PDA

View Full Version : [MnM] Hero help

Demons_eye
2009-01-12, 08:13 PM
I got to looking threw my Mutants and Masterminds book and was thinking of all the combos of all the heros I could make. I have the idea for this guy who splits up into 4 people and each one uses a diffrent element to fight (The four I love fire,wind,earth, and water). But how to do it?

I was thinking of Duplication or Gestalt.

The problem of Duplication is I would need to put 4 times the ranks into the control elements to use it right. Or am I reading it wrong?

Gestalt is buging me on the wording. Dose this mean I could make "level" 10 people and gain that mainy point so longs as nothing goes over the limit IE attack bonus of 10. Or dose it mean the PP from the four people is limted to the level 10 points?

Or am I doing this wrong all together and it could be done more easy?

Let us say for this build its a level 10 game. (but its just an idea dosent have to be 10, but if I ever play a game I would like to play him)

Green Bean
2009-01-12, 09:22 PM
Gestalt is...strange. It's basically a variation on the Summon power, but with a couple of limitations. It can be broken down like this;

- Your combined form is PL 10, and you can spend your points freely on powers, feats, etc, minus, of course, whatever you spend on Gestalt.

- The Power Level of your component characters is equal to the number of ranks you have in Gestalt.

- You may only purchase up to half your Power Level in Gestalt. This means that in your case, your components are limited to PL 5, and 75 pp

- On the plus side, you can have as many components as your ranks in the Progression feat will allow. The power starts at two by default, so you only need one rank to get the four (or five) components you need.

hewhosaysfish
2009-01-13, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=Demons_eye;5631919I have the idea for this guy who splits up into 4 people and each one uses a diffrent element to fight (The four I love fire,wind,earth, and water). [/QUOTE]

No love for Heart?

lisiecki
2009-01-13, 10:23 AM
I got to looking threw my Mutants and Masterminds book and was thinking of all the combos of all the heros I could make. I have the idea for this guy who splits up into 4 people and each one uses a diffrent element to fight (The four I love fire,wind,earth, and water). But how to do it?I was thinking of Duplication or Gestalt.The problem of Duplication is I would need to put 4 times the ranks into the control elements to use it right. Or am I reading it wrong?Gestalt is buging me on the wording. Dose this mean I could make "level" 10 people and gain that mainy point so longs as nothing goes over the limit IE attack bonus of 10. Or dose it mean the PP from the four people is limted to the level 10 points?Or am I doing this wrong all together and it could be done more easy?Let us say for this build its a level 10 game. (but its just an idea dosent have to be 10, but if I ever play a game I would like to play him)

I've never understood Gestalt... I'm fairly sure NO ONE actually dose...
I would just say take Duplication/Heroic/Real
And for each power you want split either take an alternate power but not have them know they have alt power...

Demons_eye
2009-01-13, 12:30 PM
Well I would like to refluff it so they could not use other powers. They would be splits of the hero, meaning one would be fire and have all his anger and honor. His earth self might have all his comon sense and his patience.

I never got alternate power feats what do they do?

sombrastewart
2009-01-13, 12:59 PM
Alternate powers are basically 'other things you can do with that power.'

If you have Ice Blast, and you take the alternate power of Create Object, you pay for the alternate, and you can use Create Object up to the level of Ice Blast you already have. Magic is the biggest candidate for this, it's damn near what the power is based on.

Demons_eye
2009-01-13, 02:13 PM
So if I got control emement X then take the feat blast I can use blast at my control emement x ranks?

Green Bean
2009-01-13, 10:27 PM
So if I got control emement X then take the feat blast I can use blast at my control emement x ranks?

Yep; just remember that you have to pay full price for the most expensive power in the array.

For example;

Air Control 10
Alternate Power: Blast 10

Cost: 21 pp

is the right way to do it. If you do something to make the Blast power more expensive, like buying an extra or enough feats, you'd get something like this;

Blast 10
-Extra: Area (Burst)
Alternate Power: Air Control 10

Cost: 31 pp