer, with wireless networking. Ironically, he feels very dependant on those he meets. The few friends he makes, he becomes close to.

Being quite the computer-freak he is, he never leaves home without his laptop. On this special occasion, he was doing sightseeing for his next game, so he had his camera with him.

Possessions
Laptop with wireless internet, webcam and microphone
iPhone
Watch
MP4 player with assortment of classical music, classical rock and such
Spare battery for his laptop
Charger for his laptop
Case for the laptop
Sunblock ("God, I hate this glowing ball of fire this planet orbits...")
Digital Camera

Others
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 160 lb.

"Goddamn it, no connection at all. What is this, savage-land? How can there be no connection? Gah!", vented Nathan. He hated being left without his internet. How else would he find answers to whatever?

"I hope this freaking island has at least a phone, I don't want to go all Tom Hanks and have a volleyball or something as my best friend."

*tries to mess around with the iPhone to see what he can get*

OOC
No reception? Guh.
What happened to the cap's gun?

Edit - Fixing the whole Wilson thing, I wrote "baseball" the first time.

Deimos_
2009-01-12, 06:20 PM
Mark Lopes
Mark Lopes
Human Norm
Attributes: 14
Qualities: 10(5+5 from Drawbacks)
Drawbacks: 5

Primary Attributes
Dex: 2
Wil: 2

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 22 = (con+str)x4+10 = (2+1)x4+10 = 22
Endurance Points: 20 = (con+str+will)x3+5 = (2+1+2)x3+5 = 20
Max Speed: 12km/h = (con+dex)x3 = (2+2)x3= 12km/h = 12km/h

Qualities
Artistic Talent(3)
Nerves of Steel(3)
Resources[rich](4)

Drawbacks
Impared Senses[sight](1) Uses glasses
Addiction[Heavy drinking](2)
Lazy(2)

Skills
Computers 2
Driving[car] 2
Humanities[History] 3
Humanities[WWII] 5 Specialization
Play Instrument[Piano] 5
Sport[Chess] 5
Smooth Talking 3
Languages[Portuguese] 3
Writing 1

Backstory/Character Info

Descendant from an old royal Portuguese bloodline, Mark is an upper-class citizen with a talent for the hobbies he pursues. Too lazy and in too good of a position to seriously work, he instead opts to follow his desires and whims. A master-level chess player and a gifted piano player, Mark mostly survives by going to chess championships, classical music concerts, and staying at his home with a bottle of very expensive whisky by his side, pretty much his only real company in life. Reclusive by nature, he studied the World War II period by pure curiosity and has sizeable knowledge on the subject, though not really interested in publishing any books, considering it a hassle.. Though his wealth could hint otherwise, he is not a very arrogant person, and doesn't mind people below his financial status, or people at all for that matter.

Physical Appearance

Height: 175 cm.
Weight: 75kg.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark Brown

Possessions

Half-empty metallic whisky flask
Cellphone
Digital watch
Wallet with ID, driver's license, and about 50 dollars
Round dark lensed glasses
A wooden portable box-like chessboard

Mark had kept his distance from the other passengers since the last few days, keeping his thoughts and especially his whisky to himself. He also goes for the bow along with Allen, but doesn't say anything while observing the shore nearby. He controls himself to not reach for the bottle. It was already half spent, and he figured the worst of the trip had passed, so what the heck. After a sip, he turned to the ex-cop. "I think we're finally done with this ship, thank God." He said, while securing the precious drink.

OOC
Here we go, then. I believe I'm supposed to make some tests to resist giving in to the alcohol, let me know if I should roleplay it differently. Though I think it only applies if the character is actively trying to stop the habit.

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-12, 06:39 PM
Dr. Marcus Koster

Dr. Marcus Koster
Human Norm
Attributes: 15 (1 from drawback)
Qualities: 5
Drawbacks: (10) = 2

Primary Attributes
Dex: 2
Con: 1
Per: 3 (4 from Drawbacks)
Will:3

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 18
Endurance Points: 20
Max Speed: 8mph = 6/8

Qualities/Drawbacks
Photographic memory 2
Charisma 3
Drawbacks
Honorable -2
Talentless -2

Skills
First aid 3
Bureaucracy 2
Computers 2
Computer Programming 1
Medicine (Pharmaceuticals) 4
Science (biology) 2
Humanities (Sociology) 2
(Psychology) 4
Driving (car) 1
Truck 2
Notice 2
Questioning 5

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 130
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blond

Possesions:
Dead cell phone
First aid kit
Multi-tool
an abundance of pocket lint

"Well now everone, lets be ready to get of in a nice orderly manner" Says Marcus as he attepmts to calm and order the passengers.

OOC
What might I use for that action? I am new to the system.

Jimp
2009-01-12, 06:41 PM
Galliun

As the boat drifts a little closer to the shore you start to pick up a wireless signal, but it is password encrypted.
The captain's gun is still lying around on the ship, as is everything else mentioned.

Deimos

Once your addiction kicks in you take a penalty to mental skills equal to the points its worth. So for you this would be a -2. If you end up going a long time without feeding your addiction you may have to take tests to see if you can stand it.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-12, 06:56 PM
Demetrius North
Demetrius North
Human Norm
Qualities: 5
Drawbacks: (10)

Primary Attributes
Int: 2
Per: 2
Will: 3

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 29
Max Speed: 8mph

Qualities/Drawbacks
Attractiveness 1
Charisma 2
Fast Reaction Time 2
Situational Awareness 2
Hard to Kill 1
Minority (African-American) -1
Honorable -1
Cruel -1

Skills
Acrobatics 2
Brawling 3
Climbing 2
Dancing (Hip Hop) 2
Driving (Car) 2
Intimidation 3
Electronics 3
Mechanic 3
Guns (Handguns) 1
Hand Weapon (Wrench) 1
Notice 2
Running (Marathon) 2
Swimming 2
Streetwise 2

Gear
Captain's Gun, Trusty Wrench, Tool Kit, Stash, Comfortable Clothes, Cool Shades, and a hot girlfriend.

Personality
I remember Jamar telling me about this trip, saying he couldn't go and how it'd be good for my girl to go out and see the whales or some **** like that. Made me buy it off him too, after he'd told my girl, Aaliyah, about it too. I wasn't too into it but she seemed to be going for it, so whatever man.

Said I needed a break too from going back to collage to get my degree in something. Something besides keeping in shape or fixing up old cars and junk nobody wants, or from my job at the auto-body shop. Not that doing a job I love pays all the bills, you got to do a little on the side sometimes to get by, you know what I mean?

Anyway, growing up on the streets you learn a thing or two about a thing or two but I tried to stay out of the gangs and do right by me, my family, and my girl. Might want to bring a kid into this world someday, and if I have to do a thing or two wrong by some standard or two set by guys who didn't know nothing about where I was growing up then...

Not that matters now, stuck on this crazy ass boat out in the middle of nowhere. I could strangle Jamar. Now I got to try and keep some people calmed down or something, keep ervrabody from killing each other. 'Cause I know what people are like when you strip about civility. People are desperate, crazy, brutal... scared. But we are going to find a way to get though this, ya hear?

Can't believe I let Jamar's dumbass talk me into this cruise.

"Dayum bro, you need to chill. We all got lives to get back to, cuz."

Demetrius had spent the last couple of days trying to keep these people calmed down, especially his girl. It wasn't working too well, and he knew somebody was going to crack, so he was watching out for it and trying to stay as close to the sane people as possible. Add this to his nightly checks that the gun was still there, before finally taking it himself, and he was pretty paranoid.

"Yo Allen." He said, walking over. Normally he didn't like cops, but this dude seemed okay. "What you thinking about?" The mechanic questioned, noticing his intense scanning of the shore.

OOC:
Whoohoo, zombies. I'm interested in why these things are here, and what'll happen when we get saved. Zombie apocalypse for the world. :smallamused:

Jimp, Demetrius girlfriend is an important NPC to him, can I roleplay her, or do you want me to let you? Oh, and I edited my post to get the gun. I hope thats okay.

Galliun
2009-01-12, 07:04 PM
"Sigh... Why must there always be something?"
Nathan announces that he got a crypto'ed connection, not that anyone cares. After that is done, he gives a faint smile.
"Let's crack this baby.", he says, glad to finally do something.

OOC
OK, so, I have two options, I guess. I can try to write a program to crack this baby, which would use Computer Programming, or I can try to hack it by hand and use Computer Hacking instead. Is that right?

Deimos_
2009-01-12, 07:07 PM
Deimos

Once your addiction kicks in you take a penalty to mental skills equal to the points its worth. So for you this would be a -2. If you end up going a long time without feeding your addiction you may have to take tests to see if you can stand it.

OOC
Are you going to let me know when it happens? I mean, will I know when to feed the addiction before the penalties start kicking in?

Jimp
2009-01-12, 07:22 PM
OOC

Tichrondrius

You can role play her as you see fit since you would know her character better.
Taking the gun is fine.

Galliun

Yep that would be correct.

Deimos

Yep I'll let you know.

Galliun
2009-01-12, 07:41 PM
Nathan types rapidly in his computer - he felt like the keyboard was an extension of himself. He really did like coding.

*Nathan attempts to write a program to crack the encryption, shouldn't be too hard*

[roll0]

OOC
d10 + Int + Comp. Programming, right?

JackTR69
2009-01-13, 12:27 AM
Allen Crawford
"I don't know. Something's messed up. I'm not sure if it's the weather or what that's been getting to those shacks, but something ripped up the sides a bit. I just hope they have a phone, I'd really like to call in the captain and get everyone back to their regularly scheduled program. I'm sure you'd like to get your girl home too."
Notice to see if I know he took the captains gun: [roll0]
If I noticed the gun: "By the way man, don't take that gun out until I say so. If anyone starts shootin' anyone, we'll all have hell to pay for it. Just sayin'."

Tichrondrius
2009-01-13, 03:48 AM
Demetrius North

"Yeah, and beat the **** out of Jamar." Demetrius replied, and cocked his head at Allen. "Don't you worry, officer." He smiled, "Just so no one else got it, I know how people get."

He put his arm around his girl as she came up, "Hey baby." He said, and they made some small talk.

Jimp
2009-01-13, 03:20 PM
Galliun
With a sudden burst of inspiration you quickly write up a program that will hack into the nearest wireless network and give you access. Your laptop is now connected to the wireless network. The name of the connection is David Jones Home.

Everyone
The boat is almost at the beach now. It should wash up in the sand in about a minute.

Jack
Standing at the bow of the ship, you notice that the people standing at the head of the beach have spotted the boat and have begun to walk down towards you. They are walking quite slowly, as if they had bad limps.

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-13, 03:44 PM
Marcus wanders up to the front of the ship, takes a glance at the people on the beach, shrugs, and begins looking for a method of leaving the boat. In particular emergency rafts.

Jimp
2009-01-13, 04:15 PM
OOC
It's really quite a small boat. You could climb down a small ladder to the ground pretty safely, or jump if you were feeling brave. Perhaps saying ship was a bit of a misnomer on my part :smallbiggrin:.

Deimos_
2009-01-13, 04:20 PM
Mark turns to Nathan, observing him do his hacker business. "You got anything there?", he asked curiously. "Anyway, we should get ready, the ship is almost on shore and I'm sick of this place. We should pick our belongings and hopefully get the hell out."

OOC
Do we know if it's an island or the mainland, or is it not clear?

Jimp
2009-01-13, 04:28 PM
OOC
It's not clear. You're lost.

JackTR69
2009-01-13, 04:30 PM
Allen Crawford
Turning back to the group of people assembled on deck, he yells out a question.
"Hey, is there a doctor on board? I think those people on the shore might be hurt."

OCC
I think it would be good to keep posting your characters name on the top of the post, it'll help solidify who everyone's playing, and keep characters from being forgotten.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-13, 06:10 PM
Demetrius North

"I'm going to go check this out."

"Nah, baby, stay here." His girl says.

"Nah, nah, girl, somebodys got to go down there." Demetrius replies and looks over the side. He waits a little bit for it to wash up on the sand, takes one more look at everyone around, and jumps down over the side hitting the ground with a little thud. "Oww, man. Hey, you guys aren't like cannibals or anything, right? I hope you don't like dark meat!" He calls good naturedly over to the people on shore.

Galliun
2009-01-13, 06:36 PM
Nathan Thomas

"I got a connection here, actually. I'm gonna try and find out where the hell we are. You know, just in case people in here speak some random gibberish we can't understand."

OOC
Is there anyway I can pinpoint our location via the connection? Maybe a GPS of sorts?

Edit - Fixing typos.

Edit 2 - By the way, since we spent a crapload of days drifting, I'm going to assume Nathan tried to fix the stuff on the boat and failed, so I'm not gonna try to do it.

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-13, 06:43 PM
(OOC: Well fine then :smalltongue:)
Marcus Koster
Marcus instead walks over to the side and waves out to the people, "Can you bring us something to climb down on?"

"Hey, is there a doctor on board? I think those people on the shore might be hurt."

"I haven't preformed actual medical work in years, but if we can find the emergency aid supply on the ship I should be able to figure something out."

Jimp
2009-01-13, 07:55 PM
The boat gently drifts into the sand and comes to a halt.

The people on the beach don't respond to your calls. Once Demetrius hits the sand and beckons to them they seem to pick up their pace, albeit only slightly.
Now that they are closer everyone on deck can see that the people's clothes are torn and dirty and their faces covered in scars. Their stares are blank, they just limps slowly towards Demetrius.
They are about 20ft away from him.

Galliun

You check a few sites on the internet and find out that you are on a smallish island named Ard Fennan, not too far off the west coast of Ireland. On the island is a small town, on the far side from where you are is a lighthouse, the rest is mostly farmland except for a climate analysis centre near the island's north coast.

OOC
I think it will be a good idea for me and maybe others if they put player character's names in bold in their in-character actions. Just to make sure they don't miss something by accident.
A small note on locations too: they will be mostly fictional. This is both for my sake and the fact that a lot of Irish places would really suck in a zombie apocalypse :smallbiggrin:.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-13, 08:02 PM
Demetrius North

"You be careful down there, you hear?" His girlfriend, Aaliyah, calls from the deck.

"Yeah, I am peaches." Demetrius calls back, then starts to walk toward the people on shore. "Hey, are you guys okay?" He asks tentatively, taking only a few steps toward them but still close to the ship.

I'll roll up a new character. >> XD

JackTR69
2009-01-13, 08:23 PM
Allen Crawford
Allen follows Demetrius down to the shore.
"Hey there, how are all you folks doing?"
When the group makes no response, john takes out his gun.
"Hey now, we don't want any trouble. Just take a couple of steps back, and we can work this out."

Don't go making a new character yet, I'll keep them off you for a bit. Besides, you've still got his GF to play if he goes down.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-13, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I was stating her up... XD

Jimp
2009-01-13, 09:06 PM
On the beach

As Demetrius and Allen stand on the shore before the group all four of them extend their arms and leave out a terrifying warbling screech. Within seconds the distant hills echo with screeches, piercing your ears.
The two people at the very front of the group lurch forward quickly. Tichrondrius and Jack, your characters have enough distance to act quickly before they reach.
Tichrondrius make a fear check (1d10+ willpower). Jack you don't need to since your character has dealt with scenes like this and worse.

People still on the boat

Moments after you hear the screeches from the beach you all hear a thudding below deck, followed by heavy banging sounds. Demetrius's girlfriend screams in fright "Baby save me!"

OOC
Hope you don't mind me taking over your character's girlfriend for a moment there.

JackTR69
2009-01-13, 09:16 PM
Allen Crawford
"Demitrius! Get back on the ship and help your girl, I'll hold them off while you climb up! Damn coke heads!"
With that, Allen takes the slide of his gun between his teeth and pulls the first bullet into the chamber. A split second later he is leveling the gun at the nearest target, his stump braced under his hand to support recoil. Two gunshots ring out loud and clear, much louder than the movies would make you think.
Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Attack Roll 2: [roll1]
Damage Roll 1: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2: [roll3]

Galliun
2009-01-14, 12:36 AM
Nathan Thomas

"What the hell was THAT?", Nathan yelled, suddenly noticing how all the weird people were close. He thought they we're pretty far off. But still, what the hell was that scream?

Nathan closes his notebook (not turning it off), but keeps it in his grasp. Never know when it could be useful. He jumps to stand up and closes in on the boat's bow to watch the commotion.

Obviously OOC

What, no warnings, just shoot them?

Edit - Fixing errors, and WOOT page 2!

Tichrondrius
2009-01-14, 12:47 AM
Demetrius North
[roll0]

"Oh, what the-" Demetrius said, temporary frozen in terror, but broken out of it by the call of his girl. He looks up, "I'm going baby!" The black man calls back, pausing to look at Allen.

"Wait, no way am I leaving you here man... your hand and ****. You gonna be able to climb up?" Demetrius says, climbing a little bit of the way up the ladder.

No problem. lol

JackTR69
2009-01-14, 06:57 AM
Allen Crawford
"Just get on the ship! I'll worry about getting up there myself!"

OCC
He wouldn't have shot right off if waving a gun around in front of their faces had gotten any sort of response. And in case you didn't notice, Allen is a little bat sh** crazy. Reckless+Nerves of Steel+Recurring Nightmares? One messed up cookie. Trust me, I'm not staying on the shore to fight twenty zombies (literally) single handedly while you climb because I think I can make it back up safely.

Jimp
2009-01-14, 01:47 PM
On the beach

Tichrondrius
Dealt with in the next post since I messed up with the rolling formula

Jack

The force of your first shot throws the leading person to the floor. The other three trip clumsily over him falling face first into the sand. All four continue to grasp out, mouths open and tongues flailing, their arms barely a foot away from your legs.

On the boat
The thudding below deck continues followed by the sound of wood breaking and heavy footsteps.

Jimp
2009-01-14, 01:52 PM
On the beach

Tichrondrius
Fear table result roll:
[roll0]
You were frightened for a moment but quickly regain your composure.

Deimos_
2009-01-14, 04:13 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark watches as Allen shoots at, how he puts them, screaming freaks. He didn't think human beings could sound like that. He goes for the ladder, helping Demetrius get on the boat again. "Hey trigger happy! Get the hell out of there!", he yells to Allen, holding out a hand for him to climb as well.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-14, 05:50 PM
Demetrius North

"Get the **** up here, Allen!" Demetrius yells, looking around for the source of the banging, before offering his hand. "Get up here so we can pull up this ladder, jesus christ!" He continues to shout.

JackTR69
2009-01-14, 06:35 PM
Allen Crawford
"All right, all right! I'll be up in a second!"
Allen fires a last shot at the front most enemies head before switching the safety on, putting the gun in it's holster, and beginning to climb the ladder.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
(Taking a -2 penalty for the called shot to the head.)

EDIT: Oh no, first natural 1 of the game. Wheel of morality, turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson that Allen Crawford should learn. The moral of today's story is: Don't get too greedy on attacks just because the system's liberal about them, you may not live to regret it.

OCC
I'm starting to have even more respect for people with physical impairments. I've been trying out everything I'm having Allen do with one hand to make sure that I'm not doing anything unrealistic. You CAN climb a ladder with one hand, it's a pain in the rear. You CAN **** a gun with your teeth, but you'll chip some eventually I'm sure. I don't even want to think about reloading.

Deimos_
2009-01-14, 06:56 PM
OOC
Btw Jack I might have missed it, but which hand is missing on Allen, left or right?

Jimp
2009-01-14, 07:42 PM
Rule of 1 roll for Jack
[roll0]
Allen's shot misses wildly but he manages to make it up onto the deck of the boat as the people below drag themselves forward. Just has he reaches the deck a pale, bloody hand bursts through from under the deck and grabs the leg of Demetrius's girlfriend. It's claws dig deep into her ankle as it tries to pull her to the floor. She is struggling against its strength, screaming "Oh God baby help me help me!"

Galliun
2009-01-14, 08:30 PM
Nathan Thomas

While Allen was giving those guys some new holes, Nathan just stood still and watched, the first time he actually had seen a gun fire other than when researching stuff for a game or whatever. In a real situation.

Demetrius's Girlfriend's (who shall remain unnamed) shout brought him back to reality. He carefully put his laptop on the floor, and rushed in to kick the hand that was grappling the chick.

OOC

What do I roll?

Tichrondrius
2009-01-14, 09:28 PM
Demetrius North

"Oh ****, what the ****, hold on baby!" Demetrius says, and runs over to help that Nathan guy. With a burst of inspiration he says, "Hold on baby." And starts to run down to the next level of the boat, to face whatever has her directly.

To run as fast as I can, should I roll for it?

According to my background, apparently I made his girlfriends name Aaliyah.

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-14, 10:07 PM
Marcus Koster

After taking a moment to take everything in he tries to quickly remember if there were any decent weapons on the ship

GRAHH how does rolling work on this forum? And will photographic memory come in to play?

JackTR69
2009-01-14, 10:07 PM
OCC
Trying to kick something, you'd roll strength+brawl, or strength+martial arts. 1d10+relevant stat+relevant skill is how most rolls work in this game system. If you don't have a relevant skill, the stat is all you get for a bonus.

Galliun
2009-01-14, 11:56 PM
Nathan Thomas

[roll0]

Nathan attempts to kick the hand.

Jimp
2009-01-15, 09:46 AM
Galliun

You kick the hand off of Aaliyah's leg and it is quickly pulled back down through the hole. Aaliyah falls to her knees breathing deeply, "**** my leg hurts real bad. . .", as blood flows from where the hand's claws dug deep.

Tichrondrius

No need to roll for running.
You run below deck and immediately spot the door to the store room in pieces on the floor, broken from its hinges. Standing over it is the captain, clothes still bloodied from the gaping wound in the side of his head, reaching through the hole onto deck with one hand, the other hanging shrivelled at his side. With one eye dangling wildly from its socket his head snaps in your direction. Pulling his hand down, Aaliyah's blood dripping from its jagged, knife-long claws, he screams the same terrible screech as the people on the beach.
The captain is about 10 feet in front of you.

detrevnisisiht

You instantly remember the captain's gun, but it was below deck the last time you saw it.

People on Deck

As you see this happening you hear loud gunshots from the beach and a voice shouting out "RUN! RUN TO THE HOUSE!.
Anyone looking over will see a greying man in blue overalls about halfway down the beach, shooting at the people below the boat with a hunting rifle.

OOC
More rolling info:
Jack's check summary is correct. There are also simple attribute checks, 1d10+2xstat and difficult attribute checks, 1d10+stat. Fear checks are a difficult willpower check. Generally speaking on any check a roll of 9 or more means you succeed. The higher you roll the better your degree of success. This means stuff like completing the task very quickly, or hitting a vital area in combat. Rolling a natural 10 means you roll again and add the result, a natural 1 means you roll 1d10-5 and if you total under 0 you take the negative result instead of your original.

The forum's dice roller is used by doing [ roll ]1dsomething+whatever[ /roll ] without the spaces. Be careful though because it only works when you make a post, you can't edit a roll in and if you make a mistake in the formula the edit won't fix it. You'll have to post again to make the roll.

Deimos_
2009-01-15, 10:33 AM
OOC
Is there a way out of the boat besides the ladder? If there isn't, how big is the fall from the boat to the shore?

JackTR69
2009-01-15, 11:29 AM
OCC
Should I assume that Allen makes it up the ladder without getting chewed on? Or have we not gotten that far yet?

Jimp
2009-01-15, 06:14 PM
Jack

Yes Allen is on deck now.

Deimos_

The ladder is the safest way down. To jump from the side to the beach is about 5ft.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-15, 07:56 PM
Demetrius North

"Oh... oh ****, you ****ing ****, what the ****, oh my ****!" Demetrius yells out, pulling out the Captains Own gun and firing at the creature before him wildly. "****, oh god, oh Jesus help me..." He continues to mutter, backing up and shooting.

Hopefully I'm rolling correctly, Demetrius is shooting this guy twice. I'm assuming the Captain's gun used 9mms.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

JackTR69
2009-01-15, 08:23 PM
Allen Crawford
"Everyone! Get away from the sides of the boat! We don't want anyone getting dragged over the side! Now where'd that other guy go..."
OCC
I doubt that his REVOLVER fires 9mm, since there's barely a single revolver in the world chambered for it. I would assume either .38, .357, or .44. It's up to the zm of course though. Approximate bullet damages tend to be fine for this game.

Jimp
2009-01-15, 09:00 PM
Tichrondrius

Let's say they are .38, which are 1d6x3, making your damage rolls 18 and 15.
Rolling to see where the shots hit:
[roll0] = torso
[roll1] = right leg
Your first bullet pounds into the captain's chest as the second goes through his right foot. His corpse collapses to the ground twitching slightly.

People on deck
You hear gunshots from below deck and more fire from the beach.

OOC
Sorry I forgot about that hit placement roll when you shot earlier Jack.

Deimos_
2009-01-15, 09:56 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark goes to the border of the deck but keeps a safe distance from the ladder, to take a look at the situation outside the boat.

OOC
Should I make a check? I want to see what the house guy is up to. Is he too far?

Tichrondrius
2009-01-15, 10:03 PM
Demetrius North

"Oh, man..." Demetrius says, and goes over slowly, standing only close enough to prod at him with his wrench.

Sorry, forgot it was a Revolver, and don't know guns. XD

Galliun
2009-01-15, 10:13 PM
Nathan

Nathan picks up his computer and just waits, hoping for someone to take initiative and do something.

Jimp
2009-01-15, 10:22 PM
Deimos_

The man is in clear view, aiming at the people on the beach with his rifle. Two of them are lying dead in the sand with massive bullet wounds in their skulls.

Tichrondrius

The body twitches a little, but moves no further.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-16, 03:21 AM
Demetrius North

"****." Demetrius curses one time for effect and puts his wrench and gun away, before running back up on deck and leaning down next to his girl. "You okay, baby?"

"No, I just got clawed by something and you ran off, do you think I'm okay?" She yells back at him, and he curses at her wound.

"Ah, ****... don't worry, I got it, I got it." Demetrius repeats, then yells over to Allen. "Hey, Allen, what the **** is going on? I think I just shot the Captain! Oh Jesus Christ..."

JackTR69
2009-01-16, 08:10 AM
Allen Crawford
Turning to Demetrius, Allen looks puzzled. Not being used to being puzzled, this also makes him seem aggravated.
"You think you just did what?!"
Shaking his head briefly, he composes himself.
"Whatever was down there, did you kill it?"
Then turning to shout at the man on the beach who's been capping zeds left and right.
"What's the status down there? I don't want to lead these people into a death trap!"

Galliun
2009-01-16, 08:18 AM
Nathan Thomas

"Is it actually possible to be in any more of a death trap than we are right now?", Nathan asks, sarcastically.

Jimp
2009-01-16, 09:15 AM
Jack

The man backtracks a few steps as the two remaining people crawl towards him.
"Get to the house! Door is open round back! I'll hold them off!". He has a waning American accent.

Deimos_
2009-01-16, 10:58 AM
Mark Lopes

Mark realizes it's their chance to get out of the damned boat, and turns to the rest of the people on deck. "I'd rather go to a house with someone who doesn't scream and tries to kill us than stay between these homicidal weirdos. Demetrius, can she walk?" he asks pointing to the girl. After checking the whisky was still inside his coat, he took the only thing that could possibly be used as a weapon, the wooden chessboard.

OOC
The chess board is something like this, btw: http://www.yipperoocompany.com/images/PICT0110a.jpg

JackTR69
2009-01-16, 10:58 AM
Allen Crawford
Agreeing with Nathan on the inside while looking outwardly annoyed by his remark, Allen addresses the group.
"All right everyone, let's get to that house! Demetrius, can you carry your girl?"

OCC
This is going to be bad.

Galliun
2009-01-16, 11:05 AM
Nathan Thomas

"Ok, let's get ready to rumble. Or, you know. Run. Whatever works."

OOC

Yep. This is going to be horrible.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-16, 08:59 PM
Demetrius North

Demetrius strains a little, but picks up His Girl in his arms, and nods at the rest.

"I'll explain it when we get to the house, my brother, but Jesus..." He says to Allen, then continues with, "Cover me, my man, lets make a break for it." And he jumps off the top of the boat once more, this time managing to stay up on his feet. She curses a bit, and holds onto him ever more tightly. With a swift look around, he starts to sprint toward the house.

OOC

Horrible.

JackTR69
2009-01-17, 08:49 AM
Allen Crawford
Allen jumps off after Demetrius, pulling out his gun as he lands.

Deimos_
2009-01-17, 10:43 AM
Mark Lopes

Mark follows Demetrius and Allen, still holding the chessboard in one hand and making signals for Nathan and Marcus to come with the other.

Jimp
2009-01-17, 12:23 PM
OOC
I'm going to wait for everyone to reply with what they do before continuing on the beach.

On the beach so far:
Tichrondrius
Jack
Deimos_

Waiting for:
Galliun
detrevnisisiht

Galliun
2009-01-17, 01:39 PM
Nathan

Nathan runs to get the stuff for his computer, such as charger and whatnot, which all lie in it's case. After that, he follows Mark closely, jumping after him.

OOC
If there's time, of course.

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-17, 03:00 PM
Marcus
Marcus seems to hessitate for a moment, decided wether or not the ship was the smarter choice as apposed to leaving for whatever it was that had happened.

When he sees everyone else leave though, he quickly jumps down and follows them.

Wait up!

Jimp
2009-01-17, 09:28 PM
With everyone down off the boat, you start running towards the house. The greying man shoots again, sending a bullet clear through another person's head. With three of them down and the last quickly closing in on the man, he fumbles as he reloads his rifle, dropping the bullet into the sand. "Backup! Need some backup!" he shouts as he backtracks and searches his pockets for another bullet.

JackTR69
2009-01-17, 09:49 PM
Allen Crawford
"I've got you covered!"
Allen again raises his gun, squeezing the trigger twice just like he'd been trained.
Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Attack Roll 2: [roll1]
Damage Roll 1: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2: [roll3]
OCC
Those shots better take that thing down, otherwise this guy might be meat...
Edit: Darn, another natty 1.

Jimp
2009-01-17, 10:16 PM
Jack
Rule of 1 roll:
[roll0]
Hit location for shot 1:
[roll1]
Hit location for shot 2:
[roll2]
The recoil from your gun catches you at exactly the wrong moment, your arm flinches sending both bullets widely off target.

OOC
I don't know much about guns or shooting so fluffing up the critical miss was kinda hard. Did that make sense? :smalltongue:

Deimos_
2009-01-17, 10:41 PM
OOC
I believe recoil only applies after the first shot, but I could be wrong since the only experience I have is from FPS. :smalltongue:
I want to bash the zombie in the head with the chessboard. From what I understand of the improvised weapons rule I should make a Difficult Dexterity Test to land the blow, but I have no idea what to roll for damage. Also, do I take penalties for aiming at the head?

Jimp
2009-01-17, 11:10 PM
Deimos

Yep, so that would be 1d10+dex. There is a table with details for targeting specific locations on page 104 of the book, but I won't apply a penalty this time since you are basically running up behind it and clocking it.
For damage let's say 1d4xstr.

OOC for everyone
For this game, let's say that when trying to hit a very specific area, like hitting a hand or neck, use the penalties on page 104. When just shooting to kill, use the normal method: 1d10 for hit location or if you roll over 13 you will hit what you know as a vital area. So let's say you find out a certain zombie is weak in the arm, without calling it a roll of 13 of over will hit the arm, under 13 will need a hit location roll. When calling it use the penalties on page 104 and as usual, 9 or over you hit, under 9 you miss.
In a situation where it's hard to miss, like standing next to what you are targeting, ignore the penalties.
Sound reasonable?

Galliun
2009-01-18, 01:24 AM
OOC

*nods*

JackTR69
2009-01-18, 08:14 AM
Allen Crawford
"Damn it, I'm used to having another hand to brace with..."

OCC
Yeah, the recoil penalty only messes up shots after the first. I'm not sure why the second roll missed though, I rolled a 14, which is a 13 even with the recoil penalty, and even at pretty extreme range would still be a 9...
If you want to fluff up any misses for my guy, just blame it on the lost hand. It makes it hard to shoot the way he's used to shooting, so it would probably be the main reason he misses. Oh, and I don't want people to get the wrong impression of me. I'm not a gun nut, I don't own a gun, I don't plan to own a gun. I just have relatives in Arizona, so I can't help but know WAY too much about them.

Jimp
2009-01-18, 09:57 AM
OOC
The second roll missed since it would make better television, so to speak. Though the decision was mainly down to the -4 on the rule of 1 roll. I'm admittedly playing it a bit loose with the 1 and 10 rules and treating them more like fumbles and great successes the lower/higher the result.

Deimos_
2009-01-18, 10:46 AM
Mark Lopes

Mark reaches the last person and uses his chessboard to hit it in the head, hopefully before it kills the one guy who could make sense of all the situation. Somewhat regretting to have to damage a perfectly fine chess set, Mark attacks.

Difficult Dex Test
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

OOC
Checkmate, beatch! :smallmad:

Jimp
2009-01-18, 11:34 AM
OOC
Your roll missed, but if you say your OOC comment in character then I'll let it hit, because it was both badass and hilarious :smallcool:.

Deimos_
2009-01-18, 11:45 AM
OOC
Hehe thanks. Consider it in character if it's better, but you don't have to make the attack hit. It's up to you! :smalltongue:

Jimp
2009-01-18, 11:55 AM
Mark swings his chessboard for the person's head, his battle cry of 'Checkmate, beatch!' alerting the person. He turns his head, just in time to be hit square in the face by the chessboard. He falls back into the sand. The greying man turns to Allen , "Quick! Shoot it in the head! It's the only way to keep them down!".

JackTR69
2009-01-18, 12:21 PM
Allen Crawford
"What is this? 'Dawn of the mother f****** dead'?"
Allen stops to level another shot at the things head, this time compensating for his missing hand better.
Allen remembers that he only has one bullet left in his gun before he has to reload. Wait. How is he going to reload?
Using an aim action for another +1.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
OCC
*Boom, headshot*

Jimp
2009-01-18, 12:39 PM
Allen's bullet digs deep into the person's skull, a splatter of blood confirms the kill.
The greying man's face drops ". . .Where have you lot been for the past week?".

Tichrondrius
2009-01-18, 12:57 PM
Demetrius North

Demetrius, still holding his chick and unable to help, runs up next to Allen, sticking close to him. "I told you man, I killed the Captain!" He cusses a lot and runs some more, then shouts, "And the black guy dies in Night of the Living Dead!"

Deimos_
2009-01-18, 01:19 PM
Mark Lopes

After trying to clean the blood on the chessboard and evaluating any further damage to it, Mark turns to face the man. "We've unfortunately been lost last week, and didn't have any contact with the outside world until now. Can you be more specific as to what we lost, exactly?" he sounded a bit irritated but didn't think anyone could blame him. Something was obviously very wrong.

JackTR69
2009-01-18, 01:33 PM
Allen Crawford
Replying to Demetrius,
"Yeah the black guy dies, but I've never heard about the cripple making it through either."
Then turning to the grayed man,
"Ex officer Allen Crawford at your service. Now would you please tell me WHAT IN HELLS NAME IS GOING ON HERE!?"

Jimp
2009-01-18, 02:35 PM
They greying man gives a weary salute to Allen, "David Jones, ex-US Navy. I. . .I don't know how to tell you what's happened. It's so surreal. Let's just get to the house, we need to get the girl seen to and get ready for tonight. Any of you a doctor?"

JackTR69
2009-01-18, 03:17 PM
Allen Crawford
"Yeah, we got one around here somewhere. Let's get inside before we talk, I don't like being out in the open like this."

Jimp
2009-01-18, 06:39 PM
Everyone

"Alright, let's get inside."
The man leads you all up the beach to the back of the house. The walls and boarded windows are covered in indentations and claw marks. The rear door is covered in bits of wood and looks haggard and worn.
"We'll be safe inside for a while yet. It's daylight so it will take any Zeds that heard the Call a few hours to reach here. We shouldn't stay long though. We need to find another shelter by nightfall."
David Jones opens the door. You enter to a small hallway, the wooden floor is covered in muddy bootprints. There are rooms to the left and right with the kitchen in clear view at the end of the hall. David brings everyone to the room on the left. Inside, most of the furniture is either piled against the windows or in pieces on the floor. A toolbox lies open in the centre of what must have been the living room. At the back of the room is an opening into the kitchen-dining room. Hinges hang doorless in the opening as the doors have been propped against the kitchen windows. "Apologies for the mess, but I'll explain in a moment. The girl can rest on the mattress in the bedroom, it's just across the hall." .

Demetrius

David leads you back into the hall and through to the room on the right. As with the previous rooms only scant remnants of furniture are left. A mattress lies in the centre of the room, adorned by a single pillow. The two large windows are again boarded up, with more chunks of furniture pushed against them. "You're a good man for not leaving her behind," He says to you, "I'll go get that doctor.". He crosses back to the 'living room'

People in the living room

David re-enters. "So which one of you is the doctor?".

OOC
I can draw up a basic map of the house if you guys want.
Also, phew, a bit of a breather for a moment.
If you guys don't mind me asking, what do you think of the game so far? Any criticisms?

Tichrondrius
2009-01-18, 07:30 PM
Demetrius North

"Thanks man, thanks." Demetrius says, and lays his chick down on the mattress. "You gonna be okay, baby."

"Ohhh, it hurts..." She whispers.

"Nah, nah, they bringing help." He says, and rubs her hair.

OOC
Yeah, its cool. Shes going zed, isn't she? XD

Deimos_
2009-01-18, 07:49 PM
OOC
I'm really liking it so far Jimp. Looking forward to the exposition. Also, I'd like the map.

JackTR69
2009-01-18, 08:05 PM
Allen Crawford
Allen drops the now empty magazine out of his gun, leaving one bullet remaining in the chamber. He then awkwardly loads his other magazine, thinking to himself "8 shots left, better make them count".
OCC
Waiting for the doc to post before I do anything more. I'm liking the game so far. Very cinematic, like AFMBE should be. So, is anyone else picturing my character as Bruce Willis? Oh, and I don't think we need the map unless we're going to be doing any combat in the building. The second a zed tries to bite someone, I'd like a visual reference. It was okay not having one on the beach since it was more free roam, but in close quarters it's a little more necessary.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-18, 09:57 PM
OOC:
Well, thanks, I am now, Jack. Especially in that last post, bald and reloading his gun.

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-19, 01:50 AM
Marcus
That would be me sir. But my hands on medical work has been mostly with Pharmaceuticals and Therapy work for the past several years.
Marcus then says in a slightly frightened tone,
Also, it may help if we know what it is we are dealing with.

JackTR69
2009-01-19, 10:37 AM
Allen Crawford
"Yeah, what's goin' on here? Were those guys hyped up on meth or something? Why aren't there any cops around? You have a phone?"

OCC
We should all find the actors that we'd want to play our characters and create a cast list.

Jimp
2009-01-19, 01:39 PM
People in the living room

"Can you do some basic first aid or something doc'? The girl really needs help and you're the only one who can help her.". He turns to Allen, "I'll explain in a moment. Before then I think that we should introduce ourselves. I'm David Jones, ex-US Navy. I retired here a few years ago with my wife. Who's next?"

Deimos_
2009-01-19, 02:30 PM
Mark Lopes

"I'm Mark." he says briefly, while glancing around the room. "Listen. Do you have any alcohol?"

Tichrondrius
2009-01-19, 02:33 PM
Demetrius North

Demetrius continues to stroke his girls hand.

Don Cheadle is playing this guy, for some reason. lol

JackTR69
2009-01-19, 02:40 PM
Allen Crawford
"I'm Allen, ex undercover officer Crawford. I was on the force for a long time, until this." Allen raises his missing hand.

OCC
What do you know Don Cheadle from? Hotel Rwanda or Oceans?

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-19, 02:59 PM
I'm Dr. Marcus Koster, and yes I think I could work some basic first aid, she just better not need surgery or shes as good as gone. Wheres the bathroom? I could try to make use of some clean water and whatever I find in the medicine cabinet to work something out.

For starters lets get a tourniquet on that hand, anyone got a belt?

Galliun
2009-01-19, 05:11 PM
Nathan
"I'm Nathan.", he says, finally snapping to what was happening on his surroundings.

JackTR69
2009-01-19, 05:18 PM
OCC
did anyone else that was on the boat make it? Or were there no NPCs?

Jimp
2009-01-19, 05:41 PM
Deimos_

"I suppose we could all do with a drink, but keep it to one, we have to get moving as soon as we can. There's a bottle of wine in one of the kitchen cabinets."

detrevnisisiht

"The medicine cabinet is in the en-suite off of the bedroom. Should be a belt in there somewhere too."

Galliun

"Nathan, is that a computer you're holding? Does it work?"

OOC
There were no NPCs.

JackTR69
2009-01-19, 05:51 PM
Allen Crawford
After Nathan has answered the question, Allen asks:
"What happened to your wife, is she around here somewhere?"

Deimos_
2009-01-19, 06:17 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark, after hearing the man's words, immediatly goes for the kitchen to get the wine.

OOC
If I find glasses too, consider I took them and went back to the room, giving one to each one of the people at the table. Unless there is something of note on the kitchen the ZM wants to describe.

Jimp
2009-01-19, 09:44 PM
OOC

Going to wait for Galliun and detrevnisisiht before continuing.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-20, 12:19 AM
Oh man, I thought there were lots of NPCs in this game. Sorry, didn't mean to put too much on ya by inventing my girlfriend.

Both, actually, Jack, but I saw Oceans first. lol

Jimp
2009-01-20, 12:49 AM
OOC
I probably should have made it clearer that the party were the only people there.
I'm also completely in favour of having actors for your characters :smallbiggrin:.

JackTR69
2009-01-20, 07:21 AM
OCC
Yeah guys, don't let me and Trichondrius run the show. Let your characters have a little more to do with what's going on, they're just as interesting.

So, Paris Hilton for Demetrius' girlfriend? lol just kidding. That is, unless she gets a metal spike through her head like she did in 'House of Wax'.

Deimos_
2009-01-20, 09:55 AM
OOC
I really have no idea who would play Mark, any suggestions? :smallconfused:

I'll surf IMDB. :smallbiggrin:

Galliun
2009-01-20, 11:15 AM
Nathan
"Yes, yes it is. That's how I found out where we are. Ard Fennan, is that right?"

OOC

No idea who I can use as an actor. I used to know who would be perfect, but I usually draw a blank when I try to remember stuff like that.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-20, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I can't run the show from my little bedside post now anyway. :P

Oh, and btw, his girlfriend is played by Gabriel Union. XD

JackTR69
2009-01-20, 09:11 PM
In the great words of every teenage girl every to use IMing: "ZOMG LOLZ", that's exactly how I pictured her too.

Galliun
2009-01-21, 10:47 AM
OOC

Ok, I got it. Personality-wise, Leonard from Big Bang Theory. Clothing-wise, Sheldon, also from BBT. Looks, voice and whatnot, the Mac guy from the "I'm a Mac / I'm a PC" ads (Justin Long).

That dude also worked with Bruce Willis on Die Hard 4.0, so yeah.

Jimp
2009-01-21, 01:27 PM
Deimos_

Nothing special about the kitchen. Windows are boarded up, but otherwise it has the normal amenities. You get glasses and pour everyone a drink. David thanks you.
Do you go to the bedroom to give Demetrius a drink too?

Galliun

"Hah!" He claps his hands and smiles, "Yes it is. This is fantastic. My computer is stuck in the repair place in town, so I've had no way to find out what's been happening. TV and landlines went down about three days ago. My cell phone still works, but I haven't been able to get through to anyone I know. You can connect to my internet and find some stuff out, there's bound to be people on the internet with information.".

Jack

David's sudden burst of joy from talking to Nathan dies back down. "My wife got caught up in the initial rush. She was visiting her sister on the mainland. She's. . .long gone now. . ." He drinks deep from his glass and sighs.

Everyone else

Waiting for detrevnisisiht's response since he's fairly important right now.

OOC
It's greating getting these visualisations of the characters :smallbiggrin:.

Deimos_
2009-01-21, 03:11 PM
OOC
Ok, closest I got was young Tom Courtenay from Doctor Zhivago(great movie btw, I recommend it). Here's a video with him. http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=E6raF7kcJJs

Of course it's the bespectacled guy I'm talking about. :smallbiggrin:
Except for the scar and the eyes... well it's close I guess. Something like that.

@IC, yes I go to Demetrius and Marcus with drinks. Apocalypse partee! Why not have some fun before the undead hosts overrun us? :smallcool:

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-21, 09:34 PM
Marcus downs the drink, and goes searching the rooms for painkillers, penicillin, and a belt.

Assuming he finds a belt he quickly tightens it above the wrist of [insert woman's name] while he gives he the medicine. He then looks for something to stop the wound. clean sheets or the like to make into a bandage.

Jimp
2009-01-22, 12:33 PM
detrevnisisiht

You are able to find everything you need, even if they were all a bit scattered from their usual places.
The sheets aren't the cleanest, but not bad by any means.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-22, 12:59 PM
Demetrius North

"Its okay, love, you just relax, baby-girl." Demetrius reassured her, but she had closed her eyes. He didn't know whether it was to block out pain or she had passed out, but he took the drink gladly and took a huge swig, then went to join the others in the main room.

"Demetrius North, I just fix cars. Taking a little vacation... now what the hell are we dealing we? The Captain was dead, and I shot him again. He was up, walking around... the only things I know that do that are from... movies, you know?" He said.

Galliun
2009-01-22, 03:02 PM
Nathan Thomas

Nathan splurts without actually thinking:
"Technically, from stories in general. Games and books qualify too, you know?"
After the uncomfortable silence, he smiles in an apologetic way.

JackTR69
2009-01-22, 03:32 PM
Allen Crawford
"You guys aren't seriously thinking the same thing I'm thinking, are you? I mean, that's f****** crazy. It can't be that, they're just on some new drug or something."

Jimp
2009-01-22, 07:51 PM
Everyone (important)

David sighs and address everyone. "It's hard to believe, but its just like the movies. Early last week there was a new report about a man getting up in the middle of an operation and attacking the surgeons. Being a slow news day a camera crew went to the hospital to hunt for a follow up story. A few minutes later I found myself watching a live broadcast of the sh*t hitting the fan. The crew were interviewing a panicky woman outside the hospital ranting about dead patients attacking the staff. As she spoke people started running out of the hospital. A guy ran up to the crew and told them to get the cops and get out of there. A passing car hit one of the men who had just ran out. The camera focused in on the crash. The driver went to check the man, but the man just got straight up. His chest was all indented and bloody. The driver offered him a hand when the man grabbed hold of him and bit in his throat. The driver dropped to the floor in a messy puddle but got straight back up and started wandering towards the camera crew. Another fleeing woman ran up to the crew and told them to run for it as more bloodied and battered people started walking out of the hospitals front doors. Some of them had dressing gowns on, others had doctors scrubs, a few looked like normal civilians. Things went downhill fast from there. A few people were caught and attacked, others were trampled in the panic, others hit by cars. Cops arrived on the scene but got overrun. The news started showing footage from other countries; France, China, India, all showing the same scene. People dying left right and centre and just getting up and attacking passers by.
The cities turned into pits of chaos and the countryside locked up.
I called my wife but there was no answer. I called some of the boys in town here on the island. They said the island should be fine since the only way to get here is by boat. I decided to lock up the house here just in case.
I stayed watching the news. The anchor said that they had barricaded the broadcasting centre and they would continue to keep everyone updated. They filmed the streets from the roof of the studio. Information was scarce. The government's only input was to stay indoors. The studio crew got less formal as the hours passed with cameras moving to the windows and the staff giving what input they could. A few people said the people reminded them of zombies from the movies, so they started calling them zombies. I did too.
The hours passed slowly. there wasn't much anyone could do but either sit tight and watch. The news was the same around the world: the dead were rising and attacking the living. It seemed that anyone who died would rise, not just those who were attacked by zombies. Car crash victims, suicides, drownings, anyone. Some people tried fighting back but hitting the zombies had little or no effect. Most were overcome by the sheer numbers, other fled back indoors. Some zombies had started scratching at the barricaded doors of the studio, but didn't come close to breaking through. Seems that they only attacked people and didn't understand things like windows and doors. They walked into them or past them like walls.
Things stayed pretty quiet everywhere until nightfall. When it got dark, things changed. I think I'm going to need another drink to tell you guys the rest.
My good man, if you will?"
He tilts his glass towards Mark.

OOC
Wall of backstory. Hope you guys like it.

Deimos_
2009-01-22, 09:02 PM
Mark Lopes

Momentarily shocked, Mark fills David's glass.
"I don't think we have enough wine", he says in amazement, with his eyes on the old man as if to check if he could have just made that story up. Mark somehow knew he didn't.

OOC
Hehe, that looks really good, I'm excited to hear what else he has to say.

JackTR69
2009-01-22, 09:15 PM
Allen Crawford
"......You know, if I hadn't see those damn things myself, I'd think you were bat s*** crazy. Hell, even after the beach I still can't believe it."
Allen looks around the room at the others, trying to asses how freaked out everyone's getting.

OCC
Nice nice. Have we been told what the best way to take them down is yet?

Deimos_
2009-01-22, 09:19 PM
OOC
I'm deducing some stuff here, the four at the beach needed headshots, but the captain didn't... maybe it varies.

Jimp
2009-01-22, 09:37 PM
OOC
Jack
Yep remember that he told you on the beach that headshots were the only only way to keep them down? The post where he does is just over halfway down the third page. This applies to the ones on the beach at least :smallwink:

Tichrondrius
2009-01-23, 12:37 AM
Demetrius North

"No way, no ****ing way are we dealing with.... zombies? Honest to god or Satan or who ever is running the show now, zombies?" Demetrius clasped his hand to his head and peeked in on hi s girl right quick before stepping back. Then he just starts shaking his head back and forth and muttering, "I was just joking." Over and over.

OOC
Nice, juicy plot. :P

JackTR69
2009-01-23, 07:16 AM
Allen Crawford
"Alright, calm down everyone. So, you said that they're going to come back tonight sometime? Then I think we should get a move one. This doesn't seem like the most defensible position, so we should try to find someplace with more people, thicker walls, and more guns. Do you happen to have anything lying around here that would make a good weapon? I've only got eight shots left, and Demetrius is running low too if I remember right."

OCC
I think it's time to go back to the killing fields.

Galliun
2009-01-23, 10:31 PM
Nathan
"Wait, I can check to see if there's something close by we can use for cover or whatever."

OOC
If Nathan thinks the place they are right now is strong enough, he adds:
"But it's not like we're in a, how did you put it, death trap anymore.
End of OOC, back IC

As Nathan types in his computer (Computer Use check or something?), he speaks some more.

"So, logic tells me their body has to run on something, right? I mean, the reason we eat is to get energy to function. That must apply to them as well. Any chance we can let them starve to death?"

OOC

That was probably a bit too much to assume.

Also, yes, very awesome so far.

Deimos_
2009-01-24, 09:27 AM
OOC
Remember that he still has something to say guys.

JackTR69
2009-01-24, 10:08 AM
Allen Crawford
"Alright, pour the man another glass, and let's hear the rest of what he has to say."

OCC
Wow, I'd completely forgotten that he had more to say.

Galliun
2009-01-24, 11:45 AM
OOC

Ugh, my bad. Nevermind my last post.

Jimp
2009-01-24, 04:09 PM
Everyone (important)

David downs his drink quickly and sighs deeply.
"I know, it sounds like the movies. I wouldn't have believed it either if I didn't watch people dying on live TV. Things only got worse at night.
When it got dark, the zombies changed. They got faster, stronger, smarter. Almost predatory. Instead of limping and shuffling around, they started to run. Instead of grabbing and biting, the started pushing and clawing. Instead of wandering around until they saw someone, they started noticing signs of life. The crew in the studio filmed zombies breaking down the doors and windows of a building a block away that had the lights on inside. They shut their own lights off after that. Soon after they filmed a group trying to move from one building to another. As they ran one of them tripped and sweared. The zombies heard and ran for him. They ripped him to shreds. The rest of the group tried to outrun them, but they got tired and slowed, The zombies don't tire, they just keep running. They didn't last long.
Watching the city at night was tense. It was deadly quiet. The only noise was that of zombies running around. Occasionally a zombie would scream the most horrible scream and others would run towards it. The crew in the studio kept quiet. Most of them went to sleep with a few left to man the cameras and keep watch overnight.
I watched every second of that night. I was too scared to sleep. The studio crew managed to keep going too, which was a major morale boost for me.
In the morning the zombies went back to normal. Slow and easily out witted. The crew filmed groups of survivors moving around between buildings gathering food and other supplies. Those that picked their moment were alright. The zombies couldn't keep up with them. A few spent too long at locked doors or searching for certain things, the zombies slowly but surely caught up and overwhelmed them. The crew had enough food in the stuido to keep them going. I fell asleep in my chair.
When I woke up the news team were still going. City was pretty quiet. A few fires had broken out, not much else had happened. I decided to get to work and boarded up my windows, just in case. Took a few hours to move everything and take stuff apart, but I managed it. Called my wife again, still no answer. Called one of the boys in town. He said his brothers went out during the night to check on the other people in the island but never came back. He asked if I had seen them, when I told him that I never saw them he started to cry, We both assumed the worst. I told him he could come down to my house if he thought he couldn't hold his by himself. He said he would come over, but he never did. I assumed the worst.
Night came again and once again I was glued to the television crew and once again I fell asleep in my chair.
The next day was mostly the same. Tried improving my barricades, checked my supplies, called my wife, no answer, watched the TV.
That night the zombies broke through to the studio. One of the crew's cell phone fell out of his shirt pocket from the roof. He thought he lost it indoors and called it. The ringing outside the studio alerted the horde, and they came running. They fought bravely. They kept their barricades strong and tried setting fire to the zombies, which worked, but the fire spread through the building then. Last thing broadcast was the cameraman falling and the horde ripping him apart. One of them had big right hand with huge claws on it and no left hand, he did he most damage. His right hand cleaved a guy right in half. I threw up when I saw it. I've seen some sick sh*t while in the navy, but never a man getting cut in half. Minutes later the fire had enveloped the whole studio and the broadcast stopped. I fell asleep in my char again.
The next few days were quiet and empty. A few single zombies wandered down here to the beach. Through trial and terrifying error I found out that shooting them in the head seems to kill them outright. One of them nearly got me and all. I threw the bodies into the ocean, afraid they might come back.
One night two zombies ran down to the beach. I heard them dart past the windows. I woke up but tripped on some wood I left lying around. They heard and started attacking the walls and windows. Thankfully both held long enough for me to get into position and take them out. Another close call.
Things were quiet for the rest of the week. Those four you fought earlier only turned up in the early hours this morning. Good thing you arrived too, I doubt I could have taken them by myself. Some of the barricades can't take too much more either."
He breathes what sounds like a sigh of relief.
"And that's my life story." he chuckles.

OOC
Another mountain of text for you to digest. Hope it goes down well.
Jack and Galliun
Let's say those actions didn't happen and we will pick up again now.

Deimos_
2009-01-24, 05:24 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark fills his own glass with more wine, without saying anything. He looks to the others to check their reactions. They definitely did not have enough wine for the day.

OOC
That is tasty text. I wonder why he wants to get moving soon.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-24, 05:46 PM
Demetrius North

"Oh.. ****. Just.... no way, man, no way..." Demetrius mumbled, shaking violently and let himself slide down the wall to sit on the ground. "How could this happen? I think we should just sit tight, help will come soon. The... Marines or the Calvary or something."

Great story. :P

JackTR69
2009-01-24, 08:09 PM
Allen Crawford
Feeling like he should feel shaken by the story, Allen addresses David.
"So, you want to get a move on before they come back tonight because the house won't hold up overnight? I think I'd agree with you there, this place looks like it's been messed up pretty well already. I'd hate to think of trying to defend it, especially with the amount of ammo we've got left. Speaking of which, what do you have kicking around in the firearms department?"
Allen glances around the room, wishing that it was a gun shop and not a seaside shack, also taking time to subtly glance at people's faces to see how much this latest revelation is effecting them.

OCC
This is pretty sweet. By the way, does the guy with the giant claw arm happen to be a reference to Tyrant from the Resident Evil series?
On another note, everyone who likes boardgames should look up "Last Night On Earth: The Zombie Game. I picked it up beginning of the week, and it's soooo much fun.

Galliun
2009-01-25, 04:34 PM
Re-posting and fixing my last post.

Nathan Thomas

Nathan took a few moments to take it all in. It was a terrible story, and quite frightening. After a bit of silence, he finally spoke.
"Wait, let me check to see if there's something close by we can use for cover or whatever."

As Nathan types in his computer (Computer Use check or something?), he speaks some more.

"So, logic tells me their body has to run on something, right? I mean, the reason we eat is to get energy to function. That must apply to them as well. Any chance we can let them starve to death?", he says, trying to sound confident and brave.

OOC

Very movie-ish. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

MY GOD THESE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD! I hate having to post this thing thirty times just so it goes through once!

Jimp
2009-01-26, 11:41 AM
Tichrondrius

"I'm not sure where the army is. All I know is that I've been pretty safe right here for the last few days, but probably not for much longer."

Jack

"Yeah I think we should get a move on soon. Sounded like other zombies heard the screams of the four on the beach, so they will be coming. We have a good few hours before it goes dark, plenty of time to find another safehouse. If we stay here until tonight we'll have to deal with more zombies, the fast ones too.
As for firepower, I have my rifle and a decent supply of rounds for it. I have a pistol in the bedroom somewhere and two spare clips. That about does it for guns. There's an axe for firewood under the sink if anyone feels like bringing it."

Galliun
You quickly find maps of the area using search engines. The nearest house is to the northwest of where you are, up the hill and through a few fields. Looks like it would take about two hours to walk there.
"I don't know if they live on anything or starve, it's only been a week. A week where they have had no shortage of prey to feed on. Shots to the head seem to work, so I guess they need their brain to function."

OOC
Sorry about the delays. Forums are going through a rough patch as you all know.

JackTR69
2009-01-26, 01:13 PM
Allen Crawford
"Alright, I'll go take a look at that other gun. We should get a move on right off, we can't afford to still be out there when it gets dark. Do you have anything we can wheel his girl around in? I'm not sure if she's going to be up for a long walk. A wheelchair would be nice, but a wheelbarrow or something would work too."
With that, Allen goes to grab the other gun from the bedroom.
He comes back out to the main room a moment later holding the gun.
"Hey, any of you from the boat know how to fire one of these?"
OCC
Yeah, the forum's being a pain. What kind of gun is the pistol in the bedroom? Since he's ex navy, he'd probably have something he's familiar with, which would either be a .45 like Allen has or a 9mm of some kind. By the way, when are you planning on giving us experience? The books says to do it at the end of every session, but that's not really an option in PBP.

Deimos_
2009-01-26, 02:30 PM
Mark Lopes

A little reluctantly, Mark finishes his wine glass, getting up slowly. "I guess it can't be helped, I'll get moving with you all. I don't want the firearm though, I'd probably kill myself with it", he says looking suspiciously at the gun.

Mark takes the wine bottle, intending to carry it with him on the trip.

OOC
Booze 'n zeds. What else do you need?

Tichrondrius
2009-01-26, 04:14 PM
Demetrius North

"What, you gonna bust some zombies with a wine bottle?" Demetrius jokes, reverting to an old using humour to mask his horror tactic. "I would get that axe, but I already got my trusty wrench... what I really need is bullets." He said, pulling out his gun checking his last three in it. "Or maybe that rifle... what kinda gun is that, man?" He asked Allen, after he got the gun out of the bedroom.

At the reference to his girl, he looked somber. "Listen, guys... if we can't safely transport my girl out of here I'll just stay here with her. I don't want to burden you all."

Deimos_
2009-01-26, 05:48 PM
Mark Lopes

"I'd never do that", said Mark looking a bit surprised, not getting the joke. "It would be a terrible waste of perfectly good wine."

"I don't think we should get separated now. There is strength in numbers. I'm in favor of defending this place if there is really no way to move the girl with us."

Jimp
2009-01-26, 07:42 PM
Jack

"I'm afraid I don't have anything like that. I do have a bike and tools though, we could jury rig something."

The pistol is the same as Jack's. To copy and paste from his character sheet:
Colt 1911A1 .45 Handgun
D8x4 damage, 3/10/20/60/120 range
It has one full clip and there are two spares.

JackTR69
2009-01-27, 07:18 AM
Allen Crawford
"Alright, I really don't think staying here's an option. We'll just get rushed by more than we can handle until we're all dead. Let's take that bike out and see what we can fix up. Here Demetrius, you can take this one, but I'm keeping one of the extra clips."
He sets one magazine and the gun on the table in front of Demetrius.
"You know how to use one of these?"

OCC
Wow, that just reminded me that I've got one more magazine than I thought I did. That's really good. So now we've got everyone who knows how to use a gun decently armed, who's going to take the axe? It's sure not going to be Allen, the whole missing hand bit makes a two handed swing not an option.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-27, 06:05 PM
Demetrius North

"Thanks buddy, this gun of the Captains is almost out." Demetrius says, picking up the new gun and stuffing it in his pants along with the clip. "Oh yeah, just point and click, man." He responds to Allen's second question. Then he ducks back in to lean next to his girl, checking on her.

Galliun
2009-01-28, 04:45 PM
Nathan Thomas

"So how are you going to shoot while tending to your girlfriend? You have two weapons and a wrench, wouldn't it be better if someone else had the gun?", Nathan says.

OOC

Sounds pissy. Shouldn't sound pissy.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-28, 08:13 PM
Demetrius North

Demetrius looked ****-eyed over at Nathan. "Why, man, you know how to use one of these things?" He said, taking out the Captain's Gun and brandishing it at him handle first. "This Captains one is about useless anyways, only two or three bullets left by my count." The black man said, looking over at his girl and wondering what to do.

Galliun
2009-01-28, 08:52 PM
Nathan Thomas

Nathan sighs.

"It's not about me knowing how to use it. It's about you not having thirty-five hands and managing your girlfriend, the captain's gun, the other fully loaded gun, and also running for your life. If you can do all those things and not drag us down with you, be my guest. If not, well...", Nathan says, with a harsh tone, saying the last word and then falling silent.

JackTR69
2009-01-28, 09:03 PM
Allen Crawford
"Demetrius, I think Nathans right. You should at least give someone else the captains gun. I fact, I think Nathan should be the one to have it, since it's his idea. Just don't point it at anything you don't want to kill and you'll be fine."

Jimp
2009-01-28, 10:35 PM
Everyone (important)
Once you have finished talking amongst yourselves in character I need to know what everyone is doing next before they leave the house.

OOC
Sorry Jack I totally missed your experience question. I'm probably going to give out experience when you finish resting for the night.

Galliun
2009-01-28, 11:29 PM
Nathan Thomas

"Thanks. Now that this is settled, let me explain to you where we should go.", Nathan says, and explains the others where exactly their objective is at.

OOC

If there's paper and a pen, I could maybe draw a map? Or let David do it?

BTW, that gun thing was totally IC ;)

Jimp
2009-01-29, 12:04 AM
Galliun

Yep there are pens and some paper in the house. Whether you draw it or not is up to you.

Everyone (kinda important)
Most of the normal everyday stuff you would expect in a small coastal home is there, it's just been scattered. If you think that something might not be there, like scuba gear or a spare car tyre, then ask. Otherwise you are pretty safe to just take or use things like pen, paper, washing up liquid, towels, cups, etc.

JackTR69
2009-01-29, 07:06 AM
Allen Crawford
"All right, It'd be good if you could draw out a map. Then we should grab all the dried and canned food we can carry and stuff it in backpacks, garbage bags, whatever. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to have to go out again for supplies unless we have to. Oh, and someone remind me to grab that damn book and my flashlight off the beach. I think I dropped them when I got off the boat, the wife would kill me if she found out I lost them."

OCC
Yeah, we're all fine at keeping IC actually IC.
So, does anyone else think that we should photoshop a move poster for this game? It wouldn't be hard I don't think, just find other pictures of our actors that would work. I think it would be up to Jimp to make the title.

Deimos_
2009-01-29, 12:09 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark sighs. "If we're leaving I'll go with you, then. We should consider going back to the boat, though. If I remember correctly there are valuable provisions there for people trying to survive in a hostile environment with limited supplies: canned water."

"Not that I want it" He finishes, sounding offended and holding the wine bottle closer.

OOC
I really think the canned water is important.

JackTR69
2009-01-29, 04:04 PM
Allen Crawford
"Sounds like a good idea, why don't the two of us go out there and get that stuff now, while everyone else gets what they need from here. You might want to grab that woodcutting ax, just in case."

OCC
Just in case the ZM tries to kill us :smallwink:
And yes, canned water is very important. Almost as important as canned air.

Deimos_
2009-01-29, 04:54 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark nods, takes the axe and waves it around, trying the weight and feel of the weapon. Though he wields it quite clumsily, he turns to Allen with an approving look, ready to go.

OOC
Rofl @canned air.

I have an axe, 1 STR, whisky and wine. Ready for the whole freakin' campaign.

JackTR69
2009-01-29, 07:14 PM
Allen Crawford
Assuming no one stops them, Allen leaves the building to go to the boat, motioning for Mark to follow.

OCC
Now we get to see if our quest for canned air will end up with us as the newest members of the zombie hoard.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-29, 07:19 PM
Demetrius North

"Try not to get us all killed, man." Demetrius said, handing over the Captains gun to Nathan. "Hey, dude, don't forget to get that book." He said, smiling wryly over at Allen. Then he picked up his bag and started packing provisions in it, canned food, towels, washing up liquid. He looked around, considering.

"You think you might need one of these air tubes for the scuba gear?" Demetrius asked, considering. "I mean, you never know."

IC is IC, dude. XD

JackTR69
2009-01-29, 07:30 PM
Allen Crawford
Allen yells back at Demetrius, "You know, trying has never really been my thing. I'm more of a doer."
He pulls out his gun, just in case there's something out there.

OCC
Just putting an update out on detrevnisisiht. He's a little busy with some stuff right now, but he's not out of the game. Our Doc should be back in the house soon, one way or another.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-29, 08:31 PM
Good thing hes 'in deposed' with my girlfriend then. Gives his character an excuse.

Jimp
2009-01-30, 07:32 PM
So to double check what everyone is doing right now:

Jack and Deimos

You're going back to the boat.

Tichrondrius

You're staying in the house gathering some supplies.

Galliun

You're making out a map of where to go.

detrevnisisiht

Busy at the moment but will be back in a few days.

OOC
As a side note, 6 pages already. Awesome :smallbiggrin:
I'm also in complete favour of the movie poster idea. I'm terrible with photoshop though. Any volunteers? I'm also open to suggestions for names.

Galliun
2009-01-30, 07:58 PM
OOC

Yes, you're right.

How about "Death Toll"? Taken from Left 4 Dead, but still a good name.

Edit - "Dead on Arrival"?

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-30, 11:29 PM
Marcus Koster

Marcus continues to treat Demetrius's girl. Stopping for a moment when he and Allen head out to the boat. "Would you also look for any first aid gear on the ship, my supplies are limited"

As he treats her he finds some sort of carrying case(preferable a suitcase) and packs as many belts as he can find and everything in the medicine cabinet(A list of what I find would be great), adding the contents of his own first aid kit.

OOC
Yeah, some hard stuff happening on my end, I'll get back in the action soon enough.

Deimos_
2009-01-31, 07:20 AM
OOC
Don't worry about it Doc. Movie poster is an interesting idea, though I, too, have absolutely no talent in creating anything with Photoshop.

JackTR69
2009-01-31, 07:51 AM
OOC
Yeah, we're heading to the boat to see what we can find. Like zombies.
I'm not too good with photoshop either, but if we get it all planned out I'm sure I can get a friend to help me with it.

Galliun
2009-01-31, 08:25 AM
OOC

I'm sure I could whip something up, but, alas, I do not have Photoshop, nor do I have actual time to mess with it =(

Jimp
2009-02-04, 06:43 AM
OOC
Hooray forums are back! :smallbiggrin:
I'm pretty busy today so I'll continue on the game tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay everyone.

Deimos_
2009-02-04, 02:22 PM
OOC
Woot! Hey again everyone.

Take your time Jimp. But oh my god, don't let this die, I'm loving the game.

JackTR69
2009-02-04, 02:42 PM
OCC
I'm still here, and I'm sure we can keep this game going. Even if we have a player or two drop from it, I think I can scrounge a player or two from my real life group to fill in for anyone who's missing.

Galliun
2009-02-04, 03:40 PM
OOC

I'm definitely still here.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-04, 08:11 PM
Naturally. A single two day forum destroyer isn't enough to drive me away.

Jimp
2009-02-05, 03:53 PM
Jack and Deimos

It's quiet outside. The zombies' bodies remain dead in the sand. A cool breeze blows.

Tichrondrius

You get the following supplies into a backpack you find:
2 small towels
1 large towel
2 days canned food for 6
1 small bottle of washing up liquid
2 two litre bottles of water
If you want to look for more specifics let me know.

Galliun

You make out a map on paper.
(OOC) I have not made it though, I'll post it when I draw it out.

detrevnisisiht

You get a decent sized briefcase, small enough to carry around in your hand but thankfully large enough to fit what you needed. Here's a list of supplies you got:
4 more belts
24 box of painkillers
7 box of immediate action painkillers
1 bottle of cough medicine
1 tube of arthritis relief cream
1 inhaler with 1 refill tube.
Your first aid kit items: bandages, sling, other normal stuff.

OOC
I like the 'Dead on Arrival' name suggestion.
I hope you guys don't mind but one of Jack's friends will be joining the game soon.

JackTR69
2009-02-05, 08:41 PM
Allen Crawford
"All right, let's see what we can find on the ship..."
Allen starts walking over to board the ship.

OOC
Note that my friend also loves photoshop, and the idea of making a poster. His entire character design was thought up after looking at one. Oh, and Mashimoto (who I will call Mash from here on out), I'd assume you can pipe in out of character if the ZM doesn't have a problem with it.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-05, 10:01 PM
Demetrius North

"I guess these things will be enough to roll with..." He mutters to himself, and hoists it up on his back, scanning the room one last time before going back to check on his girl.

"How is she?" Demetrius asks the doctor.

Mashimoto
2009-02-06, 12:03 AM
OOC: (Of course I am, I don't have an official IC yet!) Hey everybody, great game you guys have going here. Im looking forward to joining it soon.

Galliun
2009-02-06, 01:54 AM
OOC

Hey, Mash! Welcome to our little party!

... Hey, a zombie party is still a party!

Mashimoto
2009-02-06, 06:19 AM
OOC
Ain't no party like a zombie party cause a zombie party don't stop.

...trying to eat your brainz.

Deimos_
2009-02-06, 06:24 PM
Mark Lopes

"Oh yes. Sure." Now that he is out of the relative safety of the house, Mark kind of regrets having to leave the place. Following Allen with the axe hanging by his side, he grunts a complain about it's weight. "I usually play Chopin around this time" he says absently, checking his watch. "Do you enjoy Chopin, Crawford?"

OOC
Welcome Mashimoto. Looking forward to playing with you.

And my post pretty much was my way of asking the DM the time. :smallbiggrin:

Mashimoto
2009-02-06, 09:13 PM
OOC: here's the poster...(my character is included. I only put in people who submitted actors they'd like, sorry if I missed anyone...Im really not sure, but it was hard as hell fitting these six in as it was)
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/Mashimoto/DeadOnArrival.jpg

Deimos_
2009-02-07, 08:38 AM
OOC
ROFLMAO! That is genius. Dude, that made my day, good job. Thanks for using Mark's warcry too. :smallamused:

JackTR69
2009-02-07, 12:18 PM
Allen Crawford
"Eh, I've always been a fan of The Doors myself. Keep your eyes peeled, I'm not entirely convinced that the captain and his buddies are down for the count yet. We'll both go on deck, and you'll stay up to keep watch. I'll go below and look for supplies, and check to make sure the captain didn't get up and walk away. Don't do anything heroic, being stupid's my job.
Allen begins to execute his boarding plan, intending to go below deck to check on the captain first.

OCC
Sweet poster. Now what else can we do to glorify the cinema in this game?

Jimp
2009-02-07, 02:15 PM
Jack

Bellow deck is a mess, empty cans and bottles litter the floor. Lying face down in a pool of pitch black liquid is the body of the captain. His right arm is larger and more muscular than normal. His hand has large knife-long claws instead of fingers. The edges of these blade-like fingers are coated in Aaliyah's blood. His left arm is shrunken and shrivelled. The door to the store room where his body was stashed is smashed off the hinges.

Deimos_

Everything looks clear from on top of the deck.Perception check to see if you spot something:
[roll0]
As you keep watch:You see what looks like a small car on the crest of a hill, driving through a field behind the beach house. It's going slowly but swerving over and back. There are two more fields between beach house and the field with the hill and car.

Tichrondrius

In case detrevnisisiht is too busy to respond, his character lets you know that: he has stopped the bleeding but she the muscles around her ankle have been torn badly so she must stay off her leg.

detrevnisisiht

If you are back in time to respond you can say what's in the spoiler tags above.

OOC
That poster is awesome :smallbiggrin: I love it :smallbiggrin: Keep the cinematic ideas coming!

detrevnisisiht
2009-02-07, 02:33 PM
"Her one ankle is torn very badly, she had better stay off of it. The only other thing I can do for her is give her painkillers and keep an eye out for any infection she may have gotten from that...thing."

Deimos_
2009-02-07, 04:12 PM
OOC
Just to be clear, is the car going towards the beach house?

Jimp
2009-02-07, 05:50 PM
Deimos

Not really, it looks to just be swerving around the field.
The fields are separated by ditches and plant life so for it to reach the house it would have to drive through two sets of ditches and thick bushes.

JackTR69
2009-02-07, 06:21 PM
Allen Crawford
Allen walks over to the body of the captain, aiming his gun at the things head. He inspects the claws, muttering obscenities to himself after seeing the degree of the mutation. He the searches the rest of the boat to see what there is to find.
Notice: [roll0]

OCC
I'm thinking of making some of our characters into Last Night On Earth: The Zombie Game characters, I'll probably even get them posted on Board Game Geek.

Jimp
2009-02-07, 06:50 PM
Jack

On board there is a coil of rope, 6 small bottles of water, some pens and paper, a scientific calculator and a pair of binoculars. The rest of the equipment on boards doesn't work. Food supplies have run out.

OOC
What's Last Night On Earth: The Zombie Game?

Deimos_
2009-02-07, 07:10 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark, for a few seconds, silently watches the car. After a bit of consideration, he concludes the more numbers, the more likely survival is. He searches around the deck for any kind of flare. If there is none to be found, he asks Allen. "Hey! There are survivors in the distance. Look for any flare or something to grab their attention. They have a car."

"And possibly drinks." He mutters, holding the wine bottle more firmly.

OOC
I'm not sure what I should roll? Jack rolled Notice, I suppose it is perception based, but if so, why is the modifier +6... *noob*

Would like to know what time it is. In-game, of course. :smallbiggrin:

JackTR69
2009-02-07, 07:24 PM
Allen Crawford
"I don't see one down here, do you have a lighter?"
Allen gathers together what supplies he found. He kicks the captains corpse in the head on his way above deck, muttering to himself.
"Who the hell doesn't bring extra ammo for their damn gun. A six shooter even..."

OOC
Not me complaining about a lack of extra ammo, just my character.
I got a +6 to Notice from my perception score (3), plus my Notice skill (3).
LNOE is a board game that pits zombies against small town survivors, both controlled by the players. It's a really cinematic game, I like it a lot. All of the pieces are really modular, so you can modify the game pretty readily. Such as changing the cast of characters to include a one handed ex cop who's having a very bad day.

Jimp
2009-02-07, 07:45 PM
Deimos

You can't see a flare gun anywhere. The time is now 12:10pm.

OOC
Sorry I completely forgot that you asked for the time.

Deimos_
2009-02-07, 07:50 PM
OOC
Understood. I'll search for a flare or something useful to grab the attention of the survivor(s). On the deck, where Allen didn't look, of course.

[roll0]

Jimp
2009-02-07, 08:44 PM
Deimos

You can't find a flare gun or anything marked specifically but you did find a small metal box with a lock on the front.

JackTR69
2009-02-07, 09:09 PM
OOC
Let me know when Allen gets above deck.

Deimos_
2009-02-07, 09:47 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark examines the box for a few moments, and then bashes the lock with the back part of the axe, first carefully, afraid to damage the inside.

OOC
I'm sorry, I missed your first post where you said there wasn't a flare, it looked like I was insisting. I'll roll strength for the check, I suppose it is appropriate?

[roll0]

Let me know if I did it right.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-08, 03:16 AM
Demetrius North

"Damn. Well... you got any painkillers, doc?" Demetrius asks, taking a look around to see if any are around.

Bad ass poster. ^^
Notice: [roll0]

Deimos_
2009-02-08, 05:42 PM
OOC

John begins to execute his boarding plan, intending to go below deck to check on the captain first.

HAY JOHN HAVE U SEEN ALLEN, BALD GUY, NO HAND, SOMEWHAT GRUMPY?
:smallbiggrin:

Galliun
2009-02-08, 06:40 PM
Nathan Thomas

Nathan is finishing up the map and will wait for others to rejoin the people in the house. After he finishes the map, Nathan 'surfs teh interwebz' for news on what the hell is going on.

JackTR69
2009-02-08, 10:08 PM
OCC
It's Allen now. I need to stop posting when I've only gotten 2 hours of sleep.

Deimos_
2009-02-10, 03:04 PM
OOC
Bumping this... what happened guys?

JackTR69
2009-02-10, 03:16 PM
OOC
I think we're just waiting for Jimp to post what happens when you try to bash the box open.
It might be a good idea to check up on anyone who hasn't posted in awhile, with the forums down so much and all.

Jimp
2009-02-10, 04:55 PM
Jack and Deimos

Allen arrived back on deck just in time to watch Mark put a solid dent in a locked box. The box doesn't open.

Galliun

There is a good bit of information on the internet, I'll give you what you find when I have it typed out.

OOC
Sorry for the delays everyone, I've been online at odd hours the last few days so haven't been in the best position to update.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-11, 02:35 AM
Demetrius North

Demetrius grabs a bottle of something and leans down next to his girl. "Baby, baby, take some of this..." He says, trying to give her some painkillers and wait on the others to get back.

JackTR69
2009-02-11, 07:01 AM
Allen Crawford
"What do you figure's in that box?"

Deimos_
2009-02-11, 03:56 PM
Mark Lopes

"No clue. Intend to find out, though."

Mark bashes it again with the axe, grunting something about physical labor and inconvenience.

OOC
STR roll!

[roll0]

EDIT: Crap :smallbiggrin:

JackTR69
2009-02-11, 07:02 PM
Allen Crawford
(assuming that a 3 doesn't open the box)
"Let me give that a try..."
Allen takes the axe from his companion and attempts to break the box open himself, leaving the supplies he brought up on the deck.
[roll0]

Jimp
2009-02-12, 01:07 PM
Jack and Deimos

Mark's second try fails miserably but Allen's mighty wallop blows the lock open. Inside the box is a flare gun with two flares, a first aid kit and a deflated life jackets folded away.

Tichrondrius

The Doc gives you two painkiller tablets from his supply to give to your girl.

People in the house

David puts on a heavy coat, "Let's get the other two and get out of here." He turns to Demetrius, "Can you carry her? Or do we need to rig something up?"

OOC
Sorry again for the lack of updates. Ruining the pacing a bit. Odd online hours suck

Deimos_
2009-02-12, 04:52 PM
Mark Lopes

"Well. That was plenty effective." Mark says with a slight irritation showing in his voice, taking the axe back from Allen. "Think we can grab those guys' attention?" He points to the car in the distance.

OOC
Quality > quantity Jimp. You keep that up and I'll be more than satisfied. :smallsmile:

JackTR69
2009-02-12, 06:00 PM
Allen Crawford
"Yeah, I doubt they could miss one of these. Why don't you fire one off, just into the air. Try not to hit the house."
Allen begins testing the strength of the rope.

OOC
It's fine, the forums haven't exactly been helping anyone either.

Deimos_
2009-02-12, 06:15 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark clumsily tries to arm the flare. He aims for a deserted part of the beach, and fires it pointing the flare upwards for maximum visibility.

"That's the best I can do. Let's see if we get any response, if not, you fire the next. Me and this kind of stuff don't do well together." He says while carefully putting the flare back to it's place, then looking at the direction of the faraway car.

Jimp
2009-02-12, 07:25 PM
Jack and Deimos

For reference, here is what the car looks like (http://www.bestservis.com/uygulamalarimiz/306gokhan.jpg).

Mashimoto
2009-02-12, 08:29 PM
Richard Farragut
Human Norm
Qualities: 11
Drawbacks: -6

Primary Attributes
Int: 3
Per: 2
Will:2

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 26
Max Speed: 10mph

Qualities (11)
Attractiveness (2)
Charisma (2)
Contacts (Terrorist) (1)
Nerves of Steel (3)
Resources (1)
Situational Awareness (2)

Drawbacks (6)
Adversary (Authority) (1)
Recurring Nightmares (1)
Secret (former IRA membership) (2)
Status (terrorist) (2)

Skills (30)
Brawling (3)
Demolitions (4)
Guns (rifles) (3)
guns (pistols) (2)
Mechanic (3)
Notice (2)
Play Instrument (guitar) (1)
Singing (1)
Traps (3)
Smooth Talking (3)
Seduction (2)
Streetwise (3)

Equipment
Cell Phone
Binoculars
Backpack
Canned food (4 days)
Multitool
Sleeping Bag
Ski Mask (not wearing)
Class I Armor (essentially a sweater vest)
SIG P220 9mm pistol. d6x4 damage. 9 rounds/clip. (0 clips)
AK-47 7.62mm assault rifle. D8x5 damage. 30 rounds/clip. (60 bullets–2 clips)

Richard Farragut looks at himself in the mirror as he slides the straight razor across the shaving cream on his cheeks– the stubble of his rough red beard. His eyes are sunken in, their once vibrant green pools have turned gray, and the bags beneath them grow more pronounced daily.

‘Everybody had it tough in the 80’s’ he thinks to himself. ‘Ronald Reagan, the cold war, Michael Jackson, cocaine. It was a weird time for everybody.’ He puts the razor away, and wipes away the shaving cream. The light in the house is out. It’s daytime, but very little light shines through the cracks in the boarded up windows. The sofa has been propped against the door. The television is on, spewing static. ‘It wasn’t so bad for me. Italian cars. French food. American women.’ He pauses, and uses a little water to brush his teeth, wondering how long before the electricity goes out, and with it, the water. ‘I didn’t have it much worse than anybody’ he thinks.

‘But then, there were the car bombs.’

‘ The Russian explosives. Syrian guns. The Columbian drugs…’ The explosions, the shootings, the kidnappings, the murders. The torn and dull posters. The speeches in back alleys. The plotting in dark rooms and in dark pubs. The men with scars across their faces. Making bombs in basements, his hands always smelling of gunpowder… The children holding a gun for the first time...’

He finishes brushing his teeth. His fingers twitch for the gun lying on the sink as a lumbering body slams against the door, a hand pressing against the glass of a window. He couldn’t stay here for long. He couldn’t last another nightfall. He’d have to leave, and soon. His gear is already packed.

“Yeah…” Richard says out loud, to everybody in the world, although he is alone. “The 80’s were tough for everybody.”

(P.S. I figure the British government has more to worry about now than washed up terrorists, so I lowered the drawback value, same reason why I lowered the quality for IRA contacts. P.S. ‘Seduction’ automatically comes with any Irish character)

Richard Farragut
Richard Farragut slows the car as he watches the flare arc across the sky. He draws the car carefully to the side of the road and opens the door. He lays prone on the embankment, and holds binoculars to his eyes, quietly watching near the source of the flare and praying to see somebody that isn't shambling.

Mashimoto
2009-02-12, 08:40 PM
Notice:[roll0]
hey guys, I made some noob-posting mistake and my roll didnt go through, I removed it and am posting it again. Just to reiterate, Im not trying to fudge my rolls or anything. Right. Soarry about that. Oh, and ZM, modifier for binoculars is up to you. Rulebook seems vague on them.

Jimp
2009-02-12, 08:55 PM
Mashimoto

You park the car off the side of the vague dirt path that leads through the fields. Through your binoculars you see two men standing on the deck of a small boat washed ashore on the beach. One is holding an axe in one hand but seems to be missing the other. The second is wearing expensive looking summer clothes and is holding a flare gun. Also on the beach you spot four bodies with footprints leading from the boat to a small boarded up beach house. The four bodies have clear bullet holes in their skulls.

Deimos_
2009-02-12, 09:09 PM
OOC
Nice char Mashimoto! Looks like we have a blaster. :smalltongue:

I liked your BG.

Mashimoto
2009-02-12, 09:36 PM
Richard Farragut
Richard sees the survivors, and the shipwreck. The rouse would be too elaborate to be a simple trap. They probably weren't hostile. He steps back into the car and begins driving toward the beach. When he is within yelling distance, he steps out of the car. Forming his hands into a megahorn, he yells to them.

"Just another day at the beach, eh lads? Looks like a perfect Irish swell, no?"

Galliun
2009-02-12, 09:43 PM
Nathan

After reading the stuff on the internet, Nathan is taken aback, and still is quite shocked. After the initial scare passed, though, he got up.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Tichrondrius
2009-02-12, 10:06 PM
Demetrius North

"Thanks man, yeah I got her." Demetrius says, lifting his girl up on his back and peaking outside. He looks back at Nathan right quick before saying, "Hey, I wonder if they wanted us to go out and meet them when we were done here. You coming?"

Galliun
2009-02-12, 11:33 PM
Nathan

"Nah, I'm pretty sure we should wait for them to get back. But if they don't come back in, say, 10 minutes, we go."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-13, 12:42 AM
Demetrius North

"Sounds good, bro." He offered back and lowered his girl into a chair near the door before annoying looking over Nathan's shoulder.

JackTR69
2009-02-13, 06:53 AM
Allen Crawford
"Yeah, wanna go for a swim? Why don't you come over here so we can talk instead of yelling?"
Allen begins to climb off the boat to meet this new person on the beach sliding his gun into it's holster (although leaving the safety off).

OOC
Hey Mash, I think you mean to write that you had one clip for your pistol? Because right now it says you have none? Which would mean no bullets?

Mashimoto
2009-02-13, 03:07 PM
Richard Farragut

Richard Farragut begins the descent to the beach. He is wearing an assortment of fatigues and civilian clothes- an old army jacket over a faded t-shirt and a pair of military pants. Across his back, an AK-47 is slung like a wild-west lawman, and a pistol juts out from a holster in his belt. His unkempt hair cuts across his face, and he wears a red beret with a patch long-removed.

"Yanks?" he says to them, noticing Allen's accent. "Well, I suppose it could be worse...you could all be French. And Id love to go for a swim...being eaten by a shark is somehow lower on my list of dangers than it was a week ago." When he reaches them, he smiles and extends his hand. "The name's Richard," he says. "Richard Farragut. Pleased to meet you. I wish we could have more of an Irish introduction but..." his extends the thumb and pinky of his other hand and holds them to his mouth, as if taking a drink. "Drank it all yesterday."

OOC: Yeah, Jack. I meant to say I have one clip and 0 bullets. Is the ZM okay with it?

JackTR69
2009-02-13, 05:02 PM
Allen Crawford
"Yeah, a toast for not getting eaten yet. So, where did you get those?" Allen says, gesturing towards the guns. "I was under the impression they didn't want firearms in a country where everyone spends most of their time drunk."

Mashimoto
2009-02-13, 05:46 PM
Richard Farragut
"Oh, this? I've been saving it for a rainy day. Good thing I did, it's really pouring now, wouldnt'ya say?"

Deimos_
2009-02-14, 09:20 AM
Mark Lopes

Mark followed Allen to the beach when the car stopped, making sure to pick up the flare with the last charge. After taking a good look at the newcomer, he talks.

"Yep, nice to meet you. Can't say I'm not happy to see a heavily armed fellow in a deserted beach, and a week ago you bet I wouldn't be. Mind if I use a bit of your space?" He asks showing the wine bottle, the axe and the flare, and then pointing to the car.

"We have more people with us in the house, including one wounded girl. Transportation would be most welcome." Mark glances at the car again.

OOC
Yesterday my internet went bat**** insane and I couldn't check the game. But now I'm back.

Mashimoto
2009-02-14, 11:16 AM
Richard Farragut
"Oh yeah, of course, mate. Only, land isn't quite safest way to travel anymore. I'm guessing this boat is pretty much decommissioned, but none of you'd happen to be sailors, wouldya? Also, how many are ya? It might be a tight squeeze. How wounded is the girl? What happened to her? An' Im sorry to be askin' so many questions after we just met, but d'you have a destination, or just want a ride...anywhere?"

JackTR69
2009-02-14, 05:18 PM
Allen Crawford
"Yeah, there's a guy inside that has some bright idea of a safe place to get to. We were going to try to make a run for it before dark, and that car would keep the time from getting down to the wire. We've got another five inside. I doubt it would be comfortable to cram into the car, but I think we could do it. Hell, I've seen ten illegal immigrants pour out of a car barely that size."

Deimos_
2009-02-14, 08:29 PM
OOC
I think this is relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlFd5KVoqQ

Mashimoto
2009-02-15, 11:17 AM
Richard Farragut
"Well, I don't suppose we have a better plan at the moment. I have a place to go- some people to see. If they're still there, it might be safe, or, what passes for safe these days, at least. The only problem...it's on the other side of town, and the only way there is through. If we go around, we might not make it there by nightfall."

Jimp
2009-02-16, 05:15 PM
OOC

You guys ok to continue on in character or do you want me to flash forward a little?
Also, Galliun, I have more info that your character found out on the internet but cant's seem to get around to typing it all up. Would you be against me giving you small chunks at a time?

Mashimoto
2009-02-16, 06:04 PM
Richard Farragut

"Does that computer-thing work? I've been looking for one of those for a long time...Can you still get on the internet? You know, every epoch of human history has a resource it bases its survival on. Stones and bronze and iron and industry and oil and nuclear power...well, we're the information age. That's the most valuable resource right now, information. We need as much as we can get. The internet won't stay alive forever, but we got to make sure we still have information. Can you download information onto your laptop? You know, to print off later? I want you to get information on everything, everything! I wanna know how to weld, purify urine, I want to know how to fix a car, backwards and front, I want to know how to rebuild civilization with scrap metal. I want everything, and the first thing you need to look up is how to charge a laptop with a car battery."

OOC: I just wanted to say this early on, Jimp. After this, Im good to flash forward as far as you wanna take us.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-18, 04:07 PM
OOC: All for a flash. :smallbiggrin:

Galliun
2009-02-19, 06:19 PM
OOC

MAN, finally. Spent two days not being able to connect to this site at all, but now it's back.

Jimp, I don't mind that at all =)

JackTR69
2009-02-20, 10:34 AM
OOC
A flash forward would be highly acceptable.

Deimos_
2009-02-20, 12:04 PM
OOC
http://captain.custard.org/geo_old/pictures/flash3-3.jpg

Jimp
2009-02-20, 01:04 PM
OOC
Ok then, flash forward it is. You guys just need to decide where you are going next: go to the nearby safehouse, rush to the other side of the island or go somewhere else.

Also Galliun sorry about the delay for getting you that info. As soon as I can man, I swear :smallbiggrin:

Galliun
2009-02-20, 05:50 PM
OOC

Hahah, it's cool, man. As long as you mantain the quality, take your time =)

Anyway, I vote on the safehouse.

Deimos_
2009-02-20, 06:18 PM
OOC
I think safehouse as well.

Mashimoto
2009-02-20, 09:31 PM
I'm with everybody else, safehouse it is.

JackTR69
2009-02-21, 11:05 AM
OOC
Safehouse ftw

Tichrondrius
2009-02-22, 03:12 PM
OOC: Safehooouse.

Jimp
2009-02-23, 04:23 PM
Everyone (Important)

You introduce yourselves to Richard and after some discussion you decide that it would be best for the group to head for the nearby safehouse.
Everybody piles into Richard's car. Allen takes the front passenger seat, gun in hand to watch out for zombies. Everyone else squeezes uncomfortably into the cramped rear sets with Alyiah laying across the back. David decided to walk, saying that he will watch your backs and follow the car.
Most of the trunk space is used up and covered in a heavy tarp but you manage to fit in all the supplies you gathered, although it looks fit to burst.
After about twenty minutes of driving slowly through muddy grass and dirt road you reach the house; an old style manor house. You come in the dirt road at the rear. At the front the house opens onto a small back road. At either side of the house are bushes and flowers, some have rotted away while others look healthy and thriving.
Here's a picture of what the house looks like, just with different plantlife:
http://www.smartbox.com/coffret2008/unitedkingdom/302/UK002088001_ATU.jpg
The doors and windows are closed. Dried muddy tyre tracks lead from just outside the front door out onto the country road and away from the house to the left.
You are currently still in the car, just after stopping at the front of the house. There is no sign of zombies. David hasn't caught up to you all yet.

OOC
Progress :smallcool:

JackTR69
2009-02-23, 06:34 PM
Allen Crawford
"Alright everyone, stay in the car and wait for David. Me and Richard will go in and make sure the building's safe, then we'll come back out and get you. Oh, and check to see if we get the net around here."
Allen gets out of the car and pulls out his gun, then starts walking towards the building.

Galliun
2009-02-23, 08:18 PM
Nathan Thomas

"Alrighty." Nathan tries to find connections.

Deimos_
2009-02-23, 08:19 PM
Mark Lopes

Mark leaves the car, opening the trunk to get his axe. He stays by it's side, looking around and waiting for David.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-23, 09:48 PM
Demetrius North

"Its okay baby, you just chill out." Demetrius says, patting the near-lifeless body of his girl. He steps out of the car and stares down the road for David, sighing to himself and palming his gun.

Jimp
2009-02-27, 02:50 PM
Jack

The curtains are open and peering into the house it looks to be in good condition. A few things are knocked over, cupboards left open, signs of a quick exit. Nothing is boarded up.

Galliun

There is no wireless internet at this house.

Galliun
2009-02-27, 04:46 PM
OOC

Any sort of telephone cables, or things like it?

Jimp
2009-02-27, 06:17 PM
Galliun
Do you mean phone line cables going into the house or modem cables?

Galliun
2009-02-27, 07:08 PM
OOC

Both, really - anything that would indicate some sort of phone connection to the outside world. If there's still such a thing ;)

Mashimoto
2009-02-28, 10:21 AM
Richard Farragut
Richard steps out of the car, and opens the trunk. He takes a rather large case, and carries it into the house, where he sets it in a corner on the floor.

"Well...this place won't be so bad to stay the night at, we can go for my friends' place in the morning. I vote we get upstairs, bust down the stairs if we can. We only gotta last one night, won't be too hard, eh? Bust up the Z's in the mornin' an' get a move on. Piece of cake."