View Full Version : Bec de Corbin[Weapon][PEACH]

RS14
2009-01-12, 10:03 PM
Two-Handed Martial Weapon
{table="head"]Name|Cost|Dmg(s)|Dmg(m)|Critical|Weight|Type
Bec de Corbin|12gp|1d6|2d4|x3|12lbs|Bludgeoning or Piercing
[/table]

Bec de Corbin
A Bec de Corbin has reach. You can strike opponents 10 feet away with it, but you can’t use it against an adjacent foe.
Unlike most other weapons, a Bec de Corbin may be used to make sunder attacks against armor. The damage inflicted, however, is superficial, and can be repaired by mundane or magical means without ruining the magical properties of the item.

I figure sundering armor is suboptimal, at best, but this would be the weapon for it, as in real life it is my understanding that it is designed to rip armor off.

Grail
2009-01-12, 10:32 PM
Bed de Corbin's weren't for ripping off armour, that would be not only sub-optimal in a game, but in RL as well. They were for pulling riders off their steeds, and with the crow-beak and leverage they could punch through armour without too much trouble.

Pull the knight off his horse and kill him.

Better mechanics IMO would be to give it a bonus to attack a mounted character, maybe even allowing it to do a bull rush kind of maneuver against them.

RTGoodman
2009-01-12, 10:43 PM
Bed de Corbin's weren't for ripping off armour, that would be not only sub-optimal in a game, but in RL as well. They were for pulling riders off their steeds, and with the crow-beak and leverage they could punch through armour without too much trouble.

Pull the knight off his horse and kill him.

Better mechanics IMO would be to give it a bonus to attack a mounted character, maybe even allowing it to do a bull rush kind of maneuver against them.

Or just let it be a weapon you can trip with, maybe with a +2 bonus on trip attempts.. IIRC, you can make a trip attempt against a rider, and if you succeed he falls off his mount and lands prone in an adjacent square.

RS14
2009-01-12, 10:55 PM
You're apparently right; I was apparently misunderstanding a source.

Mechanically, I think it offers something that nothing else does, so I'm going to leave it as is, even though it's inaccurate.

I suppose a more accurate stat block would be to allow trip attacks against mounted opponents only, at a +2 bonus.

Grail
2009-01-13, 12:26 AM
You're apparently right; I was apparently misunderstanding a source.

Mechanically, I think it offers something that nothing else does, so I'm going to leave it as is, even though it's inaccurate.

Mechanically I think it does 2 things. It provides something that will never be used. If it is used, it provides just another source of bookkeeping.