PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Themed Weeks: Discussion and Voting Thread (week yet to be determined)

Neko Toast
2009-01-12, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the Themed Avatar Week Thread

Here, you can discuss what kinds of themed weeks you would like to have. Once we have a few ideas circulating, we'll decide what week we want to have another theme week, and we'll vote on what theme we want to use.

Previous themes
( let me know of ones that I did not list )

Cat Muffin Week
Prom Week
Baby Week
Clone Week
'Real You' Week
Holiday Week
Gender Bender Week
Inner Animal Week
Bat Week
Pirate Week
Ninja Week

There are the ones I was around for anyway.

You can post now. :smallbiggrin:

Neko Toast
2009-01-12, 08:09 PM
Idea List (one's I've heard through the grape vine so far)

- Hedgehog Week
- Steam Punk Week
- Cyber Punk Week
- Food Week
- Lovecraftian Horror Week
- No Avatar Week
- Musician Week
- Cultural Week
- Back View Week (your regular avatar, only flipped around)
- Back to Basics™ Week
- Topsy Turvey Week/Reverse Personality Week

More can and shall be added!

Mr. Mud
2009-01-12, 08:10 PM
How bout a week where its the BACK of our avatar? Like if we made the avatar a 2D image, and flipped it. so for instance, you'd see the back of my helmet, and my jersey? Dunno. just a crazy though... :smalltongue:.

Also Ideas that I am currently contemplating:

No Avatars Week! (lonely... so... lonely...)
Musician Day (Avvies made into a musician... whether it be a rocker, or a sax player, no difference)
Cultural Week (some kind of silly hat to represent certain global cultures?)

More Ideas to come. Hopefully.

Kroy
2009-01-12, 08:11 PM
I like the idea of food week personally...

TRM
2009-01-12, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the Themed Avatar Week Thread

Here, you can discuss what kinds of themed weeks you would like to have. Once we have a few ideas circulating, we'll decide what week we want to have another theme week, and we'll vote on what theme we want to use.

Previous themes
( let me know of ones that I did not list )

Cat Muffin Week
Prom Week
Baby Week
Clone Week
'Real You' Week
Holiday Week

There are the ones I was around for anyway.

You can post now. :smallbiggrin:
Don't forget:

Gender-bender Week
Inner Animal Week

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-12, 08:17 PM
You also missed:
Bat-week
Pirate Week
Ninja Week.

Sneak
2009-01-12, 08:17 PM
"Back to Basics™" Week

Ever wonder what the playground was like in the good old days, back when custom avatars were a rarity?

Well, with new and improved "Back to Basics™" Week, you don't have to!

Eh? What's that? You've never wondered that at all? Fine then.

Ever wish you could be more generic, boring, and generally less unique?

Well, with new and even more improved "Back to Basics™" Week, now you can!

You've never wished that?

I hate you. :smallannoyed:

In any case, my proposed "Back to Basics™" would basically (HAHA) be a week where everyone went back to using the non-custom preset avatars that The Giant himself has so graciously gifted us with.

"Back to Basics™" Week — Because We're All Boring People

Discuss. ™.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-01-12, 10:36 PM
I've had this idea in mind for some time now, but every time I go to post the idea for the week, someone's beat me to it, so I always back off.

Anywho, my idea is topsy turvy week. (Ex: I go from Purple Gelatinous Cube o' DOOM to Purple Gelatinous Cube o' sunshine and puppies) Or opposite personality week if you prefer.

Recaiden
2009-01-12, 10:42 PM
I'd just like to add by support for steampunk week.
I vote we drop bat pirate ninja and clone, and then get 5 more to get up to twelve, which we can have once a month. Or not.

Such as

January: Real you
February: Steampunk
March:
April: Inner Animal
May:
June: Gender Bender
July:
August:
September:
October: Catmuffin
November: Prom week?
December: Baby week?

If anyone knows when we actually had these, that'd be nice to know.

Boo
2009-01-12, 11:24 PM
So, we want a 12 month thing, Recaiden? Okay, let's take some of the gristle off, and look at it again...

Cat Muffin Week

Prom Week Dress up Week (prom week was online prom taking place in the FFRP section)

Baby Week

'Real You' Week

Gender Bender Week

Inner Animal Week

Pirate/Ninja Week

Adding things, let's go with...

Mistaken Identity Week (forgot the name, but basically we switch avatars and signatures with someone else. It was done recently.)

Sports Week (your avatar in sports uniform/equipment.)

Hat Week (Oh, come on! We NEED this!)

Musician Week (as MrMud said)

and lastly, Patriot Week (Just show that you're proud of your own country is all. If you're not, then... sorry your country sucks to you.)

Recaiden
2009-01-12, 11:33 PM
You seem to have forgotten Steampunk week. And it was Mistaken Identity Week.

Boo
2009-01-12, 11:39 PM
Right, well, you can dress in steampunk on Dress Up Week. As long as it's fancy lookin'.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-12, 11:39 PM
Electric colors week, in which all avatars are insanely brightly colored.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-12, 11:40 PM
I'd just like to add by support for steampunk week.
I vote we drop bat pirate ninja and clone, and then get 5 more to get up to twelve, which we can have once a month. Or not.

Such as

February: Steampunk
March:
May:
June: Gender Bender
July:
August:
September:
October: Catmuffin
November: Prom week?
December: Baby week?

If anyone knows when we actually had these, that'd be nice to know.

Gender Bender week is always the week after (or before, I can't remember) Valentines.
Its just tradition.

UncleWolf
2009-01-12, 11:41 PM
@Mauve: I'm surprised that you haven't gone for Trekkie week.

Rutskarn
2009-01-12, 11:42 PM
I'm going to throw in my anachronistic gear-spangled top hat for Steampunk Week.

Take a good, long look at my avatar, and ask yourself...do you really want it genderbent?

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-12, 11:44 PM
You don't have to participate, and there can still be Steampunk some other month, but I'd rather keep to the tradition.
<<
:: has a phobia of change::

Recaiden
2009-01-12, 11:44 PM
So more like this:

February: Gender Bender (after valentines)
March: ?Sports week?
May: Baby week
June: ?Musician week?
July: Patriot Week
August: ?Hat week?
September: Mistaken Identity
October: Catmuffin (Ends on 31st?)
November: Dress up (includes steampunk)
December: Holiday

That actually sound good. Also, the word week looks strange to me now. I feel like I'm programming something. If you have to type a word enough, it stops looking like a word.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-12, 11:45 PM
@Mauve: I'm surprised that you haven't gone for Trekkie week.

1. I'm not a trekkie. :smallsigh: When I registered I clicked "random item" on TVtropes and then ran with the theme.
2. A Trekkie week would be boring for me, because I wouldn't get a new piece of art.

UncleWolf
2009-01-12, 11:47 PM
1. I'm not a trekkie. :smallsigh: When I registered I clicked "random item" on TVtropes and then ran with the theme.
2. A Trekkie week would be boring for me, because I wouldn't get a new piece of art.

Sorry, I didn't know.

Rutskarn
2009-01-12, 11:47 PM
You don't have to participate, and there can still be Steampunk some other month, but I'd rather keep to the tradition.
<<
:: has a phobia of change::

For some reason, I actually missed your post.

Eh. If the will of the playground is that strong, I guess I'd be fine rescheduling.

But I warn you, I have no qualms about dolloping up as much USDA prime high-grade corn-fed nightmare fuel as the CoC allows.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-12, 11:49 PM
I look forward to it, Rutskarn.
Rubbing my greedy little hands together over the terror you'll inspire.

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-13, 12:01 AM
I was hoping to suggest a TVTropes week, where we all dress as the personification of different tropes! Mauve shirts, undead horses, "The Vamp," etc.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Rutskarn
2009-01-13, 12:02 AM
I got dibs on Nightmare Fuel, then.

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 12:11 AM
I have an idea: Final Fantasy week...

On second thought, make it roleplay week, where we change the avatars to characters in any role playing setting.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-13, 12:13 AM
I have an idea: Final Fantasy week...

On second thought, make it roleplay week, where we change the avatars to characters in any role playing setting.

Dibs on KOS-MOS.

Rutskarn
I'd probably go for Sarevok. What can I say? I like the classics.

BizzaroStormy
Lets see..how about

Modern Art Week
Shiny Week
keeW sdrawkcaB
Team Fortress Week

Crispy Dave
2009-01-13, 12:33 AM
Video game week-Dress up as your favorite video game charicter
random object week-pick random object and use it as your avatar
Smilie week-use a smilie as your avatar
birthyear week-your avatar will be themed off of something that happened in your birthyear

Deathslayer7
2009-01-13, 12:45 AM
I myself always liked the idea of an anime week or something similar. Not sure the that has been done already in a different section or not though.

Haruki-kun
2009-01-13, 12:50 AM
I myself always liked the idea of an anime week or something similar. Not sure the that has been done already in a different section or not though.

I thought about it, myself, but after asking some people over MSN, I'm not sure it would spark a lot of interest. I might be wrong though.

If it's done, I assure you I'll participate. :smallsmile:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-01-13, 12:57 AM
I'm going to still have to plug my idea for topsy turvy week. I also do like the food week idea, as our avatars could become our favorite food anthropomorphized. Personally, I don't care much for the tvtropes idea. As much as I've tried, I absolutely can't stand them. Lovecraft would be an interesting one too. Or, maybe favorite tv character week (or movie, could be 2 weeks).

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-13, 05:47 AM
and lastly, Patriot Week (Just show that you're proud of your own country is all. If you're not, then... sorry your country sucks to you.)[/FONT]

I'm proud of someone else's country. Does that count?

I was hoping to suggest a TVTropes week, where we all dress as the personification of different tropes! Mauve shirts, undead horses, "The Vamp," etc.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

I'm so on board with this you could use me to press clothes.

I like this'm too, if only because I've already got a fair number (check sig).

Fan
2009-01-13, 06:13 AM
Video game week-Dress up as your favorite video game charicter
random object week-pick random object and use it as your avatar
Smilie week-use a smilie as your avatar
birthyear week-your avatar will be themed off of something that happened in your birthyear

I liek the idea of video game charecter week. As I have about 7 avvies based off of my own pesonal favorite which if it isn't painfullly obvious which one I have choosen check my screen name OOOONE more time.

Sneak
2009-01-13, 07:43 AM
Oh, gods, no! :smalleek:

The weeks!

They're taking over! :smalleek:

potatocubed
2009-01-13, 07:48 AM
I shall laugh like a drain if you lot come up with more than 52 weeks. Then you'll have to start combining them.

"This is genderbending prom zombie week! Next week it's the back of real you dressed as a ninja pirate!"

Actually, genderbending prom zombies isn't a bad idea.

Quincunx
2009-01-13, 08:39 AM
Heh, this came up just a few days too early. Gender-Bender Week is Feb. 16-22 this year (the intro post is giving me the pip--low comedy isn't coming easily) and I won't be reprising Inner Animal after some disappointed reviews last year, but that landed in June.

Neko Toast
2009-01-13, 11:44 AM
Jeez, you guys have a lot of ideas. I need to keep track of this thread more often. :smalleek: Well, since it's been brought up before, I think the monthly thing is a good idea. Obviously, next month is gender bender, so we won't need to find one for that month. Is there a tradition for March, or are we going to vote on a theme for it?

TRM
2009-01-13, 01:57 PM
I don't like the "one a month" idea. Of course, there are some that we want to keep at certain times (Gender Bender, as Ms. Rabbit brought up), but if we have them rolling around like clockwork then there's less room for new ones to pop up spontaneously. "Nope, we can't do [zany amazing fun] Week because Inner Zombie week is coming up—no not the next week either, we have Outer Zombie week then."

I enjoy only having a few weeks that are annual, then other weeks that come and go; this helps to keep the weeks unique and vivacious.

Neko Toast
2009-01-13, 02:19 PM
Rogue Monk - My idea was more along those lines, in the fact that we have a couple of weeks that are already planned, like GBW, and the other months we vote on an idea to use. It wouldn't become a yearly tradition or anything; the next year we would vote on a different idea. I just figured we'd vote on what themes people would want to do. Gives people a chance to share ideas, as opposed to someone just making a thread out of the blue.

Fostire
2009-01-13, 02:52 PM
I would love a steampunk week.

onasuma
2009-01-13, 02:55 PM
Well, the one I was going to run at some point was to be "future selves week".

Where do you see yourself (your avatar) in a week? A month? 6 months? A year? 10 years? 100 years? 9001 years?

That is the purpose of this week.

Boo
2009-01-13, 03:06 PM
How about this. We have 6 months of planned weeks, and the rest are up for whatever.

I'd suggest keeping it to one week a month because then that allows for people to stick to their default avatar (the one they usually use) and avatarists aren't swamped with requests.

So 6 of the 12 weeks would be planned, while the rest are random suggestions.

March: Random
April: Random
May: Baby week
June: Random
July: Random
August: Hat week (We do need this. :smalltongue:)
September: Mistaken Identity
October: SpooOOOOOOooky Week?
November: Random
December: Dress up (fancy dress, cosplay, whatever)

How about that?

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-13, 03:10 PM
I'd like to remind people that we need enough "normal" weeks in the mix. =P

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-13, 03:13 PM
I know I'm not the best person to comment on this due to how I never take part in these weeks, but wouldn't it be better to just do things when they are suggested rather then having a schedule unless something has already happened twice? Planning it out just seems to make it too predictable (also, MI week has happened in August the past 2 years, Blue).

Boo
2009-01-13, 03:19 PM
I'd like to remind people that we need enough "normal" weeks in the mix. =P

That's what I said. >> 1 month per week, and 12 weeks per year. That leaves what? 40-something weeks, right?

@Tempest: Was just copying Recaidens list, and editing.

Anyway, I think the ones that should be annual are Gender Bender, Mistaken Identity, and baby Week. Everything else doesn't really matter.

Next month, I say we make it hat week. If someone is already wearing a hat, get a bigger hat or a smaller hat based on its size.

@V: I meant next next month. >> So March.

onasuma
2009-01-13, 05:44 PM
Next month has valantines and Gender Bender. I think GB while wearing hats might be a little too much.

Recaiden
2009-01-13, 06:13 PM
I would do it like this, if we had anything. Except I don't know about baby week.:smallconfused:
That way we can have random weeks more often.

January:
March:
April: Real you
May:
June:Baby week
July:
August:Mistaken Identity
September:
October: Catmuffin (Ends on 31st?)
November:
December: Dress up

someonenonotyou
2009-01-13, 08:00 PM
how about Superhero/Villan week or a Shiney or future week or best of all a Someonenonotyou Week :smallbiggrin: huh what you think

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 08:15 PM
I think "be an egoist week" is not a good idea for a theme.

Fostire
2009-01-13, 09:14 PM

Really? cause I know plenty of people who like psionics. :smalltongue:

someonenonotyou
2009-01-13, 09:16 PM

Im not a egoist Im just that cool:smallcool::smallbiggrin:

TRM
2009-01-13, 09:25 PM
Honestly, I wasn't that thrilled with Baby Week. I don't think it should be an annual event.

@ Everyone talking to me (esp. Boo): A few frequent weeks is good. I just think we should avoid too many. Three or four of the best (i.e: most popular) to happen every year seems more than enough.

Recaiden
2009-01-13, 09:59 PM
Honestly, I wasn't that thrilled with Baby Week. I don't think it should be an annual event.

@ Everyone talking to me (esp. Boo): A few frequent weeks is good. I just think we should avoid too many. Three or four of the best (i.e: most popular) to happen every year seems more than enough.

I agree. I like Mistaken Identity, Gender Bender, Dressed up, and catmuffins, but I don't know what most people like. Some we should do ever year, but we should definitely have open slots.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-01-13, 10:37 PM
I always have trouble with these weeks, because my normal avatar is just so...

iconified, if you get what I mean?

That said, I would love a Patriot Week.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-14, 02:28 AM
I thought Baby Week was a really good theam to be honest. Why would combining GB and Hat week be too much? GB and CM week was really popular last year, and a fair amount of people were involved in MI week, Recaiden. I can't remember dress up week. I thought Gaia Week was a good idea, but I think that one was unpopular with a lot of people.

Fostire
2009-01-14, 11:13 AM
I thought Baby Week was a really good theam to be honest. Why would combining GB and Hat week be too much? GB and CM week was really popular last year, and a fair amount of people were involved in MI week, Recaiden. I can't remember dress up week. I thought Gaia Week was a good idea, but I think that one was unpopular with a lot of people.

dress up week is the new name for prom week, since prom week was a one time thing (unless people want to do it again this year in which case it would be prom week again).

I liked baby week as well. Not so much catmuffin week, but a lot of people liked it so I wouldn't remove it.

I would participate in an anime week if it happened.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-14, 11:15 AM
I felt the same about CM week. Thanks for explaining about Prom week. To be fair, that could happen again next year as well.

onasuma
2009-01-14, 11:16 AM
Catmuffin week was awesome. Mainly as i had about 40 people using avatars made by me, but none the less, it was awesome.

Dirk Kris
2009-01-14, 11:22 AM
Speaking of Catmuffin week, Onasuma owes me one!

Tee hee.

But I really like the idea of a Video Game Character Week or a Superhero Week.

Serpentine
2009-01-14, 11:28 AM
We had an Amotis Week once... Was that the first one?

Do annual holiday-related things, like Halloween, Valentine's Day and Christmas, count as these Themed Weeks? If not, whenever the "Week" is should probably be in a different part of the month.

I always liked the spontenaity (sp?) of someone just throwing up a post of "Lets all dress up like this next month!" according to whim, but I have nothing against a bit of organisation.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-14, 11:58 AM

Do annual holiday-related things, like Halloween, Valentine's Day and Christmas, count as these Themed Weeks? If not, whenever the "Week" is should probably be in a different part of the month.

I always liked the spontenaity (sp?) of someone just throwing up a post of "Lets all dress up like this next month!" according to whim, but I have nothing against a bit of organisation.
>>
<<
Genderbend was first I think.
>>
<<

You want me to genderbend the avatar and put a hat on it?

Morty
2009-01-14, 12:08 PM
I like the national/cultural week idea, myself.

Jack Squat
2009-01-14, 12:15 PM

I don't believe there was an Amotis Week. There was a "day"...but it really just kinda happened, wasn't planned.

I'm actually against repeating weeks, especially with so many fresh ideas, but I'm probably in the minority there.

Ceric
2009-01-14, 08:07 PM
Don't forget Inner Animal Week!

Also I vote for Back to Basics™.

Atomsized
2009-01-14, 10:08 PM
Pokemon Weeeeeeeek!!!!!!

*Gets dragged away by bouncers*

Fostire
2009-01-14, 10:17 PM
Pokemon Weeeeeeeek!!!!!!

Pokemon week would be pretty cool

Out of the new ideas mentioned so far I would definitely join steampunk, anime and pokemon, I would probably join nation/culture and superhero/villain, and I might join hat week.

Assassin89
2009-01-14, 11:03 PM
Pokemon Weeeeeeeek!!!!!!

There is one problem though, there are about 500 types, and that could cause some problems.

Fostire
2009-01-14, 11:12 PM
There is one problem though, there are about 500 types, and that could cause some problems.

Like what?

Mando Knight
2009-01-15, 12:48 AM

Right. Now recite all of their names, sorted numerically by the Sinnoh Region's National Dex. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-01-15, 12:52 AM
*counts in head reciting each name*
Funny I only know of 150. :smalltongue:
Meowth! That's right!

I support this week idea.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-01-15, 01:04 AM
Ok, here's my suggestions. I apologize if any have been said already.

TV week (avvies themed after any show)
Movie week
Sci-fi week
Book week
Car week
Summer Vacation week
Camping week
Sports week

That about it for now. If you want me to explain any, just ask.

Fostire
2009-01-15, 09:55 AM
*counts in head reciting each name*
Funny I only know of 150. :smalltongue:
Meowth! That's right!

I support this week idea.

there are 493 different pokemons. Of course most people will use pokemon from the first 151, with only a few people using from 152-251, even less from 252-386 (though I suspect lots of mudkips), and a vast minority from 387-493

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-15, 10:04 AM
I'd join a pokemon week. :smallbiggrin:
I also like the steampunk week and hat week ideas.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-15, 10:11 AM
Pokemon Weeeeeeeek!!!!!!

>>
<<

*is reminded of that avatar he made for V Junior*
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/MewtwoforVJunior.png

Reinholdt
2009-01-15, 10:37 AM
there are 493 different pokemons. Of course most people will use pokemon from the first 151, with only a few people using from 152-251, even less from 252-386 (though I suspect lots of mudkips), and a vast minority from 387-493
LIES! LIES AND SLANDORZ!!
I stand by my motion there are only 150 pokemon.
Though I may make exception for the legendary Mudkip as the 151st pokemon.
*continues stubborn refusal of facts*

I like the idea of Hat week.

Ceric
2009-01-15, 07:32 PM
Oh, hey, I'd definitely do Pokemon Week.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-15, 08:53 PM
Oh, hey, I'd definitely do Pokemon Week.

I made this as a joke on another thread when someone said the ABR'rs had no origianality.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g6106.png

EDIT:I have ideas!
Paladinhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g40844.png
Evilhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g74255.png
Bathhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g74507.png
Dollhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g81213.png

Saint Nil
2009-01-15, 09:36 PM
Anyone interested in Starwars Week?

Take your avatar and make it more starwarsish, such as jedi, Huts, sith, pilots, stormtroopers....

Like? Dislike?

Groundhog
2009-01-15, 11:21 PM
I'd go for that one.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-01-15, 11:55 PM
Heh, I'd join most of these in a heartbeat.

UncleWolf
2009-01-15, 11:57 PM

Take your avatar and make it more starwarsish, such as jedi, Huts, sith, pilots, stormtroopers....

Like? Dislike?

I'm game for it. But after GB week of course.

Fostire
2009-01-16, 12:25 PM

Like? Dislike?

Add that to the list of weeks I'd definitely participate in :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-16, 04:32 PM
Candy week? :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2009-01-16, 04:59 PM
So it is here you plot all your weeks, I should have the place under observation so I won't be surprised in the future. :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-01-16, 06:24 PM
Bath week is obviously the best sugestion thus far.

>_>

Kaelaroth
2009-01-16, 07:09 PM
Bath week is obviously the best sugestion thus far.

>_>

All hail Bath! :smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-01-16, 07:46 PM
Kemonomimi week ? Please ? :biggrin:

Isolder74
2009-01-16, 07:51 PM
How about President Week.

We all dress up as Presidents of the United States.

It would be nice if someone made me a Lincoln for that.

Bayar
2009-01-16, 07:59 PM
How about President Week.

We all dress up as Presidents of the United States.

It would be nice if someone made me a Lincoln for that.

You know, not all playgrounders are americans...

Isolder74
2009-01-16, 08:11 PM

I know that. World leader week then. You don't have to be American to dress up as Abraham Lincoln you know. I wouldn't mind dressing up as Winston Churchill or William Wallace myself actually.

Mr. Moon
2009-01-16, 08:13 PM
@^: Or, you know, we could not do that and not have all of us get banned.

Pokemon Weeeeeeeek!!!!!!

Hi. I'm Moon Called, and I support this message.

Anyway, yeah. I love these avatar weeks. With the exception of Real You, of course. But that's 'cause I'm mean and boring. Get off mah lawn, ya darned kids! *cane shake*

Oh, and MI is MIIINE to orginize. *hoards mah week*

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-16, 08:14 PM
I'd be up for a pokemon week, I guess

Szilard
2009-01-16, 08:14 PM

Yeah, we gots Romanians, Magyars, Brits, Spanish, Brazillian, Brits, Americans, French, American, Canadian, American, and many many more.

I also support Star Wars week, which should be in March.

Doran_Liadon
2009-01-16, 08:18 PM
And Irish!

I think it should be: We-All-Use-Our-Normal-Avatars Week.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-16, 08:25 PM
And Irish!

What? *filler words*

Fostire
2009-01-16, 08:26 PM
And Irish!

We already do that week many times a year, how about we skip that one this year? :smalltongue:

RTGoodman
2009-01-16, 08:26 PM
I'm all for:

- No Avatar Week
- Cultural Week
- Back to Basics™ Week
- Pokemon Week
- Evil Opposite (Good/Evil) Twin Week
- Candy/Food Week (since Alleine already talked about it in another thread)
- Gender-Bender Week III (I guess...?)
- Crappy MS Paint Avatar Week (which was SUPPOSED to happen but didn't)

I'm probably all for others, too, if we do them.

Pyrian
2009-01-16, 08:55 PM
I also support Star Wars week, which should be in March.It should be in May. May the Fourth (be with you) to be specific.

Haruki-kun
2009-01-16, 10:57 PM
It should be in May. May the Fourth (be with you) to be specific.

*takes pun damage* :smallbiggrin:

Right... this Angel is throwing his support behind Pokemon Week, Evil Twin Week, and any General Animé Week.

ThePhantom
2009-01-17, 01:23 AM
Evil twin week sound fun.

Xyk
2009-01-17, 01:33 AM
I like back view week. That would be fun and I might actually participate.

Nevitan
2009-01-17, 02:11 AM
Evil twin week sound fun.

Although it might need to be turned into Opposite twin week, to accommodate some of our less than reputably aligned playgrounders.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-17, 06:09 AM
I'm all for:

- No Avatar Week
- Cultural Week
- Back to Basics™ Week
- Pokemon Week
- Evil Opposite (Good/Evil) Twin Week
- Candy/Food Week (since Alleine already talked about it in another thread)
- Gender-Bender Week III (I guess...?)
- Crappy MS Paint Avatar Week (which was SUPPOSED to happen but didn't)

I'm probably all for others, too, if we do them.

For someone who's pretty lazy with these avvie weeks, let me say that No Avatar, flippsy avatar and crappy MS paint avatar would be nice :smalltongue:

(Although I also support GB week, Opposite week and Pokemon week)

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-18, 01:55 PM
What's the next week gunna be????

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 02:07 PM
Hmm. Let's say, nominate 5-10 possibilities, and then have two-three rounds of voting to determine the champeen if there's no statistically significant winner in the first round?

Say, codify the current submitted ideas, end submission of new ideas at 24 hours after first codification or something since this has been going on for a while. Each person may nominate two-three different avatar themes, the nomination phase ending when the next OotS comic is submitted or some other determined time. Then do the first round of voting, one man one vote. One woman one vote. One who is both, well, sorry, you still only get one vote.

I propose a member of the aristocracy (http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=041210) preside over this.

Fostire
2009-01-18, 02:15 PM
What's the next week gunna be????

I think it's gender bender week which is in february.

On nominations: sounds like a good idea to me, I'll nominate:
-Steampunk week
-Pokemon week
-Starwars week

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-18, 02:16 PM
I nominate pokemon, evil/good twin, and starwars.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-18, 03:15 PM
I have an idea for deciding the next week: once GB week is almost over, shall we pick the next week depending on whoever's the first person to start the thread to advertise the week? It would at least be a surprise that way.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-18, 03:32 PM
Then there would be a bunch of new threads.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-18, 03:35 PM
What are the odds of people missing the first thread to go up? If that would be a problem, the person who gets the first thread could post a link to it here or at the end of the GB week thread as well.

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 03:35 PM
Probably best to avoid that having too many new threads created in rapid succession and maybe missing 'em and what kind of contention that might cause, which is why this thread is here. Is a clearing house of sorts for this. Might even hammer out a sort of tentative schedule in advance for better preptime...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 03:38 PM
Yeah, we gots Romanians, Magyars, Brits, Spanish, Brazillian, Brits, Americans, French, American, Canadian, American, and many many more.

I also support Star Wars week, which should be in March.
And you know....us dutch are feeling left out here. We've actually had meet-ups as opposed to all of the people on these lists.

Ps. You've mentioned brits twice.
And that those are england-meet-ups.
And there are no american meet-ups, meet-ups like that are the trogland ones.

Nevitan
2009-01-18, 03:45 PM
Great, now there is Dallas, Coidzor, Sneak and Shades of Gray all going for the Nameless look. What next? Will the ladies of the playground start copying Nameless?

I think we might have a new contender for a theme week.
NamelessITP.

Sneak
2009-01-18, 03:47 PM
Eh, that's a silly idea. Don't like it.

Almighty Salmon
2009-01-18, 03:50 PM
Eh, that's a silly idea. Don't like it.

Good on you, Nameless, for turning down that ide- WAIT A MINUTE.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 03:51 PM
What do you mean, Salmon? Oh damn, he's a imposter! Quick, catch him!

Sneak
2009-01-18, 03:53 PM
Guys, seriously. This whole thing is getting out of hand. :smallannoyed:

I'm Nameless, and my wife's Nameless too!

(It makes conversation at the dinner table very difficult.)

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 03:55 PM
I know, completely. Good job on imitating my namelessness though. But it's the subtle differences I can use to tell us apart...:smallwink:

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 03:57 PM
My head... feels like a bunch of Namelesses drove a truck over it, the truck was also called Nameless.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 03:58 PM
Ah, it'l get better.

Atleast that's what most of the human lab rats said......

RTGoodman
2009-01-18, 03:59 PM
Oh, gods, it's like Amotis Day/Week/Whatever all over again! :smallsigh: :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 04:00 PM
Nah, that was much worse.

Vuzzmop
2009-01-18, 04:04 PM
What about "film noir week"? That could be fun.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 04:31 PM
Eh, I suppose I´l switch back then.

Edit : Done.

Sneak
2009-01-18, 04:44 PM
Yes, I agree. This whole thing is really ridiculous. I think I`ll switch back as well, before things get out of hand.

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-18, 05:13 PM
Copy Nameless Week!!!!!!!

Groundhog
2009-01-18, 11:36 PM
I've lost track...how many suggestions have there been?

Assassin89
2009-01-18, 11:39 PM
I've lost track...how many suggestions have there been?

At least 12

SilentNight
2009-01-18, 11:42 PM
Gonna throw my support in for food week.

Groundhog
2009-01-18, 11:51 PM
At least 12

Okay, thanks.

I'm going to put in a vote for Star Wars week.

Ascension
2009-01-19, 12:08 AM
Okay, thanks.

I'm going to put in a vote for Star Wars week.

<- Every week is Star Wars week.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-19, 02:12 AM
I take it that it's Mistaken Identity Week again, right? It really doesn;t seem like August to me.:smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-01-19, 09:48 AM
< I thought it was gender bender week. :smallconfused:

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-19, 09:54 AM
I was joking about Sneak and Dallas Dakota (alomg with Coidzor and someone else) swapping avatars and sigs.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-19, 10:12 AM
< I thought it was gender bender week. :smallconfused:

It's not that either. Gender Bender week is not for almost a month. Note the 'Feb 16-22' in the title of that thread.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-19, 02:29 PM
I was joking about Sneak and Dallas Dakota (alomg with Coidzor and someone else) swapping avatars and sigs.

Shades of Gray had a Nameless to, though he was earlier and had a Trogland-ian flag on the background of it.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-19, 02:36 PM
Thanks. I think he'd swapped back by the time I got round to explaining what I meant.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 02:49 PM
Belay that. Could you explain what's going on again to me please?

BisectedBrioche
2009-01-19, 03:02 PM
I like the Anime and Steampunk suggestions, although they may not be everyone's cup-of-tea.

I'm just brainstorming but here's some other ideas;

Internet Meme week
LOLcat week - More specific version of the above
Alternative reality week - your avatars as they would be in another universe.
Alignment Flip week - "Good" avatars go bad, "evil" avatars become good and neutral avatars pick an extreme.
Elemental Week - Pick (or possibly be assigned) one of the classic elements (for arguments sake both Greek and Chinese) and get a version of your usual avatar themed around it.
Chaotic Week - Give your avatar the most ridiculous twists you can imagine, make them invisible, multi-coloured, pulling stupid faces, whatever you can think of.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 03:07 PM
Internet Meme week

OH PLEASE INTERNET SPIRITS NO

Sorry for the outburst. But the idea of it saddens me.

BisectedBrioche
2009-01-19, 03:11 PM
I think your reaction was somewhat excessive. :smallwink:

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-19, 03:13 PM
How did you get those details? If you don;t swap back, I'll report you, Illiterate Scribe (I know there's rules against using avatars without permission).

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 03:18 PM
By the magic of copy and paste, Fennac. While reading the rules on avatars (it's copyright holders, by the way, and I'm not sure you have copyright on that image), you might want to check out what's said on signatures, re:how tall they're allowed to be. :smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-19, 03:23 PM
I specifically remember Rawhide saying in an "Impersonate someone" week thread someone set up before Baby Week got organized that you can;t do that without permission. I'm serious about what I said if you don;t stop using my avatar. Also, how is my sig too big?

EDIT: I found the post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5037368&postcount=4 .

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 03:29 PM
It's approximately 3.6 times the 120px you're allotted.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-19, 03:40 PM
How can you tell? I was basing it's size off other sigs. Also, why did you decide to use my details?

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 03:47 PM
How can you tell? I was basing it's size off other sigs.

Here:

Maximum Total Height of Signature - 12 lines or equivalent (ie. 4 lines + 120px high image)

I have an infraction for this, so I should know. :smalltongue:

Also, why did you decide to use my details?

You were directly above me in the thread when I changed. Also, perhaps we should stop mucking up this thread? If you want to continue the conversation further, my PM box is always open. Except when it's full, which is depressingly seldom.

In that spirit, I think that MS Paint avatar week is probably one of the better ideas here. It's more easily mappable to all the other avatars that we've got here, whereas I have difficulty in imagining what an anime catmuffin, or an alignment flipped man with an afro would be.

BisectedBrioche
2009-01-19, 04:34 PM
It's more easily mappable to all the other avatars that we've got here, whereas I have difficulty in imagining what an anime catmuffin, or an alignment flipped man with an afro would be.

I thought finding ways around that/seeing how people do was part of the fun.:smalltongue:

Quincunx
2009-01-19, 05:42 PM
How did you get those details? If you don;t swap back, I'll report you, Illiterate Scribe (I know there's rules against using avatars without permission).

I specifically remember Rawhide saying in an "Impersonate someone" week thread someone set up before Baby Week got organized that you can;t do that without permission. I'm serious about what I said if you don;t stop using my avatar. Also, how is my sig too big?

EDIT: I found the post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5037368&postcount=4 .

Apologies for everyone else who has to read this, but a PM on this point would be scoffed at: Tempest Fennac, you have just made yourself into a very tempting target for repeating this prank, especially given tonight's moodiness across the board. You won't be able to remove that target until someone touches your sovereign details and you laugh it off. That's the win condition.

As for the weeks, I am enraptured by Back View Week (perspective is fun!), Patriotic/Geographic/another dab of the Real World Week (with OotS style, not more photos), Steampunk Week (trendy is as trendy does), and Hat Week (Jäger accents optional). I am against an organized 'all copy one person' week, but for a reprise of organized Mistaken Identity. I am against any avatar weeks not in the OotS style.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 05:52 PM
But Quincunx ... you're a collection of lines ...

... you'll just be a mirror image with a back view ...

Quincunx
2009-01-19, 05:55 PM
But I'll be sensuous lines!

Oh, yes, forgot. I am against MS Paint week on behalf of the people already using it for their avatars. Call it Finger Painting Week or something to indicate a no-artistic-ability-required theme.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-19, 05:59 PM
I have MADE AN ART!

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5213/artistqb1.png

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-20, 02:17 AM
Considering how using my details without permission are apparently against the forum rules, I fail to see why anyone would do that (especially considering how serious I was when I said that I'd report IS). The main reason why I said it there rather then using a PM is to discourage other people from doing the same thing.

Regarding other themed weeks, a friend suggested an Inner D&D Character week a while back. I'm also in favour of combining other weeks. Inner Animal in a Hat Eating Food week could be interresting.:smalltongue: