PDA

View Full Version : The party has not spent too much time working on Roy's resurrection yet

GSFB
2009-01-12, 08:30 PM
Yes, it has been a long, long time in real life (over a year? not sure)

Yes, it has been a long, long time in story-time (several months at least)

But think about it in terms of actual reading time, without the waiting between episodes. Think in terms of sitting down and reading printed books.

When Roy is finally back among the breathing, the total time he will have been down will amount to like an hour or two of reading... if you are reading printed books.

After Roy is back, new readers who are getting caught up on the archives will not understand the angst and frustration many current readers feel today. Try to keep that in mind as you scream about how Celia is dragging this on longer.

Optimystik
2009-01-12, 08:59 PM
After Roy is back, new readers who are getting caught up on the archives will not understand the angst and frustration many current readers feel today. Try to keep that in mind as you scream about how Celia is dragging this on longer.

Right, they'll have plenty of time to get caught up in the angst-du-jour once they reach the latest issue. :smalltongue:

Aethir
2009-01-12, 09:21 PM
Isn't that the same as new readers to Miko are currently?

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-12, 10:37 PM
I've only been up to date with the comic for about a year. In that time, Haley's cryptograms didn't bug me because I didn't put up with it for as long as everybody else. The same applies here, as well. However, I do think that new readers will still be annoyed at Celia's ditzyness and tendency to get the party into trouble, even if the time they spend with her isn't as long.

Shadic
2009-01-12, 11:21 PM
I don't find Celia annoying, and Miko was a good character, just annoying. I don't see how people could actually hate Celia.

Then again, I don't see how people can still think these signatures:
"__% of the ____ has a ______. If you're one of the ___% who isn't _____, show ____ by putting this in your sig." Think they're unique, or even halfway true.

Oh well. :smalltongue: