PDA

View Full Version : C.U.T.E. II

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-09-30, 10:31 AM
Greetings and salutations, friends, romans, countrymen, and your blankies as well.
This is the second 'hub' thread for Project C.U.T.E (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11543005 05), since the original one is a bloated and hideous monstrosity now and I can't bear to look at it anymore.

This thread is the new thread for posting new cute content; anyone is welcome to post anything, at any time, for any reason, for us to critique, as regards C.U.T.E., but be warned, we are very nice. You may die of fluffiness.

This thread is intended solely for posting new and original content, and as a place to catalogue content from the old sandbox thread, and link you to other places of interest, such as our evaluation threads.

In the latter two cases, a debt is owed belboz and mephibosheth for gathering up a boatload of links; and in point of fact, they and the other active C.U.T.E. contributors deserve a vote of thanks for keeping this alive (and kicking) long past what should have been a graceful death. Thanks, everyone. You will always have more faith in this than me.

New people, however! Please! Post! New blood is awesome to have. Yes. A lot. And now, your index, organized by topic at the bottom and by evaluation status at the top:

Core CUTE

Base Classes Dreamer (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11593688 95;start=1#1)
Storybook Hero (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11593688 95;start=2#2)
Darling (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11593688 95;start=3#3)
Official CUTE Supplements

Optional CUTE Supplements

Unevaluated Content

All content that has not yet been submitted to our evaluation process can be found here:
The C.U.T.E. Compendium (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11557546 98)

2006-09-30, 10:33 AM
Evaluation
Storybook Hero (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11592919 08)[completed]
Dreamer (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11585981 57)[completed]
Darling (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11598800 54)[completed]
Panlid Champion (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11603576 86)
Debate
The Imaginal Plane (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11595721 19)
Evaluation Methodology (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11572407 10)
Additional Content/organization
Dreamer Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11591590 74)
Evaluated Content (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11593688 95)

2006-09-30, 10:52 AM
Linking this, as it has its own thread; though in the future, I hope we can keep new content here. ^^;
Easier to organize that way. But anyways:
Slingshot Master + Lesson Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11588175 79).
Credit goes, if I recall, to Fax Celestis.

belboz
2006-10-02, 02:55 AM
This isn't new content, but rather a serious reworking of some old stuff. I've been thinking a lot about my old Beloved Guardian (Monster) and Bearer of the Guardian (PrC), and I don't like the way they work. For one thing, the BotG has, as Shiny put it, a cohort as a class feature. In fact, it more or less has a cohort as *the* class feature, which is arguably even worse. I've also decided that it would be better to expand the concept of the BG so that it can count as *anyone's* stuffed animal companion, including children who might not be quite so noble. So, here goes:

Beloved Guardian
Tiny Living Construct
Hit Dice: 7d10 + 7 (45 hp)
Initialtive: +6
Speed: 20 ft
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +2 Size, +2 Deflection)
Base attack/grapple: +3/-7
Attack: Slam +5 (1d8-2)
Full Attack: 2 slams +5 (1d8-2)
Space/reach: 2.5'/0'
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Living construct traits, SR 18, damage reduction 5/piercing or slashing, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will Special
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 14, Con 12, Int Special, Wis Special, Cha Special
Skills*: Imagine 6, Play 6, Heal 3
Feats: Improved Initiative, Improved unarmed strike
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, with companion child
Challenge rating: 6
Treasure: None
Alignment: Any
Advancement: 8-11 HD
LA: -

*Skills are based on an Int score of 11, the lowest score a Beloved Guardian can have.

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand." - The Velveteen Rabbit

Not all imaginary friends are completely imaginary. Some children form such a strong bond with a favorite stuffed animal that they infuse it with personality, making it a Beloved Guardian. The Beloved Guardian becomes a loyal and wise companion, giving the child advice, comfort, and, when necessary, protection.

Beloved guardians do not speak, but communicate with their bonded child, and any of his/her imaginary creations, telepathically.

Beloved guardians have mental abilities equal to their bonded child's CHA score -2.

Beloved guardians are usually the same alignment as their bonded children, and never vary by more than one degree on the good/evil axis. However, occasionally children and their beloved guardians can be as different in alignment as LG and CN. The loyalty between the two is still intense, even if punctuated by much bickering.

Combat
Usually, a beloved guardian will not fight unless its bonded child is threatened. Then it fights fiercely, using its enlarge self ability if the threat is significant.

Spell-like abilities: Charm monster 1x/day, Righteous might 1x/day, Good hope 3x/day, Guidance 5x/day. Caster level 9. Save DCs are wisdom based.

2006-10-02, 09:53 AM
I was more concerned with their ability to gain access to normally prohibited classes, with the fairytale animal dealie; a cohort of even lower level from a normal class has the potential to outshine a C.U.T.E. character, since we've deliberately not balanced our classes against standard ones

The Bearer of the Gaurdian was a really interesting prestige class (probably one of my favorites, in point of fact), so I'm hoping you'll figure out a way to make it work- I can't see any issues with your reworking of the creature so far. I'm waiting on the final version before really commenting, though.

Also;
In my absence, I noticed that you guys took the Quiet Reader (is that right?) in a distinctly magical, warlockish direction. I love what you've done with it, and I think that version could work (eventually, of course, we're saving spellcasting for last and for good reason). However, my thoughts about this whole campaign are leading me more and more to psionics; our emphasis on mental effects, imagination, the power of belief/disbelief, and our mentally-based planes all mean that C.U.T.E. is a perfect fit for a psionically based system.

So, I'm inclined, whensoever we get a chance, to take a second look at our 'spellcasting' classes, and se how they might look as psionic classes- the Reader, in particular, I see as a mixture of the Lurk, Wilder, and maybe just a dash of Ardent?

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-02, 10:18 AM
Everything is based on imagination, yes.

But how many kids read about psions as opposed to wizards? Basing powers off of magic makes more sense. Little kids generally don't know what psionics is.

2006-10-02, 11:58 AM
Everything is based on imagination, yes.

But how many kids read about psions as opposed to wizards? Basing powers off of magic makes more sense. Little kids generally don't know what psionics is.

Yes, that's the case, but I think it comes down to where we're assuming their powers come from.

If our C.U.T.E. classes are drawing their abilities from a supernatural, external force, a basic constant of the universe, through study, or acting as natural conduits for such a force, then yes, they function as arcane casters; weave or whatever, that's how casters work I suppose.

However, my understanding was that they drew the power to perform their feats from their own reserves of imagination, and that the world of the Imaginal, and all in it, are generated by children's dreaming (rather than the other way around). If this latter case is true, then their "magical" abilities appear magical, but are in fact psionic- 'arcane' abilities being freeform manifestations of imaginal power, and 'divine' abilities being manifestations of mental will rooted in sometimes irrationally deep convictions (such as only a child can hold).

The idea of their 'power source' being internal makes more sense to me given the effects of disbelief on their powers; if an external magical force gave them magical powers, it would seem to me they'd work all the time and be perceptible to anyone, whereas powers dependent on internal conviction may be subject to concensus reality disruption.

Kids may not know what psionics is, but that doesn't mean they can't use it; young sorcerors may not know what magic is, and nonsentient creatures with psionic or magical abilities almost certainly don't know where they come from- they just use them.

I like the latter paradigm, and as I said, I think C.U.T.E. would benefit from psionics. But it's up for debate.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-02, 12:28 PM
And, like I said, I don't agree.

It doesn't matter where the power comes from; it's the flavour involved. It seems more in the theme of the setting for the children to be imagining themselves casting spells.

But we're really splitting hairs here. Where the powers comes from makes no difference (there are even psionics who gain their powers from an outside source, Divine Minds). I wouldn't want the kids to start using power points instead of spell slots, but what we actually call it makes no difference.

We could even go a completely different route and just call the arcane spells "stories" and the divine spells "lessons".

2006-10-02, 12:37 PM
Bleh, I intensely dislike divine minds. >.<;
But that's as may be.

I don't know if power points instead of spell slots works that well either, I'm still just not sure I want conventional arcane casters in the setting.

I don't have a problem with arcane magic, just the traditional variety of casting it just....doesn't seem to fit, to me.

I like the stories/lessons idea, by the by.

I'm entertaining a number of idea as regards 'magic systems'. I'll be getting back to you, and will welcome suggestions in that vein in the meantime.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-02, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't particularly mind if the Storyteller became a spontaneous spellcaster. His spell progression is basically the same as the bard's, anyway.

2006-10-02, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't particularly mind if the Storyteller became a spontaneous spellcaster. His spell progression is basically the same as the bard's, anyway.
That's one option; but I'm trying to think more 'out there', kind of...hard to put a finger on what I'm looking for.

Try this on for size- just a blue-sky.
The storyteller is, primarily, a prepatory spellcaster, gaining spell progression etc. as normal.
However, at the beggining of the day, they make an attempt to create an original, astounding story to share with their party members. This attempt is an intelligence check, with the character's storyteller levels and 1/2 their imagine ranks as a bonus, against DC 15.
For every five points by which the character exceeds the DC, one of their spell slots of each level of spells they possess is now a spontaneous slot, provided it is left open; they can use that slot to cast any spell on their list, including spells they have already prepared and cast from their prepared slots.
This ability does not grant the Storyteller bonus spell slots- it merely allows them to spontaneously cast any spell on their list, rather than preparing a single spell, for a given slot.

Just a roughcut brainstorm, but it demonstrates what I'm thinking about- I'd rather have highly individualized processes for granting and casting spells that dovetail with the particular classe's ability and focus, rather than a system qua system.

Elrosth
2006-10-02, 02:03 PM
Wouldn't that kind of go against the idea of creating a story when you do the check? It would seem to me that what he's really doing in that check is coming up with a specific, particular story. That story, in my mind at least, would have a hard time conforming to every single spell on his list.

I think it'd be more appropriate if the story was picked at that time, but could be drawn from all the spells for the class, not limited by just the ones he knows.

That brings up why he'd forget it so quickly. That could be answered simply by a child's attention span. And if he wants it for the future, he just makes the check again and picks the same spell. Easy enough.

However, I don't know if I like all of the above for mechanics. I'd be more apt to make some different flavor for the check and keep the spontaneous slot.

Edit: I worded that slightly unweildy. Just for cliffnotes, I was contrasting 1) the original idea of a spontaneous slot created from coming up with a story, and 2) memorizing an extra slot at the beginning of the day with a story from outside the ones he could usually cast.

belboz
2006-10-02, 02:18 PM
That's one option; but I'm trying to think more 'out there', kind of...hard to put a finger on what I'm looking for.

Try this on for size- just a blue-sky.
The storyteller is, primarily, a prepatory spellcaster, gaining spell progression etc. as normal.
However, at the beggining of the day, they make an attempt to create an original, astounding story to share with their party members. This attempt is an intelligence check, with the character's storyteller levels and 1/2 their imagine ranks as a bonus, against DC 15.
For every five points by which the character exceeds the DC, one of their spell slots of each level of spells they possess is now a spontaneous slot, provided it is left open; they can use that slot to cast any spell on their list, including spells they have already prepared and cast from their prepared slots.
This ability does not grant the Storyteller bonus spell slots- it merely allows them to spontaneously cast any spell on their list, rather than preparing a single spell, for a given slot.

Just a roughcut brainstorm, but it demonstrates what I'm thinking about- I'd rather have highly individualized processes for granting and casting spells that dovetail with the particular classe's ability and focus, rather than a system qua system.

OK, it strikes me that there are two separate things floating around here:

1) Whether the "casting-type" classes should be thought of as more psionic or more arcane. In terms of what's actually going on, I'd say that arcane is a better model, although neither is perfect. The relationship between children and the imagination, I'd been assuming, was something *between* drawing on an independently existing source and creating something with the power of your mind. Children shape the imaginal, it's true, but there's old power there too--the old stories, the resonant images, the residues of generation upon generation of childrens' imagination.

2) Whether class-tailored "magic" is better than a magic "system." Although it's a lot of work, I'd say so. One thing I really like about what we've done with CUTE so far is how *little* our completed (and now nearly-completed second) class resembles standard D&D classes. These aren't just CUTEified fighters or clerics or wizards or psions; they're *related*, certainly, but they go about things in a unique, CUTE way.

So, for example, I'd almost rather see the storyteller as gaining particular spell-like *abilities* (rather than slots or power points) each level, and the QR having a totally separate, but also unique, method.

--------

BG/BotG: I'd been thinking of slightly buffing up the BG's base form (from the original) and taking away its ability to gain class levels at all. I was also going to replace BotG with a feat chain that improved the BG in the *non*-class-advancement ways the PrC did. But I can also either a) allow the BG to take on CUTE classes and bring back the original PrC or b) keep classes away from the BG and convert the PrC to a *5*-level PrC (it's currently 10) that skips the class level gaining.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-02, 02:39 PM
..I don't see the problem with allowing Storytellers to just cast spells.

The Quiet Reader already gets spell-like abilities, Belboz, so giving the Storyteller tham too would just be stepping on his toes a little too much...

By all means, we should create a way for the Storyteller to be something other than a little wizard (I like the preparing spontaneous slots idea), but overhauling the entire magic system seems a little much.

2006-10-02, 05:22 PM
..I don't see the problem with allowing Storytellers to just cast spells.

The Quiet Reader already gets spell-like abilities, Belboz, so giving the Storyteller tham too would just be stepping on his toes a little too much...

By all means, we should create a way for the Storyteller to be something other than a little wizard (I like the preparing spontaneous slots idea), but overhauling the entire magic system seems a little much.
....that's actually another thing I wanted to mention.
I like the version of the QR you guys came up with, and it was obviously a lot of work (I think our high priest of banjo did a lot on stories). However....I'd have to say that the Quiet Reader as arcane caster/warlock substitute, and in all likelihood the Quiet Reader itself, are going to be splatbook content. I've been going over and over my notes for it, and while I do like the idea of story-based casting, I feel the storyteller already fills that niche. So....yeah. I will be doing a replacement for it, but I don't really honestly want the Quiet Reader, my most problem-wracked creation, as core C.U.T.E.
I feel awful saying that, though. It's like a tiny baby I've had to deny delicious candy.

As to 'just casting spells', I'd say that pretty much makes them a mini-wizard, but that's just my opinion. More on this in a sec.

Elrosth, the idea behind partial spontaneous casting, and the reason I feel it fits with "Storytelling", is this:
Some of the Storyteller's power comes from ancient images, like Belboz was referring to- archetypal, ancient stories. The Quiet Reader, in this case, is drawing on these storie, rather than his or her own power, to create magic, and thus, must study said stories to do so.
However.
In addition to an excellent memory and a certain facility with images, it seems to me that a true storyteller, and especially one in the realm of C.U.T.E., should have creativity and innovation on the mind as much as ancient archetypes. The spontaneous slot model represents, mechanically, the flavor of a story made up on the spot, to fit the situation- while there may well be an ancient story about a particular theme (and producing a particular effect) it is likely that a true storyteller is capable of producing the same effect via their own imagination- that is, spontaneously. Kids do like stories that already exist, yes, but when mom asks why the couch is covered in mud, they'd better be able to come up with something right then and there, and ancient archetypes won't be much help. The check at the beggining of the day essentially serves to establish how "on form" they are, how much energy they have to come up with things expansively and excitedly.

Summary: the spontaneous slot represents creative storytelling, rather than practiced storytelling; to my mind, the Storyteller represents the balance between the two.

Addendum: It may be that it would be more appropriate to have it function sort of like a Cleric's spontaneous heal, wherein they make the check as described, but in a combat situation (rather then when preparing spells) to attempt to discard one memorized story in favor of a new one that fits the situation better from their imagination.

As to overhauling the magic system; I do want to do this, actually. The reason is essentially the same reason we're balancing our classes against each other, rather than against an external criterion- C.U.T.E. is different, almost from the ground up, and the things it shares with essential D&D are very basic in nature and adaptable. While I like the standard system for arcane magic and spellcasting, our system is different so far, so why should magic be the same, if skills, classes, feats, are not?

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-02, 05:42 PM
Skills, feats and classes work the same way they do in normal D&D. While there may be different skills, feats or classes, the rules governing how they're used are exactly the same.

Having different feats is like having different spells. Having a different magic system is like completely getting rid of feats and instead using a point-buy system like GURPS.

This is not D&D. It is, however, D20, so we should stick with some of the core principles. If we're using the feat and skills systems, why not the magic one?

2006-10-02, 05:45 PM
Skills, feats and classes work the same way they do in normal D&D. While there may be different skills, feats or classes, the rules governing how they're used are exactly the same.

Having different feats is like having different spells. Having a different magic system is like completely getting rid of feats and instead using a point-buy system like GURPS.

This is not D&D. It is, however, D20, so we should stick with some of the core principles. If we're using the feat and skills systems, why not the magic one?

I lost my point somewhere about halfway through my rambling.
Anyways; overhauling magic system: no.
Overhauling implementation of magic system in any given class so it doesn't resemble anything that exists too closely: yes.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-02, 05:48 PM
I think only the divine spellcasting resembles D&D now, if we implement the "spontaneous storytelling" idea...

2006-10-02, 05:52 PM
I think only the divine spellcasting resembles D&D now, if we implement the "spontaneous storytelling" idea...
Actually, a prepared spellcaster who can spontaneously cast spells if they so choose is a lot like....a cleric. Our version is different in that it has more restricted spell progression and less restrictions on what can be cast spontaneously.

I'm trying to think of something even more appropriate to the Storyteller, but I can't, which means either that the spontaneous storytelling deal is good as-is, or that (more likely) I have some form of homebrewing writer's block/headache.

Gimme thoughts, anybody.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-02, 06:31 PM
I think the magic/psionics debate here is a moot point. It's a little of both, really. The kids are casting spells (therefore: magic) using imagination (therefore: psionics).

Solution? Look at my Planar Adept.

No, seriously.

The spellcastin' kids aren't using magic or focusing their imaginations (ergo, not magic or psionics); they're instead tapping into the Imaginal Plane and focusing the energies of the plane into their reality. Like a Shadowcaster uses shadow magic.

SilveryCord
2006-10-02, 06:36 PM
I kind of agree with Fax on this one. If they're using their imagination to cast 'magic', it's basically psionics and magic together.

(Was there any difference in the first place, other than a different theme?)

Fax Celestis
2006-10-02, 06:40 PM
I kind of agree with Fax on this one. If they're using their imagination to cast 'magic', it's basically psionics and magic together.

(Was there any difference in the first place, other than a different theme?)
Magic = willpower, psionics = brainpower, divine magic = godpower.

2006-10-02, 09:52 PM
So...what do we call it now? Imagineering?
Yeah, I'm going to go with that.

Remind me to fluff this stuff up sooner or later.

Elrosth
2006-10-03, 12:49 AM
All I was saying in the spontaneous slot thing is that I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to make a check at the beginning of the day, and then fill it later. At least not with that definition. The way you're describing it flavor-wise, it sounds like he's making a check on the spot to see if he can spontaneously come up with a story. Perhaps he could make a check once a day, or some other number, to either spontaneously generate a slot or spontaneously convert one of his prepared stories?

All I'm saying is if you're going to spontaneously spin a story after dinner, you aren't going to know you would've been able to since breakfast.

2006-10-03, 08:46 AM
Elrosth:

It may be that it would be more appropriate to have it function sort of like a Cleric's spontaneous heal, wherein they make the check as described, but in a combat situation (rather then when preparing spells) to attempt to discard one memorized story in favor of a new one that fits the situation better from their imagination.

My second go at it; does it work better for you? ^^;

Also, I've provisionally designated Storybook Hero as core, just until we know for sure. I'll move it if I need to.

Elrosth
2006-10-03, 12:21 PM
That works. I didn't really have a problem with the mechanics or the flavor, I think it was just both of them being combined.

2006-10-03, 05:12 PM
That works. I didn't really have a problem with the mechanics or the flavor, I think it was just both of them being combined.

Fabulous.
I'm starting work on my replacement for the Quiet Reader, the Whisperer/Secret-keeper.

belboz
2006-10-03, 07:14 PM
OK, the edited BG is here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11596267 05;start=0#3).

Now, the BotG prestige class. This has been seriously compressed, into a 5-level PRC. The entrance requirements have also been upped; you can't get in without being 10th level with a 13 Cha.

Bearer of the Guardian

Hit Die
d6

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Bearers gain no additional weapon or armor proficiency.

BAB/Saves
Bearers of the Guardian have good will save progression and 3/4 BaB progression.

Requirements
To qualify to become a bearer of the guardian, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria:

Abilities
Cha 13

Skills
Imagine 13 ranks

Feats
Imaginary Friend; must not have the Dark Friend feat.

Special
Ownership of a stuffed animal. The stuffed animal must be carried with the bearer continuously for at least 30 days. The imaginary friend merges with this stuffed animal to become the guardian.

Class Skills
Craft, Imagine, Play, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Use Magic Device

Skill points per level
4 + int modifier

Class Features

Bearers of the Guardian have the following class features:

Beloved Guardian
At first level, the Bearer of the Guardian's imaginary friend imbues his/her stuffed animal, which becomes a Beloved Guardian. The Beloved Guardian is devoted to the character, and will advise, council, and defend him or her.

If a guardian dies, the bearer can create another by giving up one level of Bearer, finding a new stuffed animal, and travelling with it for 30 days. (This stuffed animal becomes the new guardian.) If the guardian of a 1st-level bearer dies, the bearer must also regain a level in the class. In the mean time, the Bearer regains normal use of the Imaginary Friend feat.

Telepathic Communication
All Guardians can communicate telepathically with their bearers to a distance of 10 feet. This telepathic range increases by level; at 5th level the bearer and guardian can communicate unlimited distances, even across planar boundaries.

Guardian Summoning
Should the bearer and guardian become separated, the bearer can teleport the guardian immediately to his/her side as long as the two are within telepathic communication range, starting at Level 2.

Shared Souls
At Bearer Level 4, whenever any damaging or disabling effect affects the bearer or guardian (but not both), the non-affected party can elect to share the damage, as long as the two are within telepathic range. Because of the intimacy of the connection, this decision can be made *after* saves, damage, and duration are calculated, and both parties are aware, at least in general terms, of the severity of the effect. The damage from an attack or other effect is split evenly between the bearer and the guardian, and disabling effects effect both for half the usual duration.

Guardians will generally not elect to share wounds unless their bearers are in serious danger, but they will take even a fatal one to save their bearer's life.

Feature summary table:

{table]LevelBaBFortRefWillTelepathic RangeSpecial
1+0+0+0+210'Beloved Guardian
2+1+0+0+350'Guardian Summoning; Guardian HD +1
3+2+1+1+3250'Guardian HD +1
4+3+1+1+41250'Shared Souls; Guardian HD +1
5+3+1+1+4UnlimitedGuardian HD +2
[/table]

Beloved Guardians and Imaginary Friends
By becoming a beloved guardian, an Imaginary Friend becomes significantly more powerful, but also gains a stronger personality, due to the connection to an object separate from the bonded child. A Beloved Guardian may have an alignment that differs from the bonded child's, although the alignments can be no more than 1 step apart along the good/evil axis, and most children and guardians share an alignment. The Beloved Guardian is also not necessarily completely obedient to the child; many children bicker regularly with their Beloved Guardians; this is even more common when alignments come into conflict. However, the guardian is fundamentally very loyal and will always rally around the child in time of need.

SilveryCord
2006-10-03, 07:56 PM
Crayon Disciple
Most children like to color. Some children really like to color. Other children really, really, REALLY like to color. These children are known as Crayon Disciples, and they use their colorful powers to take down foes.

Adventures:
Crayon Disciples often adventure on quests to find new things to draw, new art supplies, or meet other crayon disciples.
Characteristics:
Crayon Disciples' abilities stem from crayons, colored pencils, or fingerpainting. They are constantly searching for new and more intriguing colors to use in their art, and in some cases, will ignore other goals in exchange for a new crayon.
Crayon Disciples use color to power their magic.
Alignment
Most Crayon Disciples are chaotic, and are not very often neutral on any axis.
Religion
Crayon Disciples usually worship a Parent who supplies them with art tools.
Background
Crayon Disciples tend to originate from unique family structures. Sometimes their parents will be inventive in ways to teach their Crayon Disciple, or very willing to go along with whatever creative venture the Crayon Disciple is going after.
Races
Members of any race can become Crayon Disciples. Usually they are humans, because human Parents are more likely to try inventive ways of parenting.
Other Classes
Crayon Disciples get along with most other classes, but not Mama's Boys/Girls, because they resent people who can't decide things for themselves.
Role
The skill and powers of the Crayon Disciple lend themselves to offensive and battlefield controlling roles. Their spell list lends themselves to stopping opponents from moving, or confusing their opponents with colors and illusions.

Game Rule Information:
Hit Die
d4.

Class Skills
---

Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int Modifier) x4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int Modifier.

Table: The Crayon Disciple

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Crayon Disciple.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Crayon Disciples are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, and quarterstaff, but not with any type of armor or shield. Armor of any type interferes with a Crayon Disciple's movements, which can cause her spells with somatic components to fail.

Spells
A Crayon Disciple casts arcane spell which are drawn from his spell list. A Crayon Disciple can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time.

To learn or cast a spell, a Crayon Disciple must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Crayon Disciple's spell is 10 + the spell level + the Crayon Disciple's Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Crayon Disciple can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Crayon Disciple. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.
A Crayon Disciple can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his spells per day for that spell level. He does not have to decide ahead of time which spells he’ll cast.

Summon Drawing
Once per day, a Crayon Disciple can take a full round action to draw a large line on the ground. He can move 10 feet per caster level (up to the maximum of his run speed) in a straight line during this, and the line exists on any squares he moves through, except for the very last one the Crayon Disciple is in. This line transforms into a type of spell, and is immediately activated. If the spell has a casting time of more than one full round action, the line stays inactive for the amount of time that is required. The area of the spell is changed to the line as necessary. For example, a Prismatic Wall cast by this ability has a width equal to the length of the line, but the height of the wall is as normal. The spell does not count against the Crayon Disciple's normal spells-per day limit.
Only certain spells, as marked by the [Drawable] descriptor, can be used with this ability.
At level 4, level 8, level 12, level 16, and level 20, this ability is usable one more time each day.

Sidestep
Starting at 2nd level, at the end of using Summon Drawing, the last 5 foot square the Crayon Disciple moves to (that is not counted as part of the line) does not count towards the amount of feet he is allowed to move based on his caster level.

Nonlinear Line
At 4th level, a Crayon Disciple may draw lines with Summon Drawing that are not straight. However, he may not make diagonal steps.

Action Lines!
At 10th level, once per day a Crayon Disciple may use this ability. The Crayon Disciple draws seemingly meaningless lines in the air, and a few seconds later, they manifest as weapon attacks. Using this ability is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. This effect does 5d6 force damage, plus 1d6 damage for every 3rd level after 10th. (13, 16, 19). The range of this effect is 5 feet per Crayon Disciple level.
At 15th level, this ability may be used twice per day.
At 20th level, this ability may be used three times per day.

Crayon Disciple's Spell List
0-Level Crayon Disciple Spells (Sketches)
Daze
Light [Drawable]: If used with Summon Drawing, the spell Light is cast individually on each and every square drawn upon.
Flare
Dancing Lights [Drawable]: If used with Summon Drawing, the lights must follow the path of the line.
Prestidigitation
Detect Magic
Read Magic

1st-Level Spells
Shield
Summon Monster I
Hypnotism: Instead of casting this with a verbal component, you may instead use a material component. The material component is then a drawing of a hypnotic pattern.
Sleep
Burning Hands
Magic Missile
Color Spray [Drawable]: If used with Summon Drawing, several cones spring forth from each square drawn on instead of from your hand, in the direction you choose.
Disguise Self
Taboo
Color Wheel I*

2nd-Level Spells
Glitterdust
Daze Monster
Continual Flame
Darkness
Hypnotic Pattern
Invisibility
Minor Image
Mirror Image
Color Wheel II*

3rd-Level Spells
Dispel Magic
Explosive Runes
Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law
Sepia Snake Sigil
Summon Monster III
Arcane Sight
Deep Slumber
You Have to Share
Flashlight
Fireball
Displacement
Illusory Script
Invisibility Sphere
Major Image
Prismatic Playpen* [Drawable]
Power Paint: Summon*

4th-Level Spells
Charm Monster
Geas, Lesser
Hallucinatory Terrain
Illusory Wall
Invisibility, Greater
Rainbow Pattern
Shadow Conjuration* [Drawable]:This is only drawable when used to mimic a conjuration that is drawable.
Power Paint: Need Glasses?*

5th-Level Spells
Summon Monster V
Teleport
Wall of Stone [Drawable]: The shape of the line determines the shape of the wall.
Symbol of Bedtime (Symbol of Sleep)
Wall of Force [Drawable]
Mirage Arcana
Persistent Image
Shadow Evocation* [Drawable]: This is only drawable when used to mimic an evocation that is drawable.
Permanency
Power Paint: Stun*

6th-Level Spells
Antimagic Field
Dispel Magic, Greater
Globe of Invunerability
Wall of Iron [Drawable]
Chores (Quest)
Contingency*: This may be used with Summon Drawing. When Contingency is cast, you use Summon Drawing to draw a line. The line is stored, and then when the contingency is activated, the line is automatically drawn in the same shape (in a position relative to your starting position when you used Summon Drawing). The Contingency counts for your normal spells-per-day, but the spell you use with Summon Drawing counts for your uses of Summon Drawing.
Mislead
Permanent Image
Maturity
Power Paint: Ouch!*
Prismatic Couch Fort*

*New spell or new use of a spell.

Color Wheel I
Evocation
Level: Crayon Disciple 1
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell has a random effect. When you cast this spell, roll a d8 dice. The result on that dice determines the effect of this spell.
{table]
d8ColorEffect
1RedRay deals 1d4 fire damage.
2OrangeRay deals 1d4 acid damage.
3YellowRay deals 1d6 electricity damage.
4GreenHumanoid creature of 5 HD or less loses next action
5BlueProtection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, as determined by caster.
6IndigoIgnore first 10 points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
7VioletHeal 1d8+1 hp
8Reroll
[/table]
If the effect of this spell would have a duration (such as Blue or Indigo), the duration is equal to 5 minutes per caster level.
At the caster's option, he may make a Spellcraft check for this spell to have a specific effect. The DC to make this spell have a specific effect is 10 + The dice roll required for the effect.

Color Wheel II
Evocation

This spell has a random effect. When you cast this spell, roll a d8 dice. The result on that dice determines the effect of this spell.
{table]
d8ColorEffect
1RedRanged touch attack deals 4d6 fire damage.
2OrangeRanged touch attack deals 2d4 acid damage one round, and then another 2d4 acid damage the next.
3YellowGrants Energy Resistance 10 (Electricity).
4GreenDeals 1d6 int, wis, or cha damage.
5BlueCreate 20-ft radius of supernatural shadow centered on an object for 10 minutes per caster level.
6IndigoGain +4 to any selected attribute for 1 minute per caster level.
7VioletYou can use another's feats for yourself.
8Reroll
[/table]
At the caster's option, he may make a Spellcraft check for this spell to have a specific effect. The DC to make this spell have a specific effect is 10 + The dice roll required for the effect. If the caster fails this spellcraft check, the spell does nothing.

Violet: (Will negates) You make a melee touch attack against a target. If successful, you immediately are familiar with the target's feats, if any, and you can choose a number of feats to "leech" equal to half your Wisdom modifier (minimum 0).
While this lasts, you are treated as if you possessed the stolen feats. During this same period, the target can make no use of the stolen feats.

Prismatic Playpen
Abjuration
Level: Crayon Disciple 3
Components: V, S
Effect: Wall 2 ft. /level wide, 1 ft. level high
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
Spell Resistance: See text

Prismatic Playpen creates a vertical, opaque wall-a shimmering, multicolored plane of light that protects you from all forms of attack. The wall flashes with seven colors, each of which has a distinct power and purpose. The wall is immobile, and you can pass through and remain near the wall without harm. However, any creature with less than 4 HD that is within 10 feet of the wall is blinded for 1d4 rounds by the colors if it looks at the wall.

The wall's maximum proportions are 2 feet wide per caster level and 1 feet high per caster level. A prismatic playpen spell cast to materialize in a space occupied by a creature is disrupted, and the spell is wasted.

Each color in the wall has a special effect. The accompanying table shows the seven colors of the wall, the order in which they appear, their effects on creatures trying to attack you or pass through the wall, and the magic needed to negate each color.

The wall can be destroyed, color by color, in consecutive order, by various effects; however, the first color must be brought down before the second can be affected, and so on. Greater Dispel Magic destroys a Prismatic Playpen, and antimagic fields do penetrate it. Spell resistance is effective against a prismatic playpen, but the caster level check must be repeated for each color present.

Prismatic playpen can be made permanent with a permanency spell.
{table]
ColorOrderEffect of ColorNegated By
Red1stDeal 5 points of fire damage. (Reflex negates).Ray of Frost
Orange2ndStop nonmagical ranged weapons. Deals 10 points of acid damage (Reflex negates)Shocking grasp
Yellow3rdStop poisons, gases, and petrification. Deals 15 points of electricity damage. (Reflex negates)Magic Missile
Green4thStops breath weapons. Nauseates.Acid Arrow
Blue5thStops divination and mental attacks.Magic missile
Indigo6thStops 25% of spells.Light
Violet7thStops nonmagical ranged weapons, poisons, gases, petrification, breath weapons, divination and mental attacks, and 25% of spells.Dispel Magic
[/table]

Power Paint: Summon
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Components: S, M
Range: see text
Target: One creature with 10 hp or less
Duration: see text
Saving Throw: None
You draw a single painting of power that causes one animal you've seen the day you cast this spell to come to you, whether they can see the painting or not. The duration of the spell depends on the target's current hit point total. Any animal that currently has 11 or more hit points is unaffect by Power Paint: Summon.
The animal under the influence of this spell can be directed with simple commands such as "Attack", "Run", and "Fetch".
Alternatively, this card can effect any creature with less than one whole hit dice. However, in this case, the maximum hp of the creature that this spell can effect is halved, as are the hit points required for each duration. (Targeting a creature with less than one whole hit dice that has 3 hp would not have a duration of permanent, because the hp required for the duration to be permanent would be 2.5, rounded down to 2.).
{table]
Hit PointsDuration
5 or lessPermanent
6-71d4+1 minutes
8-101d4+1 rounds

Material Components: A piece of paper or something to write on, and a writing implement.

Power Paint: Need Glasses?
Level: Crayon Disciple 4
Target: One creature with 100 hp or less
Duration: See text
You draw a single painting of power that causes one creature of your choice to become Murky-Eyed (In combat, every time it attacks an opponent that has concealment, it must roll its miss chance twice. If either or both results indicate that it misses, the attack fails), whether the creature can see the painting or not. The duration of the spell depends on the target's current hit point total. Any creature that currently has 101 or more hit points is unnaffected by Power Paint: Need Glasses?.
Hit PointsDuration
50 or lessPermanent
51-741d4+1 minutes
75-1001d4+1 rounds

Material Components: A piece of paper or something to write on, and a writing implement.

Power Paint: Ouch!
Level: Crayon Disciple 6
Target: One living creature
You draw a single painting of power that causes one creature of your choice to become hurt. When you cast this spell, select an amount of HP. The targetted creature must have no less than 2x that amount of HP for this spell to work, otherwise this spell fails immediately. You do the same amount of damage as the amount of HP chosen to the creature. However, through this spell you cannot lower any target's HP below 0. This spell occurs whether the target can see the painting or not.
After casting this spell, you take 1/2 the amount of damage done to the creature as subdual damage. This damage is not healed as normal subdual damage would be, and lasts until you have a full 8 hours of rest. (Or, in the case of elves or similar creatures, 8 or less hours of meditation, based on what the normal amount of sleep for that creature is. If your race does not sleep or meditate for any reason, it lasts 12d4 hours.

---
Changed around Color Wheel and a few other things. I've added new (very experimental) uses of spells, and used the editorial razor on many other spells.
I added Action Lines! Which I like as an ability, but as of now, the implementation is kind of worthless/bad. Still experimenting with what I like and what I don't.
I'll be working on a dumbed-down version of the real Prismatic Wall called Prismatic Couch Fort, and Prismatic Sphere might see something called Prismatic Zorb. I'll probably slowly remove canon spells and replace them with CUTE-alikes. That are way cooler.
I'm in love with my new Power Paint idea, for some reason, even though it's kind of odd. Murky-Eyed isn't very bad, so Power Paint: Need Glasses? Seems kind of underpowered to me at the moment. I'm thinking of Power Paint: Ouch! to just bring the hp of the target down by half or something like that.

Elrosth
2006-10-03, 07:57 PM
Tiny, but you should note that the stuffed animal required for the prerequisite is the one modified by the class. As-is, they could have one stuffed animal for a month, and buy a new one the day of their takng the class and imbue that.

Like I said, tiny.

Edit: Referring to the Bearer of the Guardian.

Edit again: For the Crayon Deciple, we aren't going up to 9th level spells. I believe we capped it at 6.

belboz
2006-10-03, 08:09 PM
Tiny, but you should note that the stuffed animal required for the prerequisite is the one modified by the class. As-is, they could have one stuffed animal for a month, and buy a new one the day of their takng the class and imbue that.

Good catch; thanks. Fixed.

SilveryCord
2006-10-03, 08:12 PM
Bleh, only 6th? Alright, well, I'll have to change some things around.

Elrosth
2006-10-03, 08:38 PM
Mind you, we're also not comparing this to standard D&D, so don't think in terms of "what is a 6th lvl spell in D&D", but "what is a 6th lvl spell compared to the other CUTE material."

Also, we're trying to stay away from dragging existing classes into the system if we can. Your current setup looks like a modified wizard. You might do better to look at your flavor text more, and create mechanics more closely reflecting that. The spell selection would be a good place to start

Edit: Oh, and back to the Guardian. There is a requirement that they have to stay together *constantly* for the 30 days, but what happens if they get seperated afterwards? Do they accrue some sort of penalty, similar to geas perhaps? Or doesn't it matter? I picture them being rather distraught if the Great Parents were to take away his beloved guardian for a few days.

SilveryCord
2006-10-03, 08:45 PM
OH, alright. In that case, I've got lots of modifications to do. And I definitely DON'T want it to be just a modified wizard. I'm just lazy right now, so that's what it looks like :P

2006-10-03, 08:47 PM
That's where the whole project started, monsignor cord, so I wouldn't be too worried. ^^;

I'm looking very forward to your future works.

SilveryCord
2006-10-03, 09:37 PM
Well, two things that I'm not sure about:
1) Are 6th level spells closer to 9th level spells or actual 6th level spells? I know we aren't trying to balance it with DnD, but I would enjoy a frame of reference. I imagine from what I've seen from Mama's Boy/Girl that they're closer to "real" 6th level spells.
2) What are we doing about adult classes/PrCs, anyway? Did we ever reach a final verdict? Because I just noticed that Crazy Cat Lady is nestled in the Compendium's Prestige Classes. (My first submission into C.U.T.E)

Elrosth
2006-10-04, 12:38 AM
We're doing nothing about them right now. We're only at the point of having decided what we're doing with two core classes, and in the process of deciding on the third. We haven't worked our way down to prestige classes, adult or otherwise.

I did like the cat lady though, good job. :)

As for the spells, I don't know that *we're* even sure on that. I'd stick to the 6thish area right now, and balance according to the existing spell lists. Be ready and willing to uproot them though. That won't be for a bit, because we're saving the spellcasters for the last core classes before we move on to other things.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-04, 06:59 AM
Great! Another arcane caster! Good, I was getting worried at being the only one.

Now we can do the whole "semi-spontaneous" thing and still have another caster to tinker with and make different.

2006-10-04, 09:22 AM
I'm thinking C.U.T.E.'s perspective on adults may be a splatbook all its own, about growing up. Just a thought, though.

The crazy cat lady is one of those PrCs (like, y'know, most things in BoVD) that are intended mostly for nemeses etc. and not for player characters.

Yuki, good stuff. Glad to see you happy with our direction. ^^;

And actually, one whisperer gets going, it'll be three arcanes, though it's actually going to be more based on psionics...with a dash of warlock, as per the original.

What I've got so far is:
Either 'dark secrets' or 'good secrets'; a whisperer specializes in one at character creation, and each grants differing powers to some degree.
Fluff-wise, the class is either children who've lived through some trauma (divorce, abuse, etc.) or who enjoy saying "I know something you don't know".
A very, very, very small number of powers the whisperer has access to- most likely no more than three to four.
These powers progress in utility and power based on character level, but remain essentially 'upgrades' of the initially available power.
The powers are likely to be usable either at will or modifer/day, haven't decided.
Bound words class feature from the QR will transfer to whisperer.
Storybook will transfer in form of 'Journal' with minor tweaks.
Ability to manifest powers from hiding will be retained in some form.

Elrosth
2006-10-04, 12:09 PM
In that splatbook, do you think we could also go over the rules I made for aging? They were a little complicated, but they could be streamlined, and they weren't going to be used often anyway.

SilveryCord
2006-10-04, 05:17 PM
How do you like my changes? I definitely want to change action lines!, and add some new abilities.

Elrosth
2006-10-04, 07:25 PM
Well first off, as-is your class treats all skills as cross-class, since there aren't any class skills listed. :)

I had an idea for your line ability. Perhaps you could make delayed spells that go off in sequence based on how you draw the squares? I don't have this idea very fleshed out, but perhaps based on your caster level, you could fill a number of squares with spells that would go off when triggered, or in a certain number of rounds, or something. Sort of like Delayed Blast Fireball, or those trap spells.

I dunno, I'm typing this in little sections in class, so I'll have to read over this again in a bit.

2006-10-04, 09:42 PM
In that splatbook, do you think we could also go over the rules I made for aging? They were a little complicated, but they could be streamlined, and they weren't going to be used often anyway.

I think that's a capital idea; actually I was planning all along to have a 'growing up' supplement featuring ways to transition C.U.T.E. characters to adulthood and describing various effects of that.

Elrosth
2006-10-05, 12:51 AM
Awesome. That was one of the concepts that really interested me, so I'd enjoy going over stuff like that. I have plenty of stuff in my head, it'd be nice to see it get out and formalized and whatnot.

belboz
2006-10-06, 01:55 PM
By the way, thoughts on the BotG? I'm a bit worried it's underpowered, but not sure. I was thinking of trying to balance it by comparing a 10th-level Dreamer who advances through levels 11-15 as a BotG to one who takes those levels in Dreamer. HP, BaB, saves, and weapons/armor are a wash, so that mostly leaves the special abilities. By level, that's

{table]

Char Level
BotG
Pure Dreamer

11th
Beloved Guardian
Bonus Feat

12th
Guardian Summoning
It's Not Meant To Go That Way! 1x/day

13th
Guardian HD +1

14th
Shared Souls
No, No, That Went Wrong +1x/day; Bonus Feat

15th
Guardian HD +1 extra

[/table]

So, does that seem about right? Overall it's an 8HD BG, which can teleport to your side from anywhere and share your wounds, vs. 1 use each of It's not Meant to Go that Way and No, No, That Went Wrong plus two bonus feats--plus advancement of dreamer level-scaling abilities like Even Happier Thoughts and 10 extra skill points.

Thoughts? Is it an even trade? Because of the prereqs, the BotG should probably actually come out slightly *ahead* of the pure-classed Dreamer. It seems to me to come out slightly in the *other* direction, in which case I should buff up the BotG a bit.

Some simple ways to do this: Up skill points to 4+int bonus/level (same as the dreamer), add a guardian HD *every* level of BotG (so that you end up with a 10HD guardian at level 15). Would that tip the balance a bit in the other direction? I could also add guardian abilities at levels 3 and/or 5.

2006-10-06, 10:14 PM
I'd say that upping the skill points is a yes; I don't see why not...the kind of dreamer that uses a Gaurdian is, to me, an 'adventurer' dreamer, even a dungeon delver, so skill points make sense.

And upping the HD on the Gaurdian would improve its utility in my view.

My basic perspective is that PrCs should always either be slightly more powerful, but also more difficult to achieve, than base classes, or- equally powerful but different, and about as easy to achieve as can be. I think yours should fit into the first category.

SilveryCord
2006-10-07, 12:40 PM
I'm reposting the new spells, 'cause I don't want to bog down my main post with too much commentary.

Color Wheel I
Evocation

{table]
d8ColorEffect
1RedRay deals 1d4 fire damage.
2OrangeRay deals 1d4 acid damage.
3YellowRay deals 1d6 electricity damage.
4GreenHumanoid creature of 5 HD or less loses next action
5BlueProtection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, as determined by caster.
6IndigoIgnore first 10 points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
7VioletHeal 1d8+1 hp
8Reroll
[/table]
If the effect of this spell would have a duration (such as Blue or Indigo), the duration is equal to 5 minutes per caster level.
At the caster's option, he may make a Spellcraft check for this spell to have a specific effect. The DC to make this spell have a specific effect is 10 + The dice roll required for the effect.

~~~
Strikes me too much as a pointless spell. I'm trying to think of ways to improve this and II, and I'm thinking that I might set up some kind of actual color wheel (instead of the prismatic 7 colors) and having effects based on a multitude of colors. (In the color wheel, remember how 'opposite colors match'? Well, it isn't that easy, there are tons of other interesting ways to determine matching colors that use even 3 or 4 different points on the color wheel for things. But this isn't Divine Design, this is spell writing, soooo)

Color Wheel II
Evocation

{table]
d8ColorEffect
1RedRanged touch attack deals 4d6 fire damage.
2OrangeRanged touch attack deals 2d4 acid damage one round, and then another 2d4 acid damage the next.
3YellowGrants Energy Resistance 10 (Electricity).
4GreenDeals 1d6 int, wis, or cha damage.
5BlueCreate 20-ft radius of supernatural shadow centered on an object for 10 minutes per caster level.
6IndigoGain +4 to any selected attribute for 1 minute per caster level.
7VioletYou can use another's feats for yourself.
8Reroll
[/table]
At the caster's option, he may make a Spellcraft check for this spell to have a specific effect. The DC to make this spell have a specific effect is 10 + The dice roll required for the effect. If the caster fails this spellcraft check, the spell does nothing.

Violet: (Will negates) You make a melee touch attack against a target. If successful, you immediately are familiar with the target's feats, if any, and you can choose a number of feats to "leech" equal to half your Wisdom modifier (minimum 0).
While this lasts, you are treated as if you possessed the stolen feats. During this same period, the target can make no use of the stolen feats.

~~~
Huge fan of Violet, just for stealing a psionic power. Feat Leech rocks. Still kind of moofie, though. Just like I... really.

Prismatic Playpen
Abjuration
Components: V, S
Effect: Wall 2 ft. /level wide, 1 ft. level high
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
Spell Resistance: See text

Prismatic Playpen creates a vertical, opaque wall-a shimmering, multicolored plane of light that protects you from all forms of attack. The wall flashes with seven colors, each of which has a distinct power and purpose. The wall is immobile, and you can pass through and remain near the wall without harm. However, any creature with less than 4 HD that is within 10 feet of the wall is blinded for 1d4 rounds by the colors if it looks at the wall.

The wall's maximum proportions are 2 feet wide per caster level and 1 feet high per caster level. A prismatic playpen spell cast to materialize in a space occupied by a creature is disrupted, and the spell is wasted.

Each color in the wall has a special effect. The accompanying table shows the seven colors of the wall, the order in which they appear, their effects on creatures trying to attack you or pass through the wall, and the magic needed to negate each color.

The wall can be destroyed, color by color, in consecutive order, by various effects; however, the first color must be brought down before the second can be affected, and so on. Greater Dispel Magic destroys a Prismatic Playpen, and antimagic fields do penetrate it. Spell resistance is effective against a prismatic playpen, but the caster level check must be repeated for each color present.

Prismatic playpen can be made permanent with a permanency spell.
{table]
ColorOrderEffect of ColorNegated By
Red1stDeal 5 points of fire damage. (Reflex negates).Ray of Frost
Orange2ndStop nonmagical ranged weapons. Deals 10 points of acid damage (Reflex negates)Shocking grasp
Yellow3rdStop poisons, gases, and petrification. Deals 15 points of electricity damage. (Reflex negates)Magic Missile
Green4thStops breath weapons. Nauseates.Acid Arrow
Blue5thStops divination and mental attacks.Magic missile
Indigo6thStops 25% of spells.Light
Violet7thStops nonmagical ranged weapons, poisons, gases, petrification, breath weapons, divination and mental attacks, and 25% of spells.Dispel Magic
[/table]
~~~
A C.U.T.E prismatic wall! I think the 25% may even be high for avoiding all spells, but y'know. Considering it's only going to have a one in four chance of blocking C.U.T.E spells, which aren't all that epic to begin with, yeah... Still moofie.

Power Paint: Summon
Range: see text
Target: One creature with 10 hp or less
Duration: see text
You draw a single painting of power that causes one animal you've seen the day you cast this spell to come to you, whether they can see the painting or not. The duration of the spell depends on the target's current hit point total. Any animal that currently has 11 or more hit points is unaffect by Power Paint: Summon.
The animal under the influence of this spell can be directed with simple commands such as "Attack", "Run", and "Fetch".
Alternatively, this card can effect any creature with less than one whole hit dice. However, in this case, the maximum hp of the creature that this spell can effect is halved, as are the hit points required for each duration. (Targeting a creature with less than one whole hit dice that has 3 hp would not have a duration of permanent, because the hp required for the duration to be permanent would be 2.5, rounded down to 2.).
{table]
Hit PointsDuration
5 or lessPermanent
6-71d4+1 minutes
8-101d4+1 rounds

~~~
Ah, Power Paint. This gets even stranger, because it's basically a cheap adaptation of Power Word, but with paint. I might change the components to a focus and have different drawing-based things. Dunno.

Power Paint: Need Glasses?
Level: Crayon Disciple 4
Target: One creature with 100 hp or less
Duration: See text
You draw a single painting of power that causes one creature of your choice to become Murky-Eyed (In combat, every time it attacks an opponent that has concealment, it must roll its miss chance twice. If either or both results indicate that it misses, the attack fails), whether the creature can see the painting or not. The duration of the spell depends on the target's current hit point total. Any creature that currently has 101 or more hit points is unnaffected by Power Paint: Need Glasses?.
Hit PointsDuration
50 or lessPermanent
51-741d4+1 minutes
75-1001d4+1 rounds

~~~
I still think Murky-Eyed is pretty weak, so I might just add an additional -1 to attack rolls. However, a flaw that can last until you get a Restoration or something is pretty nice. I might change minutes to hours and rounds to minutes, thinking about this one still.

Power Paint: Ouch!
Level: Crayon Disciple 6
Target: One living creature
You draw a single painting of power that causes one creature of your choice to become hurt. When you cast this spell, select an amount of HP. The targetted creature must have no less than 2x that amount of HP for this spell to work, otherwise this spell fails immediately. You do the same amount of damage as the amount of HP chosen to the creature. However, through this spell you cannot lower any target's HP below 0. This spell occurs whether the target can see the painting or not.
After casting this spell, you take 1/2 the amount of damage done to the creature as subdual damage. This damage is not healed as normal subdual damage would be, and lasts until you have a full 8 hours of rest. (Or, in the case of elves or similar creatures, 8 or less hours of meditation, based on what the normal amount of sleep for that creature is. If your race does not sleep or meditate for any reason, it lasts 12d4 hours.
If the targeted creature's HP is less than 2x the HP you selected, the spell fails to do any damage to the creature, but the subdual damage is still dealt to you. However, there is one important difference: Instead of taking 1/2 of the damage, you take the entire amount.

~~~
Fixed the horror of this. Now it's significantly weak, being mind-affecting, and it has a very Price is Right effect. Except that if you choose a price too high, you don't lose your chance of getting a car. You very possibly lose your life.

Any more opinions? I'm at work on a few new spells currently:
Prismatic Zorb
Prismatic Couch-Fort
Art Homework: Not sure what this would do, give enemy a piece of paper that they've got to draw a self-portrait on? Takes 5 hours, -1 hour for every 4 points of int?
Crayonshape: Turn in to an actual, moving piece of artwork, a la a psionic tattoo.
Show Mommy Your Art!: I dunno, something about everyone having to make some kind of Craft (Drawing) check or something, and whoever gets the highest score gets a bonus from good ol' Mom.
Forced Doodle: Enemy gets distracted and starts doodling.

Also, unrelated to the Crayon Disciple, should we make a 'Super Super Core' list of spells that almost every class gets? I'd imagine almost every spellcasting class should get basics like Tag or Hug or something.

--Edit: I changed Power Paint: Ouch! a bit. This definitely fixes all the problems I thought of it being too powerful: If you pick a number too high because you're trying to kill something, not only do you get subdual damage that lasts the rest of the day, but it's a large amount of subdual damage, just because of the nature of the fact that you picked a number too high.

2006-10-08, 08:45 PM
Hm....I like the Crayon disciple so far, and it looks like you've really put a lot of work into making sure the spells are balanced and interesting. I congratulate you, and I can't see any problems with your current versions of the spells, at least, having skimmed them.

That's a metric ton of text, though, so everybody, everybody, come on doooown.

belboz
2006-10-08, 09:23 PM
Hey, Shiny--Sorry to put you through it again so quickly, but would you be willing to start up a Panlid Champion eval thread? Nobody else seems to have come up with any big ideas for the next target.

SilveryCord--Sorry I haven't provided any feedback yet; it's been a very busy weekend for me. A quick glance makes me like it; I'll try to give it a bit more attention in the next couple of days.

2006-10-08, 09:24 PM
Hey, Shiny--Sorry to put you through it again so quickly, but would you be willing to start up a Panlid Champion eval thread? Nobody else seems to have come up with any big ideas for the next target.

SilveryCord--Sorry I haven't provided any feedback yet; it's been a very busy weekend for me. A quick glance makes me like it; I'll try to give it a bit more attention in the next couple of days.

I'll get right on it.

SilveryCord
2006-10-08, 09:28 PM
At first, I thought Show Mommy Your Art! was a bad idea.

Now I think I'm going to have to have Lesser, normal, and Greater, because I just fell in love with it. The idea of everyone suddenly stopping combat and just starting to draw is just so... C.U.T.E.

Ego Slayer
2006-10-10, 03:21 PM
... I hadn't ever looked over this project before. o.O
It sure as heck has become extentive. Wow. It's truely awesome. ^_^

2006-10-10, 03:29 PM
... I hadn't ever looked over this project before. o.O
It sure as heck has become extentive. Wow. It's truely awesome. ^_^
That's because were geniouses. Obviously.
Thanks for stoppin' by, Ego.

Elrosth
2006-10-11, 06:16 PM
Given the announcement about the server update, should we maybe move our CUTE stuff offline? I'm sure several of you have some large chunks of it, but maybe we should back up the bulk of our project so far somewhere. I for one managed to get all of the mechanical material from the first CUTE sandbox thread into a .txt when I went through it the first time. It isn't very well organized, but it's there at least.

Would we maybe wanna take advantage of Fax's offer on his wiki?

Mephibosheth
2006-10-11, 08:49 PM
I have all the content I've submitted saved as Word documents, ready to be resubmitted should we lose anything to the transfer. I can do the same with other stuff if people so desire.

Mephibosheth

Elrosth
2006-10-11, 09:11 PM
Cool. Actually, even after the transfer it might be cool to have our CUTE material on a wiki. Perhaps we should wait until we have a little more content, but still I think it'd be pretty cool.

belboz
2006-10-12, 01:22 AM
I've saved the "reply" screen from the following threads as HTML:

Cute I and II
Cute Compendium
Completed Content
Evaluation Methodology

There are a few bits of CUTE not covered in those threads; I can try to hunt them down, or anyone else can. (Reply to a thread, and "File > Save Page As.." [at least on Firefox; the exact command may be different on other browsers] on the reply page.) This is not ideal--in particular, it's not as good as Fax's solution (except inasmuch as it's a much easier way to copy down vast quantities of material quickly), because the HTML is a mess, and even if it weren't, it wouldn't be BBCode. But it's a lot better than actually losing the material; there's no *creative* work to be done in reconstructing it from these files, just lots of grunt work. Or, I guess, *really* creative work in coming up with a script that will recover the BBCode from the HTML.

Collin152
2006-10-12, 11:37 PM
A... Wiki? of our very own? Wooh... I think Im about to faint.. wooh.... Well, If Spore gets its own wiki, why not us?

Fax Celestis
2006-10-12, 11:40 PM
You can use mine. (http://corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/) Just put [[category:CUTE]] at the bottom of every page and it'll all be sorted nicely.

Also, I have a Word macro that automatically converts from BB format to Wiki format. I'll give it to interested parties, if we decide to wikitize CUTE.

EDIT: Hell, it's not that difficult. I'll start 'porting it myself. If there's something in particular you want 'ported, let me know, preferably via PM, Email, or AIM, all of which are available through my profile.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-13, 12:34 AM
The Dreamer (http://www.corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/Dreamer) is successfully on the Wiki.

EDIT: As is the Storybook Hero (http://www.corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/Storybook_Hero).

EDIT II: Oh hell, so is the Darling (http://corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/Darling).

Fax Celestis
2006-10-13, 01:13 AM
Ah'm on fayur tonight: the CUTE Catalog (http://www.corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/CUTE_Catalog) is now in existence.

Should I 'port to the wiki things that are not yet confirmed, and then edit at a later date, or no?

2006-10-13, 09:04 AM
Ah'm on fayur tonight: the CUTE Catalog (http://www.corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/index.php/CUTE_Catalog) is now in existence.

Should I 'port to the wiki things that are not yet confirmed, and then edit at a later date, or no?
Of course not! By jiminy, if you undertake more difficult but essential work on our behalf, so help me...
I may hug you.

It would be really awkward probably.

Earthstar_Fungus
2006-10-14, 08:58 AM
I know that the focus right now is classes and spells but I had an idea about the currency. Wouldn't candy be worth more the further back in time you went? For example, the Little House on the Prarie children only got candy when their father went to town, they didn't have it all the time. There should also be a chart showing all the different types of candy and their values, such as peppermints and gumdrops.
Oh, and also this:

Summon Turkish Delight
Evocation
Level: ?
Components: M
Spell Resistance: N/A

You summon a box of magical turkish delights. If the entire box is consumed by a creature capable of tasting, taking 2d4 rounds to do so, they must succeed on a will save of 14 or want more of the candy over all other things. If they consume, more than one box, for each box the will save increases by 2. Every 2 hours they get another will save to stop wanting the candy. If given enough of the candy, they will continue consuming it until they explode(over 20 boxes). However, the most commonly used purpose for the candy is to get someone addicted and then bargain with them using the candy as payment.
Material Component: One drop of sugar water dripped on the ground.

---
That's the Wrong Flavor

Transmutation
Level: ?
Components: V,S
Spell Resistance: N/A

You turn one kind of candy in to another by muttering "turn ____ in to ____" and waving your hands over the candy. You can not turn one candy in to one that is more valuable, ex. turning candycorn in to chocolate coins. You can change the flavor of a candy, such as a blueberry jellybean in to a watermelon jellybean.

---
I'm kind of a newbie at this homebrewing stuff so help would be greatly appreciated.

SilveryCord
2006-10-14, 09:16 AM
That's a lovely idea!
I guess we're going to have to have tons of economical stuff to replace DnD's livestock values, item values, gold/silver/platinum pieces, etc.
I like the idea of candy being the gp, but maybe crayons could be livestock? Well, not alive-stock, but anyway.

"I'll trade you my Mango Blossom crayon for your Blueberry Mint Surprise candy!"

2006-10-14, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the contribution! ^^
We had some talk about currency in CUTE a while back, but we never really resolved it; I like your spells, actually, sounds interesting, especially that first one- very good flavor, no pun intended.

Behind-the-scenes, I'm actually trying to work out a barter-based system, but believe you me, it's no picnic. D20 just isn't designed with barter in mind, so much.

SilveryCord
2006-10-14, 10:19 AM
Hmmm, scrapping the Draw skill as of now. Didn't like how it worked out. I'll probably wait until the rest of the skills become more fleshed out before I move into that section of the Crayon Disciple.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-15, 01:08 AM
I present you: The Prodigy!
[hr]
Many are the children who are sent to music lessons as small children and excel due to some untapped musical talent. Some of these children learn to manipulate this talent and become prodigies.

Abilities: Charisma is a prodigy's most important statistic, since the majority of their class skills run off of it. Intelligence is another fine choice, for a variety of skill points.

Alignment: Prodigies who focus on classical music and instruments tend towards law, while prodigies who focus on more modern music and instruments tend towards chaos, though there are prodigies of all alignments in all genres.

Hit Die: d6

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Prodigies are proficient with all simple weapons and light armor. In addition, the prodigy is proficient in the following weapons: conductor's baton, violin bow, guitar pick, and tuning fork.

Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, x4 at 1st level): Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Hold It, Listen, Perform, Play, Sleight of Hand

Sheet Music: All Prodigies can read sheet music regardless of race or upbringing.

Prodigal Music: A Prodigy may activate Prodigal Music a number of times per day equal to the Prodigy's class level plus his Charisma modifier. It has various effects according to the results of a Perform check. All Prodigal Music effects are cumulative.

For each point of the result of the check, all allies within earshot gain 1 temporary hit point.

For each three points of the result of the check above ten, all allies within earshot gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls.

For each three points of the result of the check above ten, all allies within earshot gain a +1 morale bonus to armor class.

For each four points of the result of the check above fifteen, all allies within earshot gain Damage Reduction 1/-.

For each four points of the result of the check above fifteen, all allies within earshot gain resistance 2 to the energy type of their choice.

For each five points of the result of the check above twenty, all allies within earshot gain Spell Resistance 5.

A Prodigy can continue a song for a number of rounds equal to his class level plus his Constitution modifier, after which he is fatigued. In order to use this ability, a Prodigy needs some sort of instrument he is proficient with (such as his voice or a drum). Starting a song is a standard action, while continuing one is a free action.

Motivation: By spending one use of his Prodigal Music and performing, a Prodigy can grant all allies within earshot a +1 bonus to all skill checks for the duration of his song. This increases to +2 at 5th level, +3 at 8th level, +4 at 11th level, +5 at 14th level, +6 at 17th level, and +7 at 20th level.

A Prodigy can continue a song for a number of rounds equal to his class level plus his Constitution modifier, after which he is fatigued. In order to use this ability, a Prodigy needs some sort of instrument he is proficient with (such as his voice or a drum). Starting a song is a standard action, while continuing one is a free action.

Refined Performance: Starting at 4th level, whenever making a Perform check for any reason, a Prodigy can treat a roll of 1 as a 2. This ability improves to treat all rolls of 2 or lower as 3 at 8th level, all rolls of 3 or lower as 4 at 12th level, all rolls of 4 or lower as 5 at 16th level, and all rolls of 5 or lower as 6 at 20th level. This ability, under all circumstances, only applies to Perform checks.

Resounding Performance: Starting at 7th level, a prodigy hones his skill as a public musician and can reroll a Perform check once per day. He gains extra uses of this ability at 10th, 13th, 16th, and 19th level.

Tireless Performace: At 15th level, the Prodigy is no longer fatigued after a use of his Prodigal Music.

Prodigy Progression
{table]
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special

1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Sheet Music, Prodigal Music

2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Motivation +1

3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 -

4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Refined Performance (Ignore 1s)

5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Motivation +2

6th +4 +2 +5 +5 -

7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Resounding Performance (1/day)

8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 Motivation +3, Refined Performance (Ignore 2s)

9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 -

10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 Resounding Performance (2/day)

11th +8/+3 +3 +7 +7 Motivation +4

12th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 Refined Performance (Ignore 3s)

13th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 Resounding Performance (3/day)

14th +10/+5 +4 +9 +9 Motivation +5

15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +9 Tireless Performance

16th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Resounding Performance (4/day), Refined Performance (Ignore 4s)

17th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Motivation +6

18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +11 -

19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +11 Resounding Performance (5/day)

20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +12 Motivation +7, Refined Performance (Ignore 5s)
[/table]

Elrosth
2006-10-15, 05:29 AM
Awesome. That is awesome. I love it.

2006-10-15, 06:13 PM
I like it;
One or two points that aren't quite clear to me, probably becuase of the poor condition of my vulnerable, glistening brainmeats- people stab them so often.

First, why such a paucity of class skills?
Given that the Prodigy has, in essence, one class feature that takes various forms, I'd think a wide selection of skills might be appropriate. Then again, 4+int is very middle-of-the-road and it would lead to some choice paralysis if those few skill points had to be spread around too much; plus, with perform, craft, and diplomacy on there, they can shine in a variety of roles....their primary one, equipmenteer or what-have-you, and maybe party face in a pinch...so they don't have many skills, but the ones they do have are broadly focused.

One point of clarification:
I'm assuming the perform check to activate prodigal music doesn't have a DC; it's just a basic d20 roll....I never play Bards so I'm not that familiar with this sort of thing.

x_x;

But yeah...with the four-above-fifteen abilities; do they gain both resistance to energy and damage reduction? Or is it one or the other? Or does the Prodigy choose one to apply? Sorry if I'm being thick, here- all the other abilities activate at different amounts above a given number, so those two being at the same level, so to speak, threw me off.

Anyways, that's my basic comments for the time being- but everybody, get in on this, it sounds fun.

Silverycord, by the way, I liked what you had on the Draw skill- a rough cut, yes, but I liked it, and I would strongly urge you to keep working on the Crayon Disciple...I really like the idea of Show Mommy Your Art, too, and an artistic kid is very very CUTE.

Also: I'm considering, as long as VT doesn't have a problem with it, working the Somnambul (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11543018 24;start=0#0) into CUTE in some form or another. What do you guys think?

Fax Celestis
2006-10-15, 07:50 PM
First, why such a paucity of class skills?
Given that the Prodigy has, in essence, one class feature that takes various forms, I'd think a wide selection of skills might be appropriate. Then again, 4+int is very middle-of-the-road and it would lead to some choice paralysis if those few skill points had to be spread around too much; plus, with perform, craft, and diplomacy on there, they can shine in a variety of roles....their primary one, equipmenteer or what-have-you, and maybe party face in a pinch...so they don't have many skills, but the ones they do have are broadly focused.
I only had so many skills that I gave them, and I decided that 6+Int was too many, since they'd basically be required to take cross-class skills at that point.

One point of clarification:
I'm assuming the perform check to activate prodigal music doesn't have a DC; it's just a basic d20 roll....I never play Bards so I'm not that familiar with this sort of thing.

Right, it's a basic Perform check: d20 + ranks + mods. Bards actually don't do it like this: they do it on a level by level basis, no check required.

But yeah...with the four-above-fifteen abilities; do they gain both resistance to energy and damage reduction? Or is it one or the other? Or does the Prodigy choose one to apply?
They get both. So a Prodigy who gets a 38 (a natural 20 at 18 ranks) on his check will give +38 temporary hit points, +9 to attack rolls, +9 armor class, DR 5/-, Energy Resist 10, and SR 15.

You know, I think that the attack roll bonus is going to change from a 2:1 to a 3:1 ratio.

2006-10-15, 07:58 PM
Okay, that answers my main queries.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-15, 10:28 PM
Also, added the following:

Starting a song is a standard action, while continuing one is a free action.

Elrosth
2006-10-17, 08:16 PM
I contacted Gorbash Kazdar, as he suggested in the Server thread, about backing up large project threads. He even mentioned CUTE in the post. :D Anyway, just mentioning so we don't all PM him or something. This will be an additional backup to the Wiki we already have.

Would someone want to come up with a list of all of our threads so far? I can do it when I get home, but I don't get home for another 5 or 6 hours. So if someone wants to do it before that they can.

2006-10-18, 12:28 AM
Since I didn't really want to sleep tonight....this.
And don't worry, I have a hardcopy. Like, in pen.

Mumbler
It is an uncomfortable but undeniable truth that some children are brought up, not in love, but in the chaos of wrath, hatred and perversion that characterizes human discord. It is also an uncomfortable fact that children remember most of what they see and hear, but those who see and hear terrible, or simply secret, things are more likely to suffer any punishment than reveal their hoarded knowledge. As great as any child's capacity for laughter, light-heartedness, and volume may be, so too their capacity for sober and obsessive silence.
Some children learn to take their fascination with secrets, or their long-held pain at the nature of those secrets, and tap mystic abilities beyond ordinary ken. These children are, in short, Mumblers.

Adventures:
More often than not, a Mumbler adventures to escape something. Whether it's the taunts of their peers, troubles at home, or simply their own memories, they frequently choose escape into adventuring and fantasy as a route preferable to the alternative, no matter how dangerous.

Characteristics:
Mumblers gain increased combat prowess against enemies by studying their unconcious cues and patterns from a position of stealth, reading nuances of movement and manner near-perfectly as a result of their long practice at observation. In addition, they gain mystical abilities by tapping into the secrets contained in their jealously gaurded journals; but in return, they must abide by personal vows.

Alignment:
A Mumbler's alignment is generally a product of their reaction to the adversity that rendered them quiet and 'strange'. Those who feel bitterness and anger toward those that wronged them are frequently evil, while those who take a path of noble perseverance in the face of adversity are frequently good. Those who enjoy secrets simply for the pleasure of witholding them tend toward neutrality.
Since secrecy and the sort of fringe individual the Mumbler indusputably is flourishes more in disorder than not, most Mumblers tend toward Chaos rather than law.

Religion:
Most Mumblers have experienced deep and abiding dissapointment at the hands of those they invested with divine right. Not merely secular, but often openly hostile to religion, Mumblers almost never bear any love to those who channel divine might. Those few that do profess religious belief are frequently seeking an alternative example to counterbalance the meagre goodness they have seen in their own lives.

Background:
More than most classes, Mumblers come from a common set of circumstances; though the particulars differ, the broad strokes tend to be similar if not precisely the same.
Broken homes, shouting parents; savage pains, emotional, physical, and mental, form a Mumbler into what he is. The drive to survive makes the Mumbler furtive; the desire to escape makes him or her swift and sure. They have watched discord and dissolution from the shadows and corners of their world, and shadows, corners, and fringes are their natural habitat.
In more concrete terms, Mumblers tend to be children of divorced or abusive parents, orphans or street children, or mentally ill.

Races:
By far the majority of Mumblers are human; most other races either raise their children so savagely already that the 'weakness' of a quiet, withdrawn mumbler would be stamped out, or have childhoods so removed from the experience as humans know it that they have no chance to undergo the requisite trauma.

Other classes:
Mumblers get along well enough with members of almost any class- most of the time. However, they tend to be sensitive to slights both real and imagined, and may take the Storybook Heroe's brashness as accusatory, the Panlid Champion's preoccupation as rejection, and the Darling's absent-mindedness as aloofness. Treated well, they are loyal if conflicted friends, treated at all badly (or even indifferently) they are to be watched.

Role:
Mumblers tend toward a solitary place in any adventuring party, primarily as scouts with a secondary position as oppurtunistic combatants. In those unusual situations where the entire party can't confront a threat en masse, the Mumbler is more at ease than most going solo- more as a function of personality than ability.

I'm still massaging my brain to get some of the class abilities to work, so the game rule stuff is coming. For now, have a look at my fluff and tell me what you think?

Fax Celestis
2006-10-18, 02:22 PM
I've got one too, the Pious.
[hr]
Most children are taught the difference between good and bad, right and wrong, at an early age, but a few adhere to the ideals more than others. These children are often jokingly referred to as "goody two-shoes" by their peers, but they know themselves to be pious.

Abilities: Wisdom and Charisma are a pious' most important statistics, since the majority of their class skills run off of them.

Alignment: Most pious are shining examples of their alignment. As such, a pious can be any alignment except true neutral.

Hit Die: d8

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Prodigies are proficient with all martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.

Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, x4 at 1st level): Concentration, Decipher Script, Gather Information, Heal, Knowledge (Religion), Sense Motive, Spellcraft

Aura: A pious is continuously surrounded by an aura of their conviction. The pious has a variety of auras that have various effects. They know one aura at first level, and gain a new aura at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th levels.

Auras affect all allies within 30' (including yourself) with line of effect to you.

The bonus granted by your aura (regardless of the specific aura) is a sacred bonus and begins at +1 and increases to +2 at 3rd, +3 at 6th, +4 at 9th, +5 at 12th, +6 at 15th, and +7 at 18th. In addition, a pious adds their Charisma modifier or their Wisdom modifier (whichever is lower) to their aura modifier to determine the effects of their auras.

Changing an aura is a swift action. At 11th level, a pious can have two auras active at once. At 20th level, a pious can have three auras active at once.

Aura of Conviction: Allies within the area of the aura gain a deflection bonus to AC and a resistance bonus to saving throws equal to your aura modifier.

Aura of Healing: Allies within the area of the aura gain fast healing equal to 1/2 your aura modifier (rounded down; minimum 1).

Aura of Magic: Allies within the area of the aura gain a bonus equal to 1/2 your aura modifier (rounded down; minimum 1) when making Caster Level checks.

Aura of Power: Allies within the area of the aura gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your aura modifier.

Aura of Presence: Allies within the area of the aura gain a bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks equal to your aura modifier.

Aura of Resistance: Allies within the area of the aura gain energy resistance against fire, sonic, electrical, acid, and cold damage equal to 3 times their aura modifier.

Aura of Senses: Allies within the area of the aura gain a bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks equal to your aura modifier.

Aura of Shielding: Allies within the area of the aura deal reciprocal damage to any creature who strikes them with a nonreach melee attack. The aura deals 2 points of slashing damage per point of your aura modifier to the attacking creature, of a damage type according to your alignment: anarchic for chaos, axiomatic for lawful, good for good, and evil for evil.

Aura of Tactics: Allies within the area of the aura gain a bonus on trip checks, disarm checks, bull rush checks, and grapple checks equal to your aura modifier.

Aura of Tenacity: Allies within the area of the aura improve their spell's saving throws by 1/2 your aura modifier (rounded down; minimum 1).

Aura of Toughness: Allies within the area of the aura gain damage resistance equal to your aura modifier. This damage resistance is overcome by damage types of your alignment.

Spells: A pious casts Paladin spells. A pious casts spells spontaneously and is limited to a specific number of spells known.

To cast a spell, a pious must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The DC for a saving throw against a pious' spell is 10 + spell level + the pious' Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a pious can only cast a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given in the table. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day for a high Wisdom score.

Since these are divine spells, a pious' spell failure chance does not apply to these spells.

Spells Known: A pious starts knowing three 1st level spells. At each level, the pious learns two additional spells of any level he can cast, chosen from the pious spell list.

Smite: Starting at 2nd level, a pious can smite a creature of an opposed alignment to his own. Once per day, a pious can strike with the force of their conviction, gaining a bonus on their attack roll equal to their Charisma modifier and a bonus on damage equal to their pious level. This ability has no effect if used on an opponent that does nt have an opposed alignment to the pious'. The pious gains extra uses of this ability at 6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th levels.

Discern Intent: Starting at fourth level, a pious can recognize when a person is trustworthy or not, giving the character a +2 bonus on Sense Motive checks when trying to get a "hunch" about the subject's personality after a 1-minute conversation. This bonus increases to +4 at 8th level, +6 at 12th, +8 at 16th, and +10 at 20th.

Pious Progression
{table]
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spells Per Day Auras Known

1st +0 +2 +0 +2 Aura +1 2/-/-/- 1

2nd +1 +3 +0 +3 Smite (1/day) 3/-/-/- 1

3rd +2 +3 +1 +3 Aura +2 4/-/-/- 1

4th +3 +4 +1 +4 Discern Intent +2 5/-/-/- 2

5th +3 +4 +1 +4 - 5/2/-/- 2

6th +4 +5 +2 +5 Aura +3, Smite (2/day) 6/3/-/- 2

7th +5 +5 +2 +5 - 6/5/-/- 2

8th +6/+1 +6 +2 +6 Discern Intent +4 7/6/-/- 3

9th +6/+1 +6 +3 +6 Aura +4 7/6/2/- 3

10th +7/+2 +7 +3 +7 Smite (3/day) 8/7/3/- 3

11th +8/+3 +7 +3 +7 Double Aura 8/7/5/- 3

12th +9/+4 +8 +4 +8 Aura +5, Discern Intent +6 8/8/6/- 4

13th +9/+4 +8 +4 +8 - 8/8/6/2 4

14th +10/+5 +9 +4 +9 Smite (4/day) 8/8/7/3 4

15th +11/+6/+1 +9 +5 +9 Aura +6 8/8/7/5 4

16th +12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10 Discern Intent +8 8/8/8/6 5

17th +12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10 - 8/8/8/6 5

18th +13/+8/+3 +11 +6 +11 Aura +7, Smite (5/day) 8/8/8/7 5

19th +14/+9/+4 +11 +6 +11 - 8/8/8/7 5

20th +15/+10/+5 +12 +6 +12 Triple Aura, Discern Intent +10 8/8/8/8 6
[/table]

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-18, 02:41 PM
..I don't like the idea of a character with auras and spells. Especially considering they have all the powers of the Mama's Boy, and then some.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-18, 02:56 PM
..I don't like the idea of a character with auras and spells. Especially considering they have all the powers of the Mama's Boy, and then some.
Oh? What if I got rid of the spells and made it auras only?

EDIT: Or made them Paladin spells instead of Cleric spells?

belboz
2006-10-18, 04:05 PM
Behind-the-scenes, I'm actually trying to work out a barter-based system, but believe you me, it's no picnic. D20 just isn't designed with barter in mind, so much.

Actually, I'm curious about why this is. The easiest possibility I could think of in terms of converting a D20 system to barter would be this: Continue to give every item a "value" (perhaps represented by its current value in GP), but make that an abstract notion, like hit points. A value of 500 doesn't actually mean you can get 500 *pieces of gold* for the item, just that you can trade it (in general; this might be modified up or down based on circumstance, such as the other party's particular interest in your item) for other items with a total value less than or equal to 500. Of course, there's the issue of haggling--but no more, really, than you have with gold.

Does this not work?

Not that I'm set against candy-based currency, or anything; I'm just curious.

Mephibosheth
2006-10-18, 05:29 PM
Since you mentioned the role of haggling in our proposed barter-based economy (which, by the way, I think is a pretty good idea if we can make it simple), I thought I'd offer my Appraise Haggling rules as a way of determining trades. I've posted them on Giantitp before, but I noticed this discussion of barter and thought I'd bring them up again. They'd need to be tweaked for CUTE, of course, but here they are:

Appraise Haggling – Alternate Rules

This use of the Appraise skill allows characters to haggle with merchants when buying or selling goods. It represents the result of a long, drawn-out bargaining process.

Check
The basic check for an Appraise Haggling attempt is an opposed Appraise roll. For the purposes of adjudicating barter, the value of item offered by the winner of the Appraise roll is considered 1% greater for every 1 by which his/her Appraise roll was greater. Thus, if a character wins by 5, his/her item is considered to have a 5% higher value. This extra value can never exceed 20%.

Action
Haggling is a lengthy process. Making an Appraise Haggling attempt requires 5 minutes (50 consecutive full round actions). The DM can lengthen or shorten this time, depending on the circumstances.

Retry
No retry is possible for Appraise Haggling checks. Once a final value is arrived at, the bartering process is over.

Special
Because haggling is a very circumstantial process, the following modifiers apply:
A character bargaining with a friendly opponent has a +2 circumstance bonus on Appraise Haggling checks. A character bargaining with an unfriendly opponent has a -2 penalty on Appraise Haggling checks.
Imbuing an item with a fake magical aura gains the seller a +5 bonus on Appraise Haggling attempts if the opponent detects the aura. However, if the aura is found to be fake, the seller takes a -10 circumstance penalty on Appraise Haggling checks.
The DM can award additional circumstance bonuses as he/she sees fit (good roleplaying, etc)Synergy
If you have 5 or more ranks in Bluff, Sense Motive, or any Knowledge skill related to the object in question, you gain a +2 synergy bonus on Appraise Haggling checks. 5 or more ranks in the relevant Craft skill also grant a +2 synergy bonus to Appraise Haggling checks made to determine the price of a non-magical good.

What do you guys think? Applicable or not?

Mephibosheth

Elrosth
2006-10-18, 08:48 PM
I think that sounds pretty good. Should we take into consideration "haggling" by other means, such as a bully using intimidate? Normally I'd just assume that the relevant skills would be used in place of the haggling, but for kids it tends to blend together. Negotiations could involve any combination of being sweet, being persuasive, being mean, citing favors, threatening to tell adults, etc.

I would actually vote not to take that into consideration, I like your model's simplicity. Just wondering if that should have any bearing.

2006-10-18, 08:49 PM
Hm...I like the Pious, actually. And since they value values that are (presumably) taught to them by their parents, they kind of step into the Mama's boy/girl niche. With Paladin spells, plus Auras..they might even be more appropriate to our power level than that class.

I do like the Mama's boy, though. If it came down to a rundown betwixt the two, I'm not sure which one I'd pick.

Belboz, I like your idea for assigning values, and Meph, I love your idea for adjusting the values. It'll take some work, but that can be part of our item creation process with no problem.

So, summary, whoo!

What, no comments about Mumbler?
All right, I'm working on the class features. *grumble*
I swear!

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-18, 08:50 PM
If Clerics and Paladins can exist in the same setting, I don't see why Mama's Boys and Pious..es.. can't.

2006-10-18, 08:54 PM
If Clerics and Paladins can exist in the same setting, I don't see why Mama's Boys and Pious..es.. can't.

Le point!
But yes....with Paladin spells, Pious looks okay to me.
Though we might want to edit that there spell list a tad.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-18, 09:25 PM
Certainly. The only reason I made it "paladin spells" was because we don't have CUTE spells yet. So, after approval of spells, it may benefit to go through and retool the lists of all the classes we do.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-10-19, 06:58 PM
Comrade Gorby: All Project C.U.T.E. threads have been backed up to this point. Any posts made after the timestamp on this post have not been backed up.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-19, 07:02 PM
Comrade Gorby: All Project C.U.T.E. threads have been backed up to this point. Any posts made after the timestamp on this post have not been backed up.
Thank you!

Elrosth
2006-10-19, 09:09 PM
Awesome. So I take it we're putting this on the back burner for a few days till everything is all sorted out?

2006-10-19, 09:32 PM

Double thank you!

Vadin
2006-10-27, 03:41 PM
Ach! I've been gone for awhile, my account disappears...oy vey!
The HPoB is back from an unforseen irl issue with his computer.
It's great to see new people working on CUTE.
Also, is it the auras you don't like? Or just the auras and spells together? Or is it that he fills the same niche as the Mama's Boy?

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-27, 03:47 PM
It's that he has auras and spells. And that he fills the same niche as the Mama's Boy.

Either give them more auras and ditch the spellcasting, or reduce their spellcasting, ditch the auras and give them a few more class abilities.

And for the love of Dad, reduce their spells per day!

2006-10-28, 09:43 PM
Oy, by all the saints and ghosts and gods.

This is going to take a lot of getting used to.

I'm still in on C.U.T.E, everyone, as I hope you are, and I'll eventually find everything and re-do our links.

Over the changeover I spent a while doing work on my other campaign world, which has distracted me, but I'll get back in the swing if you will.

I'm not sure Paladin spells are sufficiently powerful to be unbalancing even with the addition of auras, Yuki; what's your rationale?

Mephibosheth
2006-10-29, 12:26 PM
I agree with Yuki on this one. I think that the Pious does pretty much what the Mama's Boy/Girl does, only better. You could make a case for the Mama's Boy/Girl's access to 6th level spells making up for the Pious' added abilities, but ultimately, I don't think that's the case. Plus, the Pious gets far more spells per day than our full casters, which seems counter-intuitive to me. I like the aura abilities a lot, and I think it fits with the flavor of a goody-two-shoes better than spells. My suggestion would be to remove the spellcasting and improve the aura abilities (maybe more auras known) and add some auras that are detrimental to the enemy. That plus the decent BAB, saves, weapon proficiency, and smiting make for a more balanced class that fits better within its role, IMHO.

Mephibosheth

belboz
2006-10-29, 04:07 PM
For the record, add my agreement. It's not *so* much about balance with our other classes (although that's an issue), it's about potential toe-treading. I mean, the MB/MG isn't an approved class yet, so I suppose it's possible that we'd take the Pious as it stands *over* the other class, but I like the MB/MG enough that I really don't want another class that comes close to being a straight improvement.

(And yeah, the number of spells thing is an issue. The way we've been working it, a Core bard is approximately a full caster by CUTE standards. Classes with lots of other powers should be notably inferior to bards in spellcasting, unless that's wrong.)

2006-10-30, 09:26 AM
The mama's boy isn't approved yet, but I think we were all expecting it to be (with good reason) so it's admissable to speak as if it were.

I've pretty much been blinder-izing meself so as to work on balance; now I consider it from a flavor+mechanics perspective...my original thought about the Pious being an improved MB stands up reasonably well. That's not a good thing to my mind, so I'd say nerf or eschew the spells and re-evaluate the power level and function of the auras, mayhaps.

Elrosth
2006-11-02, 11:54 PM
As long as we're talking about classes of similar roles, I was considering taking a look at the Lil' Slugger class. It isn't my creation, but as far as I can recall it was only the name and flavor text. I also seem to forget the creator at the moment, but I could look it up.

Provided the original creator didn't wanna take it up, is there any possible niche I might want to keep in mind when I tinker with it so it doesn't compete too closely with our existing melee classes? I was considering abilities along the lines of Home Run (which would have something to do with either critical hits or maximum range of weapons), Safe! (which would either increase movement speed ala Barbarian, or maybe make some sort of check to modify initiative somehow. maybe like a dex check to get in an attack right before they make an attack at you, or some such thing), Fumble (somehow influencing disarm checks or balance checks of those they threaten in melee), and perhaps some sort of Favored Sport which would give them a progressing bonus depending on what they picked. Football, for example, might follow something similar to the dodge/mobility feat tree allowing for movement past threatening enemies, where baseball might progress through a faster movement speed, maybe power attack, improved crit (bat), or something else. Hockey would certainly involve bull rushes and charging.

Very messy right now, just kinda brainstorming into the post. Any suggestions to rope me in a little better before I get to working on it?

Vadin
2006-11-05, 07:14 PM
Lil' Slugger = Barabarian-esque, perhaps? A brutal fighter with abilites that make him more lethal, faster. Like the Brabrian's speed bonus, or an initiative bonus. And perhaps some midway ability that lets him make a retaliation attack if the attacker misses by, say, 5 or more. Like a melee version of the Jedi's ability from SWD20.

belboz
2006-11-13, 05:09 PM
BTW, I was just looking at the "completed CUTE content" (see sig for link), and I noticed a few issues:

Top post:

That table format is obsolete.Dreamer:

The table needs updating to the new format
It looks like a slightly old version. For example, contrast the description of "It's not Meant to Go that Way" with the "first issue" in this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1020325&postcount=65) (we'd decided that consumable resources should be restored; the description doesn't reflect this change).
The table looks like it's missing a bonus feat at...actually, no it doesn't, although the version on Fax's Wiki is missing one at L. 14.Darling:

Old table format.Panlid Champion:

Missing entirely.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-14, 12:31 PM
Inspired by the "Can a demon get a papercut?" thread...

Bible
+1 Holy book
A Storyteller or a Mama's Boy may use a Bible as an optional focus for any spell. If they use it as a focus, the spell gains the [Good] descriptor, and any target with an Evil alignment takes a -2 penalty on saving throws against the spell.
Price: 12,000 'gp' (not sure if this is too expensive)

...Yeah, I don't know.

Elrosth
2006-11-14, 01:44 PM
I like that one.

Collin152
2006-11-14, 06:08 PM
But there are free bibles in hotel rooms! Thats a lot of money when families go on vacations. Of course, thats "stealing," but still!

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-11-14, 06:30 PM
Hmm. . . Im not that cute, but i can think it. Heres what i think should be the moniez. . .

Felt Chunks(Copper)
Google Eyes(Silver)
Buttons(Gold)
Marbles(Platinum)

This is my first suggestion, not very good at non-monster or something. . . Mabye I'll make a Class or something when I want too.

Collin152
2006-11-14, 08:09 PM
No! Please dont revive that debate! Money is not up for discussion right now! I just got out of therapy...
Happy thoughts... Happy thoughts...

Seriously, we have enough ideas for money and to spare right now. Please hang up and dial again. Your 25 cents will be refunded you when you present this recept to the nearest Police Station. This message will self destruct. Bam.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-15, 03:17 AM
But there are free bibles in hotel rooms! Thats a lot of money when families go on vacations. Of course, thats "stealing," but still!

Yes, but those are cheap imitation bibles that you can't really whack someone with. :smallyuk: These stats represent a good, heavy, possible leather-bound, hard-backed Bible with some weight to it.

Anyway, it isn't really woth 12,000 gp... that's just how much a kid would need to 'spend' in order to aquire one.

Collin152
2006-11-15, 08:25 PM
Total sarcasm, man. Total sarcasm.

Mephibosheth
2006-11-17, 02:36 PM
Has anyone been able to locate the original/gigantic Project CUTE thread? I've looked a couple of times and I can't find it, so I think it got lost during the transfer. Maybe we should start reposting content and updating the CUTE Compendium...

Mephibosheth

Fax Celestis
2006-11-17, 03:39 PM
The search feature doesn't search threads that were created prior to the boardswitch. Try looking for it manually.

EDIT: Here's the old Completed Content thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10307) and the Evaluation Methodology thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10415).

belboz
2006-12-05, 03:04 PM
Hey all,

Don't know if CUTE is on hiatus for the holidays--I know things have slowed down a lot. But I've designed a CUTE-appropriate monster for VT's December Monster Contest. It's the Coal Elf, the first "misc. monster" in my sig. Please let me know what you think. I won't double-post it here.

Collin152
2006-12-05, 08:19 PM
The lack of my old avatar and others has slurred my thoughts... i can no linger think cutely... *faint*

Collin152
2006-12-30, 11:00 PM
Ok, speaking of that avatar, now that they are back up, I can find the old thread, so I can access that wonderous avatar. So... is that thread gone for good? Like... all of it?

SilveryCord
2007-01-01, 02:28 PM
Hmm. Does anyone want me to continue work on Crayon Disciple, or is it an unnessessary addition at this point?

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-04, 07:42 AM
...I wish I could think of something genius to kick-start this thread, but alas, I cannot. *sniffle* I like this thread. Don't die!

Mephibosheth
2007-01-04, 09:59 AM
What still needs to be done? We have a large number of classes and quite a few prestige classes, though the evaluation process has largely stalled and needs a jump-start. We have some monsters and could probably use a large number of D&D monsters, but we could probably use some more. Off the top of my head, I'd say that working on more CUTE weapons would be a good idea. Otherwise, what else needs to be done before it's rough but ready for playtest?

belboz
2007-01-04, 02:41 PM
I agree, evaluation, mostly. We've got a *lot* of content, most of it un-waded-through. Given how much several of the classes have changed in the evaluation process, I'd hate to give up on that.

Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28001) where we left off. I think that thread may be necrotic at this point, but would someone like to start another to pick up where it left off? Ideally, that'd be Fax, who could copy the top post onto the new thread and resume creator duties.

blackfox
2007-01-27, 01:05 PM
Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10481) the original/gigantic CUTE thread, if it helps...

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-27, 02:49 PM
Pious Progression
{table]
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spells Per Day Auras Known

1st +0 +2 +0 +2 Aura +1 2/-/-/- 1

2nd +1 +3 +0 +3 Smite (1/day) 3/-/-/- 1

3rd +2 +3 +1 +3 Aura +2 4/-/-/- 1

4th +3 +4 +1 +4 Discern Intent +2 5/-/-/- 2

5th +3 +4 +1 +4 - 5/2/-/- 2

6th +4 +5 +2 +5 Aura +3, Smite (2/day) 6/3/-/- 2

7th +5 +5 +2 +5 - 6/5/-/- 2

8th +6/+1 +6 +2 +6 Discern Intent +4 7/6/-/- 3

9th +6/+1 +6 +3 +6 Aura +4 7/6/2/- 3

10th +7/+2 +7 +3 +7 Smite (3/day) 8/7/3/- 3

11th +8/+3 +7 +3 +7 Double Aura 8/7/5/- 3

12th +9/+4 +8 +4 +8 Aura +5, Discern Intent +6 8/8/6/- 4

13th +9/+4 +8 +4 +8 - 8/8/6/2 4

14th +10/+5 +9 +4 +9 Smite (4/day) 8/8/7/3 4

15th +11/+6/+1 +9 +5 +9 Aura +6 8/8/7/5 4

16th +12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10 Discern Intent +8 8/8/8/6 5

17th +12/+7/+2 +10 +5 +10 - 8/8/8/6 5

18th +13/+8/+3 +11 +6 +11 Aura +7, Smite (5/day) 8/8/8/7 5

19th +14/+9/+4 +11 +6 +11 - 8/8/8/7 5

20th +15/+10/+5 +12 +6 +12 Triple Aura, Discern Intent +10 8/8/8/8 6
[/table]
This is as a blow to my heart. The tables need revamping since the move...The same goes for the Bearer of the Guardian, I believe, as well.

Collin152
2007-03-01, 10:15 PM
I wsa thinking, and discovered the perfect themsong for this whole project- do you recal WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate factory (that would be the one with Gene Wilder)? In it is a song called "Pure Imagination". Just look er up on youtube. If you want a laugh, add Magneto into that search, and I start thinking of the character my avatar represents.